詩の翻訳について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 私自身の英語の能力が乏しいので、海外の友人から勧められた詩の内容がよく理解できないので、直訳ではなく、どのようなニュアンスになるのか少し訂正を加えて翻訳をしていただきたいのです。
  • 詩は海を前にし、死を前にして、私には秘密はありません。
  • 愛は私の思考を永遠の庭園に植えつけます。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

詩の翻訳について

私自身の英語の能力が乏しいので、海外の友人から勧められた詩の内容がよく理解できないので、 直訳ではなく、どのようなニュアンスになるのか少し訂正を加えて翻訳をしていただきたいのですが、ヨロシクお願いします。以下の詩です。 Before the sea, as before death, I have no secrets If you seek a path to my soul take me to the stormy sea. There you’ll find the unearthed temple, the ruins of my life; and the plateau of my youth enclosed by a wall of fig trees. There you’ll witness the ancient lament of my thighs, that have brought pagan gods to their knees. Before the sea, as before death, I have no secrets. The earth and moon become my body. Love transplants my thoughts into the gardens of eternity.

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9724/12096)
回答No.2

以下のとおりお答えします。原文・直訳・意訳の順に列記し、ところどころカッコ内に説明を補います。 Before the sea, as before death, I have no secrets 海の前では、死の前のように、私は秘密を持たない =私は海の前に立つと、死を前にした時のように、秘密を守ろうなどという気にはなりません。(海も死も、抗いようのないものです。) If you seek a path to my soul take me to the stormy sea. あなたが私の魂への通路を求めるなら、私を嵐の海へ連れて行きなさい。 =あなたが私の心の内を覗きたいなら、私を荒海へ連れて行ってください。(そこでは、何でも打ち明けてしまいます。) There you’ll find the unearthed temple, the ruins of my life; and the plateau of my youth enclosed by a wall of fig trees. そこであなたは、掘り出された寺院、私の生活の廃墟を見つけるでしょう。また、イチジクの壁に囲まれた私の青春時代の高原を見つけるでしょう。 =そこであなたが見るのは、これまでの私の若い頃の秘密です。私はそれを、(アダムとイヴが局部を覆っていた)イチジクで隠しておいたのです。 There you’ll witness the ancient lament of my thighs, that have brought pagan gods to their knees. そこであなたは、異教の神々を跪かせた私の太ももの古い嘆きを目撃するだろう。 =あなたが目撃するのは、荒ぶる男たちを跪かせた、私の若い頃の太もも(局部)の嘆きです。(意に反して結ばれた・あるいはレイプされた?のかも知れません。) Before the sea, as before death, I have no secrets. 海の前では、死の前のように、私は秘密を持たない。 =私は海の前に立つと、死を前にした時のように、秘密を守ろうなどという気にはなりません。 The earth and moon become my body. 地球と月は私の体になる。 =私は、子どもを育てる大地、優しく見守る月になります。 Love transplants my thoughts into the gardens of eternity. 愛は私の考えを永遠の庭に移植する。 =私には愛があるので、私の受胎したものを楽園の中に生みます。 いわゆるサンボリズム(象徴詩)の一種でしょうね。意味を想像しながら楽しませていただきました。ありがとうございました。 以上、ご回答まで。

Raiki77
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。ともて参考になります。 解釈を変えるだけで異なる風景が見えてきます。

その他の回答 (3)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.4

#1です。補足です。     この詩は、#3さんご指摘のように Nacionalna i sveučilišna knjižnica u Zagrebu の「蓋棺録」の冒頭に in memory of Vesna Parun と題されて掲載された追悼の詩です。     僕にはこれが、この詩人の原詩の英訳なのか、追悼文を書いた人の創作なのか、わかりませんが、前者なら重訳、後者なら、詩人の作風を反映しようとした作品で、まず直訳から、と思いました。     「少し訂正を加えて翻訳」するのは僕の能力を超えていますので、、、     

Raiki77
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。ともて参考になります。 確かに、おっしゃるとおりです。

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.3

クロアチアの女性詩人ヴェスナ・パルーンの作品です。 http://www.nsk.hr/en/before-the-sea-as-before-death-i-have-no-secrets-in-memory-of-vesna-parun/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesna_Parun 晩年の彼女のドキュメンタリーがこちらで見られます。

参考URL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iixZ0BLICY0
Raiki77
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。ともて参考になります。 とても興味深いです。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

海の前には、死の前のように、私は隠す事は無い     もし私の魂への小道をお探しなら、荒れ狂う海へ連れて行け。     そこには、私の一生の廃墟である、埋もれた寺院が、私の若い頃の高原がイチジクの木の壁に囲まれてある。     そこで私の、異境の神々を膝まづかせた股の古い嘆きを目撃するだろう。     海の前には、死の前のように、私は隠す事は無い。     大地と月は私の身体になる。     愛は、私の思いを永遠の庭に移し植える。

Raiki77
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。ともて参考になります。いろいろな解釈ができて、とても新鮮です。

関連するQ&A

• 再 翻訳して下さい。

As stated before in my previous emails, due to the amount we have paid on our behalf for the return of the order due to you being away for 3 months, you will not be issued a refund. There will be no re-payment. This has been confirmed across many emails and this order will now be closed and no further discussion will take place.

• 翻訳お願いします

The shortfall is I am old and my memory is not what it once was, thank you for bringing that to my attention So I have checked and you are correct you have paid a total of $140.00 As you can see I did not originally charge you enough for shipping for both hosts I only charged you for shipping for one host now there are two hosts. OK lets start over you paid $90.00 and that completely covers the L2, we'll call that good ! So on the E2 here is the low down for the E2 host, it is $26.00 and the copper heat sink is $65.00 (normally I would charge $75.00 but you have been a good customer ) and the flat focus adapter is $20.00 shipping to you for this weight will be $12.00 and if sent as a gift then no PP fees so that would be a total of $111.00 You paid a deposit of $50.00 on 6-7-13 so the balance will be $61.00 round that off to $60.00 as a gift and I'll get em packed up and ready to go on Monday Let me know if that sounds right to you I don't want you to think I'm trying to pull the wool over your eyes or something

• 翻訳してくださいm(_ _)m

翻訳してくださいm(_ _)m Yep five hours, but if we go fast only 4 hours (Moon satisfied) Oh well I hope you enjoyed your days off! I only have one more day off then I also have to go back to work (oh no!)(oh no!)(oh no!)(oh no!) But I'm going to be going to sleep now, I hope you have a great rest of your day ! I'll text you when I wake up to see if you're still awake ! (moon grin)(moon grin) Good night! (please!)(oops)

• 和訳をお願い致します。

That's ok ... I'm just happy that I can see you again. I can come to the exit of the JR station. If you take central exit, I'll wait for you there. And I will be in my hotel room before that so you can just use normal email. My room number is Can't wait to see you ...

• 翻訳お願いします。

戦争に対しての詩なのですが、翻訳お願いします。 Could we forbear disputes: And practice Love; we Should agree as Angels do above. Weak tho we are, to Love is no hard task: and Love for Love is all that Heaven doth ask. I go to sleep before you but we shall wake together* Remember this and bear in mind a constant friend is hard to find. NO SPRING TILL WHEN** Emily Lucille is my name and England is my nation. Oxford is my dwelling place: a place of habitation. When I am dead and laid in grave & all my bones are rotten: when this you see: Remember me tho I was quite forgotten.

• 詩を訳してください!

こんにちは。ドイツ人の友人(ミュージシャン志望)が作った曲の歌詞の一部です。 単語は調べたものの、恥ずかしながら詩となると直訳では意味がわからず、想像力も必要ですね、、、。何卒よろしくお願いします。 「Smilling like the sun tell me where you're gone? I’m always missing you Noone did look back to see where you are fallen and to help you up from earth. And you... You saw no path to run you found no rock to hide and noone who did fight for you and me」 以上、送られた詩の通りです。去ってしまった恋人を想う詩かなって感じますが、、、。

• 翻訳希望

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか? 2つの文節となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 The soul may discover your sexual secrets from the past.. Much later in life or at the end of the love, there will be secrets kept from others about a child, or Fertility, a childbirth the past. A Hospital or place of confinement like a boarding school or Convent. There are things that will never be known. VI. You may wonder is happening in your soul mates life in the time before you meet him, what joys and what sorrows will he bring with him from his past into this relationship. What obstacles may have to be overcome before your love is complete and you are united as one soul.

• 詩の翻訳をお願いしたいのですが…

ドイツ人の彼が送ってくれた詩です。 遠距離で会えないからさみしいという内容のメッセージを送ったら、 こんな詩を送ってくれました。 詩なので少し文の構造が独特で、直訳の大体の意味はわかるのですが、 せっかく彼が送ってくれた詩なのでちゃんとたきれいな意味を 知りたいと思い、相談させていただきました。 どうかよろしくお願いします。 WORDS "Words and lines I´m here to send send them up just straight to you - may they stand for lovely times may they touch as only words can do "

• 翻訳お願いします

Yes I got your funds and I see you did not send as a gift so they took out $4.00 for the fees, I will add that on to your shipping cost when I am ready to ship to you. I have ordered your SAIK host ! and you have been entered into the work log Man that is one heck of an address I am bit confused as I have not seen one like it before, I'll ask about it just before I'm ready to ship. Have a good day SAIK host=ライトの名前です。

• 詩を和訳してください!

アルフレッド・エドワード・ハウスマンというひとの 詩ですが、詩なだけに、イマイチ理解できません。 わかりやすい和訳になおしてもらえますでしょうか? AS THROUGH THE WILD GREEN HILLS OF WYRE As through the wild green hills of Wyre The train ran , changing sky and shire, And far behind, fading crest, Low in the forsaken west Sank in the high-reared head of Clee, My hand lay enpty on my knee. Aching on my knee it lay: That morning half a shire away So many an honest fellow's fist Hand well-nigh wrung it from the wrist. Hand, said I, since now we part From fields and men we know by heart, For strangers' faces, strangers lands,--- Hand,you have held true fellows' hands, Be clean then;rot before you do A thing they'd not believe of you. You and I must keep from shame In London streets the Shropshire name; Severn breeds worse men than they; And friends abroad must bear in mind Friends at home they leave behind. Oh, I shall be stiff and cold When I forget you, hearts of gold; The land where I shall mind you not Is the land where all's forgot. And if my foot returns no more To Teme nor Corve nor Severn shore, Luck,my lads,be with you still By falling stream and standing hill, By chiming tower and whispering tree, Men that made a man of me. About your work in town and farm Still you'll keep my heand from harm, Still you'll help me,hands that grave A grasp to friend me to the grave.