• ベストアンサー

訳を教えてください。ラーメンの記事から。

以下の一行はどういう意味ですか? I've always resented sending a chopstick to do a fork's job. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/the-greats-of-broth-a-bowl-of-ramen-is-the-ultimate-fast-food-7939606.html よろしくお願いします。

• engg
  • お礼率90% (926/1022)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

#2です。お礼、有り難うございます。     僕は生まれてから最初に使った食事の道具が、箸で、それ以外のものは不器用な外国の人が使うもの(すなわち、 箸 > フォーク)と考えていました。     この文を読んで、その逆(すなわち 文化の華がフォーク > 箸は貧乏な異民族が使う不便な道具)と言う見方の人に会った訳で、頭の調整に、少しですが時間がかかりました。

engg
質問者

お礼

なるほど。フォークという野蛮な道具をいまだに使い、エレガントに物を喰えない気の毒な人々と私も思ってましたが、難しい技術を必要としないという意味では進んだ道具と言えるのかもしれませんね。 イギリス人らしい考え方ですね(ってイギリス人をよく知ってるわけではないですが。^^)ひょっとしたら英国風ひねりで、わざとフォークを上に持ってきた表現をしたのかも?なんて。 示唆に富むご解説をありがとうございます!

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

これ間違っているかも知れませんが、下記のように never send X to do Y 「Y(の仕事)をするのにXを送るな」という決まり文句のもじりではないかと思います。     http://www.fandango.com/therockfordfiles:neversendaboykingtodoamansjobpart1_v428783/plotsummary     これは X < Y と言うべきでしょうか、 X が Y よりも劣る場合に使います。例えば「大人の仕事をするのに子どもを遣るな」などと使います。      でこの著者の頭には 箸は、フォークに及ばない、という不等式(箸 < フォーク)があるのではないかと思いました。      「(正式の食事に使うべき)フォークの代わりに(フォークに遠く及ばない力不足の)箸をくださいと頼む(ラーメン屋の習慣)を、私はかねがね苦々しく思っていた」と言う意味なのではないでしょうか。

engg
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます! 新しい決まり文句も教えてくださって、大変参考になりました。

• ddeana
  • ベストアンサー率74% (2976/4019)
回答No.1

私はいつもフォークの代わりに箸を使うことにイライラしてました。

engg
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 重文は文型はどこに影響をうけますか?

A bird flies and a dog eats a bowl of dog food. A bird(S) flies(V) and a dog(S) eats(V) a bowl of dog food(O). 文法があってるかわかりませんが、この文の場合 前半がSV and以降がSVOこの場合文系は 第1文型ですか?第3文型ですか? これは混文ですよね? 同様に A bird(S) flies(V) when a dog(S) eats(V) a bowl of dog food(O). このケースは複文なので、主節が優先されてSVの第一文型ですか?

• 訳が分かりません

訳がわからないので、教えて頂けましたら助かります。 The main reason for this use of informal language in workplace e-mail is that a lot of young people have always communicated with others on the Internet一especially using e-mail一in a relaxed and friendly manner. For many, online communication outside of work involves talking with others in chat rooms, posting on message boards, and sending e-mail to friends一all for fun. 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 日本語訳はこれでよろしいですか。

英語の教科書の日本語訳はこれでよろしいですか。 The Scots have always been a proud and independent people, and everywhere in Scotland one will see the Scottish flag flying, a white cross on a blue background. Many Scots would like to make Edinburgh, one of the most elegant cities in Europe, the capital of an independent Scotland. In the 1992 general election, 21.5 per cent of Scots voted for the Scottish National party, which wants Scotland to be completely independent. スコットランド人は、いつも誇り高く独立した民族で、青い背景に白い十字のスコットランドの旗は、あらゆるところで見ることが出来る。多くのスコットランド人は、独立したスコットランドの首都でもあり、ヨーロッパの中でも最も上品な都市の1つでもあるエディンバラを構成したいと思っている。1992年の総選挙には、スコットランド人が投票したうち、21.5%の人々が完全に独立したいと思っている。

• 英文の日本語訳をお願いしたいです

Search the Web to find complete details about the Healthy Eating Pyramid. Make a list of the food types and features of the USDA Food Pyramid and Healthy Eating Pyramid and compare them item by item. What are the similarities? What are the significant differences? Do you find that your lifestyle conforms with either of them? 以上の文を訳したいと思っていますが英語が得意では無いので困っています。どうぞよろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英語 の質問です。

1.Is better when the food bowl have the same hight how is neck ! Like a food Station you need 2.Not to start an argument but there's a fairly recent study that suggests that raised food bowls are not necessary to prevent bloat! My girl will only eat out of a bowl if its on the floor- she would fling everything out of a raised bowl onto the floor and then eat it! 3.Ours eats like a giraffe drinks - legs akimbo :))) この3つの文を日本語に訳していただけませんか?よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 添削してください

This movie is a story that a husband dead and a wife alone goes to a ramen shop. この映画は、夫がなくなり女性一人でラーメン屋を営んでいくという物語だ。 It it an extremely simple success story that an unpleasant ramen shop is reborn as a popular ramen shop that can be represented in a queue. 不味いラーメン屋が、行列のできる人気ラーメン屋に生まれ変わっていくという、極めて単純なサクセスストーリーに過ぎない。 It seems that while sipping the noodle of the leading role, little by little to eat the equipment of ramen. 食べ物に関して取り上げ、ショートショートの形式でいくつものエピソードを本編に挿入しています。主役の麺をすすりつつ、同じスープにつかったそれぞれの具をちょいちょいつまむラーメンのような味わい方。 The wonderful image that cuts various aspects of food sticking and the importance of food from various perspectives makes me realize the importance of "food" again. 様々な人物が持つ食へのこだわり、食の大切さを様々な視点から切り取っていく映像のすばらしさは、「食」の重要性を改めて認識させてくれる。 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

大事なメールが届いたのですが、英語のため理解できませんでした。 よろしければどなたか日本語訳をお願い致します。 We found that your app only provides a very limited set of features. It does not provide e-Book functionality such as bookmark and other appropriate features. While we value simplicity, we consider simplicity to be uncomplicated - not limited in features and functionality. We understand that there are no hard and fast rules to define useful or entertaining, but Apple and Apple customers expect apps to provide a really great user experience. Apps should provide valuable utility or entertainment, draw people in with by offering compelling capabilities or content, or enable people to do something they couldn't do before or in a way they couldn't do it before. We encourage you to review your app concept and evaluate whether you can incorporate additional content and features to be in compliance with the Guidelines. For information on the basics of creating great apps, watch the video The Ingredients of Great Apps.If you feel we didn't understand the features of your app, or that we missed key functionality, and your app was incorrectly rejected, you may appeal to the App Review Board.

• 下の英文の日本語訳を教えて頂きたいです。

下の英文の日本語訳を教えて頂きたいです。 課題の一部なのですが、どうしてもうまく 訳せなくて; 申し訳ないですが、教えてください! Besides offering features common to newspapers all over the world, British newspapers specialize in a woman's page in which the writers deal with fashion, food, household appliances, the bringing-up of children, etc.

• ワンセンテンスだけ教えてください。

A few weeks ago, I met a former student who is now a salesman. He travels all over Tokyo to meet clients. I asked him how he survived such a tiring job running all over the city every day. He admitted it was tough, but he said his job was made easy, in fact a pleasure, because of one thing: the Ramen Database. The great achievement of the Ramen Database is to map the entire country -- for ramen! Every noodle shop in the entire country is on there. Because I am also a fanatic about ramen, when my student told me he used the site almost every day, I felt like I had found a brother. I also felt jealous he gets to eat more ramen than I do. We both appreciated how fantastic it is to know the entire length of Japan is mapped for one of our favorite experiences. この最後の文だけ意味が正確につかめません。 it はto以下を表し、それが素晴らしいということだと思います。 「私たちは二人とも高く評価した、日本全体が・・・・・のためマッピングされていると知ってすばらしいと」 ・・・・の部分もうまく訳せません。 どなたか解説をお願いします。

• 訳でわからないところがあるのですが、教えてください

BBCの学習者向けの英語サイト http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/newsenglish/witn/2007/11/071116_eurostar.shtml の4つ目のパラグラフの But much of the excitement here has focused not on the fast links to Europe but on the lovingly refurbished Victorian train-shed - a jewel from the age of steam - now sporting what claims to be the longest champagne bar in Europe, and it sits under what was when built the largest single span roof in the world. で、 1 now sporting what claims to be... 2 what was when built the largest single span roof の部分がわかりません。 1 は「愛情こめて修復されたビクトリア駅(蒸気機関車時代から宝石のように大切にされてきた駅)」に続くものだと思うのですが、sporting もwhat claimsもつながりがどうなっているのかわかりません。 2も文の構造がよくわからないので、訳すことができません。 どうかよろしくお願いいたします。