Correct English Sentence

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Is 'see' the right verb to use in the sentence 'What were you doing at eight last night? I was seeing the baseball game in Tokyo Dome.' or is 'watching' more appropriate?
  • Do I need to use 'on TV' in the sentence 'I watched my favorite TV program on TV.'?
  • Is the sentence 'I played a musical instrument long time there.' correct for saying 'I played a musical instrument for a long time there.'?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

正しい英文にしたいです

(1) What were you doing at eight last night? I was seeing the baseball game in Tokyo dome. seeはふつうingにしないのでしょうか?watchingのほうが適切ですか? (2) 私は私の好きなテレビ番組を見ました。 I watched my favorite TV program on TV. on TV は、いりますか? (3) そこで長い時間楽器を吹きました。 I played a musical instrument long time there. (4) 僕たちはたくさんの野球の練習試合をした。 そしてたくさん負けました。 でも試合に参加できてよかったです。 そこで楽しい一日を過ごすことができました。 We had many baseball practice matches. And we lost the matches many times. But I was happy because I was able to join the matches. I was able to spend a happy day there. あっていますか?>< (5) ・お昼より少し前に友達と映画を見に行きました。 ・医者から風邪だと言われました。 とは英語でなんていいますか? たくさんありますが、よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nebusoku3
  • ベストアンサー率38% (1442/3777)
回答No.2

(1)I was seeing the baseball game in Tokyo dome. see には ただ眺める の意味が強く スポーツの観戦には 向きません。watchingのほうが適切ですね。 I am looking forward to seeing you. (お会いできるのを楽しみしています。 の様に使います。ご存知とは思いますが。 to  ~ing は形として覚えて下さい。) (2)I watched my favorite TV program on TV. これは I watched my favorite program on TV. が良いでしょう。 (3)I played a musical instrument long time there. I played a musical instrument for a long time there. (for a が必要) (4)We had many baseball practice matches. (最後に yesterday 等を入れた方がいい) And we lost the matches many times.(このままでもOKですがAnd we lost many matches. 相手チームが一つの場合は And we lost many times. かな 前文にmatches があるから省略可能 ) But I was happy because I was able to join the matches.(このままでもOKですが But I was happy to be able to join the matches もあるかも) I was able to spend a happy day there. (良いと思います) (5) ・お昼より少し前に友達と映画を見に行きました。 I went to see a movie with my friend a time of almost noon. I went to see a cinema with my friend a time of almost noon. ・医者から風邪だと言われました。 I was told to be a cold by a doctor. The doctor said "You have a cold". 参考になればいいのですが。

iku1129
質問者

お礼

たくさんの例をありがとうございました。 とても参考になりました!

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

(1)    seeはふつうingにしないのでしょうか?    「普通」かどうか分かりませんが、します。 Seeing is believing.「百聞は一見に如かず」、I must be seeing things.  私は何かを見ているに違いない > 信じられない。などと使います。     watchingのほうが適切ですか?     はい、 (2)  on TV は、いりますか?     いいえ、要りません。 (3)  I played a musical instrument (for a)long time there. 括弧の中を入れてもいいと思います。 (4)     A little before noon I went あっていますか?><     通じると思います。2行目は、We lost many 、3行目は But I am glad that I took part とも言えます。 (5) A bit before noon, I went to see a film with a friend. A doctor told me I had a cold

iku1129
質問者

お礼

ご丁寧にありがとうございました! 参考にさせていただきました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文で分からないところがあるので教えてください。(3)

今、海外のペンパルと文通していのですが、自身がないので3番英文が合っているかどうか教えてください。間違いがあったら正しい英文を教えてください。それと翻訳機では、通じなかったので今回は、翻訳機を使用せず、辞書で調べて書きました。1番と2番と4番は、辞書を調べても分からなかったので英文を教えてください。 1.あなたにインスブルック(Innsbruck)に行くことを連絡したかったです。行く直前にホテルが決まってしまって連絡できなくて大変申し訳ないと思っています。 2.すごく綺麗な町並みでした。 3.Mozart Geburtshaus exhibited some musical instrument,etc…. And I was very emotional. I am Mozart’s biggest fan! We went to  Neuschwanstein castle in Germany on September 13. Its castle was very beautiful! I felt to into a fairy tale story. モーツアルトの生家では、楽器などが展示してあり、とても感動しました。私は、モーツアルトの大ファンです。 9月13日は、ドイツにあるノイシュバンシュタイン城に行きました。すごく綺麗な城でしたよ。まるでおとぎ話の世界に入ったようでした。 4.すごく可愛い建物が沢山ありました。 フランクフルト(Frankfurt)は、近代的な建物が多かったです。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

エジソンの伝記からです。 The telegraph was growing up. Once limited to sending dots and dashes, it was now learning to do tricks. It could transmit numbers and letters. In 1875, inventor Elisha Gray was able to transmit 16 different musical notes on a device he called the telephone. この文章を訳してください、お願いします。

• 助けて下さい!!

下の文の英語があっているか、見てほしいです。 なんとか自分で考えましたが英語能力がないので文章的に合っているか分かりません。 お願いします!! ちなみに商業高校レベルですので・・・汗。 題は「思い出」です。 1.A high school life was very short. 2.This three years was many event. 3.For example, every year, It is a high school 4.baseball championship tournament in summer. 5.I went to Koushien stadium and watch the baseball game. 6.I have never watched high school baseball in Koushien stadium more than watch TV. 7.I will go to the Koushien stadium to watch high school baseball since I graduated from high school. 8.I went Okinawa to school trip when second year in high school. 9.I never ride on airplane my life since I was born. 10.It is warm in Okinawa then. 11.I ride on jet ski in the sea. 12.I swam in the sea then and enjoyed myself. 13.Bus guide acted as our guide when we went to botanical garden. 14.Thanks to her guide, I enjoyed myself. 15.I go to Okinawa once again.

• 正しい自然な英文に添削願います。

英語にたけている皆様へ 以下の内容を英文にしましたが、おかしいところ・不自然なところを御指摘・添削願います。 日本語: 今日は家族4人でA川に蛍を見に行きました。ついたときには既にたくさんの人たちが川沿いにいて待ち構えていました。蛍は思っていたほどたくさんいませんでしたが、家族全員見るのは初めてだったので暗闇で光る蛍たちは幻想的で感動的なものでした。光が最高潮に達した8時半すぎには周辺の道路は大混雑で駐車場から出るのも一苦労でした。 私の稚拙な英文: Today,I went to the A river to watch fireflies with my familiy of four. There were already many people waiting it along the river when we arrived there. Fireflies were not so many less than I expect, but shining in the dark was fantastic and impressed all my families had watched at the first time. After 8:30p.m. at when the climax of it, peripheral road got congested greatly. So we had to waste time to go out the parking. 絶対おかしい。よろしくお願いします。

• 英文のおかしい所を直してください!

I went to a driving school and an ion on Saturday. In the morning, I ran on the street by car. It was very fun. I went to an ion with a friend in the afternoon. I was very glad to be able to do shopping. 宜しくお願いします!!

• この英文で通じるでしょうか?

Although originally I am a left-handed when I was a child, however, my parents forced me on a right-handed. I didn’t want to obey it first. I was not able to do writing well and catching a bean with chopsticks either, which is why I dropped a lot of beans on the table many times. It was difficult for me to do everything and dis-satisfied. So I came to think why should I put up with the discomfort and poor performance? It’s meaningless I think. 文法的な誤りがあればご指摘ください。

• 英文が正しいかどうか教えてください。

I used to watch television. The song was able to know, thanks to television. I decided to go to high school after all. I have to teach my sister. After all, she is an only child. We can read book, for all we know the words. While was glad hear the news, my sister was sad. I was glad hear the news. In contract, my sister was sad. Tough I have gone to early bed yesterday, I couldn’t get up early. Is it true I had gone to early bed yesterday, but I have couldn’t get up early. です。 変な文や、こうした方がいい、というアドバイスなどがあれば教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文が分かりません

問題.wasかwereのどちらか↓ It( )sunny yesterday. 問題.次の( )に適する語を1語ずつ書きなさい。 (1) I watched to softball game on TV ( ) two hours. (2) I'm going to visit Lake Towada ( ) plane. (3) They are looking ( ) the sky. (4) He is interestsd ( ) English. 問題.次の日本語を英語にしなさい (1)あなたのペンを使ってもいいですか。 (2)頭痛がします。 (3)郵便局への道を私に教えていただけませんか。 (4)明日は何をするつもりですか。 (5)英語の授業では、日本語を使ってはいけません。 お願いします><

• 英文の間違いがあったら教えてください。

marry,consult,approach,answer,enter,reach,attend,mention,searchの他動詞を使った英文があるのですが、間違っているところがありましたら教えてください。(語句の使い方、スペルミス、そもそも国語的に話が成立しているかetc.) My friend Lisa marry a man who is two years older than her so I thought to go to her wedding ceremony but I didn't know where I should go. I consulted map to get information but I couldn't so I approached a old man to ask the way to church of her wedding ceremony. He answered that"you should go straight and turn right at the second signal". I mailed for Lisa to be late the ceremony just in case and went straight. Ten minutes later, I reached the church. I entered there, there were not any people. I was surprised and checked my cell phone so there was a mail from Lisa. It said,"the wedding is tomorrow!" Next day, I was able to attend it. I mention which I learned "we should prepare when we search somewhere" and "we confirm days!" また、これにsurviveを入れられるとしたらどこに、どんな風に入るでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします

・She had seen that I would rather be stung to death than let others see my poverty. ・I stayed on the line, concerned that something was wrong. ・We have many systems of mirror neurons, with more being discovered as time goes on.