• ベストアンサー

Her father said

下記の直訳を文を区切って教えていただけますか? Her father said that he was back after one month, like he promised.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。  直訳 彼女の父親(主語)は、一か月すると帰った(=日本語では「帰る」が自然でしょう)と言った、彼が約束したように。 2。このような like を接続詞として使う使い方は、下記接続詞2で「~のように」 <話> とあるように、書き言葉ではまだ市民権を得たと考えない向きもあり、ここ40年ぐらいに like a cigarette should などと言うコマーシャルの後押しで俗語から口語へ昇格した言いかたで、伝統を重んずる人は as を使います。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=like 3。  意訳    彼女の父は、約束通り 一月すれば帰って来ると言った。 4。  時の一致とは言え、would be の代わりに was を使っている点と、上の like の使い方とあわせてちょっと外れ気味の英語ですから、御質問になるのも無理ないと思います。   

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• flew her out

My father began dating four years after my mother passed away from a terrible bout with cancer. He and I have always been close; in fact, I have always considered him to be one of my best friends. But since he started dating he has changed. I just traveled across the country for a family funeral and discovered that he has a new love in his life, and that he flew her out to see all of our extended family. My dying grandmother got to meet her, but I didn't even know her name! flew her outはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、got toはcouldに置き換えられるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• It was too bad

下記の直訳を文を区切って教えていただけますか? It was too bad that he was so kind, but he looked so strange.

• 間違い

この英文に間違いまたはおかしいと思ったら教えて下さい somebody said''how young do you think he looks?? after that he told me that being talked about him like that was what he doesnt wanna be done most お願いします

• called her out on it

I've been with "Betty" for 20 years. Last week, a repairman came to fix the phone line. On his way out, Betty followed him and said in a sexy voice, "I like bald-headed men. You come back." Betty didn't know I overheard what she said until I walked in after she had picked up the phone to call her girlfriend. She then told the woman that it probably hurt my feelings. She's right. It hurt my feelings and made me realize she really didn't care one whit about me. When I called her out on it, she claimed she was just being friendly. called her out on itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 下記の問題のご解説の方をどうか宜しくお願いします

【問題文】 Karen wanted her grandfather ( ) when he was a boy. (1)her (2)like (3)life (4)was (5)what (6)to tell 【私の自信のない解答】 Karen wanted her grandfather ( (6)to tell (1)her (5)what (4)was (2)like (3)life ) when he was a boy. 【疑問点】 what was like lifeか、what life was likeなのかわかりかねてしまいました<m(__)m> また、このwhatは疑問代名詞のwhatなのか、関係詞のwhatなのか、判断も出来かねてしまいました<m(__)m> もし、この並び替えのwhatが、関係詞ならば、関係詞のどの用法なのか、お答えして頂ければ幸いでございます<m(__)m> また、この英文全体の直訳もわかりかねてしまいました<m(__)m> ご回答ご解説して頂ける方はどうか宜しくお願い申し上げます。<m(__)m>

• 翻訳お願いいたします

Rose's father had promised to send her to Wellesley, a respected women's college, after high school but then went back on his word, leaving her heartbroken.

• (That / What) she said was true.

(That / What) she said was true. (That / What) she said so surprised me. こういう問題はここでも質問されることが多いですが、括弧内は必ずどちらかに決っています。 thatでもwhatでもどっちでも入る。ただし、意味は異なるという文を教えて下さい。

• 英語でわからない問題があります。教えてください><

次の各組の文がほぼ同じ意味になるように( )に適語を入れなさい。というものです。4問わからないものがあります。 (1) a. I like the moon better than any other celestial body. b. I like the moon ( ) ( ) all the celestial bodies. (2) a. She is the loveliest girl I have ever met. b. I have never met ( ) ( ) lovely girl as she. c. She is ( ) ( ) any other girl I have ever met. (3) a. He said that he was happy to meet us that day at that memorable party. b. He said, "( ) ( ) happy to meet ( ) ( ) at ( ) memorable party." (4) a. He said to her, "Will you attend the party tomorrow?" b. He asked her ( ) she ( ) attend the party ( ) ( ) ( ). 問題多くてごめんなさい><1つでも分かる人がいらっしゃれば回答よろしくお願いします。  

• leaving her to find her o

以下の文章のleaving以下がわかりません。訳を教えてください。 He apparently walked out on her in a restaurant, leaving her to find her own way back to Coventry. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227482/Suicide-BBC-reporter-said-ex-Radio-1-DJ-Liz-Kershaw-threatened-aggressive-phone-calls.html よろしくお願いします!

• よろしくお願いします

A year ago we discussed getting engaged. Spencer said he'd propose sometime within the next year and last spring it seemed like he was working up the courage to do it. (He was talking about how happy he was and what he was seeing for our future). Then his best friend got his girlfriend pregnant and told Spencer he was thinking about proposing to her. After that, the idea of us getting married went on the back burner. Spencer stopped talking about us, and I think the reason was he didn't want to step on anyone's toes. (It's why he said he didn't want to get engaged when his sister was getting married.) It's whyとThat'w whyになるときの違いは何でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 【AgneauD'or Blanc CPS4802】のミシンが使えない!布が送られないトラブルについて相談します。
  • プーリーを一回転させると送り刃が上に出ないため、布が送られません。どうすれば解決できるでしょうか。
  • ブラザー製品である【AgneauD'or Blanc CPS4802】のミシンを使用中にトラブルが発生し、布が送られない問題に直面しています。プーリーの操作にも問題はありませんが、送り刃が上に出ずに動作しない状況です。どのように解決すれば良いでしょうか。
回答を見る