驚きの旅!マルコ・ポーロの中国への冒険

このQ&Aのポイント
  • マルコ・ポーロの旅行は、9000km以上離れたベニスで始まりました。彼の父親とおじは以前の訪問でハンを知っており、彼らは17年間滞在し、ハンのために様々な任務と仕事を行いました。
  • ヨーロッパ人が中国を訪れることは珍しいことであり、ハンは彼らの到来を光栄に思っていたようです。彼らの技術と知識を最大限に利用しました。
  • マルコ・ポーロがティーンエイジャーだった頃、彼の旅行はベニスで始まりました。彼らはシャンドゥで短期滞在し、その後17年間滞在しました。彼らはハンに仕え、彼のためにさまざまな任務と仕事を引き受けました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語 和訳の添削

自分では不安な所が多々あります。和訳添削をお願いします。 Marco Polo's trip had, in fact, started more than 9000 kilometers away in Venice when he was just a teenager. マルコ・ポーロの旅行は、事実上、9000km以上離れたベニスで、彼がほんのティーンエイジャーに過ぎなかった時に、始まりました。 His father and uncle already knew Kublai Khan from a previous visit five years earlier, when they had spent a short time in Shangdu. 彼の父親とおじは、既に、5年前の訪問によってフビライ・ハンを知っていましたが、その時は、彼らは上都で短い時間を過ごしていました。 On this second trip the Polos would stay for 17 years, making themselves useful to the Khan and undertaking various missions and tasks for him. ポーロ一家は、この二度目の訪問で、17年間滞在し、ハンに仕えて、彼のために様々な任務と仕事を引き受けました。 It is likely that the Khan considered it an honor that Europeans who were rare in China had made the extremely difficult journey, and he made good use of their skills and knowledge. ハンは、中国では珍しかったヨーロッパ人が非常に困難な旅行をして来たということを、自分に対する敬意であると考え、彼らの技術と知識を最大限利用したようである。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.1

以下のとおり、前便と同様の形式でお答えします。 >Marco Polo's trip had, in fact, started more than 9000 kilometers away in Venice when he was just a teenager. >マルコ・ポーロの旅行は、事実上、9000km以上離れたベニスで、彼がほんのティーンエイジャーに過ぎなかった時に、始まりました。 (お見事!) ⇒マルコ・ポーロの旅行は、事実上、9000km以上離れたベニスで、彼がほんのティーンエイジャーに過ぎなかった時に始まりました。 >His father and uncle already knew Kublai Khan from a previous visit five years earlier, when they had spent a short time in Shangdu. >彼の父親とおじは、既に、5年前の訪問によってフビライ・ハンを知っていましたが、その時は、彼らは上都で短い時間を過ごしていました。 (これも、かなりお見事。) ⇒彼の父親とおじは、既に、5年前の訪問によってフビライ・ハンを知りましたが、その時彼らは上都で短い時間を過ごしていました(過ごしただけでした)。 >On this second trip the Polos would stay for 17 years, making themselves useful to the Khan and undertaking various missions and tasks for him. >ポーロ一家は、この二度目の訪問で、17年間滞在し、ハンに仕えて、彼のために様々な任務と仕事を引き受けました。 (would stay のwouldは推量を表す機能があります。「滞在したでしょう・したものと思われます」。) ⇒ポーロ一家は、この二度目の訪問で17年間滞在し、ハンに仕えて、彼のために様々な任務と仕事を引き受けたものと見られます。 >It is likely that the Khan considered it an honor that Europeans who were rare in China had made the extremely difficult journey, and he made good use of their skills and knowledge. >ハンは、中国では珍しかったヨーロッパ人が非常に困難な旅行をして来たということを、自分に対する敬意であると考え、彼らの技術と知識を最大限利用したようである。 (お見事! 言うことが何もありません!) ⇒ハンは、中国では珍しかったヨーロッパ人が非常に困難な旅行をして来たということを、自分に対する敬意であるとみなして、彼らの技術と知識を大いに活用したようである。 以上、ご回答まで。

chilipper_pl
質問者

お礼

Nakay702さん、回答ありがとうございます。助かりました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語 和訳の添削

自分では不安な所が多々あります。和訳添削をお願いします。 The Polos Marco, his father Niccolo, and his Maffeo had been traveling for three and a half years when they finally achieved their objective a long awaited meeting with the powerful Mongol leader, Kublai Khan. マルコと父親のニッコロとマッフェオのポーロ一家は、3年半の間、旅を続けて来て、ついに、自分達の目的である、長らく待ち焦がれた強大なモンゴル人のリーダーのフビライ・ハンとの面会を達成しました。 The historic event took place in 1275 at the Khan's luxurious summer capital in Shangdu, in what is now northern China. その歴史的な出来事は1275年に、現在の中国北部である上都のハンのぜいたくな夏の首都で起こりました。 As he greeted his tired guests, Kublai Khan was surprisingly informal: Welcome, gentlemen! Please stand up. How have you been? How was the trip? 疲れた客に挨拶したとき、フビライ・ハンは驚くほどうち解けていました:ようこそ、みなさん! どうぞご起立下さい。お元気でしたか? 旅行はいかがでしたか?

• 英語 和訳の添削

自分では不安な所が多々あります。和訳添削をお願いします。 In the service of Kublai Khan, the most powerful man in people and in lands and in treasure that ever was in the world, Marco was able to learn and experience many things that were new to Europeans. マルコは、今までに世界存在した人々と土地と宝物の中で最も強力な人、フビライ・ハンに仕える中で、ヨーロッパ人にとっては新しかった多くのことを、学んだり経験することができました。 In his travel journal, he described Kublai Khan's palace as the greatest he had ever seen. 彼は、自分の旅行記の中で、彼がそれまでに見た中で最もすばらしいものとしてフビライ・ハンの宮殿を記述しました。 He admired the Khan's recently completed new capital, Daisy, whose streets were so straight and so broad. 彼は、ハンが最近完成した新しい首都、Daisyを賞賛しました。その通りがとてもまっすぐであって、とても広かったからです。 The city was located in what is now the center of Beijing, and Kiblai Khan's city planning can still be perceived in the straight, broad streets of China's modern capital. その都市は現在の北京の中心部にあり、現代中国の首都のまっすぐで広い通りにフビライ・ハンの都市計画を知ることができます。

• 英語 和訳の添削

自分では不安な所が多々あります。和訳添削をお願いします。 We learn from Marco Polo that, in the administration of his empire, Kublai Khan made use of a fast and simple message system. 私たちは、マルコ・ポーロによって、フビライ・ハンが彼の帝国の管理する際に、迅速で単純な意思伝達方式を利用したことを知っています。 Horse riders spaced every 40 kilometers allowed message to cover 500 kilometers a day. 40km毎に配置された騎手達によって、通信が一日に500km伝達することが可能になっていました。 Marco also learned the secret of asbestos cloth, which is made from a mineral and does not catch fire. また、マルコは石綿布の秘密を学びましたが、石綿布とは、鉱物から作られて、火がつきません。 Paper money also took him by surprise, as it was not yet in use in the West at that time. また、紙幣は、彼を驚かせました。というのは、紙幣はその当時西洋ではまだ使用されていなかったからです。 Homes were heated with black stones...which burn like logs. 住居は、黒い石で暖房されていましたが、その石は、薪のように、燃えるからです。 Those stones were coal unknown in most of Europe and they were so plentiful that many people had a hot bath three times a week. それらの石はヨーロッパの大部分には知られていなかった石炭でしたが、それらは非常に豊富であったので、多くの人々は1週間に3回、温浴をしていました。

• 英語の和訳

この英文の和訳教えてください(>_<) ↓ ↓ Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He realized his father was very old,and thought perhaps he should go to see him. He had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make arrangements,hereceived a telegram telling him his father had passed away,and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed to come home immediately and take care of things. When he arrived at his father's house,sudden sadness and regret filled his heart. He began to search through his father's important papers and saw the still new Bible,just as he had left it years ago. With tears,he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. And as he did, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It had a tag with the dealer's name,the same dealer who had the sports car he had desired. On the tag were the date of his graduation and the words PAID IN FULL.

• 英語 和訳の添削

自分では不安な所が多々あります。和訳添削をお願いします。 Although the Khan did not want his visitors to leave,the Polos finally received permission to return home in 1292. カーンは彼の訪問者に去ってほしくなかったけれども、ポロは、最終的に、1292年に帰宅する許可を受け取った。 Marco continued his observations on the ocean voyage by way of Sumatra and India. マルコはスマトラとインドを経て海洋旅についての彼の観察を続けた。 Upon his return, he completed a book about his trip, full of details about his amazing cultural experiences. 彼の復帰と同時に、彼は旅行(驚くべき文化的な経験についての詳細でいっぱいの)に関する本を完成させました。 It was probably the greatest contribution of geographic information ever made to the West about the East. それは、たぶん、これまでの西欧の地理の情報の中で最も大きい寄与であった。

• 英文添削お願いします。Argentine

英文添削お願いします。Argentine I heard from my friend who made a trip to the U.K that when he was at Heathrow Airport , an /one immigration officer had asked him many 1uestions about why you came to England ,how long he would be staying,and how much money he had and so on .Then he had fed up with them and and felt himself being racially discriminated After retuning to Argentine,he told me he would never go there again. 2 I heard from my friend who made a trip to the U.K that when at Heathrow Airport,he had been asked many questions about~.(上記と同じ) 3heard from my friend who made a trip to the U.K that an/one immigration officer at Heathrow Airport had asked him many questions by saying"Why did you come to England?,How long and where will you be staying? ,How much money do you have? and so on."Then~. アルゼンチン人と話をしていて、時制など関係なく話していて、3等はaboutをlike"~"のような言い方だったと思うのですが、「イギリスに行った友達が空港で何しに来たの、何日間どこでいるの、所持金は?とかいっぱい質問されたって聞いたよ。もう行かないって言ってたよ」と一文で纏めたいのですが(自然な表現で)1から3をは不自然とは思うのですが使える部分や修正して頂ければ有り難いです。 また違う表現があれば教えていただければより有り難いです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳

The Leales were very worried about Soseki’s mental problems. They recommended him to try bike-riding,a popular hobby in Britain at the time. Soseki followed their advice and began bike-riding. His cycling trips through the parks let him get back in touch with the world around him. This may have helped his mental condition. He even wrote about his poor cycling skills in a comical essay,”A Bike-riding Journal.” Thanks to the kindness of the people around him,Soseki recovered. In October 1902,he took a trip to Scotland for a week. It was his only sightseeing trip while in Britain,and he had a wonderful time. He finally felt some joy come back to his life. In December of that year,with 400 books he had bought,he left for Japan,returning in late January 1903. In one essay Soseki wrote: “My two years in London were the most unhappy two years of my life.” Soseki suffered a lot,but out of his suffering he learned many precious things that were later reflected in his writing. 以下の質問に英語で答えなさい。 1, Why did he start bike-riding? 2, When and where did he go sightseeing in Britain? 3, As he himself wrote,do you think his two years in London meant nothing to him? 和訳と問題をお願いします。

• 英語和訳

1:It is not that he made a mistake but that he concealed it that I regret. 2:That he ate ten hamburgers in five minutes amazed me. 3:It is doubtful whether crying and laughing are unique to human beings. お願いします

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I paid for my purchases and was rearranging things in my purse when the little boy came up to the cashier. The cashier rang up his purchases and then said, "Congratulations, you are my hundredth customer today, and you win a prize!"With that, she handed the little boy the Pokemon game, and he could only stare in disbelief. It was, he said, exactly what he had wanted!  The little girl and her father had been standing at the doorway during all of this, and I saw the biggest, prettiest, toothless grin on that little girl that I have ever seen in my life.    As I walked back to my car in amazement over what I had just witnessed, I heard the father ask his daughter why she had done that."Daddy, didn't Grandma and Grandpa want me to buy something that would make me happy?"He said, "Of course they did, honey."the little girl replied, "Well, I just did!"

• 英語長文の和訳。

英語が得意な人が居ましたら、 和訳をお願い致します。 My father has a friend in Osaka. His name is Akira Sato. He and my father became friends When they were student at the same college in Tokyo. Mr.Sato studenthard When he was a college student. But he also worked hard, because he wanted to go to the United States to study English at college. At last he got enough money to go there. In 1974 he finished college in Japan, and he went to the United States in August that year. His parents gave him some money When he left Japan. But two weeks afterhe started to stay in the United States, he because too sick to move. He had on friends to take care of him. He Could not eat or drink anything that day. The nextday, The old woman living next door to him found that he was so sick, and she college an ambulance for him. Hewas carried to a hospital. He was saved! But the doctor told him to go back to Japan, because he was too weak to study in the United States. The old woman did everything for him, so he Could come back to Japan one month later. And he got well. five years later, in 1979, he got married. One day in that year, When he was watching TV, he know about foreign students who were trying to find an inexpensive apartment in Japan. The students were not so rich. He remembered The kind old woman in the United States. Three years later, Mr. and Mrs. Sato made a house for foreign students near their house. The students didn't have to pay a lot of money to Mr. and Mrs. Sato. Mr. and Mrs. Sato have taken care of forty foreign students since 1982. The students call them "our parents in Japan." Some of them invited Mr. and Mrs. Sato to their countries. Mr. and Mrs. Sato didn't have their own children but they are very happy to have many "children" in foreign countries. 以上です。 誤字脱字がありましたらすみません。和訳、宜しくお願いします。