ヴィレット:シャーロット・ブロンテの最後の小説

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ヴィレットはシャーロット・ブロンテの最後の小説であり、彼女の最も成熟した作品です。
  • この作品は、現代のフェミニスト批評において重要なテキストとなっており、性政治に関する言及だけでなく、芸術についても議論しています。
  • シャーロット・ブロンテの作品は、メロドラマやロマンスの虚構や願望から解放された芸術に徐々に進化してきました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳 添削

翻訳したので添削お願いします。 Villette was the last novel Charlotte Bronte before her untimely death, and her most mature. It has become a key text in contemporary feminist criticism, for reasons that are very obvious in this passage. But in defamiliarizing the representation of women in histrical painting Charlotte Bronte was making a point about art as well as about sexual politics, and specifically about her own art, which had gradually and painfully emancipated itself from the falsifications and wish-fulfilments of melodrama and romance. ヴィレットという作品は早すぎる死で亡くなったシャーロット・ブロンテが書いた最後の小説だ。その本は同世代のフェミニストの非難のカギとなった。それにはいくつかの明らかの理由がある。だが、シャーロット・ブロンテが描いた女性の歴史についての表現を中傷することは性の政治だけでなく芸術についても主張している。そしてそれはだんだんと苦しげに解散している。虚造やメロドラマや恋愛の願望が満たされることから。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.2

「ヴィレット」は若くして亡くなったシャーロット・ブロンテが書いた最後の小説であり、彼女が残した著書の中でも最も成熟した作品である。この本は現代のフェミニズム批評における重要な教本となっており、その理由はこの一節を読めば一目瞭然である。シャーロット・ブロンテはしかし、当時女性が置かれていた境遇の在り方に異を唱えつつも、芸術や、政治における両性、また特に彼女自身の芸術に重きを置いた。そしてそれらは痛みを伴いながらも長い年月を経て、メロドラマやロマンスの虚像と願望から解き放たれていったのである。

その他の回答 (1)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

> Villette was the last novel Charlotte Bronte before her untimely death, and her most mature. > ヴィレットという作品は早すぎる死で亡くなったシャーロット・ブロンテが書いた最後の小説だ。  * 問題なさそうですが、her most mature という部分が訳文に反映されていません。 > It has become a key text in contemporary feminist criticism, for reasons that are very obvious in this passage. > その本は同世代のフェミニストの非難のカギとなった。それにはいくつかの明らかの理由がある。  * criticism = 非難 とは限らないと思います。  → Villette は現代のフェミニズム批評の分野における叩き台的な存在になっているが、その理由はここに引用した部分から明らかだ。 > But in defamiliarizing the representation of women in histrical painting Charlotte Bronte was making a point about art as well as about sexual politics, and specifically about her own art, which had gradually and painfully emancipated itself from the falsifications and wish-fulfilments of melodrama and romance. > だが、シャーロット・ブロンテが描いた女性の歴史についての表現を中傷することは性の政治だけでなく芸術についても主張している。そしてそれはだんだんと苦しげに解散している。虚造やメロドラマや恋愛の願望が満たされることから。  * この部分の訳は、一気に詰め込もうとして分かりにくいものになっています。たとえば 「そしてそれはだんだんと苦しげに解散している」 という文などは、何のことか理解してもらうのはむつかしいのではないでしょうか。  * 部分的に訳して、それらをつなぎ合わせる際に調整するという手もあります。たとえば   1) Charlotte Bronte was making a point about art シャーロット・ブロンテは芸術について論じていた   2) as well as about sexual politics, and specifically about her own art 性的政治学も、そして特に彼女自身の芸術について   1) + 2) → シャーロット・ブロンテは性的政治学とともに芸術について、とりわけ彼女自身の芸術について論じている   3) which had gradually and painfully emancipated itself from それは次第に苦しみながらもそれ自身を~から開放した   4) the falsifications and wish-fulfilments of melodrama and romance 事実の歪曲や、メロドラマや恋愛小説による願望充足   3) + 4) → それはたやすいことではなかったものの、事実の歪曲や、メロドラマや恋愛小説による願望充足にとらわれた状態から次第に離れていく  * in defamiliarizing the representation of women in histrical painting という部分は、シャーロット・ブロンテ自身が行ったことなのですが、それがお示しの訳文からは伝わりにくい気がします。  [まとめて仮に訳せば] → 歴史画に描かれた女性像が象徴するものを剥奪する作業を行いながら、性の政治的側面だけでなく芸術についても、特に彼女自身の芸術観についても論じている。そうして彼女は、甘い恋愛ドラマや小説などの歪曲や仮想的な自己満足から、徐々に、苦痛を覚えながらも解放されていくのである。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳してほしいです・・・

しっかりとした日本語の翻訳してほしいです。 (1)The problems facing Cambodia. Underage girl prostitution is a serious social problem in Cambodia. Especially in brothels in villages near the capital Phnom Penh,it is not uncommon for young girls to take customers in the company of adult prostitutes. This was about 10 years ago. When I was in Cambodia as a university student, I had the opportunity to visit a facility that sheltered women and children who had been victims of prostitution and provided them with vocational training. One of the girls who particularly impressed me was Lilia, a 12-year-old girl with long, silky black hair. Lilia was 10 years old when she was sold from a poor village in the north and forced to sell her body in a brothel in a back alley in Phnom Penh. When she did not want to take clients, she was beaten and kicked and forced to do what she was told. When I visited the facility, she had already been taken care of and was being cared for, and her mental and physical wounds were healing, but at the time she was taken care of, she had bruises and burns all over her body and was in great pain. (2)I spent time with Lilia playing tag and ball. She was quieter than most children, but her occasional smile was pure childlike. Lilia was very attached to me, and when we were tired of playing, we took a shower together. Lilia was naked and I could see the scars on her small, thin body. There were burn marks on her back and large teeth marks on the bulge of her small breasts. Such an innocent girl had been in a brothel until a few months ago. I felt as if I had been confronted with this reality, and I felt indescribable. When I left the establishment after staying there for a few days, Lilia handed me a beautiful red flower and a small letter. The letter said, in her own words, 『I was happy to be with you』 As I was driving home from the facility, my heart ached as I imagined the unimaginable that had happened to such a young and sweet girl. More than a year later, I visited Cambodia again. Although I was not able to visit the facility, I had dinner with the staff. 「How is Lilia?」I asked him, and he told me the shocking truth「Actually, she ran away from the facility」 (3)I wondered where the little girl had gone after running away from the facility. As we often hear in other facilities, Cambodian girls often escape from shelters and return to brothels because their families cannot survive without them working. Did Lilia also go back to the brothel? Or are they trying to return to their own homes? It was very painful to think about how that little Lilia was doing.

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

In 1916 the Germans completed two submarine merchant vessels, to be used as blockade runners. The aim was to use them to carry high value goods to neutral nations such as the US, which still maintained a strict neutrality, and was prepared to trade with Germany as with any other nation. The first of these vessels, Deutschland, sailed in summer 1916 and made a favorable impact on US public opinion. She made a second equally successful voyage in autumn of that year. Her sister, Bremen, was less fortunate; she disappeared on her maiden voyage, the cause of her loss unknown.

• 翻訳お願いします

Margie went into the schoolroom. It was right next to her own room. The mechanical teacher was on and waiting for her. It was always on at the same time every day except Saturday and Sunday. Her mother said that little girls learned better if they learned at regular hours. The screen was lighted up. It said , “Today's arithmetic lesson is on the addition of proper fractions. Please insert yesterday's homework in the proper slot.” Margie did so with a sigh. She was thinking about the old schools they had when her grandfather's grandfather was a boy. All the kids from the whole neighborhood come. They laughed and shouted in the schoolroom , and went home together at the end of the day. They learned the same things , so they could help one another with the homework. And they could talk about it. And the teachers were people … The mechanical teacher was flashing on the screen : "When we add the fractions 1/2 and 3/4 … " Margie was thinking about how the kids must have loved it in the old days. She was thinking about the fun they had.

• 長文ですがどなたか翻訳をお願いします。

どんな母親かがかいてあります。 長文ですがよろしくお願いします(#^^#) His mother was a sturdy squat short dumpy woman with thick shoulders, crow black hair, and bright glossy black eyes like little currents in her face. She had a clear brown and ruddy complexion. She was intellectual in her way but stormy, angry and not very diplomatic. Though she improved as she got older. She liked jewelry and had something with blue or green precious stones in it, a valuable and beautiful piece she often wore, sapphire and emerald probably. Liked money and valuables. She usually spoke the truth however brutally, and valued truth and straight forwardness in her children and others. She was interested in the mysterious and in fortune telling. Witty, hasty rash, superstitious, a free spirit, aiming at all things, undertaking anything that took her fancy. Bright sparkling lively, a good and interesting talker, full of chatter. She lived a double life. Your future partner probably only saw the mother and housewife side of her and missed much of her true character and life as children often do His mother was bright when a young woman she was like a flame, who attracted others. He had a happy childhood home, and lived in the world of a child, there were no attempts from his mother to make him assume an adult role, or to detract from the carefree wonders of childhood. His parents burdens adult life and hidden worries never intruded or spilled over. One of the childhood memories that may have stuck in his mind was of a house being re roofed. Someone in his household may have worked as a roof builder, or maybe the roof became dangerous. His mother was generous to her children

• 翻訳をお願い出来ないでしょうか?

音楽評論の様な内容です。 文の切れ目が分かりづらく、四苦八苦しています。 お力添え願えませんでしょうか?  It is a way of giving in order to reciive, just like her more recent interest in performers of older generations, such as Tom, Bob or John who bring with them the values of a different era.  Marry operates with in this existential vision of music, which insted of abstract perfection seeks the essence of truth, and she continues to pursue values and emotions that grasp art's fundamental sense of coming into being.  It was in context that Fred put his plan for Marry project into action in 2002, with the support of the ABC bank and DEF Rete due.  The chosen location was NY, a place that has historically been welcoming territory for pianists.  For ten years now, in the month of June, this event has allowed Marry to create a busy community in NY, gathering around her artists from various backgrounds and types of experience.  Some are celebrated, some are not, but all are fired by the spirit of making music in a sort of cloistered envionment, and share with the great pianist an awareness of the valuable lessons in sensitivity that can be learnt though a repertoire that often reveals hidden aspects in the great composers as well as unsuspected qualities in minor figures. 長文で申し訳ないですが、英語に詳しい方、宜しくお願い致します。

• 翻訳してください!!

学校の課題で日本語に訳さないといけないのですが、この2文が訳せません。 どなたか訳してくれませんか?? Ancient sophistication died, leaving the western world in the grip of 'Dark Age' of material and intellectual poverty, out of which it was only slowly to emerge. Not only the arts of elegance, which minister to luxury, and are supported by it, but many of the useful arts, without life can scarcely be contemplated as comfortable, were neglected or lost. よろしくお願いします!!

• 翻訳お願いします!

the yorkshire moors form the background to one of the strangest and most powerful british novels,wuthering heights,by emily bronte(1818-1848). wuthering heights is a story of a passionate love affair between cathy earnshaw and heathcliff,originally a homeless young boy adopted into cathy's family. when cathy marries a local landowner,heathcliff leaves,but he returns years later to take his revenge. after cathy's death,heathcliff becomes obsessed with her,and even begins talking to her ghost. he dies after spending a night walking the moors. the bronte family was a remarkable one,with three sisters-emily,charlotte and anne-who became famous novelists.(charlotte wrote the poplar novel,jane eyre.) they were three of the six children of a clergyman,who took up a position in the yorkshire village of haworth. haworth was a small and isolated village on the yorkshire noors,and there was very little for the children to do. after the two eldest sisters died,emily,charlotte and anne used to amuse them-selves and their brother by making up stories. but the brontes were also a tragic family. all six children died relatively young. wuthering heights was emily's only novel. today,the bronte home in haworth attracts thousands of visitors each year. the only writer's hometown that attracts more people is stratford-upon-avon,the birthplace of william shakespeare.

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

The last success of the year came on 31 December. SM U-24 sighted the British battleship HMS Formidable on manoeuvres in the Channel and torpedoed her. Formidable sank with the loss of 547 of her crew. The C-in-C Channel Fleet, Adm. Sir Lewis Bayly, was criticized for not taking proper precautions during the exercises, but was cleared of the charge of negligence. Bayly later served with distinction as commander of the anti-submarine warfare forces at Queenstown.

• 翻訳お願いします!

この長文を翻訳してください。お願いします。 長いので、2パートほどに分割します。 (1) Once upon a time, there was a poor girl alone in a village. Her dad and mom died, her relatives weren't there, and at the age of 12, she finally lost her house. Only the poor clothes she wore and a piece of bread were the girl's belongings. However, even in such a situation, the pure and gentle girl believed in God. She believed that even in such a situation, God is sure to protect me.. The girl was walking alone on the road where the cold wind blows. Then a traveler talked to her girl. 「Young lady, give me food . I'm about to die.」 The girl saw the traveler's Skinny face and pitifully gave her a piece of bread, 「May you have God's blessing.」 she saw the traveler happily chewing on the bread, and the girl started walking again. This time, a little boy, a little younger than the girl, was crying. 「I am very cold. my hat was blown by the wind.」 The girl stroked the boy's head, then took off her hood and put it on the boy. The boy stopped crying and thanked her girl and went somewhere.

• マリーサレエの文の添削をお願いします。

マリーサレエ嬢の事を調べていたらどうしても英文でしか、載っていないので自力で訳してみたのですが自身が無いので添削お願いします。文は「Marie Sallé, (1707-1756) one of the most prominent dancers of her time, was a daughter of a tumbler. She was taught dancing very early and made her debut in 1718 at the St. Laurent's Fair in an opera-comique by Lesaye titled "La Princesse Carisme". She toured in fairs for years and in 1721 appeared for the first time in the Opera in Paris in "Les Fetes Venitiennes". She became a student of Francoise Prevost at the Academie Royale, but the jealousy of the older danseuse kept her from advancing rapidly. In 1725 John Rich took her to London where she first appeared in "Love's Last Shift" in entreacte divertissement with her brother. She danced with her brother through- out her career. Later she danced in "Caracteres de la Danse". She stayed in London for two years and returned to Paris where she danced at the Opera. She danced a solo entree, but for the next few months was in the corps de ballet. In about a year however she was recognized as a dancer of great talent. The rivalry with Camargo which became a feature of both dancers' careers began at this time. During the next few years she alternated her time between London and Paris. She was a noted intellect and associated with the men of letters of her time. She was a reformer in dance. In London in 1734 she appeared in her own production of "Pygmalion". She discarded the cumbersome dress of the day and danced in a muslin costume, her hair down and unornamented. This was in line with her belief that dance should be natural and expressive.」という文です。私の訳は「マリーサレエは最も優秀なダンサーの一人で、娘は体操選手をやってました。彼女はとても早い時期にダンスを教えられ、1718年に街でデビューしました。美しいオペラコ、コミキューイリザヤの中でタイトルは「プリンセスカリスメ」だった。彼女はフェアでの旅行で、1721年にパリのオペラ「レスフェティスヴェンチネ」に最初に現われました。彼女はフランソワーズ・プレボーというロイヤルアカデミーで生徒になりましたが、年長の学生から妬まれてしまいます。しかしそれにもめげず一進に突き進んで上達しました。1725年ジョンリッチはエントラクトの余興で彼女の弟との共演作「ラブラストシフト」お見てロンドンに招きました。彼女は弟と一緒にキャリアを重ねた。後期には彼女はキャラクターダンス団でおどりました。彼女は二年間ロンドンにいてオペラで踊ったパリに戻りました。彼女はソロをエントリーして踊って数ヶ月バレー団にいました。しかしながら、彼女は役一年間で大変才能のあるダンサーとして認められました。この時バレーのライバル、カルマゴと一緒に双方特色のあるダンサーになりました。この数年間パリとロンドン行ったり来たりしました。彼女は著名で知性的で手紙によって男性と交際しました。彼女はダンスの改革者でもあった。1734年に彼女のプロダクションでピグマリオンを行なうためにロンドンに現われました。彼女は下がっていてドレスを捨てて、モスリン風の髪型と衣装でおどりました。これは自然な表現の裏づけであり彼女の信念でもありました。」とまだ文は続くのですが今回はここまで添削をお願いします。英語に詳しい方遠慮なく添削をお願いします。