STP continues their music journey with the 'Chester Hagarton' era

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover how Stone Temple Pilots enter their new 'Chester Hagarton' era while continuing to create music.
  • Learn about the fear of the band splitting up after firing Scott Weiland and how the DeLeo brothers and Eric Kretz keep the STP legacy alive.
  • Find out why the continuation of Scott Weiland's Purple at the Core touring is crucial for the band's future.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します。

They now move into their ‘Chester Hagarton’ era so to speak. But on the other hand, I think it's fantastic that the DeLeo brothers and Eric Kretz will continue to perform and make music together. When they fired Weiland in February, my greatest fear was that the ‘firing’ was just a parting shot at Weiland and that it was really just a split, and that the DeLeos and Kretz would pack it in and stick to producing. If that had happened and Scott Weiland's Purple at the Core touring was the only thing keeping the STP legacy alive, that would have been very troubling.

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

バンドは『チェスター・ベニントン』時代へと突入し始めたと言ってよいだろう。 また一方、デリオ兄弟とエリック・クレッツがこれからも一緒に 公演、音楽制作を続けることが、いかに素晴らしいことであるか。 2月にバンドがウェイランドをクビにしたとき、私が最も危惧したのは、 『解雇』というのは単なる捨て台詞で、実際のところは分裂であったため、 デリオ兄弟もクレッツも活動は休止してプロデュース業に専念してしまうのではないか、 ということだった。 もしそうなって、スコット・ウェイランドのパープル・アット・ザ・コア・ツアーのみが、 唯一ストテンの遺産の継承になっていたとすれば、極めて厄介なことになったと思われる。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Stone Temple Pilots have announced their first performance together since firing frontman Scott Weiland in February. STP last performed on September 23, 2012 in Sacramento, California. The DeLeo brothers and Eric Kretz will perform at the MusiCares MAP Fund Benefit Concert on May 30th in Los Angeles at Club Nokia. They’re being advertised as ‘STP members Robert & Dean DeLeo and Eric Kretz’ which insinuates that the trio plan to continue using the STP name, as they’re not advertised as former members.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

According to TMZ.com, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS members Robert DeLeo (bass), Dean DeLeo (guitar) and Eric Kretz (drums) have filed a lawsuit against their former lead singer Scott Weiland claiming that he sabotaged their 20th anniversary tour by being chronically late for performances and missing promotional gigs. They also allege Weiland refused to communicate with other bandmembers in attempt to "hijack" the tour.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS members Robert DeLeo (bass), Dean DeLeo (guitar) and Eric Kretz (drums) last week filed a lawsuit against their former lead singer Scott Weiland claiming that he sabotaged their 20th anniversary tour by being chronically late for performances and missing promotional gigs. They also allege Weiland refused to communicate with other bandmembers in an attempt to "hijack" the tour.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

STP first sought to self-release their music when they reunited in 2008, but Atlantic Records sued them because they claimed that while they had released the DeLeo brothers from their contracts for Army of Anyone, Scott Weiland and Eric Kretz were still under contract and they owned the rights to the next STP album. STP gave in an recorded their 2010 comeback album Stone Temple Pilots for Atlantic, which ended up being their final album with Weiland. The album debuted at #2 and spawned the radio hit “Between The Lines.” STP's remaining members appear to have gotten out of the deal since then. ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots』『Army of Anyone』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』『Eric Kretz』は人物名、『Between The Lines』は曲名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

When STONE TEMPLE PILOTS bandmembers Dean DeLeo, Robert DeLeo and Eric Kretz began thinking of singers to accompany the new music they were working on, Bennington was at the top of the list. "Chester has a one-of-a-kind voice that we've admired for a long time," said Dean DeLeo. "We know LINKIN PARK will always be his priority, but we thought it would be cool to try something together. We managed to find the time to record a song and we're all really happy with the result."

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Guitarist Corey Hickok and keyboardist Britt Willits initially remained from Soi-Distant, and the lineup was rounded out by ¾ of the STP lineup we have come to know: Scott Weiland, Robert DeLeo, and drummer Eric Kretz. There was also a drummer named David Allin, a high school friend of Scott's, who played drums before Kretz. The details surrounding his time in the band are vague. Scott and Robert had seen Kretz performing with another band, and were impressed and immediately asked him to join their band. Kretz was from San Jose, California and attended Willow Glen High School. DeLeo eventually decided that they didn't need a keyboardist, and they became a four piece. The band were based in Hollywood but played in Los Angeles and Orange County. Swing had more of a funk and hard edged alternative rock sound than Soi-Distant, one of their early songs was called “Drop the Funk.” Dean, Robert's older brother, moved to San Diego in the mid 80's and became a successful businessman. He had given up the guitar, but helped out the early version of STP get some gigs down in San Diego.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Despite DeLeo's hesitance to work with Weiland again in the future, the decision to fire him wasn't an easy one. “It was a very difficult decision to terminate your singer, man, it wasn't an easy decision to do that,” DeLeo said. “Look at the past 10 years of what STP has done and it hasn't been much. I don't want to spend the next 10 years doing, or not doing, the same thing. I feel we have a lot to offer the face of music and some valid things to write and do and that's the way I want to spend my career.” Weiland has taken time apart from STP twice in the past. From mid 1997 to late 1998 the band were on hiatus, and from 2003 to 2008 they were broken up. STP fired Weiland in February, and replaced him with Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington in May.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

In a new interview, former Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland has claimed that he isn't angry at Chester Bennington for replacing him in STP. He also claimed he is still an owner of the STP name. Weiland said, “I've known Chester for a long time. I got to be pretty close to him on the (2001) Family Values Tour…I don't think Chester did it in a spiteful way. I'm sure, I mean, the brothers DeLeo can be pretty persuasive.” He added, “My feelings were definitely hurt because it wasn't something that was handled right at all…I don't think that it was smart for them to do that…I've played with them for a long time. But then on another side of it, I can't say that I’m that surprised. There's things that have happened in the past that are somewhat similar…so I guess nothing is totally shocking. But I am surprised…at what they did and without checking the legality of it, how they just decided to go and use the (band) name and go and hire another singer and start playing shows with a name that I still am an owner of.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Filter frontman Richard Patrick & new Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington talk about Scott Weiland and playing with the DeLeos for the first time in a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter Patrick: Army of Anyone was a completely separate outside band. We wanted to take the DeLeo brothers to my sound design and we did a lot of that, but I went at it so that under no circumstances could I be compared to Scott Weiland. I had to sing everything high and I wanted to sing way up there because Scott's a baritone and the moment you start singing baritone stuff… so I was adamant that they stay in the key of drop D because that's where my voice likes to hang out. I kept saying things like, “I wanna rock. I wanna do really fast, exciting stuff!” Bennington: They had decided to move forward without Scott, and were talking about who they wanted to move forward with. My name got brought up … and I was like, “Fuck yeah!” I didn't even think about it. It was like a dog looking at a squirrel, getting instantly excited and wanting to chase it.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Weiland added that he was not going to make any jokes and that he was being serious when saying he loves all the musicians he's played with. Some fans interpreted that Weiland was being sincere, while some think he may have been sarcastic, but he didn't say anything negative about Slash or DeLeo. ※ 『Scott Weiland』『Slash』『Robert DeLeo』などは人物名です。