Filter Frontman Richard Patrick & New Stone Temple Pilots Frontman Chester Bennington Talk about Scott Weiland and Playing with the DeLeos

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Filter frontman Richard Patrick and new Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington discuss their experiences with Scott Weiland and their collaboration with the DeLeos in an interview.
  • Richard Patrick reflects on his time in Army of Anyone, a separate band from Stone Temple Pilots, and how he wanted to establish a distinct sound to set himself apart from Scott Weiland.
  • Chester Bennington shares his excitement about joining Stone Temple Pilots after Scott Weiland's departure, describing it as an immediate and thrilling opportunity.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します!

Filter frontman Richard Patrick & new Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington talk about Scott Weiland and playing with the DeLeos for the first time in a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter Patrick: Army of Anyone was a completely separate outside band. We wanted to take the DeLeo brothers to my sound design and we did a lot of that, but I went at it so that under no circumstances could I be compared to Scott Weiland. I had to sing everything high and I wanted to sing way up there because Scott's a baritone and the moment you start singing baritone stuff… so I was adamant that they stay in the key of drop D because that's where my voice likes to hang out. I kept saying things like, “I wanna rock. I wanna do really fast, exciting stuff!” Bennington: They had decided to move forward without Scott, and were talking about who they wanted to move forward with. My name got brought up … and I was like, “Fuck yeah!” I didn't even think about it. It was like a dog looking at a squirrel, getting instantly excited and wanting to chase it.

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

Filter frontman Richard Patrick & new Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington talk about Scott Weiland and playing with the DeLeos for the first time in a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter フィルターのフロント、リチャード・パトリックとストーン・テンプル・パイロッツのフロント、チェスター・ベニントンは、スコット・ウェイランド及びデリオ兄弟との初の共演について、ハリウッドのレポーターのインタビューに答えた。 Patrick: Army of Anyone was a completely separate outside band. We wanted to take the DeLeo brothers to my sound design and we did a lot of that, but I went at it so that under no circumstances could I be compared to Scott Weiland. I had to sing everything high and I wanted to sing way up there because Scott's a baritone and the moment you start singing baritone stuff… so I was adamant that they stay in the key of drop D because that's where my voice likes to hang out. I kept saying things like, “I wanna rock. I wanna do really fast, exciting stuff!” パトリック:アーミー・オブ・エニワンは例外中の例外のバンドだった。俺たちはデリオ兄弟に意図した通りの音を出して欲しかったんだ。で思いっ切りそうしたさ。でそうこうするうちに、スコット・ウェイランドを意識する必要なんて無いことに気付いたんだ。全曲もっと高いピッチで歌う必要があった。何せスコットはバリトンだし、バリトンで歌うように出来てたからね。連中がキーをDに落として演奏してても、それに堪えたんだけど、それだと俺の声が外れちまうんだ。だからこういい続けたんだ。 『ロックしたいんだ。もっと速く、強烈にやってくれ!』 Bennington: They had decided to move forward without Scott, and were talking about who they wanted to move forward with. My name got brought up … and I was like, “Fuck yeah!” I didn't even think about it. It was like a dog looking at a squirrel, getting instantly excited and wanting to chase it. ベニントン:スコット抜きでも前進しなきゃならなかった。で誰と一緒に前進するのかって話になった時に、俺の名前が挙がったんだね。俺としちゃぁ、『超ラッキー!』だったが、余り深く考えないようにしたんだ。リスを見つけた犬が、咄嗟に興奮して、追いかけたがるようなもんだと思ったんでね。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

What many people don't know about new Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington is his history with the band goes back to 2001. He actually sang frequently with STP during the 2001 Family Values tour which featured STP and Linkin Park. He mainly performed “Dead and Bloated,” and sang “Wonderful” as well, off of Shangri LA DEE DA. Bennington and Scott Weiland were actually friends for several years (Bennington idolized Weiland as a teenager), but I highly doubt they're sending each other Christmas cards now.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

RICHARD PATRICK MAKES A PLEA FOR SCOTT WEILAND, WANTS HIM TO GET HELP Filter frontman Richard Patrick made a plea for former Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland on his Facebook page: We need to really start thinking about Scott. He must be in a world of pain. I'm hearing bad things.. I got this from a fan. Fan “I saw Scott Weiland last night….worst show I have ever scene, he was beyong fucked up on stage……” If this doesn't scare anybody.. It should. I hope our community tries to reach out to him.. ※ 『Filter』『Stone Temple Pilots』はバンド名で、『Richard Patrick』『Scott Weiland』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington discussed joining STP on his Twitter page last night: Just played the first show with STP! It was fucking AMAZING! FYI, I will never leave Linkin Park. We are currently working on a new record and its awesome! For those wondering about STP's history with Chester Bennington, on the 2001 Family Values Tour Bennington joined the band to perform on select songs. Bennington has often cited STP as one of his favorite bands and Scott Weiland as one of his main influences vocally.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Jones continued, “I went to a few 12-step meetings where Scott Weiland was there. But I could tell from the start just by sensing his vibe that he simply didn’t get it and never would. The day before his death, no one gave a fuck about him, and just wrote him off. The next day, all the radio stations were milking him for all he was worth.” Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington also discussed Stone Temple Pilots and Scott Weiland in a recent Q104.3 interview. “Man, let me just tell you, I have the highest respect for Stone Temple Pilots. I love Scott Weiland, I’m sad that he’s gone. He was a huge supporter. I just heard a really interesting story the other day, about how he had heard Hybrid Theory with one of the programmers in California, and basically said, ‘That’s it. That’s what you guys are going to be playing from now on.’ That just means a lot to me, because he actually introduced me to a lot of the people I play music with.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Stone Temple Pilots LIED about firing singer Scott Weiland as a publicity stunt ... in order to hype an upcoming concert tour ... so says Weiland, who insists the band is still 100% together. Weiland said, "STP is not broken up. It's a whole thing to try to boost ticket sales." But the way Weiland explains it sounds like he and the rest of STP don't really communicate ... and they used the Weiland "firing" to boost ticket sales for a tour they were organizing WITHOUT him. ※ 『STONE TEMPLE PILOTS(STP)』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

“We didn't ever really see Scott; he rode in his own bus and the band kept themselves apart right up until they were about to get on stage,” Anthony explained. “The DeLeo's and Eric are just incredible guys; they would hang out and the dynamic was great. Between them and Scott is a whole different story and that doesn't come as news to anyone. Whatever potential drama was occurring, I stayed out of it and I never really knew what exactly was going on. What I do know is whenever they got on stage it was the real deal and Scott is one hell of a frontman.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS bassist Robert DeLeo recently spoke to Bill Bodkin of Pop-Break.com about the band's decision to fire its former lead singer, Scott Weiland, and join forces with LINKIN PARK's Chester Bennington. "When you're a band that's had a career like we've had and you're considering terminating your singer, people kinda react to that like 'riiiiight' [because] I think with any band that's the person [the lead singer] people relate to the band," he said. "I felt that over time, it wasn't really about the music anymore. It was, for live purposes, the novelty of what condition Scott was going to be in. It gets very frustrating to have to be in that position with someone over that amount of years."

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

CHESTER BENNINGTON CALLS FORMER STP SINGER SCOTT WEILAND “ONE OF THE GREATEST FRONTMEN OF ALL TIME” In a recent interview with the Phoenix New Times, Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington was asked if he's spoken to his predecessor Scott Weiland since replacing him. He was also asked about Weiland saying he had “no ill will” against him: “Uh, no, I haven’t talked to him. I really appreciate that, though, because I have the utmost respect for Scott. He's one of the best frontmen of all time. He's definitely given me someone I can look to and go, that's how I want to perform . . . I want to put on a show like that. To be that passionate about that. So, in that respect, I have nothing but respect for Scott. I appreciate, too, that he sees that this is not something personal, from my point of view. It's something that I take very seriously and I want him to be successful in his life. But at the same time, as a musician and as a fan of the band, I want the band to continue. So if I can be a part of making that happen, then that's great. But I can tell you very confidently that, you know, if it wasn't me, it would be somebody else. But this is a choice the band made and this is how they felt that they needed to move forward. So I support that and I'm stoked that it's me that's taking over the reins because I know I can pay it the respect it deserves.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

They now move into their ‘Chester Hagarton’ era so to speak. But on the other hand, I think it's fantastic that the DeLeo brothers and Eric Kretz will continue to perform and make music together. When they fired Weiland in February, my greatest fear was that the ‘firing’ was just a parting shot at Weiland and that it was really just a split, and that the DeLeos and Kretz would pack it in and stick to producing. If that had happened and Scott Weiland's Purple at the Core touring was the only thing keeping the STP legacy alive, that would have been very troubling.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

How did this tour come together? Richard Patrick: I heard about it and said to Dean [DeLeo], “Hey, Dean: take me on tour!” [laughs] And he asked the guys, came back and said, “Everyone says this is good!” Chester Bennington: Pretty much. We wanted this tour to be a really good experience for our fans; and we had been struggling to find bands, the right band, to make it awesome. So when Dean came to rehearsal, we were at Robert’s house recording, and said, “Richard said that they would go out with us.” I was. like, “F---, yeah!” That is exactly what we want and what we need for this tour.