• ベストアンサー

以下の英文の意味を教えてください。

The books we read in our adolescent years, I suspect, have a stronger influence on our attitude toward life, and a larger share in forming our tastes and preferences than those acquaintance we make earlier or later.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.5

確かに知人と本を比べるのはおかしいと感じていました。 あと,those がなぜあるか。 those +名詞とあれば,その名詞は必ず複数です。 acquaintances の誤りと思ったのですが, 辞書に(古)として acquaintance で「知人たち(複数扱い)」というのがあったので, かたい語調の英文なので,これかな,とも思いました。 あらためて調べてみると, those whose acquaintance we make が原文のようです。 whose の先行詞は those で the books の代わりでしょう。 すると, 「私たちが,(青年期より)早いにせよ遅いにせよ(すなわち,青年期以外に) 知り合いになるような本」 the books + We make their acquaintance ... make ~'s acquaintance で「~と知り合いになる」 人間でなくても使えます。 whose の有無でまったく意味が変わってきます。 those acquaintance でおかしいと感じたところから一歩踏み込んで考えるか, 探してみるべきでした。 結局,青年期に出会い,読む本は,それ以外の時期に出会う本よりも強い影響があるということです。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (4)

• MXT500
  • ベストアンサー率67% (101/149)
回答No.4

青年期に読む本というものは、その時期以前またはその時期以降に巡り合う本に比べて、我々の人生に向かい合う態度により強い影響を及ぼし、かつ我々趣味・嗜好形成においてもより大きな役割を果たすのだと思います。 acquaintanceを「知人」ではなく、「知り合うこと」or 「知ることになった本」ととらえてみました。  those acquaintance → those(books) of acquaintance と強引に理解しています。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
noname#175206
noname#175206
回答No.3

「思うに、思春期に読む本というものは、それ以外の時期に読む本から得た知識よりも、その後の人生に対する態度に、より強い影響を与え、嗜好や興味に、より広く関与するのではないだろうか。」 ですかね。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.2

青年期に読む本は、早い時期にせよ遅い時期にせよ、知り合う人々よりも、人生に対する姿勢により強い影響を与えるし、趣味や好みを形成する上でより大きく貢献するのではないかと私は思う。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • spring135
  • ベストアンサー率44% (1487/3332)
回答No.1

私が思うには、我々が青春時代に読んだ本はその頃の前または後でできるた知り合いよりも、人生に対する取り組み方に強い影響を与え、我々の嗜好の形成に大きな範囲を占める。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• この英文の意味教えてください

In phrase 2, we use 'so', 'very' and 'terribly' to make the meaning stronger. 'Terribly' is the strongest. If we use one of the words in brackets, it is stressed. If~のところだけでいいのでお願いします>< bracketsがよくわかりません。 単体で使ったらってことですか?

• 意味を教えて下さい(英文)

We all have our past and things we've went through. However, we met each other in our current life. Connecting with you in the sky. I will not be able to never love like that again. There is no love between you and me all over the world if it is loveless.

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。とても安くて小さいものなのでまとめ売りらしいです。 発送ができるか質問を相手にしていたのですが返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えてください。お願いします。 We are in receipt of your below mail and thank you very much for your interest in our articles. Of course we would be pleased to welcome you as our new customer and we could deliver our articles directly from LA to your address in Japan. Please kindly note that we have quite a few customers in Japan and it is absolutely no problems to import our goods. Since you have not clarified which articles you would like to purchase we suggest to have a look at our homepage 11111 and choose the requested items. Once you will let us know which items you would like to purchase we can send you our best offer. Since most of our articles are packed in boxes containing 2 or 3 pieces we normally request a minimum order quantity of a complete box. In case of orders for less than a complete box our prices get increased by 30 %. If the order is for more than 5 pieces of one article our prices will get decreased. Hoping to have been of assistance to you and awaiting your detailed inquiry.

• 以下の英文の和訳を教えてください(>_<)

We are committed to being a deeply responsible company in the communities where we do business around the world. Our focus is on ethically sourcing high-quality coffee, reducing our environmental impacts and contributing positively to communities. ※around the world=世界中で

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。商品サイズなど詳細がわかりにくかったのでモデルさんが持った写真はありませんか?と質問をしたら返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 And I believe both of my colleague Ruxandra and me sent you quite a lot new styles recently. Unfortunately, we do not have model images for our AAA production. But we can help our customers to take model photos when they place order with us. Please find the attachment as examples. In the following future, I will keep you updated and send you our new styles once we developed. So you could place order in advance and we can provide you model images. Thank you.

• 以下の英文を訳してください

It will be seen that we have come full circle in our terminology. By subjecting the phenomenal world to logical criticism, we are left with a clean existential slate; we then create a new and logically consistent reality, and the images which the artist projects to make this reality concrete, the constructions of his imagination and his hands, are the only forms of art which can properly be calles realistic.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を予約していました。ですがそれをキャンセルしようか迷っています。相手にキャンセルの相談をしたら返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 2018 Collection will not have extra quantities, only a few pcs will be send to our warehouse in Los Angeles and we will prioritize domestic customers. We strongly recommend you not to cancel your order because you will be at risk of not having any products for 2018 collection. If you wish to purchase from Los Angeles for what we have in stock now, please feel free to go over our website and send me your order. Thank you and best regards,

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。サイズ感がわからないので人物が持っている画像はありませんか?と質問しました。返事きたんですがすみませんが意味を教えてください。お願いします。 I do not have access to Becky's drop box unfortunately. The photos with models that we have and that we could give you are quite old and showing our old stock. Would you be interested in these? We also have photos sent by our bloggers that agreed to have them used by 3rd parties if you'd be interested, and photos of celebrities wearing our AAA if you'd be interested.

• 以下の英文の解釈をお願いします

Chance had been our ally too often. We had grown complacent, over-confident of its loyalty. And so the moment when it first chose to betray us was also the moment when we were least likely to suspect that it might. 全体的な意味はつかめるんですが、いまいち和訳がうまくできません。 「運は非常にしばしばわれわれの味方であった。われわれは運が忠実であることに安心し、過剰に自信を持つようになった。そのために、運が初めてわれわれに背くことを選んだ時、われわれは運がわれわれに背くかもしれないなどともっとも疑いそうにない状況にあった。」 このように訳出したのですが訳になってないというか、忠実に訳したら変な英文になってしまいますし、意訳をしようと試みてるんですが、どうもうまくいきません。どなたか良訳ができる方がいらっしゃれば回答をお願いします、

• 以下の英文の解釈をお願いします。

以下に英文(大幅に省略しているので文章の繋がりは読めないです、スミマセン)と、それに対する疑問点を書かせていただきます。よろしくお願いいたします。 It is a beneficial thought that we were once children.(省略) We try to behave not as we want to behave, nor even as we think we ought to behave, but as we think others expect us to behave. So we enter into a world of pretence and deception, deceiving others and perhaps ourselves as well, and being deceived by them in turn. So we are placed under a continual strain.(省略) After all, it isn't so easy to act the part of someone else, according to what we imagine others may be expecting of us, especially when that expectation may change from day to day. As for all this strain, I hardly need add how harmful it must be to our health. (省略) Pretending we are still children is just as bad as pretending we are other adults than ourselves.(省略) All pretence is positeively harmful, if only by putting us under a strain and so impairing our health. At the same time, we must recognize there's still something of the child left in us. We never grow up in such a way as to leave the past entirely behind us. What we were, in a deep sense, we still are: and it is important for our health and peace of mind to admit the fact. 2(5)文目で"we think(imagine)"という挿入がなされている所が上手く訳出できませんでした。3文目の"in turn"は「騙し、その次には騙される」という感じで訳したのですがどうでしょうか?10文目で"such a way as to~"に関してこれは"so as to~"的に訳せばいいのでしょうか?11文目は":"の前の部分の構造がまったくわかりませんでした。