• ベストアンサー

「年子」という表現

aoteaの回答

• aotea
  • ベストアンサー率25% (1/4)
回答No.3

敢えて一言で答えるなら、one year age-gap それでなければ、 There is one year age-gap between them. とか、 They have one year age-gap each other. ではいかがでしょうか?

gohan24
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 gapという単語が使えるのですね。わたしは「ae」の発音が苦手なのですが、頑張って相手に通じるようにしたいと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 少し難しめですが、日本語への訳をお願いします。

軟骨など医療用語(整形外科)があり難しいかもしれませんが、日本語への訳をお願いします。 This substance is then replaced by bone around the age of 14 months. Cartilage is found in many areas in the bodies of humans, including the joints between bones, the rib cage, the ear, and the intervertebral discs.

• 英文についての質問です

似たような内容の質問が続いてしまいすみません。 The Social Security normal retirement age is currently 66, and it is scheduled to gradually increase to 67 by two months per year starting in 2017. After it reaches 67 in 2022, this option would continue to increase the retirement age by two months per year so that it reaches 68 in 2028 (for people born in 1966 or later). * The normal retirement age does not determine the earliest age at which people are eligible for Social Security benefits, which would still be 62, but rather determines when retirees would receive full benefits without a penalty for early retirement. このような英文があるのですが、「退職年齢を引き上げる(66→68, 2028年までに)」ということですよね? The Normal以降がわからないのですが、これはどういうことが言われているのでしょうか? (社会保障給付に関することが書かれていると思うのですが…) これを採用することで10年後には60Billionドルの赤字が削減できているだろう、ということなのですが、なぜそうなるのでしょうか?(英文から読み取れる範囲で構いません) 分かる方、教えて欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 訳してください

Geology 地質学の話です。 Numeric Age and Sedimentary Rocks という項目に – Example: you may date granite clasts within a conglomerate, but the age will be the date of when the granite formed, not when the conglomerate was deposited. Can still be useful: you may not know the exact age of the conglomerate but you do know that it must be younger than the age of the youngest clasts within it. このような文章がありました。 2段落目についての質問なのですが、「Conglomerate(石の名前)の性格の年齢を知ることはできないが、その中の最年少のクラストの年齢より若くなければならないことを知っています。」ということでしょうか? The youngestよりもyoungerというのはどういう意味でしょうか? mostがついていないから「最も…」という訳ではないのでしょうか? このthat it must be younger~からがわかりません。 わかる方教えてほしいです。

• Sb had been a yearの解釈について

添付ファイル文章の The younger brother, Alexey, had been a year already among us, having been the first of the three to arrive. についてです。 had been a yearですが、 アレクセイは、我々のあいだにすでに 1年(前から)  いた。 このように解釈していますが、 存在のbe のあと a year だけで、 文法的にどうなっているのかわからないです。 解説お願いします。

• successive year

About five years ago I asked my sisters-in-law if we could move the annual Christmas family gathering from a Sunday to a Saturday so that one of my kids could attend. He lives quite a distance away and would have to miss work on the Monday after if he attended the party. None of the others would miss a day of work because they live locally. The response was: "No, this is the day we always do it." Each successive year, I made this request when the advance email came out, and I was repeatedly refused. Each successive yearの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします

the agreement shall not be terminable,except for cause,within 1 year of its coming into effect. Either party terminate the agreement upon three months's written notice. ○何らかの原因を除いて その影響が出てくる1年以内に覚書をおわらせることができない 影響、結果がでても1年間は終了できないことですか ○ 3ヶ月の書面での通告 って3ヶ月後に終了できるとおもっていいのですか

• えいご

日本天皇はエンペラーですよね? ラインでこう書いたのですが滅茶苦茶でしょうか。さいてんおねがいいたします。ペコリ。 日本天皇が引退する事を書いたのです。それと、日本人の睡眠時間は短め?と聞かれたので答えました。校閲お願いします。 The current Emperor will quit the Emperor at the end of April this year. My son will succeed the Emperor from May. Since I have the same birthday with that person, it will be a holiday next year from Emperor's Birthday. The new emperor is in his 50's. Since there is no son in this person, next, the nephew (junior high school student) born as a test tube baby becomes the crown prince. I have a younger brother from a different brother, but since my age is close, I can not become an emperor. The sleeping time of Japanese people depends on people, but is it about seven hours or eight hours? People with night shifts are reversing.。

• 統計学の問題かもしれません…

(1)The deta showed significant difference (P<0.001, F=22.185) and shoulder height (P<0.001, F=14.977);there were no significant differences between male and female animals of the same age in dung diameter (P=0.122, F=2.439). このPとFは、統計学上のことでしょうか? 統計学であれば、何と言う問題にあたるのでしょうか? (2)There are clear differences in the age-class structure derived from direct observations and the 1997 dung survey (X^2=79.96, d.f.=3, P<<0.001). (1)と同じくこの X と d.f. と P は何でしょうか? よろしくお願いします。 (カテゴリ違いだったら済みません)

• 私の英作文、文法上の誤りや稚拙な表現をご指摘下さい。―vol.1

英作文したのですが、すでに学校を卒業してからン十年がたっており、文法に自信がありません。そこで、文法上の誤りがあればご指摘頂けますと幸いです。一例を挙げれば、こういう場合猿は複数形にするのか単数形にするのか、また、関係代名詞はwhereなのかwhichなのか迷いました。また、表現に稚拙なところはアドバイスを頂戴致したく、よろしくお願い致します。なお、字数制限の関係上質問を3つに分割しました。 Regarding to the difference between the ordinary Japanese monkeys and the Kojima’s Japanese monkeys. Kojima is a small island, where is located near Toi Promontory which is the south pole of Miyazaki prefecture, facing the Hyuga-Nada sea. The Japanese monkeys who live there are designated as natural commemorated animals at Showa 9th year (A.D.1934). It is the first time to be designated as natural commemorated animals as the Japanese monkeys. Then, I attended and investigated the difference between the ordinary Japanese monkeys and the Kojima’s Japanese monkeys who are designated as natural commemorated animals. 普通のニホンザルと幸島のニホンザルの違いについて  宮崎県の最南端である都井岬の近く、日向灘に面する小さな島が幸島です。そこに住んでいるニホンザルは昭和9年にニホンザルとしては初めて天然記念物に指定されました。そこで、天然記念物にまでなった幸島のニホンザルにスポットをあて、普通のニホンザルとの違いについて調べました。

• 和訳をお願いします

Confounding is a central issue for epidemiologic study design. A simple definition of confounding would be the confusion, or, mixing, of effects: this definition implies that the effect of the exposure is mixed together 「ア」the effect of another variable, leading to a bias. Let us illustrate confounding with a classic example: the relation between birth order and the occurrence of Down syndrome. Figure 1 shows data on birth order and Down syndrome from the work of and Mantel. These data show a striking trend in prevalence of Down syndrome with increasing birth order, which we might describe as the effect of birth order on the occurrence of Down syndrome. (1)(The effect of birth order, however, is a blend of whatever effect birth order has by itself and the effect of another variable that is closely correlated with birth order.) The other variable is the age of the mother. Figure 2 gives the relation between mother’s age and the occurrence of Down syndrome from the same data. It indicates a much stronger relation between mother’s age and Down syndrome. Because birth order and the age of the mother are highly correlated, we can expect that mothers giving birth to their fifth baby are , as a group, considerably {イ} than mothers giving birth to their first baby. Therefore, the comparison of high-birth-order babies with lower-birth-order babies is to some extent a comparison of babies born to older mothers with babies born to younger mothers. Thus, the birth-order comparison in Figure 1 mixes the effect of mother’s age with the effect of birth order. The extent of the mixing depends on the extent to which mother’s age is related to birth order. (2) ( A good way to resolve the extent to which one variable’s effect explains the apparent effect of the other is to examine both effects simultaneously.) Figure 3 presents the prevalence of Down syndrome at birth by both birth order and mother’s age simultaneously. (3) (Figure 3 shows clearly that within each category of birth order, looking from the front to the lack, there is the same striking trend in prevalence of Down syndrome with increasing {ウ}. In contrast, within each category of mother’s age, looking from left to right, there is {エ} discernible trend with {オ}.) Confounding: 交絡(疫学用語) epidemiologic study:疫学研究 exposure:曝されること、曝露 bias:偏り variable:変数 Down syndrome:ダウン症候群 order:順位、順序 discernible:認められる、識別できる  prevalence: 有病率 (図1,2,3はアップ出来ませんでした。申し訳ありません。) (2)のかっこでくくってある英文の和訳がよく分かりません。僕の和訳は直訳通り、「ある一つの変数の影響が別の変数による明らかな影響をはっきりさせる程度を解決するよい方法は、両方の影響を同時に調べることだ。」と考えましたが、意味不明です。 長い文ではありますが、よろしくお願いいたします。