• ベストアンサー

「すまし顔で書いてあるから」

「あまりに澄ました顔して書いてあるもんだから、てっきり本当だと思っちゃうところだった。」という文に関して。その前の文脈も交えると、「さも本当であるかのようにそれが書かれていたので、危うく騙されるところだった。」という意味になるのですが、英訳するとどうなりますか? That was written as such a matter of course that I nearly wasn't suspicious of it. でしょうか?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

It was so convincingly written I almost fell for it. convincingly 【副】 納得のいくように、もっともらしく http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=convincingly "fall for it" http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=%22fall+for+it%22

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

That was written as such a matter of course that I nearly wasn't suspicious of it.     いいんじゃないですか。     「あまりに澄ました顔して書いてあるもんだから、てっきり本当だと思っちゃうところだった。」なら          It was written so nonchalant that I almost believed it.  とも。      http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=nonchalant

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• asの用法

The lead singer was ill and her substitute wasn't nearly as good. これは The lead singer was ill and her substitute wasn't nearly as good as her. の省略形と考えればいいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• as と that は同じ用法??

HOBBIT 336ページを読んでいます。古い本なので今でも使われるのかはわかりませんが、、、。 There was, of course, no longer any question of dividing the hoard in such shares as had been planned, to Balin and Dwalin, and Dori and Nori. これの、in such shares as の意味と用法、文法が分かりません。 古い表現なのか?っと思いネイティブに聞いたら、今でもこういう表現は使われるとのことでした。 as は that と置き換えて考えて。っと言われたので、え?っと思って調べても、そういう表現は見つかりません。 as と that は置き換えられるんですか? which も同じでしょうか?? また、 in such のin はsuchにかかる前置詞でしょうか??? 質問が多くてもうしわけありません。何か知っていたら教えていただきたいです。

• 次の文の英訳を教えてください。

次の文の英訳を教えてください。 It wasn't for nothing that you tried to talk him into it, for he promised to reconsider it. 特に、It wasn't for nothing thatをどのように訳したら良いか分かりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 『The Lovebirds』2

Eleanor Farjeonの『The Lovebirds』という短編からの質問です。 The cat turned away as though it was thinking of something else, and Susan put her hand down to the lovebird, and the lovebird hopped on to her finger. Now to have a lovebird sitting on your finger is as lovely a thing as anyone can wish for on a summer day; it was the loveliest thing that had happened to Susan Brown in all her life. But that wasn't all; for just as they got to the cage-door the lovebird stretched out its beak, and picked a rose-pink fortune from the packet, and gave it to Susan. She couldn't believe it was true, but it was. She put the lovebird in the cage, and went back to her corner with her fortune in her hand. ************************* it was the loveliest thing that had happened to Susan Brown in all her life. But that wasn't allについて、 it was the loveliest thing that~のthatは関係代名詞ですか? it=to have a lovebird sitting on your fingerですか? that wasn't allはit wasn't allにはできないのでしょうか? 教えていただけると助かります。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 非言語伝達についての文章でしょうか。

Human beings learn to communicate with each other through nonlinguistic means as well as linguistic ones. All of us are familiare wih the saying, "it wasn't what he said; it was the way that he said" when , by using the word way , we mean something about the particular voice quality that was in evidence, or the set of shoulder, or the obvious tension in certain muscles. 第2文 の"it wasn't what he said; it was the way that he said" のところと by using the word way のところと that was in evidenceのところとthe set of shoulderのところがわかりません。わからないところだらけですが・・・おねがいします。

• 日本語に直してください。|ω・`)

日本語に直してください。|ω・`) (1)I wonder if it will rain tomorrow. (2)Many tourists visit Osaka , which is a busy city in Japan. (3)The bed l slept in wasn’t very comfortable. (4)As far as I’m concerned , it doesn’t matter what happens to them. (5)There is not much hope that these dogs are still alive. (6)While I was listening to music , the telephone rang suddenly. (7)Put the milk in the refrigerator so that it won’t spoil. (8)Dark as it was , the group managed to find its way to the hut.

• 訳せなくて困ってます;ェ;

作家のIris Murdockの一文がどうしても訳せなくて困ってます。 "She sat still and considered the matter. There was no point in being hasty. It was possible of course that while clearly admitting that she ought to give up her seat she might nevertheless simply not do so out of pure selfishness." 助けてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• so~that  such~thatの構文について

It was such good milk that~の文は It was so good milk that~だと誤りだと問題集の回答にあるのですがどうしてかわかりません。教えてください。

• 和訳問題

Human beings learn to communicate with each other through nonlinguistic means as well as linguistic ones. All of us are familiar with the saying, "It wasn't what he said; it was the way he said it" when, by using the word saying, we mean something about the particular voice quality that was in evidence, or the set of a shoulder, or the obvious tension in certain muscles. 1.早稲田大の問題ですが、何年度の何学部か分かりますでしょうか?(最近のものでなければ、どの有名問題集に載っているか) 2.It wasn't ~とit was~のIt(it)は何を指すのでしょうか? 3.when~はどのように訳せばよいのでしょうか? (これが自分にとって正直一番の問題です)whenは関係副詞(継続)「~そのとき・・・」という感じでは駄目でしょうか?(whenの前にカンマがありませんが) 4.the particular voice quality that was in evidenceのthatはthe~qualityを先行詞とする関係代名詞でよろしいのでしょうか? よろしくお願い致します。

• 文のつなぎ方

推理のようなかんじですが、 1「あれをしたのはあなたですね?」 2「なんでそれを・・・」 3「本当は~も~だったんじゃないですか?」を訳します。 It's you who did that,isn't it?(who have doneですか?) I wonder why you know that. ~ was really ~,wasn't it? なんでそれを・・は聞き流している感じなので、2が無くてもつながるように、1と3をつなげる接続詞を入れたいのですが、どうすればいいですか?

MF-SSU232GWH再起動で認識しない
このQ&Aのポイント
  • MF-SSU232GWHのUSBメモリーを再起動すると認識されない問題が発生しています。
  • Windows 11でMF-SSU232GWHのUSBメモリーを再起動すると、「USBデバイスが認識されません」というエラーメッセージが表示されます。
  • 再接続を行わないと、USBメモリーは正しく機能しない状態です。解決方法を教えてください。
回答を見る