• 締切済み

英文和訳 大学入試

We began this essay by looking at a 500-years-old call for a more civil society for a world in which respect for one another outweighs any differences in opinion or belief ? 構文がよくわからず訳せません。callの役割はなんでしょうか?関係代名詞? by looking at a 500-years-oldは挿入??

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

回答No.1

begin O by ~ing で「~することによって O を始める」 日本語的には「O を~すること から 始める」という感じです。 call は call for ~「~を(声をあげて)求める」を 名詞的に使っています。 call for ~で「~を求める要求」と考えてもいいです。 500-year old のはずで, for a more civil society, for a world ~と同格的にコンマがあるはず。 500-year old で形容詞的に「500歳の,500年にわたる」で call (for ~) にかかります。 私たちはこのエッセイを~を見ていくことから始めた。 → このエッセイを書くにあたって,最初に以下のことを見ていこう。 もっと市民的な社会,すなわち,お互いへの尊重が意見や信念のいかなる相違よりも優先されるような世の中 を求める500年にもわたる要求を(見ていく) 最後もクエスチョンマークじゃないですよね。

関連するQ&A

• 英文和訳

A suggestion was made by someone in my family that I should become a civil servant, and my uncle wrote to an old Oxford of his who held an important position in the Home Office for his advice.   the Home Office  =総務省 家族の誰かが、私は市の役人になるべきだという提案をした。叔父は総務相で重要な地位にいる古いオックスフォードの友人に、助言をもらうために手紙を書いた。 for his advice は 助言をもらうために と訳していいのでしょうか? wrote は自動詞としてつかわれてますよね? なかなか日本語っぽく訳せないのですが、なにかいい方法はありますか? 添削の方よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の和訳お願いします

和訳お願いします。 One summer's day in 1862, a young man and a pretty little girl got into a rowing boat on the River Thames. The man was Charles Dodgson, a professor of mathematics at Oxford University, and the pretty dark-haired girl was Alice Liddell, his friend's daughter. It was a very hot day and as he gently rowed the boat on the peace- ful river, his young companion began to get restless. "Tell me a story," she said, "with plenty of nonsense in it." So Dodgson began to invent a fantastic story to amuse his pretty young friend. "Alice was beginning to get very tired," he began, "sitting with nothing to do... Dodgson made Alice the central character of the story, and as he described her fantastic journey, little Alice Liddell listened atten- tively, smiled, laughed and cried. This was the beginning of a story that would captivate children throughout the world for the next hundred years. He called the story, "Alice's Adventures in Wonder land' and published it under the name of Lewis Carroll. In the winter of 1928, a little old lady entered Sotheby's, a fa mous auctioneer's in London. "Excuse me," she said, "I was told you accept manuscripts for auction. You see, I need some money, so I would like to sell thi old manuscript. "Yes, we do accept manuscripts," said the auctioneer, "but they have to be original and by famous authors. "This is an original manuscript, it was given to me many years ago by a friend of my family," replied the old lady, "I don't want to part with it, but I have to sell it." She handed him the manuscript. He opened it and read the hand- written inscription inside. "A Christmas gift to a dear child in memory of a Summer's day. The auctioneer stopped reading and looked up at the little old woman who was standing in front of him. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. You... you are Alice," he said slowly. "Yes," replied the old lady, "I am Alice." The manuscript was sold to an American collector for $77,000, and Alice lived comfortably until her death.

• 和訳お願いします

"What if planetariums could reproduce one million stars?" In 1998,at the International Planetarium Society conference in London,Ohira began his speech with these words. Until then,almost all projectors could only show about ten thousand stars. At the conference,Ohira introduced his unique planetarium projector,which reproduced one million stars. The name of it was Megastar. Ohira was only twenty-nine years old at the time. It was his first presentation in English. He spoke slowly but clearly. Everyone was surprised to see the great number of stars shown by Megastar and to know that Ohira had made it all by himself. After his presentation,the audience applauded wildly. お願いします。

• 英文和訳お願いいたします。

By 1915, the majority of German forces, except for those holding out at the strongholds of Mora and Garua had withdrawn to the mountainous interior of the colony surrounding the new capital at Jaunde. In the spring of that year German forces were still able to significantly stall or repulse assaults by Allied forces. A German force under the command of Captain von Crailsheim from Garua even went on the offensive, engaging the British during a failed raid into Nigeria at the Battle of Gurin. This surprisingly daring incursion into British territory prompted General Frederick Hugh Cunliffe to launch another attempt at taking the German fortresses at Garua at the Second Battle of Garua in June, resulting in a British victory. This action freed Allied units in northern Kamerun to push further into the interior of the colony. This push resulted in the Allied victory at the Battle of Ngaundere on 29 June. Cunliffe's advance south to Jaunde, however, was stalled by heavy rains, and his force instead participated in the continuing Siege of Mora. When the weather improved, British forces under Cunliffe moved further south, capturing a German fort at the Battle of Banjo in November and occupying a number of other towns by the end of the year. By December, the forces of Cunliffe and Dobell were in contact and ready to conduct an assault of Jaunde. In this year most of Neukamerun was occupied by Belgian and French troops, who also began to prepare for an assault on Jaunde.

• この英文の和訳お願いします。 難しいです。

I have chosen to begin this book with a description of the life of this one individual because he typifies what so many observers regard as the social "problem" of old age. In his case we would find it impossible to ignore the crucial facts of bereavement, absence of children and other relatives, infirmity, and virtual social ostracism. If we mean anything by isolation from society he must be the sort of person we keep in mind. But is he exception or rule? Are there many others like him in our society? Many sociologists and administrators believe there are. One administrator expressed it in these terms: Provision for old age has emerged as a "problem" largely because of the loosening of family ties and insistence on individual rights and privileges to the exclusion of obligations and duties which has developed so markedly in recent years. Whereas families used to accept responsibility for their old people they now expect the State to look after them. The care and attention which the family used to provide for them must be provided in some other way. The separation from kin is supposed to be one of the features which serves to differentiate the industrial from the so-called primitive societies. But do old people in Britain lose touch with their married children and lead an isolated life? Are the bonds of kinship of little or no consequence especially in urban areas? We have only to pose these questions to realize the meed for more facts. What few there are do not confirm many current suppositions. Sheldon, in a pioneering study, drew attention to the important part played by relatives of old people in Wolverhampton and said that too little was known about their role.

• 和訳

和訳例をお願いします。  Just look at today's magazines, TV shows, websites, self-help booksーand where we put our dollers. As a country, we make up about 4 percent of the world's total population, yet we use almost half of all the money spent on medical care. We should be pretty healthy.  Yet I have always been amazed at how poorly the US ranks in health when compared with other countries. When I began medical school in 1970 we stood at about 15th in what I call the Health Olympics, the ranking of countries by life expectancy or infant mortality. Twenty years later we were about 20th, and in recent years we have gone back to around 25th, behind almost all rich countries and a few poor ones. For the richest and most powerful country in the world's history, this is a disgrace.  Research during this last decade has shown that the health of a group of people is not affected considerably by individual aehaviors such as smoking, diet, and exercize, by genetics, or by the use of health care. In countries where basic goods are readily available, people's life span depends on the hierarchical structure of their society; that is, the size of the gap between rich and poor.  We can learn something by looking at countries that do well in the Health Olympics. In 1960 Japan stood 23rd, but by 1977 it had overtaken all the others in the health race. Today, at No.1, Japanese people have a life expectancy on average three and half years longer than Americans. Twice as many Japanese men as American men smoke, yet the deaths probably caused by smoking are half of ours. Why? After the Second World War, the hierarchical structure of Japan was reorganized so all citizens shared more equally in the economy. Today Japanese CEOs make 15 to 20 times what entry-level workers make, not the almost 500-fold difference in the US. During their recent economic crisis, CEOs and managers in Japan took cuts in pay rather than lay off workers. That the structure of society is key to health becomes evident when we look at Japanese who emigrate; their health declines to the level of the inhabitants of the new country. 以上になります。

• 英文の長文和訳で困っています 和訳を助けてください

英文の和訳で困っています。 和訳を教えていただきたいです。 よろしくお願いします!! There was also a public priestess, drawn from one or other of the leading families of the city, who must have performed sacrifices at the Temple of Venus, and may have had a role in other cults as well. Probably at the same time the precinct was separated from the forum by piers of increasing thickness which masked the difference in alignment between forum and temple. Their decree allowed exemptions under special circumstances for small groups of bacchants who worshipped at long established sanctuaries, and the cult at S. Abbondio must have been registered as one of the these, for the sanctuary remained in use, though it ceased to be supported by the city government. In the Sanctuary of Apollo the magistrates replaced the old altar with a new one, in accordance with a decree of the decurions, as they recorded in an inscription.

• 英文和訳お願いします

No language has ever been spoken by a mother-tongue majority in more than few countries (Spanish leads, in this respect, in some twenty countries, chiefly Latin America). 特に、"a mother-tongue majority"と"leads"の意味がはっきりわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文和訳です。お願いします><

Japan's Toru Hashimoto wins Osaka ballot Voters in the Japanese city of Osaka have elected former governor Toru Hashimoto over incumbent Kunio Hiramatsu as the new mayor. Mr Hashimoto, 42, had been the governor of the greater Osaka prefecture since 2008. He recently resigned to run in the mayoral election. He has proposed to reform Osaka's administrative structure because he said the city hall and the prefectural office overlap in their functions. "I hope civil servants at both institutions get the message from the voters this Sunday that they are not happy with your inefficiency," said Mr Hashimoto at a news conference on Sunday. The election generated a great deal of interest outside Osaka and the news conference was attended by at least 300 journalists. Voter turnout in the mayoral election was also the highest in 40 years at 60.92%. For most of the last two decades, it had hovered below 40% Mr Hashimoto's ally Ichiro Matsui was elected to replace him as the governor of the prefecture. "We can finally unify the prefecture and the city and work together to stimulate the economy," Mr Matsui said at the same news conference.

• 英文和訳ですが全然わかりません

The realities of creating personal, everyday air transportation―”flying cars,” for short―are in fact nightmarishly complex. A heavier-than-air flying machine must have a light but durable structure and a light but powerful engine in order to work at all. The engine must also be reliable, since its failure in flight is by definition a life-threatening crisis. A flying machine designed for daily use by an operator with limited training and experience would also have to be extremely stable, both in level flight and during maneuvers. Solving these technological problems would set the stage for putting “a flying machine in every garage.” That, in turn, would create new social problems: air traffic control; three-dimensional “rules of the road”; insurance; training, licensing, and inspection; and liability for damage done on the ground by machines that crash. for short 簡単に言って A heavier-than-air flying machine 空気より重たい飛行機械 in order to work at all ともかく動くためには by definition 当然とはいえ level flight 水平飛行 during maneuvers (技術を要する)操作中に set the stage for~ ~の準備を整える licensing 運転免許授与 inspection 車検 liability for~ ~に対する賠償責任 ;←この記号の意味もできれば教えてください お手伝いお願いします^^;