• AppleとSamsungが別れを決意した理由について説明します。
  • Appleの有名な広告「1984」を思い起こさせる状況が訪れています。
  • Appleは「Think Different」を信念とする会社であり、多くの革新者たちに従う必要があると訴えています。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.2

英語そのものは特に難解というわけでもありませんが、予備知識がないと、意味をちゃんと理解するのは難しいかも。 まず、「1984」について。 ジョージ・オーウェルの小説に、「1984」という作品があります。 ビッグブラザーという独裁者が、情報操作等によって国民全員の思考を支配している社会のお話です。 http://m.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/detail/q1235489457 アップルが1984年にマックを発売した時、その小説を下敷きにして有名なCMを作りました。 パンチラインは、"On January 24th, Apple Computer will introduce Macintosh. And you'll see why 1984 won't be like 1984." 当時はIBMが覇者としてコンピュータ業界を支配していたわけですが、マックが世に出れば小説「1984」のようにはならないと言ったものです。 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_(advertisement) http://wired.jp/2009/01/27/mac誕生から25年:取締役会は反対していた、伝説のcm/ ついでに言うと、IBMのスローガンはthink アップルのCMのキャッチコピーは、think different ということで… 「実際のところ、「1984」によく似た状況になり始めている。つまり、アップルの有名なCMのように。しかし今回は、大スクリーンに写っているのはthink differentの会社の独裁的なトップで、「思考者たちの軍団に従え」と演説している。

bluesky10
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました!授業での内容も思い出すことができました!とてもすっきりしました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

確かに、アップル社のあの有名な広告が出た、1984年に似てきはじめてはいる。しかし、今度は「考えを変えよう」社の覇権主義的社長(おん自ら)「小細工軍団に従順であれ」と、大きな画面で、お説教しているのである。

bluesky10
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• the coat check とは何でしょうか。

2012年12月31日号のNews Weekにサムソンと、アップルが決裂することの記事があります。 (Here's why Apple and Samsung are breaking up より)中程の文章ですが、 Google and Samsung, Apple's major mobile competitors,have a far different strategy.The Android mobile platform is far more open,custmizable,and flexible-providing providing access to suites of apps and legions of developers that Apple wouldn't even let past the coat check. アップル社の閉鎖的な体質を述べている記事なのですが、この the coat check の意味が分かりません。単純に、クロークのことではないように思うのですが。

• 英文訳おねがいします。

I am one of the luckiest girls in the world,"Beatrice declared at her graduation party after earning her bachelor's degree from a collage in connecticut,USA. Indeed and it's approproate that the name of the goat that changed her life was Lack. Beatrice's story helps addres two of the most commonly asked questions about foreign assistance:"Dose aid work?"and"What can I do?" The tale begins in the rolling hills of western Uganda, where Beatrice was born and raised. As a girl, she desperately yearned for an education , but it seemd hopeless. Her parents were prasants who couldn't afford to send her to shool. The years passed and Beatrice stayed home to help with the chores. She was on track to become one more illiterate African woman, another of the continent's wasted human resources. In the meantime, the children of a community church in Connecticut wanted to donate money for a good cause. They decided to buy goats for African villagers through an international non-vernmental oranization (NGO)in Arkansas,USA which helps impoverished farming families. A dariry goat in the NGO's online gift catalog cost $120 ; a flock of chicks or ducklings cost just $20. One of the goats bought by the church went to Beatrice's parents and soon produced twins. When the kid goats were wanted , the children of her family drank the goats milk for a nutritional boost and sold the surplus milk for extra money. The cash from the milk accumulated, and Beatrice's parents decided that they could now afford to send their daughter to shool. She was much older than the other first graders, but she was so overjoyed that she studied diligently and rose to be the best student in the shool. An american visiting the shool was impressed and wrote a children's book , Beatrice's Goat, about how the gift of a goat had enabled a bright girl to go to shool. The book was published in 2000 and became a children's best seller. Beatrice was such an outstanding student that she won a scholarship, not only to Uganda's best girls' high shool, but also to a prep shool in Massachusetts and then to the college in Connecticut. Cutting edge のチャプター9の英文です。 (法政大) 長々とすみませんが、 正確な訳が知りたいです。 どうかご協力お願いします。

• 英文の訳をお願いします!!

長いですが以下の英文を訳してください。 とても困ってます。 In discussing the origins of naturalism in the Middle Ages, Max Dvorak warned us against the folly of trying to fix a specific ‘beginning’ to anything so underground as the first growth of an artistic style. The modern movement in art, which in general is a reversal of the movement discussed with such brilliance by Dvorak (in his Idealismus und Naturalismus in der gotischen Skulptur und Malerei), offers no exception to this rule. Its origins are extremely obscure, and, like roots, proceed from different levels and contradictory directions. One cannot exclude either the revolutionary romanticism of a Blake or the revolutionary classicism of a David; Constable’s scientific naturalism is certainly a factor, but so is the historical idealism of Delacroix (to Cezanne always ‘le grand Maitre’). The realism of Courbet and Manet; the expressionism of Van Gogh and Munch; the symbolism of Emile Bernard and Gauguin---all these precede and in some degree predetermine the specifically modern movements of fauvism cubism, constructivism and surrealism. Perhaps we should abandon our biological analogies and think rather of the complex ‘movement’ of a chronometer; for historical ‘time’ seems to reduce, on analysis, to such an interlocking of gears and ratchets. It will be said that even the chronometer has a spring at the centre, but this is not necessarily true of the modern chronometer, which may be set and kept in motion by the simple alternation of night and day.

• 英文の意訳をお願いします。 American pie

American Pieを英文から理解できるように日本語にしています。 厳密さは問いませんので、意訳していだだけませんか。お願いします。 和文は私がつまずいているところです。 1) In fact, the expression that something is "as American as Mom's apple pie" is known to everyone. 要するに、表現は母のアップルパイと同じくらいアメリカ製の・・・ 2) It's used to praise something for being good and wholesome. それは(何かを)賞賛するのに慣れている・・・

• 訳で間違ってる部分を教えてください。

訳してみたのですがなんだかシックリきません。 どなたか訳がわかる方教えてください。 A: Hi patty. Welcome back to campus. How was your summer break? パティ、夏休みはどうだった? B: Hey, wait a minute. You look different. Did you do some something to your hair? あら?変わったように見える。髪形を変えましたか? A: No, that’s not it. I did do something, tough. いいえ、そうではないです。 B: Something about your cheeks or mouth is – It’s your nose. It’s somehow thinner and smaller –‘cuter’ I guess would be the way to describe it. 頬か口に何か?変わったのは鼻ですね。細くて、より小さくて可愛いと思う。なにしたんですか? A: Yes, I finally had it fix. My great big nose had been bothering me my whole life. Now it’s finally fixed and I feel like a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders. 私は整形しました。私の大きな鼻は人生を悩ましていましたが肩の荷が下りた気分です。 B: Oh, come on. I always liked your face the way it was. That’s how God made you. 私は元のあなたの顔が好きでした。 ※スペル間違ってたらすみません。

• 英文の訳お願いします!

John Chapman was one of the oddest characters ever seen on the American frontier. He was born in 1774 in Leominster, in central Massachusetts, and died in 1845 at Fort Wayne, Indiana. When he was still a boy he became very interested in apple trees. Apples were greatly prized everywhere, and especially on the frontier. Every settler had as large an different ways. Young Chapman thought of planting apple seeds over the frontier wilderness so young trees would be ready for the settlers when they arrived. With great leader bags filled with apple seeds which he secured at cider mills, he was soon a familiar figure in frontier regions that are now Ohio and Indiana. Early in his career he received the nickname Johnny Appleseed. He aroused attention wherever he appeared. He was usually barefoot and tattered. He sometimes slept in some settler's cabin, but always on the floor. Often he spent the night in the woods under a tree, or if the weather was stormy or cold, in a hollow log if he could find one. He tried never to injure any living thing, not even a mosquito or fly or rattlesnake. Once when he was traveling with an Indian friend, a rattlesnake bit him on the hand, and the Indian promptly killed the Snake. But Johnny chided him for treating so cruelly one of God's lovely creatures. The Indians regarded him as such a peculiar fellow that they molested him, even during wars with the settlers. Stories told by and about Johnny Appleseed are widespread. Books and plays have been written about him, and many poems and jingles have had him as their subject.

• 英文の訳お願いします

Many people feel so much stress at work that they hate going back on Monday morning after a weekend at home. They are fearful, anxious, and uncertain because work gives them little job security and heavy workloads. Peter Fielding, a Canadian psychologist, says,"There is no longer the feeling of being a long-term, valued employee. Just look at the newspaper and you read about layoffs, strikes, shutdowns." With downsizing, workers also have increased workloads. "We are all expected to do more with less and that's difficult,"he explains. Workers who used to have autonomy, freedom, and control now feel powerless. They are beginning to question the value of their work. "Professional identity is a real part of personal identity," says Nan Gardener, an unemployment counselor. "When you don't feel that you are making a significant and worthwhile contribution, it's hard to keep going." Although the work climate today is difficult, there are wars for individuals to fight the stress. ・Take back some control. You may not be able to Control events that happen around you, but you can control your response. Ask yourself, "Where can I get some job satisfaction and job challenge? What can I do with what l've got?" Try to find something each day that provides a challenge, even if it is just a different way of doing ordinary tasks. Challenge creates excitement. It motivates and revitalizes. ・Balance work and play After many years of education, many people are unable to find a job in their field. Instead, they have to take any job to get a paycheck. The job may not be suited to their capabilities. It may not present the challenge they are looking for. If this describes your job, remember you are more than your occupation. Enrich your life in other areas. Involve yourself in activities outside of Work. Gain strength from the areas in your life where things are going Well. Realize that this job may be temporary and do the best job you can. Remember, too, many people don't have a job to hate. ・Get support from colleagues We all need support from our colleagues in the workplace. Little things mean a lot, like potluck lunches and birthday celebrations. We also don't laugh as much as we used to in the workplace, yet a sense of humor can be vital. Decide that you will laugh at whatever you can laugh at and take advantage of the mutual support of colleagues. ・Have realistic expectations With increased workloads and cutbacks, many people are feeling they can't do their best work. Keep your work in perspective. Look at the big picture and establish reasonable objectives. Prioritize and make lists. Do what you can each day, and recognize each accomplishment. Look at what you can achieve, not at what you can't.

• 英文添削をお願いします!

英文添削をお願いします!教えて頂きたく、またお邪魔します。  このカードは順番に並んでいる。 These cards are put in order. 私はその学校でただ1人の英語を話す生徒だった。 I was the student who speaks only one person's English in the school. 私はぜんぜん違う所を予習していた。 I've prepared entirely other subject. // I've prepared my lesson about completely different part. あなたの教え方が好きです。 I like your method of teaching.// I like your teaching style. 血液型で性格を判断するのは日本独特のことだと思う I think that it's distinctive[unique] to Japan to judge character in a blood type.

• 大至急!英文の訳をお願いします。

It is often said that there is no love like a mother’s love. Once in a while, however, there are cases in which a man comes to love his mother a little too much. They can become fixated on them, or too attached to them. They have difficulty separating themselves from the woman who brought them into the world and raised them. You might be surprised to find that history has no shortage of famous men who had a mother complex. The effect of this complex differs from person to person as well.  J .M. Barrie wrote the wonderful story Peter Pan, which has become one of the best-loved children’s books of all time. In the book, there is a place called Never-Never Land, a place where children never grow up. Tn real life “Jamie” would dress in his dead brother’s clothes and spend long hours in the dark with his mother, consoling her over the death of his brother and her son. Some say this is the reason he did not grow much from his teenage years on. In other words, he stopped growing. Later, in adulthood, this short man wrote memoirs about his mother that shocked people all over England. He was clearly a man who adored his mother.  Houdini was one of the greatest magicians ever. His specialty was breaking out of dark places from which there was no escape. Some psychologists think that Houdini was really trying to experience childbirth over and over again. This is the reason that he put himself into dark, dangerous places from which he had to break out into the world of light. It was similar to a baby’s body coming out into the world.  After his mother passed away, Houdini went from psychic to psychic because he hoped to find someone who could put him in touch with her. Some saw him spend hours lying on his mother’s grave, talking toward the ground. Apparently, he was unsuccessful at communicating with his mother, though he did succeed in creating a greater distance between his wife and himself.  Yukio Mishima, the renowned Japanese writer, spent his childhood as the object of a tug-of-war. His grandmother, a tough woman who emphasized discipline and manners, and his mother, an emotional and outgoing woman, battled to influence young Yukio. His grandmother passed away while he was a teenager, but taught him to function smoothly in the world. Consequently, he spent most of his time with his mother, whom he adored. After his death, his mother supposedly said, “At last, my lover has returned to me.”  Mishima presented himself as a tough, disciplined, “manly” man, while in private, he kept male lovers in a passionate, emotional world. He was clearly a man of two worlds. Did this have something to do with his complex over his mother?  The effect of a mother complex on an individual can differ from person to person. Though the cause was the same for all of these three men, the results were very different. Too much of a good thing can be bad for us. Eating too many sweets, for example, leads to decayed teeth, weight problems, and more. By the same token, a mother’s love is special, but too much of it can be unhealthy. 訳せずに困っています。 大至急お願いします。 質問の内容を書いてください

• 至急、英文和訳お願いします!

This symbol went across the Atlantic to the U.S. and took on additional meanings. Especially in the 1960s and 1970s, it was adopted by several counter-culture movements such as the anti-Vietnam war protests, environmentalism and women's rights. This simple icon has been used in many countries around the world, even as a fashion item. It now appears on millions of mugs, T-shirts and accessories. Perhaps the reason it has lasted for over 50 years is because it can be reproduced quickly and is adaptable to different appeals. Interestingly, the London marchers five decades ago never registered it as a trademark. "It's a symbol of freedom," they say. "It's free for all." 確実な全訳が なかなかできません… 至急よろしくお願いします!