父の遺言に込められた感動的な意味とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 多くの年月が経ち、若者は成功を収めるが、父親が亡くなったことを知る。
  • 父親の大事な書類を探していると、彼がずっと前に置いていった新しい聖書が見つかる。
  • 聖書の裏には、彼が望んでいたスポーツカーのディーラーの名前と、彼の卒業の日付、そして「全額支払い済み」という言葉が書かれたタグが付いていた。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の和訳

この英文の和訳教えてください(>_<) ↓ ↓ Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He realized his father was very old,and thought perhaps he should go to see him. He had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make arrangements,hereceived a telegram telling him his father had passed away,and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed to come home immediately and take care of things. When he arrived at his father's house,sudden sadness and regret filled his heart. He began to search through his father's important papers and saw the still new Bible,just as he had left it years ago. With tears,he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. And as he did, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It had a tag with the dealer's name,the same dealer who had the sports car he had desired. On the tag were the date of his graduation and the words PAID IN FULL.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

歳月が流れ、その若者はビジネスでとても成功していた。 彼は、父親がとても年を取っている事に気づいていた、そして、たぶん、父親に会いに行くべきだとも思っていた。 彼はあの卒業の日以来父にはあっていなかった。 彼が準備を整える前に、彼の父親が亡くなったこと、そして、彼に全財産を譲る遺言をしたことを伝える電報を受け取った。 彼はすぐに家に帰り、色々な事の処理をする必要があった。 彼が父の家に着いた時、突然の悲しみと悔恨が彼の心を満たした。 彼は父の重要書類を探し始めた、すると、あのまだ新しい聖書が目に入った、何年も前に彼が置いて行ったままであった。 涙を流しながら、彼はその聖書を開いて、ページをめくり始めた。 そして、彼がそうしていると、車のキーがその聖書の背表紙から落ちた。 それにはディーラーの名前の付いたタグが付いていた、彼が欲しがっていたスポーツカーを置いていたのと同じディーラーであった。 タグには彼の卒業の日付と、「全額支払い済み」の言葉が書かれていた。

sai0415
質問者

お礼

また和訳をしてくれてありがとうございます(*^_^*)今回もとってもわかりやすかったです(〃▽〃)

関連するQ&A

• 和訳

これの和訳お願いしますO(><;)(;><)O ↓ ↓ A young man was getting ready to graduate from college. For many months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's showroom,knowing his father could well afford it. As graduation day approached the young man waited for signs that his father had bought the car. Finally,on the morning of his graduation,his father called him into his private study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine son,and told him how much he loved him. He handed his son a beautifully wrapped gift box. Curious,but somewhat disappointed,the young man opened the box and found a lovely,leather-bound Bible,with theyouog man'sname embossed in gold. Angry,he raised his voice to his father and said,“With all your money,you give me a Bible?” and stormed out of house,leaving the Bible.

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m

But again Max came to the rescue. He jumped once more into the water, again caught his master by the arm, and this time pulled him about four feet toward the dock. After Marvin had recovered enough to push Max onto the dock, he held on firmly to the dock. His grip on the dock,however, started to loosen once again. Marvin knew he had no more energy left and feared that he was going to die. As Marvin began to slip into the water for a third and final time, Max fixed his four feet firmly on the dock, held his master's arm in his teeth and pulled him with all his might. Marvin was very surprised by this unexpected help. He used every bit of strength he had left, and somehow managed to pull his body up onto the dock. There he lay still like a dead leaf. After a white, Marvin began moving toward the house. Max stayed beside his master and used every bit of strength he had to helphim. Man and dog made their way slowly up the three-hundred-foot slope to a point near the back door.

• 和訳

The Leales were very worried about Soseki’s mental problems. They recommended him to try bike-riding,a popular hobby in Britain at the time. Soseki followed their advice and began bike-riding. His cycling trips through the parks let him get back in touch with the world around him. This may have helped his mental condition. He even wrote about his poor cycling skills in a comical essay,”A Bike-riding Journal.” Thanks to the kindness of the people around him,Soseki recovered. In October 1902,he took a trip to Scotland for a week. It was his only sightseeing trip while in Britain,and he had a wonderful time. He finally felt some joy come back to his life. In December of that year,with 400 books he had bought,he left for Japan,returning in late January 1903. In one essay Soseki wrote: “My two years in London were the most unhappy two years of my life.” Soseki suffered a lot,but out of his suffering he learned many precious things that were later reflected in his writing. 以下の質問に英語で答えなさい。 1, Why did he start bike-riding? 2, When and where did he go sightseeing in Britain? 3, As he himself wrote,do you think his two years in London meant nothing to him? 和訳と問題をお願いします。

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

There he was on the ground,in no condition to go on, and all of a sudden he was no longer in Poland.instead,he found himself imaging himself standing on a stage on postwar Vienna giving a lecture on The Psychology of Death Camps. Audience of two hundred listened to his every word. The lecture was one that he had been working out the whole time he had been in the death camp. He spoke about how some people seem to survive the experience better than others, psychologically and emotionally. It was a brilliant lecture, all taking place in his mind's eye and ear. He was no longer half dead on the field but living in the lecture. During the lecture, Frankl told the imaginary audience about the day he was in that field being beaten and was certain he didn't have the strength to get up and keep walking.    Then, wonder of wonders, he told his imagined audience, he was able to stand up. The guard stopped beating him and get began to walk slowly. As he was imagining describing this to his audience, his body got up and began to walk. He continued to imagine this lecture all the while he was doing the work and through the cold march back to the death comp. He collapsed into his narrow bed, imagining ending this brilliantly clear speech and receiving a standing ovation.

• 英文の和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 内容的にまだ続いてる感じだと思います。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Yet he had a fairly happy family life and childhood. Background and family history are important to him. He may have had a strong attachment or respect for his father, who was affluent and a sense of family pride. He may have missed out on parental love in his childhood. He would have grown reserved and cautious. May have had some health weakness or weakens of constitution. His interest would have centered on the family. He wanted to shine out. Make his family proud of him, and he would have helped other family members out and taken an interest in their lives and affairs.

• 和訳お願いします。

My father thinks of my mother, of how lady-like she is, and of the pride which will be his when he introduces her to his family. They are not yet engaged and he is not yet sure that he loves my mother, so that, once in a while, he becomes panicky about the bond already established. But then he reassures himself by thinking of the big men he admires who are married: William Randolph Hearst and William Howard Taft, who has just become the President of the United States.   My father arrives at my mother's house. He has come too early and so is suddenly embarrassed. My aunt, my mother's younger sister, answers the loud bell with her napkin in her hand, for the family is still at dinner. As my father enters, my grandfather rises from the table qnd shakes hands with him. My mother has run upstairs to tidy herself. My grandmother asks my father if he has had dinner and tells him that my mother will be down soon. My grandfather opens the conversation by remarking about the mild June weather. My father sits uncomfortably near the table, holding his hat in his hand. My grandmother tells my aunt to take my father's hat. My uncle, twelve years old, runs into the house, his hair tousled. He shouts a greeting to my father, who has often given him nickels, and then runs upstairs, as my grandmother shouts after him. It is evident that the respect in which my father is held in this house is tempered by a good deal of mirth. He is impressive, but also very awkward.

• 和訳をお願いします!

Homophone When we moved to northen California, my husband began deliberating about buying a sailboat. He struggled over our budget, and nagged me for help in his decision.I told him that it was strictly his choice to make, that I was with him either way, but he had to decide. One morning, as he hurried out the door on his way to work, I waved and said, 'Bye.' He broke into a big grin and called over his shoulder, 'I was hoping you'd say that!' Him& Hymn A woman had been very faithful in attending all her church's services for many years, and the minister wanted to reward her.At the next Sunday-evening service he announced, 'For her loyalty to the church, we shall reward Miss Jones by letting her pick three hymns for the evening.' 'Oh, goody!' exclaimed Miss Jones. And, pointing to various members in the congregation, she said, 'I'll take HIM and HIM and HIM.' 宜しくお願いします!

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

The little girl had apparently chosen her Barbie, a beautifully dressed, glamorous doll that would have been the envy of every little girl on the block. However, she had stopped and was watching the interchange between the little boy and his father. Rather disappointed, the boy had given up on the video games and had chosen what looked like a book of stickers instead. He and his father then started walking through another aisle of the store.  The little girl put her Barbie back on the shelf, and ran over to the Pokemon games. She excitedly picked up one that was lying on top of the other toys and raced toward the check-out, after speaking with her father.  I picked up my purchases and got in line behind them. Then, much to the little girl's obvious delight, the little boy and his father got in line behind me.After the toy was paid for and bagged, the little girl handed it back to the cashier and whispered something in her ear. The cashier smiled and put the package under the counter.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Steven and I dated for two years. The first year was wonderful. My family and my in-laws all accepted him. As year two began, he began to change. He stopped being attentive, and started to randomly go out by himself. We eventually broke up because he couldn't commit. At the beginning of our relationship, he didn't seem to have a problem with commitment. He took advantage of my life and of my children being secure with him. 最後の文の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします。

Joe was not a good student. He tried hard, but he was not clever enough to understand everything that he was supposed to learn. In fact, whenever Joe had examinations in the past, he had become so nervous that he could not even remember the little he had learned in class. He would sit there, holding his pen tight and scratching his head while other students were busily writing their answers.  Then the time came for the final examination, and Joe spent sleepless nights trying to remember everything he had been taught that year, so that when he went into the examination hall, he was tired and unhappy.  The examination papers were handed out, and Joe looked quickly at his copy. The first question was as difficult as he had feared. He read it through several times, and then slowly began to write, but nothing seemed to come easily. Soon he began to sweat, and the drops fell on the paper.  To try to gain the teacher's sympathy, he drew rings round the drops with his pen and wrote 'MY SWEAT' under them.  The examination finished, and Joe met his friends in the entrance to the hall. They had found the examination easy, they said. "Of course they would!" Joe thought bitterly.  A few weeks later the students' examination papers were returned to them with their grades. Joe's friends had all passed, but Joe's grade was 'E', which meant that he had failed.  Then, when he looked at his paper more carefully, he saw that there were some more marks of water on it, and under them the teacher had written 'MY TEARS.' 長いですが、よろしくお願い致します。