Can the People in Japan Speak English?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • I convinced myself that people in Japan could speak English.
  • If they couldn't, I was planning on teaching it on them so that I wouldn't have to learn Japanese.
  • Almost immediately upon my arrival on that cold, wet July day, I realized, when nobody spoke English, that learning Japanese might be a good idea. In spite of what I understood logically, I made very little if any effort to do so. On one level, I wanted to be included in the culture, but on another, I felt comfortable remaining outside it. I was also convinced that it would be almost impossible for me to learn Japanese.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳お願いします

長文でごめんなさい。 和訳お願いします。 I convinced myself that people in Japan could speak English. If they couldn't, I was planning on teaching it on them so that I wouldn't have to learn Japanese. Almost immediately upon my arrival on that cold, wet July day, I realized, when nobody spoke English, that learning Japanese might be a good idea. In spite of what I understood logically, I made very little if any effort to do so. On one level, I wanted to be included in the culture, but on another, I felt comfortable remaining outside it. I was also convinced that it would be almost impossible for me to learn Japanese.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

てっきり私は、日本の人達って英語を話せるものだと思ってた。 仮に話せなくても、私が英語を教えてあげればいいんだ。そうすれば日本語を勉強しなくて済むし。 冷え込んでジメッとした7月のある日、日本へ到着するや否や、現実に直面した。誰も英語なんか話してない。日本語を学ぶのも乙なものかもしれないと。 そう理屈では納得したものの、何に一つ準備すらして来なかった。 また一方では、日本文化にどっぷりと浸かってみたいとも考えていた。その一方で、そこに組しない選択もまた快適だろうなとも思っていた。 更には自分が日本語を習得するなど、不可能に近いだろうとも認識していた。

その他の回答 (1)

• ddeana
  • ベストアンサー率74% (2976/4019)
回答No.2

私は日本の人達が英語を話せるものと独り合点していました。 もし話せなければ、私が彼らに教えるつもりでいました。そうすれば私が日本語を学ぶ必要がなかったからです。 冷たく、雨降りの7月のとある日に到着するや否な、私は誰も英語を話さないときは、日本語を学ぶことが良い考えであろうと実感しました。 論理的に何を理解するかにかかわらず、そうした努力をしたとしても私はほとんど進化しませんでした。 あるレベルでは、文化の中に加わりたくなり、しかし別のレベルでは、外側にいることを心地よく感じました。 私はまた、日本語を学ぶことは自分にとってほとんど不可能なことだろうと確信していました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳してください。

英語に詳しい方、翻訳機を使わずに和訳してください。 細かい部分がよく理解できません。 I trying to convince her that she didn't need to ask me for everything, that I wasn't always right about everything, that she should speak up and stand up for herself and argue with me when I had the wrong idea... but she just didn't want to learn. Deep down inside, I discovered, she was the sort of woman who wanted a strong man to dominate her, whom she could lean on and rely on for anything she needed. She wanted to feel safe and taken care of. I don't think that's a bad thing on its own... but over those years I started to become a man I don't want to be: arrogant, controlling, overconfident. Like I couldn't help but enjoy all that power she was always giving me. But I don't want to be that man. And I don't want to live that relationship. I *have* to be able to grow, to learn, to always be taking life as a new lesson, but how can I do that if I'm never wrong about anything? It was too tempting, and it made me a darker person. So, though I loved her very much and it tore my heart to do it, I had to end our relationship. I was not the man she was looking for, even though she wanted me to be. And she was not the woman I have been looking for, even though I desperately loved her beauty and inner light

• 和訳お願いします。

In operating the electric pen,I got my current from a Bunsen battery consisting of two glass jars, capped at the top and controlled by a plunger with which I lowered the plates into the acid solution or drew them up when the pen was not in use.Thus the life of the battery was prolonged. The pen had a needlelike point which darted in and out of the writing end so rapidly that the eye could hardly detect it. This was operated by a miniature clectric motor small enough to be attached to the upper end of the pen.The shaft containing the needle was given its motion by cams on the rotating engine shaft so that when the current was turned on,and I wrote with the pen,holding it in a vertical position, it made innumerable tiny punctures on the sheet of paper,tracing the words that comprised the letter. After the master copy of the stencil had thus been made, I took it to the 'press',where it had to be spanned in a frame before the copies could be made.A plain sheet of paper was placed on the press,the stencil was laid on top and an ink roller passed over it. The impression of the handwriting was marked on the under sheet by the ink through the holes made by the needle.It was said that 5,000 copies could be made from a single stencil.

• 和訳

以下の文は正しいのでしょうか? 意味もいまいち分かりません。(特にso as not to be able to hate itの部分が。。) 訳していただけると助かります。 There is the person whom I was able to come to like so as not to be able to hate it even if betrayed.

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳お願いします im on 10:00A.m. in the morning to 2:00A.m. the next day in the morning ill stay on facebook so that would be 2:00p.m. to 6:00a.m. in japan. im on spring vacation so i can stay up as long as i wont.

• 和訳お願いいたします。

I didn't run for a very long time because of the cold weather ... so it was very tough, but I'm so happy I ran 10km. Hahaha ... I'm glad your father likes the chocolates. And your mother? Maybe she likes the pancakes more? 1 week ago we had to say goodbye ... it was a very sad moment and made me realize that you mean so much for me. And in house everywhere I look I need to think back when you were here. But in 2 weeks we will be together again and this time for longer time. It will be so nice to see your beautiful smile again ... your beautiful eyes ... it will be so nice to be with you. Thank you for suggesting such a good location. I didn't realize it was so convenient for me. Are you sure it's not too far for you? 1 hour seems to be a long time. I feel a little bit guilty because you will be working and I will be on holiday. I wish I could help you ...

• 英語の和訳

1:He looked a little too pleased with his success. 2:It was disappointing that so few people showed up. 3:I am convinced that hewill pass the entrance examination. 4:There was a road leading to the town on the other side of the river. 5:This is an important notice. The people concerned should study it carefully. 訳をお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? **When you start a sentence with "so," it's like it connects it to the previous sentence. For example. The man was hungry. So, he decided to go buy a burrito. In this case it's like it's filling in for "because of this." "Let me see what I can do," and "I translated my message into Japanese" don't seem to connect in quite the same way. If you wanted to use "so", you could say- I'd like to help you as well. So, I'll translate my message into Japanese. Another way you could think of it is if the two sentences COULD connect naturally with only a comma you can use "so." You can write- I'd like to help you as well, so I will translate my message into Japanese. You can't write- Let me see what I can do, so I will translate my message into Japanese. Hope this helps, let me know if I'm writing too many notes here!

• 和訳をお願いします。長いです‥

和訳をお願いします。長いです‥ When we met it was so nice, but it's not the time we spend together that was like a dream ... it's you ... you are a dream ... and when I think of you or when I look at your picture ... it gives me a happy feeling, but also such an empty feeling, because we're so far apart and I don't know when we can meet again. If it's possible for us to meet again I will make it happen ... it doesn't matter if I need to travel to Japan ... go to the US ... I'll even fly to the moon just to meet you ... But if we can choose ... maybe we should choose a place that not so warm as Osaka in summer :) On my flight back I indeed got a very nice view of Fuji-san ... I'm sorry that the photo doesn't show how nice it really was. Did you go half way? It must really be nice! Actually do you want to go all the way to the top? Yes let's do that ... you and I, together we can walk all the way to top of mount Fuji and enjoy the view ... But we have to wait till July or August next year ... Do you know I followed a mountain climbing course and I climbed some summits in the Alps (Austria, close to the Italian border). And I also climbed Mount Meru (4566 meters) in Tanzania ... that's the mountain next to the Kilimanjaro (the highest mountain of Africa). So I was on the top of Mount Meru during sunrise. Only Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru were above the clouds and then ... the sun was rising from behind the Kilimanjaro ... soooo nice ... I got tears in my eyes. ... next time we meet or the time after that or after that ... I'll try to make it special for you ... so that you can say it was like a dream ... just like you are special for me and I can say you are like a dream for me ...

• 和訳してくださいませんか。

構文の構造がわかりません “If the weather was that bad, so bad that it was impassable or he would have to deviate so extensively he would reach his ‘minimum fuel limit’ then he would have to decide on whether to turn back. To turn back is tantamount to career suicide to some pilots in some cultures,” this pilot said. http://thediplomat.com/2015/01/management-culture-and-airline-tragedies/

• 教科書の和訳・・・

下の文なのですが、何回訳してもへんな訳にしかできずすごく困っています…どなたか教えていただけませんか? "I work up just as the boot was coming back up and all I could hear was water pouring in," Jesse recalls. Everything inside the boat was floating in the water. "It all happened so quickly that there wasn’t time to be frightened."