• 締切済み

英文学(シェイクスピア関係?)の大学レポート

大学でイギリス文学のレポートの宿題が出ました。 「それぞれについて英文1000wordsで書きなさい。」とのことですが、 文学についてほとんど何も知らず、何から手をつけて良いのか分かりません。 お正月からすみませんが、書く為のヒントだけでも良いので、詳しい方教えて頂けないでしょうか。 1Examine the use of the "stage" metaphor in the "Seven Ages of Man "speech, and discuss and show knowledge of other uses of this metaphor in medieval and classical and religious literature. 2Give an explanation of the character of"Puck"(Which is composed of"Puck "and "Robin Goodfellow").Show knowledge of the folkloric background behind the character. 3Examine Hamlet'S speech on "man" and give a coherent account of"humanism"as it developed 1450-1550. What was "humanism?" Who was Pico Della Mirandola? Why is this relevant to Hamlet's speech?

みんなの回答

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

関連するQ&A

• 英文を翻訳お願いします

In general, wine is made from grapes. Pass me the salt,please. He will be an Edison. I don't mind eating fast food three times a day. A human being is the only animal that is gifted with speech. He said that necessity is the mother of invention. This is the house where Shakespeare was born. Even if the sun were to rise in the west, I would never change my mind. The rescue worker grabbed the man by the hand. The knowledge of first aid is of great use. He was at a loss as to what to do. Mother went to see the school festival by train.

• 英文~関係代名詞~

Language is nothing but set of human habits the purpose of which is to give expression to thoughts and feelings, and especially to impart them to others. 「言語は一連の人間の習慣にすぎず、その目的は考えや感情を表現し、とりわけそれらを他人に伝える  ことである。」 nothing but = only「~にすぎない」 a set of 「一連の」 impart 「~を分け与える」 【質問】 human habits the purpose of which is to give expression の部分で、名詞+名詞になっているのですが、文法的には問題ないのでしょうか?  たとえば、本文をもともとの2文に分けてみると、 (1)Language is nothing but set of human habits. (2)The purpose of it is to give expression~.(=Its purpose is to give expression~.) になり、このことから、本文以外にも、もう2パターンの文が作れます。 of which the purpose is to give expression~. whose(=Its) purpose is to give expression~. 形を変えたら、納得いくのですが、本文は名+名となっていて変だなと感じました。

• 英文和訳

I speak tonight for the dignity of man and the destiny of democracy.  I urge every member of both parties, Americans of all religions and of all colors, from every section of this country, to join me in that cause.  At times history and fate meet at a single time in a single place to shape a turning point in man's unending search for freedom. So it was at Lexington and Concord. So it was a century ago at Appomattox. So it was last week in Selma, Alabama.  There, long-suffering men and women peacefully protested the denial of their rights as Americans. Many were brutally assaulted. One good man, a man of God, was killed.  There is no cause for pride in what has happened in Selma. There is no cause for self-satisfaction in the long denial of equal rights of millions of Americans. But there is cause for hope and for faith in our democracy in what is happening here tonight.  For the cries of pain and the hymns and protests of oppressed people have summoned into convocation all the majesty of this great Government--the Government of the greatest Nation on earth.  Our mission is at once the oldest and the most basic of this country: to right wrong, to do justice, to serve man.  In our time we have come to live with moments of great crisis. Our lives have been marked with debate about great issues; issues of war and peace, issues of prosperity and depression. But rarely in any time does an issue lay bare the secret heart of America itself. Rarely are we met with a challenge, not to our growth or abundance, our welfare or our security, but rather to the values and the purposes and the meaning of our beloved Nation どなたかお願いしますm(__)m

• This is, in fact, the aim

This is, in fact, the aim of education : not just to give information about this or that, but to relate bits and piece of knowledge to each other in a unified vision or understanding of life. 日本語訳をお願いします! できるだけ意訳ではなく直訳でお願いします。

• 英文和訳です

Once the electrode was implanted, the team used a computer model of speech that Guenther had developed over the past 15 years to decode the signals coming from the man’s brain and discern which vowel sounds he was thinking about. Guenther presented the results at the Society for Neuroscience meeting in Washington DC on 19 November. So far, the patient has been able “to produce three vowel sounds with good accuracy”, says Guenther. This happens as quickly as normal speech, he says. “The long-term goal within five years is to have him use the speech brain-computer interface to produce words directly”, Guenther says. Most of the interfaces currently being developed transmit signals from the region of the brain that controls movement to either a prosthetic arm or even, as shown by a recent study in monkeys, the subject’s own arm. According to Guenther, this is the first brain-computer interface that has been tailored for speech. よろしくお願いします^^;

• 英文和訳です

Dr. Frank Guenther is a cognitive neuroscientist who studies speech production, speech perception, and sensory-motor control. He and his team helped a completely paralyzed but conscious patient communicate with the use of brain sensors. First, the researchers watched the patient’s brain activity by using functional MRI (fMRI) as he tried to say certain vowels. Next, they implanted an electrode into the part of the man’s brain that deals with speech production. The electrode can sense brain activity very quickly and transmit it instantaneously to a machine that can show which vowels the patient is thinking about. After more vowels and consonants are added to the list of understood letters, it is hoped that the patient will be able to communicate whole words to the researchers. Other projects have used electrodes to allow a paralyzed person to move a robotic arm, but this is the first project to have a specifically designed brain-computer interface for speech. A future patient may have additional electrodes implanted so that more information can be transmitted from the speech-production area of the brain to the researchers, leading to deeper communication. よろしくお願いします^^;

• 英文添削をお願いします。

英語の再勉強中です。 英文を作成しましたので添削をお願いします。 There was also an affair today. Of course, that result was our big boss. After our boss reported his work to him, he took a joke, ‘the man who gave me this info told me that this is so expensive.’ This word aroused him and yelled. Then he himself called on the man who said it and clamed about it like child in the presence of us. It was really unbelievable scene. There is a problem wherever he is.

• これらの英文のアドバイスをお願いします

英語で人物を紹介する「show and tell」というやつです。 中一程度のものなので簡単な文章でいいです。 間違いの指摘、アドバイス等お願いします。 Do you know this man? He is Steve Jobs. He founded Apple and Pixar Animation Studios. His presentation is very Interesting. He was famous for them. But he died October fifth of last year. I like him. So I'm sad. 稚拙な文ですがお願いします。

• 次の英文の訳を教えてください!!

・Whether it be in politics or voluntary organizations, successful people show the public their willingness to give and to volunteer, and the lack of such spirit would instead prpve them inappropriate to be social leaders. ・Other than a few tense moments of excitemwnt or silence, the audience is generally more relaxed. ・Because of this huge investment,he was given the nickname "Dice-K", a play on words with how the team threw dice and the letter K, a symbol in baseball that stands for a strikeout. .・Happy enthusiasm mixed with toughness can even be seen in the name of the Major League team Nomo played for first, the Los Angeles Dodgers. ・Just as a ball that flies out of the ballpark is outside the range of the field,something that costs above the budget gose beyond what was planned.

• スピーチ風英文の添削をお願いします。

駅を「here」--(lineう)--「stationい」--(lineえ)--「stationあ」としてあります☆ 「here」 から 「stationあ(自分の地元)」に帰るまでの道のりから始まるスピーチを英語にしました。 この英文を添削していただきたいです^^; I’m going to give you a speech about my hometown あ. あ is in ん prefecture. あ is toward to い from here. (「あ」はここから「い」方面にあります。と、したいです^^;) fifty minutes ride on local train of う line enables to reach い station from here. Another thirty minutes ride on local train of え line enables to reach あ station. So, I took about one and half hour when I go back to my hometown あ, including the time to change trains. あ is famous for fireworks. Firework festival is performed in あ every year. When the day comes, there are more than five hundred stalls to sell Yakisoba Okonomi and so on. About two hundred thousand(20万人,としたいです^^;) peoples go there and twenty-thousand fireworks are launched in about three hours. It tells you how big this festival is. あhigh school is also famous for having a strong baseball club. Although あ high school is not private school, they appeared on the stage of KOUSHIEN in 2001. I think it is wonderful thing. Above all, my speech was finished. Thank you for your listening my speech. ホントにわかりにくい文章ですいません。 お願いします!!! あと、文法が変なところなどあったら先生の代わりに 教えてください^^;