Rapidly Growing Abductions and Barbaric Murders to Prevent Independent News Coverage

このQ&Aのポイント
  • An international media advocacy group reported an increase in the number of journalists being kidnapped and killed
  • The group highlighted the case of an imprisoned journalist by installing a shipping container in front of the Eiffel Tower
  • The beheading of journalists for propaganda purposes has become more frequent
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

independent news coverage

NHKからの抜粋です It says the murders have become more barbaric and the number of abductions is growing rapidly in an attempt to prevent independent news coverage. 対応する日本語記事はありませんでした。 文中の"independent news coverage"とは何ですか。所謂フリージャーナリストのことですか。辞書に掲載がありません。 全文です: An international media advocacy group says 119 journalists were kidnapped this year, an increase of 32 from last year. The Paris-based Reporters Without Borders said in a report that 66 journalists were killed in 2014, 5 fewer than in the previous year. The group installed a shipping container in front of the Eiffel Tower on Tuesday to highlight the case of an imprisoned journalist. It said a number of journalists were kidnapped for ransom by Islamic State militants and others. 47 journalists were kidnapped in Syria and Iraq. The group says the beheading of journalists for propaganda purposes had rarely taken place before.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

いわゆる『フリージャーナリスト』のことで間違いないと思います。 特別最近ということではありませんがISISの勢力下にあるイラクやシリアなどの本当に生命の危険にさらされる紛争地域には安全の観点から既存大手メディアは自社の記者を送りません。捕まって首をはねられるのも覚悟で会社の規則に縛られず自分の意思(independent)で取材する人には勇気に敬意を表します。

remokon
質問者

お礼

返答ありがとうございます よく分かりました 今後もおねがいします

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

文中の"independent news coverage"とは何ですか。所謂フリージャーナリストのことですか。辞書に掲載がありません。  おっしゃる通り、「独立の」、すなわちどの新聞社にもテレビネットワークにも属しない記者のことです。  ですから、大きな、押しなだめる組織が後ろに無いため、事実は言うが、消しても問題の少ない人たちによる、報道記事がこれ以上増加するのを防ぐため、と言う意味だと思います。

remokon
質問者

お礼

返答ありがとうございます よく分かりました 今後もおねがいします

関連するQ&A

• location independent

(度に出ながら仕事をすることについて)“One thing I learned pretty early on is that it’s really hard to travel and be productive,” notes Erica Blair, a 30-year-old marketing consultant who currently calls Chiang Mai, Thailand, home and has been location independent for the last eight years. “I need to stay somewhere at least three months and set up a routine. Otherwise, with traveling, it’s just too hard to both enjoy a trip and grow my business.” I became location independent last year, when I traveled through Europe for seven months. I brought my laptop, and I was constantly on calls or doing work. location independent とは簡単に言うとどういう意味でしょうか?調べてもよくわかりませんでした。よろしくお願いします

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

The Sykes-Picot agreement, where France recognised Arab independence, had been signed after the letter to King Hussein: "It is accordingly understood between the French and British Governments... that France and Great Britain are prepared to recognise and uphold an independent Arab State or Confederation of Arab States in the areas A. and B. marked on the annexed map under the suzerainty of an Arab Chief." Hence France, argued the British, by signing practically recognised the British agreement with King Hussein, thus excluding Damascus, Homs, Hama, and Aleppo from the blue zone of direct French administration in the map attached to the agreement showed that these cities were included in an independent Arab State. Pichon said France could not be bound by what was for them an unknown agreement and had undertaken to uphold "an independent Arab State or Confederation of Arab States", but this did not mean the Kingdom of Hejaz and if they were promised a mandate for Syria, it would only act in agreement with the Arab State or Confederation of States.

• 次の英文の訳をお願いします

The Japanese confectioner Kazuki, for example makes a chocolate-dipped cookies sold in Europe , through a joint venture with Kraf Foods of the U.S , as the Mikado,and elsewhere as Pocky. Mikio Kasama ,head of the golbal business division at Kazuki,said Mikado sales brought in \15 billion ,or $160 million , a year and that Mikado sales in Europe were growing at an anuual rate of about 10 percent.

• 長文ですみませんが、訳をお願い致します!

A statement of claim filed in the High Court at Auckland by the Pepperwood Mews body corporate says that in 2002-03, Housing NZ and developers Prime Group hatched plans for what has now become Pepperwood. About August 2003, Housing NZ struck an agreement with Prime for the design and construction of the big complex. Investors were drawn to buy units, the claim says, because they were marketed as a "blue chip" investment. The complex was leased as state housing but evacuated when severe structural defects were found.

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

In 1916 the territory was divided into separate British and French administrative zones, and this was formalized in 1922 with the creation of British Togoland and French Togoland.The colony was established towards the end of the period of European colonization in Africa generally known as the "Scramble for Africa". Two separate protectorates were established in 1884. In February 1884, the chiefs of the town of Aného were kidnapped by German soldiers and forced to sign a treaty of protection.

• 【和訳】gone were って何でしょうか?

次の文のand以下、gone were...の意味がわかりません。 The May Day demonstrations were significantly smaller than in previous years, and gone were calls for a nationwide boycott of businesses and work, as protest leaders had urged last year. どなたか教えていただけたらありがたいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• BBCニュースの英訳お願いします!

BBCニュースの訳教えてください! この前のフィリピンの台風の話なのですがいまいち訳があやふやな場所があるので教えてください。 Almost 35000 people were still sheltering in evacuation centres on Sunday, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said. これがひとつめです。 Official said many bodies remained unclaimed, suggesting entire famililies has veen swept away. これが二つ目です。 the affected area is so wide and huge and I believe they have not really gone to all areas to do a search. これが3つめです。 the rescue effort, boosted by some 20000 soldiers, countinued through Saturday night but was being hampered by flooded-out roads and downed power lines, officials said. これが4つ目です。 National TV showed scenes of devastation, with streets strewn with mud and piles of debris. The remains of houses lay alongside cars that had been picked up by the water and left in culverts and along riverbanks. これが5つめです。 The BBC’Kate McGeown in Manila said the storm took everyone by surprise. この6つめです。

• 英語論文翻訳お願いします。

Results Results of the recruitment process The study group were drawn from a population that consisted of 200 predominantly male subjects residing at the ZVAMC NHCU from October 1989 to October 1990. The recruitment period extended from October 1989 to June 100 and the exercise program was conducted from January to October of 1990. The inclusion and exclusion criteria shown in Table 1 were applied to the study population. Independent ambulation, requiring no supervision with or without an assistive device, was a prerequisite for study consideration. Because of this criterion, 112 of the NHCU residents were excluded from the study. Another 60 residents were omitted because of significant illness, dementia, leg amputation or dependence on an assistive device for ambulation. Of the remaining 28 subjects, 5were excluded because they scored above the predetermined cut off point on the Tinetti mobility assessment scale; it was felt these individuals were too functional to derive significant benefit from the intervention program. Of the 23 remaining subjects, 15 provided informed consent. Because of resource and supervisory limitation only three to four individuals could reasonably participate in the exercise sessions at any one time. Consequently, only 12 of the potential 15 subjects were actually able to participate in the study. Six subjects joined the exercise group and six the control group. After completion of the control protocol, four of the control subjects then participated in and completed the exercise protocol. Of the original subjects in the exercise group two were forced to total of eight subjects in the exercise group protocol. Selected characteristics of the subjects are described in Table 2. No significant differences were noted between the initial profiles of the exercise and control groups, although weight, length of stay and number of major diagnoses demonstrated more variability than age, height and number of scheduled medications. Baseline Testing of the Exercise and Control Subhects Baseline data for the participants who completed the study indicated that their initial scores for strength, work capacity and gait were substantially lower than age-specific nomal values recorded in the literature30 31 33.the participants demonstrated deficiencies of 21% for tinetti mobility skills, 62% for gait velocity and 56% for stride length. The exercise and the control groups were not significantly different with regard to their profile of baseline deficiencies in these functional capacities. タイプミスあったらすみません。 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1466871

• 訳をお願いします。

China press prejudices dashed  By EIICHI SHIOZAWA Kyodo BEIJING — A number of Chinese journalists saw their long-held negative views about Japan and its people change completely after traveling to the Tohoku region to cover the aftermath of the March 11 disaster, according to their reports to a recent symposium with university students in Beijing. Impressed by the orderly and patient behavior of disaster survivors and the relatively high transparency of information released, they said they developed a feeling of respect toward the Japanese. Their reports were so full of positive aspects that some of the roughly 200 students in the audience questioned whether the journalists had come across anything negative while in Japan. "The ability of the government to handle relief operations was not as high as that of the Chinese government," said Zhang Hongwei, 44, a reporter from the Chinese Business View newspaper based in Shaanxi Province. Other than that, however, the journalists only cited favorable aspects about Japan. Chen Jie, 38, a cameraman for Beijing News, was one of them. While admitting he had felt resentment and mistrust toward the Japanese for a long time, "the prejudice that I felt gradually disappeared while I was there, trying to cover the disaster damage," he said. "In the 14 days I spent on the assignment, I learned much more than I would have done if I had read books for 10 years," he added. Chen flew to Sendai on March 14 and covered disaster-hit areas, including Minamisanriku in Miyagi Prefecture and the city of Fukushima. His strongest impression of the Japanese was "the cool and collected" manner demonstrated by the people in devastated areas, including the direct survivors of the disaster. Chen said he was moved when he saw people patiently line up in front of shops amid shortages caused by the disrupted distribution channels. He noted that shop owners didn't exploit the situation by indulging in price-gouging and even family members of those who had died tried to restrain themselves from crying openly during burials. "I was surprised that I was given priority treatment at a gas station, as I had an emergency press pass," he said, showing slides of a large number of people waiting their turn to fill up. Zhang of the Chinese Business View, who visited sites in Iwate and Miyagi prefectures, said he also had been "an anti-Japan person," but through his assignment he came to realize "the Japanese deserve respect." Chen and Zhang were among more than 150 Chinese journalists sent to cover the Tohoku catastrophe. The unusually large number appears to have been partly because it was a natural disaster, not a political matter. Reporter Qin Xuan of the Southern Weekly magazine in Guangdong Province said "it must have been the first time that so many journalists flew out to cover an overseas incident." The magazine ran a special feature on the disaster with a headline saying "The nation of patience," mirroring straightforwardly the impressions that its reporters took from the stricken areas. The story touched on how Self-Defense Forces personnel gave a salute to dead people before burying them, providing a new image of the SDF, which ordinary Chinese still tend to view in light of the wartime Imperial Japanese Army. 今年5月3日のThe Japan Timesの記事です。 自分なりに訳してみたんですが… うまくまとまらず苦戦しています(><) どうかよろしくお願いします。

• 訳してください!(孔子に関する長文)

一部分訳せないところがあるので、訳していただけませんか。よろしくお願いします。 The two cornerstones of his system of personal conduct were jen and li. Confucius did not claim to be an innovator, but always said that he was merely urging a return to the moral standards of former times. In fact, however, the reforms which he urged represented a change from--and a great improvement over--the government practices of earlier days