Chester Bennington: A New Singer for STP

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Chester Bennington happily accepts the job as the new singer for Stone Temple Pilots and jokes about being a greedy bastard.
  • He clarifies that he is the lead singer of both Stone Temple Pilots and Linkin Park, and enjoys the opportunity to play in a more classic rock band.
  • This new role helps balance out his involvement in the more tech leaning Linkin Park.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します。

Chester said it was a no brainer to accept the job as STP's new singer. Bennington clarified that he is the lead singer of both Stone Temple Pilots and Linkin Park, he joked that he's “a greedy fucking bastard.” He said he's happy to get to play in a more classic rock type of band, which helps balance out the more tech leaning Linkin Park.

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

チェスターは、ストテンのヴォーカルを引き受けるのに 何の躊躇もなかったと言う。 今やストテンとリンキン・パーク、 双方のリードシンガーであると明らかにしているし、 おちゃらけて自らを『欲に駆られたろくでなし』と揶揄している。 また彼はこうも言っている。 極めてクラシカルなロックバンドでプレイするというのは楽しいし、 リンキンパークのようなテクニックに走りすぎるきらいのあるバンドと 丁度バランスを取ることが出来ると。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

With STONE TEMPLE PILOTS moving full steam ahead on a new EP and a full slate of fall tour dates with new singer Chester Bennington, The Pulse Of Radio asked guitarist Dean DeLeo how the group chose the LINKIN PARK frontman for the job in the first place. "We simply did not have a list of guys we were thinking of, we didn't hold auditions, we thought of Chester and that was it," he said. "It's very interesting, honestly, because Chester told me a story that when he was dating his wife about nine years ago, he told her that one day he was gonna get a call from us to be the singer of this band."

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS bassist Robert DeLeo recently spoke to Bill Bodkin of Pop-Break.com about the band's decision to fire its former lead singer, Scott Weiland, and join forces with LINKIN PARK's Chester Bennington. "When you're a band that's had a career like we've had and you're considering terminating your singer, people kinda react to that like 'riiiiight' [because] I think with any band that's the person [the lead singer] people relate to the band," he said. "I felt that over time, it wasn't really about the music anymore. It was, for live purposes, the novelty of what condition Scott was going to be in. It gets very frustrating to have to be in that position with someone over that amount of years."

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Has the shit hit the fan already with the new Stone Temple Pilots lineup? During a recent interview with Seattle radio station KISW, Stone Temple Pilots bassist Robert DeLeo revealed that STP's new lead singer Chester Bennington clogged his toilet the first time he came over to jam, “When he came over to my house, I have a studio in my house. The first thing [Chester] did is he clogged my toilet.” DeLeo added, “He clogged my upstairs toilet.” Chester didn't force the DeLeos and Kretz to clean up his mess though like the band's former frontman, “He had the lavatory courtesy to ask for the plunger.” DeLeo said there are no hard feelings about the incident, “What's that saying, we all crap?” DeLeo also said “[Chester]‘s going to love that I pointed that out.” The DJ later joked that Chester could crap several houses if STP come to Seattle soon and Robert jokingly said in a British accent, “Buy an extra plunger darling!”

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

While I've never been a Linkin Park fan barring a few songs (New Divide was a guilty pleasure of mine in 2009), I thought that Chester Bennington sounded fantastic when performing covers with Camp Freddy and when he performed with STP in 2001 on the Family Values Tour. So the choice of Bennington as lead singer did make sense in that regard, to see what potential might be there if you put him in a real rock band and he had ties to the band dating back to 2001.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Jones continued, “I went to a few 12-step meetings where Scott Weiland was there. But I could tell from the start just by sensing his vibe that he simply didn’t get it and never would. The day before his death, no one gave a fuck about him, and just wrote him off. The next day, all the radio stations were milking him for all he was worth.” Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington also discussed Stone Temple Pilots and Scott Weiland in a recent Q104.3 interview. “Man, let me just tell you, I have the highest respect for Stone Temple Pilots. I love Scott Weiland, I’m sad that he’s gone. He was a huge supporter. I just heard a really interesting story the other day, about how he had heard Hybrid Theory with one of the programmers in California, and basically said, ‘That’s it. That’s what you guys are going to be playing from now on.’ That just means a lot to me, because he actually introduced me to a lot of the people I play music with.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Filter, Stone Temple Pilots and Linkin Park are such different bands it seems unlikely they would have anything in common and yet this combination of styles seems to mix perfectly. Why does it work so well? Bennington: A genre that we all fit under, Filter, STP and Linkin Park, would be the "alternative" umbrella, which is what makes the alternative moniker funny in a lot of ways. In LP, we've prided ourselves as being a band that has no genre bounds, because we do pop music, rock, hip-hop, metal, dub-step... We do whatever the f--- we want to. If I walk into the studio with a banjo and some jugs and write a song that's awesome, we're going to find a way to make that work with Linkin Park. STP is a good, solid rock and roll band. It's sexy; it's got groove, energy and attitude; there's melody; it's got all those things that make rock great, but it's modern, which is how it fits into the alternative side. Patrick: I would say Linkin Park is way more electronic and more broad; for Filter, I think of us as modern rock. That's a massive canvas to paint in. Although we use electronics and samplers, it's still always written around a guitar.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Chester Bennington and Stone Temple Pilots make for rock ‘n’ roll’s ultimate dream team. Not only can the Linkin Park and Dead by Sunrise singer pull off that classic Scott Weiland-style bravado characteristic of the band’s hits, but he’s adding his own decidedly personal flare to new material such as the swaggering single “Out of Time”. He locks in with guitarist Dean DeLeo, bassist Robert DeLeo, and drummer Eric Kretz as if he was meant to be there all along, and something much larger emerges. This is one of the most formidable and important rock bands in history reborn… In this exclusive interview with ARTISTdirect.com editor in chief Rick Florino, Dean DeLeo of Stone Temple Pilots opens up about “Out of Time”, the group’s new EP, and even takes a look back at Purple.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Yesterday's news of Linkin Park's Chester Bennington being named Stone Temple Pilots' new lead singer was one of the most shocking stories I've ever covered on this site. STP are one of my favorite bands, and the realization that they had actually replaced Scott Weiland after 25 years really threw me through a loop. It's a very ambitious move on STP's part, not only naming a new lead singer but a huge name like Chester Bennington, which essentially turns STP into a supergroup. The move will definitely alter STP's legacy, as they now will no longer be a band that never lost a member from its original lineup.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Dean also discussed Chester Bennington joining STP, “I was on a European tour late at night, I turn on the TV and there's Linkin Park doing this massive festival and Chester's hitting it with a Stone Temple Pilots No. 4 shirt on. It really brought a smile to my face, it brought me back to home I could feel my heart again. The first time we met was at a turnstile waiting for our luggage, and I said I think I owe you this and I kissed him on the cheek. So we've kind of been friends ever since. I knew he really loved the band obviously. We did some touring tour on a Family Values tour in 1994 I think [it was 2001], we hit it off we spent a lot of time together. When the time came to think about a singer, we simply reached out to him.” ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots』『Linkin Park』はバンド名、『Dean DeLeo』『Chester Bennington』『Nikki Sixx』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Ex-STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland has apologized to the group's fans who are "caught in the middle" of his very public legal battle with his former bandmates. STP fired Weiland earlier this year and recruited LINKIN PARK's Chester Bennington to take over. The group sued Weiland in May, accusing him of using the band's name to advance his solo career, while claiming that his poor performances, late arrivals, and addiction struggles harmed the band's career. Weiland has countersued, claiming that the band cannot use the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS name without him.