• 締切済み

英文を訳して下さい

We burned our witches, don’t crucify our geeks". MUST read couragefound on he extradition case .

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

これは背景説明がないと、ちょっと分からないのではないでしょうか。 couragefound は、私の推測ですが、Courage Foundation という組織のことではないでしょうか。 「引き渡し」 というのは、米国政府が身柄の引き渡しを要求している英国のハッカーの Lauri Love のことをいっているのかも。 Lauri Love の事件のことを私はほとんど知らないので、上に書いたことは単なる私の推測です。 もしもそういうことが背景にあるのなら、 「かつて我々は魔女を火あぶりにしたが、ハッカーを十字架にかけて処刑するような真似をすべきではない。(彼を) 引き渡すという件について Courage Foundation のサイトに掲載されているので、それを読んでみるべきだ」 といったようなことを述べているのかも。

piromu123456
質問者

お礼

とても分かりやすくて助かりました。本当にありがとうございます(^_^)

• 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

これは、想像するに、 "We burned out witches, don't crucify our geeks" 全体がダブルクォーテーションで引用されているのでは? 「私たちは魔女を火炙りにしたが、オタクたちを貼り付けにはしない」 次の文は、 MUST read couragefound on his extradition case. で、he はhis ではないですか?またcouragefoundは固有名詞?だとすると、 「Couragefoundが書いた、彼の本国送還の件は絶対に読むべき」 何を言っているかわかりませんが、魔女の火炙りが過去形なので、歴史的な事実として。だけどオタクに関しては現在形で”するな”なので、ここではオタク(変人)は何らかの理由で守らないと行けないのでしょうね。想像すると、his extradition caseはそのオタク(変人)である彼が本国に送還されそうになっていて、それについてcouragefoundが助けようとしている。その投稿だか声明文だか何かを”読め!”と言っているのですかね。

piromu123456
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました(^_^)

関連するQ&A

• 英文解釈

英文解釈 次の2つ目の文の説明をおねがいします。なるべく詳しくして頂けると助かります。 We love our kids,and it's only natural that we rejoice when they succeed and feel pain when they don't.But we must make sure that our hopes and expectations for our kids are tailored to their personalities and strengths,not to our own unfulfilled wishes for ourselves.

• 英文の和訳お願いします

We cannot, we must not, refuse to protect the right of every American to vote in every election that he may desire to participate in.And we ought not, and we cannot, and we must not wait another eight months before we get a bill. We have already waited 100 years and more and the time for waiting is gone. So I ask you to join me in working long hours and nights and weekends, if necessary, to pass this bill. And I don't make that request lightly, for, from the window where I sit, with the problems of our country, I recognize that from outside this chamber is the outraged conscience of a nation, the grave concern of many nations and the harsh judgment of history on our acts.

• 以下の英文の意味を教えてください。

The books we read in our adolescent years, I suspect, have a stronger influence on our attitude toward life, and a larger share in forming our tastes and preferences than those acquaintance we make earlier or later.

• 英文を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。送料と値引きの件で返事が来たのですがすみませんが英文を教えて下さい。お願いします。 Recently we dropped the prices on most of the AAA by $3.00 so we cannot afford to give any additional discount, and as far as payment goes all payment must be prepaid since this is international transaction we don't offer any COD service and for all International shipping we use DHL Express shipping but If u prefer use FedEx we can use FedEx but our prices thru FedEx are 10 to 15% higher then DHL.

• この英文は合っているでしょうか?

この英文は合っているでしょうか? 1)You must wash your hands before [eating]. 2)He couldn't stand [her] talking only about herself. 3)We need more time [discussing] for the details of our plan. 4)She regretted not [having] studied hard. 5)I remember [visiting] his house before. 6)I found it comfortable [sitting] on the sofa. 単語の並べ替え問題で[]内は不足している1語を足したものです。 ところどころ自信がありません。 アドバイスよろしくお願いします。

• when 現在進行形など

一般的な諸注意(学校の図書館などで生徒に注意を呼びかけるとき)を述べるときに、以下の英文は正しいでしょうか? 特にwhen以降の現在進行形はこの場合、文法的にも表現的にも正しいでしょうか? 「読書をしているときは、友達と話してはいけません」 テストでの正解解答は、 We must not talk with our friends when we read books.でした。しかし次の文はどうでしょうか? We must not talk with our friends when we are reading. または次の文はどうでしょうか? We must not talk with our friends when everyone reads books.

• 英文を和訳お願いします。

英文 Once our eyes are opened to the truth, we suddenly realize that we outnumber them. Don’t let them close your eyes. よろしくお願い致します。

• 英文の訳

Previous examples have made clear that if we are measuring height of people, then we must understand and declare our assumptions to ensure unambiguous measurement. の訳が分かりません。どなたか訳してもらえないでしょうか?

• 英文として誤っているものを1つずつ…

英文として誤っているものを1つずつ… (1) ア You need not have to see him. イ We don't have to leave now. ウ He has only to study hard. エ We all have to go there. (2) ア What you say might be true. イ It was very cold. I might be in the Arctic. ウ He said he might be home late. エ Might I borrow your tape recorder. (3) ア I dare say you are right. イ I daren't to look down. ウ How dare you speak to me like that? エ I never dared to ask him. (4) ア I think we had best stop now. イ I'd sooner go on. ウ We don't have better go on any farther. エ You'd better keep quiet about this. 本当に急いでます。 出来れば解説もあると嬉しいです! よろしくお願いします!

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

下記の英文の意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。値引きの件でお願いをしていました。宜しくお願いします。 We can't offer the discount no longer, I will need to discuss further with Samuel our boss when he returns LA on March 20th till then there's nothing I can update you on. Sorry for the delay.