• ベストアンサー

英訳と解説お願いします。

Otherwise, I become lost and confused, and things come up that I should have known about but was thinking were way way off; この文章の、but was thinking were way way off;がわかりません。 まず、but は何と何の逆接なのでしょうか? but以降のwas thinking were way way offに至ってはもはや呪文にしか見えません。

• ghfjri
  • お礼率92% (372/403)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

まず、but は何と何の逆接なのでしょうか? →この文は文法的に崩れていると思います。ですが、意味はだいたいとれます。 things come up but were way offがその骨組みかと思います。 物事は話題に上る・やってくる・述べられるが、(正解とか理解とかからは)ほど遠いーーという感じの逆接だと思います。 but以降のwas thinking were way way offに至ってはもはや呪文にしか見えません。 →way offを強調して重ねてway way offと言っています。ですから、way offだけで考えても同じです。 was thinkingの主語はIで、これが挿入されていると思います。 things come up that I should have known about but (I was thinking) were way off. と考えます。I was thinkingは挿入ですから取ってしまえば、先ほど言ったような. . . but (things) were way off.となります。物事はway offだ、つまり(正解とか理解とかからは)ほど遠いという意味だと思います。 ご質問の箇所を的確に解説しようとつとめましたが、以上でいかがでしょうか?

ghfjri
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 先行詞と関係代名詞が離れていることはわかっていたのですが、but以下が全く理解できていませんでした。 おかげ様でよくわかりました。 ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

• shingo5k
  • ベストアンサー率33% (123/366)
回答No.3

Otherwise, そのような話ではなくて、 I become lost and confused, 私は放心状態で混乱した状態になります。 and things come up そして色々な事柄が頭に浮かびます。 that I should have known about 即ち知っておくべきだったが but was thinking were way way off; そうせずに事実と全く違っていると考えていた事柄です 1)構造 関係代名詞that の先行詞はthings です。 この関係代名詞節の中には2つの文が有りway off まで続きます。 第一の文ではabout の目的語がthat です 第二の文ではthink の目的語(かつwere way way off の主語)がthatです。 2) >>but は何と何の逆接なのでしょうか? 真実を知っておくべきだったが、そうではないと考えていたので逆接です。

ghfjri
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

回答No.2

"things come up that I should have known about but was thinking were way way off" →「私が知っているはずではあったが、遠い遠い先のことだと考えていた事がやってくる」 "things"→主語 "come up"→動詞 "that I should have known about but was thinking were way way off"→thingsを修飾するthat節 that節が"thing"の直後に置かれていないのはその節が長すぎてバランスが悪い事が理由。 並び替えれば「things -- that I should have known about but was thinking were way way off -- come up」 その上で、次に名詞句「things that I should have known about but was thinking were way way off」を見ます。 これを文で表すと 「I should have known about "things" but (I) was thinking "things" were way way off.」 →「私は"things"について知っているはずであったが、"things"は遠い遠い先のことであると考えていた。」(「was thinking」 の主語「I」が省略されているのはその前の「should have known」の主語と同一であるから) この2つの"things"は同じものを指すので、1つの先行詞として前に持っていくと 「things that I should have known about but was thinking were way way off」となります。 この場合"off"は離れている状態を表す形容詞で、時間的に離れていることを表現しているのだと思います。"way"は程度の大きさを表す副詞です(強調のために反復されています)

ghfjri
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 大変詳しくて勉強になりました。

関連するQ&A

• 至急英訳お願いします><

Look good though. Aulani was nice to see for its Christmas decorations but I got lost in downtown here last week and it was even better. I hear at the Sheraton and Hilton here they have built some giant gingerbread that you have to see. If I can get some time off, I'll go down there and snap a few photos of them. Hope life is treating you well. よろしくお願いします

• 英訳 添削

英訳したので添削してください。 クラスのある人がいじめられていた。 私は見て見ぬふりをしていた。 だか、私の友達はいじめられていた人を助けようとしていた。 もし、助けて次にいじめの標的にされるかもしれないというのに。 結局、いじめはなくなり、その友達もいじめられることはなかった。 私はその友達はとても勇気があるなと思った。 私もこのように勇気のある人になりたいと思いました。 It was hard on people with a class. I turned a blind eye. However, my friend tried to help the person on whom it was hard. It is said that it may help and then may be made the target of bullying. After all, bullying was lost and it was not hard on the friend. I regarded the friend as not courageous at all. I thought that I would also like to become those who are courageous in this way.

• 解説お願いします。

解説をお願いします。 Although the world was known by educated people to be a sphere,nobody had been all the way around it, and in Columbus's time nobody knew how big it was. 上記ですが、「nobody had been all the way around it」の部分の構造が分かりません。 ●nobody(S) had been(V) all the way(副) around it(副).  all the way=はるばる と本には書いてありましたが、be動詞の訳はどうしたら良いでしょうか? お願いします。

• lost his way

I thought my husband and I had a great marriage -- until I looked on his phone and found text messages to another woman. I was crushed. I asked him about it, and he said that it was nothing and that there were only a few messages. When I checked our cellphone details, I was completely devastated to find that it had been going on for almost a year and there were almost 2,000 text messages during the past six months. When I talked to him about this and all the lies he had told me, he said he had lost his way and he was sorry and didn't want to lose me. lost his wayはここではどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英訳お願いします。

(12)“Ahem ! ahem ! ” he said, and everybody listened except the the poor Catherine Wheel, who was still shaking her head, and murmuring, “Romance is dead.” (13)“Order ! order !” cried out a Cracker. He was something of a politician, and had always taken a prominent part in the local elections, so he knew the proper Parliamentary expressions to use. (14)“Quite dead.” whispered the Catherine Wheel, and she went off to sleep. (15)As soon as there was perfect silence, the Rocket coughed a third time and began. He spoke with a very slow, distinct voice, as if he were dictating his memoirs, and always looked over the shoulder of the person to whom he was talking . In fact, he had a most distinguished manner. (16)“How fortunate it is for the King's son,” he remarked, “that he is to be married on the very day on which I am to be let off. Really, if it had been arranged beforehand, it could not have turned out better for him; but Princes are always lucky.” (17)“Dear me !” said the little Squib, “I thought it was quite the other way, and that we were to be let off in the Prince's honour.” (18)“It may be so with you,” he answered; “inded, I have no doubt that it is, but with me it is different. I am a very remarkable Rocket, and come of remarkable parents. My mother was the most celebrated Catherine Wheel of her day, and was renowned for her graceful dancing. When she made her great public appearance she spun round nineteen times before she went out, and each time that she did so she threw into the air seven pink stars.

• 私の英訳、適切でしょうか?

(1)誰も彼らの考え方を変えることはできない。 (2)でもあなたの印象を良くしていくことはできると思う。 (3)それはきっと俺がすべきことだと思う。 これを私は (1)Nobady can change there way of thinking. (2)But I think it can make better that your impression. (3)I should do it for you that make better impression. と英語にしましたが、適切に訳せているか不安です。 ご意見をお聞かせ願えればと思います。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳お願いします

どなたか英訳お願いいたします。 I can actually fully understand the second one too! But am I right in thinking that the way you wrote it would be closer to "where is my wallet?" than "I'm looking for my wallet"?

• 英訳が分かりません。

Now and then clean the hair unit in desolvit.I also have another product but need to get the name that works way better then desolvit and way cheaper. 上記に英訳が分かりません。 分かる方がおりましたら回答くださるとありがたいです。

• 訳をみてください。とてもわかりづらいです!

訳を見てください。とてもわかりづらいです。ちなみに男友達の話をしていたのですが、、、、 Now i lost my friend thinking he was she but i think was a mistake now my friend think horrible things about me, it was only my fault and she delete me to all messenger i think, and facebook and i think she will delete me to her space. im soo stupid 私は友達をなくしたと思った、、、、、、、、でも私は間違いを犯した、彼女はめッセンジャーやFecabookから私を消した わかりません

• 英訳の分からないところお願いします。

Victoria was not content with her body and this was to become a problem as she got older. She now says that it was Geri's obsession with dieting when she joined the Spice Girls that tipped her over the edge, but her entirely false self-perception that she was too fat date back a long way. ビクトリアは自分の体に満足していなかったので年を経てこれは問題となった。 彼女は言うには、Geriがダイエットにやみつきになったのはスパイスガールズのメンバーになったとき・・・・・・ *”was to” は英語のバイオグラフィーに良く出てきますが、これはどういう風に訳されますか? あと、”tip”ってどういう意味でしょうか。