• 締切済み

この訳をおしえてください

The number of young men who called asking for Marie distressd her mother. この訳をおしえてください who called asking for Marie この部分の文法的な意味が分かりません。 なんでcall のあとにasking がくるんんですか? {マリーに電話をかけてきた若い男たちが、マリーの母親を苦しめた。 }ですか??

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.1

>The number of young men who called asking for Marie distressd her mother. {マリーに電話をかけてきた若い男たちが、マリーの母親を苦しめた。 }ですか?? ⇒ほとんど、これでいいと思います。 全体を文字通りに訳すと、 「マリーを(電話口に出すよう)求めて電話をかけてきたたくさんの若い男たちが、彼女の母親を悩ませた。」 というような感じでしょうか。 >who called asking for Marie この部分の文法的な意味が分かりません。 >なんでcall のあとにasking がくるんんですか? ⇒asking for Marie は、「マリーを求めて」といったニュアンスの、「現在分詞構文」だと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 訳と、この場合の返し方

メールをしている相手からこのような文が入ってきました。彼はどんんあタイプがすきといっているのですか?すべてが訳せなかったので教えてください。自分なりに理解したのは素直な人が好きで、いいときも悪いときも一緒にいてくれる人というところです。それと、最後could you....の部分は特に意味はないとおもうのですが、このような文章にはどのような返事をすればいいのでしょうか?例えば英語で教えてください。I like a woman who is very honest and loyal to her man. I don't like head games, so I dont play them. Ilike a woman who can be there for me in good and bad times. Understand me and let me be me and except me in good and bad times a woman who is nit judgemental. I am a man who takes care of home. I believe in taking my lady out to a dinner a movie or just for a walk or something she likes to do. I cook for her. Rub her feet and wash her body and share my thoughts dreams. I want a woman i can call my own. Grow with her untilthe end of time. COuld you be this woman

• 以下の英文訳がわかりません。

That which a person did not burn for in his young days, he will not easily work for as a man どういう文法でしょうか?

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

My husband and I went to visit our oldest son and his wife. They have three children, ages 6, 9 and 11. The youngest girl screams at the top of her lungs when she does not get her way. She also hits her mother when her mother tries to correct her. The oldest child baits the others to stir up trouble. 最後のセンテンスの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

In early 1916, the German army had 900,000 men in recruit depots and another 300,000 due in March when the 1897 class of conscripts was called up. The army was so flush with men that plans were made to demobilise older Landwehr classes and in the summer, Falkenhayn ordered the raising of another 18 divisions, for an army of 175 divisions. The costly battles at Verdun and the Somme had been much more demanding on German divisions and they had to be relieved after only a few days in the front line, lasting about 14 days on the Somme. A larger number of divisions might reduce the strain on the Westheer and realise a surplus for offensives on other fronts. Hindenburg and Ludendorff ordered the creation of another 22 divisions, to reach 179 divisions by early 1917. The men for the divisions created by Falkenhayn had come from reducing square divisions with four infantry regiments to triangular divisions with three regiments, rather than a net increase in the number of men in the army.

• 英語の訳をお願いします!

Sometimes a person‘s whole life can be changed in an instant.Elizabeth Blackwell‘s life changed one afternoon in 1844 when she went to visit a friend who was dying.As Blackwell later described the scene, the dying woman asked her why she did not think of studying medicine, since she was smart and healthy.When Elizabeth reminded her friend that there were no women doctors,the woman sighed and said that if she had been treated by a ‘lady doctor,‘ she might not be dying.At that time, it was not considered proper for women to talk about or know anything about the human body. Elizabeth‘s sick friend had been so ashamed to mention her internal problems to a man that she hid her pain for too long.When she finally sought treatment, it came too late to save her life. Elizabeth couldn‘t get the dying woman‘s suggestion out of her mind. She decided to devote her life to medicine. To earn money for her medical training, Elizabeth took a teaching job in North Carolina.It happened that the principal of the school where she worked was a medical doctor.He had lots of medical books,and Elizabeth  to read them was free when her teaching work was done.She wrote to twentyーnine medical schools asking for admission.Most didn‘t even reply, and the ones that did were very rude.Friends suggested that she dress up as a man to attend medical school, but Elizabeth wanted to be accepted for what she was.A small medical college in NewYork finally said ‘yes.‘ Elizabeth graduated in 1849 at the head of her class,the first woman in the United States to receive a medical degree. 

• 訳お願いします

I have,my Lord.She must stay out of the sun.It's dangerous for her health. He's completely mad. But when I was young, I also suffered for love. I was almost as mad as he is now. I'll speak to him again. What are you reading, my Lord? Words, worlds, worlds. What are they about? Lies. The writer says here that old men have grey beards, small minds and weak legs. It is, of course, all true. But it's wrong to write about it. お願いします。

• call homeとは何でしょうか?

call homeという言葉の意味が分かりません。 TOEICの公式問題集に、 The story of a young flight attendant who travels the world looking for a new city to call home. 新たなる安らぎの街を求めて世界中を旅する若きフライアテンダント・・・ とありました。 また、Alice in Chainsのnutshellという曲の中でも、 no place to call home : 帰る場所が無い のような意味で用いられていたように記憶しています。 call homeで調べてみても良く分かりませんでした。 アドバイスを頂けないでしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。

• 大至急!英文の訳をお願いします。

It is often said that there is no love like a mother’s love. Once in a while, however, there are cases in which a man comes to love his mother a little too much. They can become fixated on them, or too attached to them. They have difficulty separating themselves from the woman who brought them into the world and raised them. You might be surprised to find that history has no shortage of famous men who had a mother complex. The effect of this complex differs from person to person as well.  J .M. Barrie wrote the wonderful story Peter Pan, which has become one of the best-loved children’s books of all time. In the book, there is a place called Never-Never Land, a place where children never grow up. Tn real life “Jamie” would dress in his dead brother’s clothes and spend long hours in the dark with his mother, consoling her over the death of his brother and her son. Some say this is the reason he did not grow much from his teenage years on. In other words, he stopped growing. Later, in adulthood, this short man wrote memoirs about his mother that shocked people all over England. He was clearly a man who adored his mother.  Houdini was one of the greatest magicians ever. His specialty was breaking out of dark places from which there was no escape. Some psychologists think that Houdini was really trying to experience childbirth over and over again. This is the reason that he put himself into dark, dangerous places from which he had to break out into the world of light. It was similar to a baby’s body coming out into the world.  After his mother passed away, Houdini went from psychic to psychic because he hoped to find someone who could put him in touch with her. Some saw him spend hours lying on his mother’s grave, talking toward the ground. Apparently, he was unsuccessful at communicating with his mother, though he did succeed in creating a greater distance between his wife and himself.  Yukio Mishima, the renowned Japanese writer, spent his childhood as the object of a tug-of-war. His grandmother, a tough woman who emphasized discipline and manners, and his mother, an emotional and outgoing woman, battled to influence young Yukio. His grandmother passed away while he was a teenager, but taught him to function smoothly in the world. Consequently, he spent most of his time with his mother, whom he adored. After his death, his mother supposedly said, “At last, my lover has returned to me.”  Mishima presented himself as a tough, disciplined, “manly” man, while in private, he kept male lovers in a passionate, emotional world. He was clearly a man of two worlds. Did this have something to do with his complex over his mother?  The effect of a mother complex on an individual can differ from person to person. Though the cause was the same for all of these three men, the results were very different. Too much of a good thing can be bad for us. Eating too many sweets, for example, leads to decayed teeth, weight problems, and more. By the same token, a mother’s love is special, but too much of it can be unhealthy. 訳せずに困っています。 大至急お願いします。 質問の内容を書いてください

• 日本語訳お願いします。

Among the many findings of a city traffic study released on Monday was that 80 percent of all crashes in a five-year period in which pedestrians were seriously injured or killed involved men who were driving. The imbalance is far too great to be explained away by the predominance of men among bus, livery, taxi and delivery drivers, said Seth Solomonow, a spokesman for the city’s Transportation Department. The statistic would seem to put to rest, for good, the Mars versus Venus question of who is better behind the wheel, and to confirm what auto insurance companies — and at least half the city (women, that is) — knew all along.

• 冠詞の a と the の区別

関係代名詞の例文を作っていますが、次のような文では a, an よりも the の方がよいのでしょうか、教えてください。せっかくだから、a,an の区別を慣れさせたいのです。 A young man who is talking with Mike is my friend. An old man who is talking with Mike is my friend. 複数になれば Young men who are talking with Mike are my friends. Old men who are talking with Mike are my friends. The young men, The old men と the をつける方がよいのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。