• ベストアンサー

ガートルードスタイン

"A very important thing is not to make up your mind that you are any one thing." Gertrude Stein (quoted in Ostriker) 上記の文章の意味、もしくは翻訳が載っている刊行物を知りたいと思います。ご存知の方おられましたら教えて頂けると助かります!よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • litsa1234
  • ベストアンサー率28% (230/795)
回答No.1

「大事なことはね、自分には一つのことしか出来ないという風に決めつけないことなのよ。」(スタイン女史) 以上、参考まで。

関連するQ&A

• どうか翻訳お願いします

> first of all yukio > > i need your promise keep(no angray.no sad ,no hate)do not say that to me > when you know it please ok? > > but it think many times to say not now it is not good time now it is better > later when it is good time . > > when you are cool in that day and happy then it is okey to say it. > > so in that day which it is*(soon soon soon very soon) in that day i want you > be like this: > > 1)be sure that ************************ > there was some one his name (kain)he really consider you everything for > him > > he was not play . he is not sly as you said before > > he always remeber your thing and mention your name every minutes > > he trust you more than you think.he is not sly.he wants best for you. > > > 2) > > be cool be happy always do not be sad > > trust that he will do any thing make you happy any thing > > he will be there when you need any help from him > > > he will be glad very much when he can make something for you make you happy. > > > > 3) > i want do something for you that let you happy person in this life > > so yukio please i ask this: > > when you are sad or need something i will be glad to help you > > > do not refuse it,,,,,,,,it will be there any time any where. > > okey?are you agree with all this it is waiting your answer. -------------------------------------- 急ぎの為、翻訳をどうかお願いいたします。 きちんとポイントはおだしします。 よろしくお願いいたします

• thatの使い方

お世話になっております。 以下の文についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 「私はあなたの発音が理解できなかったことが重要であると思った」 を英語にしました。 I thought that I could not catch your pronunciation was very important. 「こと」をthatにしましたがあっていますでしょうか? 正しい文をお教え頂ければ幸いです。 どうぞ宜しくお願い申し上げます。

• 九州大学の英語(2011年)

下記の英文は九州大学で出題された一節です。 The other thing I learned was that at a critical moment my parents would not risk themselves in any important way to save me.の in any important wayの意味・訳し方が分かりません。 ご教授宜しくお願いします。

• 文法の説明

By keeping that end clearly in mind, you can make certain that whatever you do on any particular day does not violate the criteria you have defined as supremely important, and that each day of your life contributes in a meaningful way to the vision you have of your life as a whole. 頭にはっきり目的を保つすることで, どんな特別な日でも行うことが何であれ あなたが最高に重要と定義した基準に反さない そして あなたの生活のそれぞれの日が 意味ある形で 全体としての生活の あなたが持つ ビジョンに 貢献する という 確信を あなたは得ることができる. 自分なりに直訳してみました。 この important は形容詞? 最後の部分の of your life と as a whole は vision にかかる前置詞句として捉えるのでしょうか? 直訳に間違いがあればお願いします。 また、分かり易い意訳が思い付きましたら併せてお願いします。

• 関係代名詞thatとwhatの違いを教えてください

What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? という文章なのですがwhatではなくthatがなぜ使われているのでしょうか? あとone thingは必要ないのでしょうか?

• この英文が分かりません(*´ェ`*)

Prince or Princess Charming has not yet ridden over the hill top carrying a huge bag of money, and that's not likely to happen any time soon. You are just going to have to pick up your bootstraps and rescue yourself. That may not be the easiest thing, but you are your own best hero. 占いなのですが。 文章の構造も分かりません。 単語も分かりません。 教えてください。 お願致します。

• 英作について

このトピックについての題材を教えてください。 Imagine you are 80 years old. You are looking at old photos from the past on your computer. There are 3 photos that you decide to print because they represent the 3 most important times in your life. Describe those photos. Explain why they are important. [Remember that some of these photos may represent something that has not yet happened in your life.] 何を書いていいのかさっぱりわかりません。 アイデアを教えていただけると幸いです。

• 今日の星占い英文の翻訳をお願いします

Your people are more important than ever today -- and you need to make sure that they know it! Gather them up and take them out somewhere fun, and tell each one what they mean to you.

• oneについて

Well, teaching children not to be nuisance to others is one important thing. 上記の英文のoneについてなんですが、oneがくると次にofがくる、それで上記の英文も重要なことの一つという感じでofが必要だと思うのですが? one important thingで形容詞+形容詞+名詞で一つの重要な事と考えるべきなんですか? 教えて下さいよろしくお願いします。

• 英文の添削をお願いします!

・It is very important to cooperate on a recycle campain to protect evironment. ・We should start thing that we can do even if it is small things.That is one step for improvement of environment. この2つを確認したいんですけど、文法的など、おかしいところがあったら教えてください。おねがいします!