• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:英文の和訳をお願いします(..))

Japanese Researchers Continue to Receive Ig Nobel Awards

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Japanese researchers have received the Ig Nobel awards for five consecutive years, making a total of 15 prizes in the 21-year history of the awards.
  • One of Japan's most famous winners, Daisuke Inoue, received an Ig Nobel Peace Prize for inventing karaoke and gave a memorable acceptance speech by singing a popular song.
  • The Ig Nobel awards, which playfully celebrate unusual or trivial achievements in scientific research, have gained international recognition.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9744/12129)
回答No.1

“Ignoble” — a word obviously chosen for its resemblance to Nobel — is defined in the dictionary as “ 1) completely lacking nobility in character or quality or purpose” and “ 2) of humble birth or origins.” ⇒“Ignoble”(下等な) ―明らかにノーベルとの類似点のゆえに選ばれた言葉 ー は、辞書では次のように定義されている。「1)性格、資質ないし目的において高貴さが完全に欠けている」、そして、2)「誕生ないし起源の卑賎な」と。 With this year’s award, Japanese researchers have received “Igs” for five straight years. In the entire 21-year history of the Ig Nobel awards, Japanese have taken 15 prizes. ⇒今年の賞で、日本人研究者は連続5年間「イグ賞」を受けている。イグ・ノーベル賞の21年間の歴史全体で、日本人は15の賞を取っている。 One of Japan’s most famous winners was Daisuke Inoue, the man credited with inventing karaoke, who traveled to Harvard to receive an Ig Nobel Peace Prize. Instead of a rambling acceptance speech, Inoue belted out the New Seekers’ 1971 hit “I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing” — earning him “the longest standing ovation the Ig Nobels had ever seen,” according to Abrahams. ⇒日本の最も有名な受賞者のうちの1人は、カラオケを発明して称賛された井上だいすけであった。この人はイグ・ノーベル平和賞を受けるためにハーバードへ旅行した。受賞遊説の代りに、井上は1971年にヒットしたニュー・シーカーの「私は、世界に歌うことを教えたい」を大声で絶唱した。そしてアブラハムの言によれば、そのことが彼に「イグ・ノーベル賞がかつて見た中で最長のスタンディング・オベーション」をもたらした、のであった。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• ddeana
  • ベストアンサー率74% (2976/4019)
回答No.2

”イグノーベル”(※1)-明らかにノーベル賞に似ているからこそ選ばれた言葉-は、辞書には次のように定義されている。(1)性格または品質または目的で気高さが完全に不足するさま(2)低い身分の出生または起源のこと 今年の受賞で、日本人研究者は5年連続「イグノーベル」を受賞した。イグ・ノーベル賞21年の歴史の中で日本人は15の賞を取っている。 もっとも有名な日本人受賞者の1人は、カラオケの発明に対し高い評価を得てイグノーベル賞受賞の為にハーバードへやってきた井上大祐氏(※2)だった。だらだらと長いだけの受賞スピーチの代わりに、井上氏はニュー・シーカーズ(※3)の1971年のヒット曲「世界に歌うことを教えたい」(邦題:愛するハーモニー)を熱唱した。エイブラハムによると、彼はこれにより「イグノーベル史上最も長いスタンディング・オベーション」を得たのであった。 ※1:イグノーベルとは、ノーベル賞の設立者アルフレッド・ノーブルの姓に否定形の「ig」をつけることによって、この賞がノーベル財団によって授与されるものではないということを表すと同時に下品、下等などの意味のignobleを掛けたジョークなので、無理に日本語に訳さず、そのまま音だけを使うのが宜しいと思います。 ※2:人物については下記を参照のこと。 http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%BA%95%E4%B8%8A%E5%A4%A7%E4%BD%91 ※3:ザ・ニュー・シーカーズとも言いますが、1970年代に活躍した男女混合の音楽グループです。代表作のひとつが本文中にも出てくる「愛するハーモニー」(I'd Like To Tearch The World To Sing)で、コカコーラのCMソングに使われて世界中で大ヒットしました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳をお願いしますm(__)m

Since Hideki Yukawa in 1949, a total of 16 Japanese nationals have been named recipients of Nobel Prizes. In 2010, when the most recent Japanese winners were announced to receive p rizes for chemistry, NHK interrupted its scheduled programming with a nyuusu sokuho (breaking news) announcement. On Sept. 29, Shiga University associate professor Makoto Imai and six colleagues marched onto the stage at Harvard’s Sanders Theater to receive a so-called Ig Nobel Prize for chemistry. The award was bestowed in recognition of “determining the ideal density of airborne wasabi (pungent horseradish) to awaken sleeping people in case of a fire or other emergency, and for applying this knowledge to invent the wasabi alarm.” The Ig Nobel Prizes date back to 1991, when Marc Abrahams, editor of a Harvard-based publication, The Annals of Improbable Research, organized an event to bestow recognition on scientists, inventors and others whose sometimes outrageously wacky research efforts “first make people laugh, and then make them think.”

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

In 1992, the event’s second year, a team of researchers at the Shiseido Research Center in Yokohama were accorded the Ig Nobel Prize for Medicine for their pioneering research study “Elucidation of Chemical Compounds Responsible for Foot Malodour,” especially for their conclusion that people who think they have foot odor do, and those who don’t don’t. Their paper attracted notice after it was published in the British Journal of Dermatology in June 1990. Abrahams pointed out that “approximately 50 percent” of eventual Ig winners come to the selection committee’s attention from published scientific papers. “We are always looking,” he told The Japan Times. “And anyone can send in a nomination. In a typical year we receive something like 7,000 new nominations. Between 10 and 20 percent of those are people who nominate themselves. But they almost never win. Winning an Ig Nobel Prize seems to be a side-effect. If it’s your main goal, you are very unlikely to succeed.”

• イグノーベル賞についての英文の和訳

こんにちわ 皆様には様々な質問でいつもお世話になっております 今回は英文の和訳についての質問です 、「人々を笑わせ、そして考えさせてくれる研究」に対して与えられる賞であるイグノーベル賞についての次の英文を和訳していただきたいのです。 These prizes which are given out each year are a balance to the Nobel Prizes which have been awarded prizes which are given out each year are a balance to the Nobel Prizes which have been awarded every year since 1901 for achievements in physics, chemistry physiology or medicine literature and year since 1901 for achievements in physics, chemistry physiology or medicine literature and for peace. イグノーベル賞をノーベル賞に関連付けて説明している分だと思われますが、特にbalanceのいい訳しかたが思い浮かびません。皆様のお力をお貸しいただければ幸いです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかた のみでお願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の後半部分になります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He may have a love of children and will make an excellent father or step father. Jupiter tend to give greater wealth and prospects in the second half of his life than in the first so materially he should advance in life and have a good future ahead of him with regard to career and material things. This sign often gives a liking for mountains, Royal castles or palaces, parliament buildings and grand old cities In the long term his chart shows a tendency to move to a different area after the marriage.

• 和訳お願いします。

I started studying Japanese language in 1974, in a Tokyo university with many other foreign students. Although the tests and lessons were well-designed, I was soon quite frustrated and dissatisfied with my progress in that situation. Most of my classmates were also non-Japanese, so the dangerous tendency was to speak in English or French outside of classes. Except for the small number who wanted to "brush up their English," the normal Japanese students refused to associate with the illiterate foreigners. I soon found that I had gravitated to a small group of Koreans and Hawaiians, who agreed to speak only in Japanese. However, I felt that my Japanese was not likely to improve much without native speakers as models. I was depressed by the number of Americans concerned only with obtaining as much money, sex, marijuana, or media-coverage as they could obtain during their year in Japan, rather than really trying to appreciate the culture in which they were guests. So I began to look around for a more isolated university which would admit and teach Japanese to foreigners, but without the problems of Tokyo's "international set."

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

英文の和訳をお願いします。 1.By this time next year ,we will have been doing business with each other for 20 years. 2.Unless the civilization we now know is to end,satisfactory substitutes for conventional energy sources will have been discovered and put to use in time. 3.she said to me, "it's very kind of you to invite me to the party." =she told me that it was very kind of me to invite her to the party.

• 英文の和訳に困っています。皆さんお願いします。

英文の和訳に困っています。皆さんお願いします。 The number of Japanese living in Britain has been growing fast over the last 30 years or so. In 1970, fewer than 3,000 Japanese lived in Britain; now there are more than 60,000 which makes them the third largest group of Japanese living abroad ( after those living in the United States and Brazil ). A couple of thousand have officially settled in Britain, but most are living in Britain for work or to study, mainly in and around London. Scotland and south Wales are each home to about a thousand Japanese workers and their families; some also live in north-east England, where Nissan makes cars. 翻訳サイトを使わないで、翻訳していただけると助かります。

• 英文和訳お願いします

とあるアメリカのミュージシャンに、I am Japanese, so please come to Japan!とファンメールを 送ったら、次のように返事がありました。(わからないところだけ抜粋します) Thank you××(私の名前). We would love to go to Japan :-)Hopefully in the next year or so we will finally make it. いまいちわかりません。よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の和訳

英文による占いのメール文章です。 何となく誤植があるように思いますが、その箇所も含めて 教えていただけるとありがたいです。 和訳をお願いいたします。 Thankyou for your enquiry. In your chart you have Saturn in Aries conjunct the cusp of house of marriage. Saturn is the planet of parting and death. It suggest to me that when you meet he is alone. He will have been either widowed or separate from his wife, there is an orb of five degrees, so for approximately five months or five year before you met.

• 英文の和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 2つの段落と3つめの段落の前半部分となりますので、 内容が途中で終わる感じかもしれませんが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 People are only guided to consult me when they have entered the right era of their life to find the ultimate love. Most people meet within two to five years of the reading, but for many it is much sooner. Many are already on the threshold of meeting, or have met, when they write. I think that you will meet or else settle down with him between the Winter of the year 2017 and the Winter of 2018. Let me speak of time and karma, for when we make a prediction of time astrologically, a month or day or year of meeting, it is really only an estimate. Your soul travels through time at its own pace, The alchemy of experience, changes us. Events shape your life and transform your character.