• ベストアンサー

英語 代名詞

The company asked the bank to loan them some money to build a new shop themは何を指していますか? もしThe companyだとすれば何故itでは駄目なのでしょうか。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • _julius
  • ベストアンサー率46% (85/181)
回答No.2

>themは何を指していますか? The companyです。 >もしThe companyだとすれば何故itでは駄目なのでしょうか。 イギリス英語ではcompanyの名詞が単数形の場合でもそれを複数扱いします。 したがって,動詞や代名詞が複数形のそれになります。 アメリカ英語は通常通り単数扱いしますので, The company asked the bank to loan it some money to build a new shop. となります,

参考URL:
http://tottocobkhinata.cocolog-nifty.com/bizieizakkicho/2005/06/the_company_isw_99d0.html
tokuyak58
質問者

お礼

回答有難うございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

companyというのは、元来「仲間」という意味を持っています。もともと仲間内で儲けよう、というあたりから「会社」となったわけです。 ですから、Connell Brothers Companyみたいな、コネール兄弟会社ではこの兄弟仲間の会社ということですね。 ですから、companyが会社の意味であったとしても、それは人間の集まりでできている会社という意味なのです。ですからtheyで受けます。ちなみにenterprise (企業)はitで受けますね。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

tokuyak58
質問者

お礼

回答有難うございます。

関連するQ&A

• 会社 company 目的格 it vs them

SVO (1) I will send some items to the company. (2) I will send some items to them. (3) I will send some items to it. (3)は成立しますでしょうか?絶対ダメでしょうか? SVOO (1) I will send the company some merchandise. (2) I will send them some merchandise. (3) I will send it some merchandise. (3)は成立しますでしょうか?絶対ダメでしょうか? 会社 company を主語にするとき、 既出であれはThey または It を使います。 所有格もtheir または its を使います。 目的格がふと気になり、them は よく耳にするなぁ、it はどうだろう、、、と疑問に思った次第です。 アドバイス方、宜しくお願い申し上げます。

• 銀行は何を原資に国債を買っているんですか?

イングランド銀行の説明によれば、銀行は預金を貸し出してるわけではないそうです。 Money creation in the modern economy http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/quarterlybulletin/2014/qb14q102.pdf Money creation in practice differs from some popular misconceptions — banks do not act simply as intermediaries, lending out deposits that savers place with them, and nor do they ‘multiply up’ central bank money to create new loans and deposits. 信用創造は、世間に広まっている誤解とは実際には異なります。-銀行は単に仲介者として働くのではありません。 銀行は預金者の預金を貸し出してはいませんし、銀行が中央銀行のお金を「増幅」して新しい貸出と預金を創造しているのでもありません。 Commercial banks create money, in the form of bank deposits, by making new loans. When a bank makes a loan, for example to someone taking out a mortgage to buy a house, it does not typically do so by giving them thousands of pounds worth of banknotes. Instead, it credits their bank account with a bank deposit of the size of the mortgage. At that moment, new money is created. For this reason, some economists have referred to bank deposits as ‘fountain pen money’, created at the stroke of bankers’ pens when they approve loans. 商業銀行は、新しい貸出を行うことによって銀行預金の形でお金を創造します。銀行が貸出をする時、例えばある人が住宅を買うための住宅ローンを組んだとして、通常、千ポンド相当の紙幣を渡すようなことはしていません。その代わりに、銀行は住宅ローンの借入金額を住宅ローンを組んだ人の銀行口座に入金します。 この時に新しいお金が創造されます。このことから、一部の経済学者は銀行預金を「万年筆マネー」、ローンが承諾された際に、銀行の一筆でつくられる現金と呼んでいます。 この説明により、銀行は一切現金を動かさずに、貸出だけで新しいお金(預金)を創造していることになります。 では、銀行は銀行は何を原資に国債を買っているのか疑問が出てきました。 銀行は何を原資に国債を買っているんですか?

• 代名詞(急いでます)

代名詞の問題です。 自信のない問題です。 多いのですがどうかよろしくお願いします。 ・() of the students has to wear a uniform 1.Each 2.Every 3.All 4.Some ・I forgot to bring a pen. Please lend me (). 1.it 2.one 3.them 4.other ・The price of water is higher than () of beer in this country. 1.it 2.one 3.them 4.that ・Would you like () cup of coffee? 1.other 2.another 3.the other 4.the another ・This is not my bicycle but (). 1.somebody else 2.somebody's else 3.somebody else's 4.somebody elses' ・() present at the meeting were surprised at his appearance. 1.Any 2.Some 3.That 4.Those ・Some of the boys like baseball and () like soccer. 1.other 2.others 3.the other 4.another ・The Olympics are held () four yeras. 1.each 2.all 3.every 4.another ・I have two cars. One is made in Japan, and () is made in Germany. 1.other 2.another 3.the other 4.the another 訳もいただけたら嬉しいです。

• 3行の英文の和訳をお願いします。

すみませんが、こちらの英文の和訳をお願いします。 『I will also be leaving some of them for the company that is moving into our current space. The idea is NOT to open the boxes when we get to the new office. I am pretty exhausted but it will be over in another week.』

• 英語を日本語に変えてください。

An old woman appears and calls to them. The old woman says goodbye to them and goes away. A big dinner comes out of the box. I want to have some good wine with it. The husband and wife take the box to the king. The king hears their story and asks each of his three ministers for advice. What a great idea. 以上の7つの英文を日本語に変えてください。 全部答えてくれた人をベストアンサーにしたいと思います。

• theyが指すものが書いてない気がするのです

女: I need to send some money to my daughter in   Denver.Can you believe it ? She lost her   credit card . 男: Oh, that could be a big problem . it would be best to send her    an international money order. 女: Good idea. I heard they sell them at the post office . they sell them の them は an international money order ですよね。だけど they はありませんよね。 省略でしょうか、印刷ミスでしょうか?

• 英語文章問題

She asked him for ( A ) money, but he didn't have ( B ). この(    )に入る語句は A. some B. any でいいでしょうか?教えて下さい。お願いします。

• 英文和訳

The new vehicles were snapped up at such a rate to be found to build them faster. 上の英文の和訳をおねがいします。 such a rate 以降の構文の解説もよろしくお願いします。

• 英語の質問です!

1Can you give me (some advices/ an advice/some advice)? 2(Each/Some/Both) of them has their own ability. 3Can you go to the party tomorrow? -Sorry, but I can`t . I have (another/other/the other) things to do. 4I forget to bring my pen. Will you lend me (the other/one/it)? 5There was (a large/many/a few) audience in the stadium. ] 次の英文を日本語に直しなさい 1None of them agreed with me. 2The police were looking for his wallet then. お願いします。

• 英語の和訳の問題です。解答お願いします。

英語の和訳の問題です。解答お願いします。 1、A name is the first point of contact that a company has with the world,and it can be an effective marketing tool. a company has with the world の訳し方が分かりません。 2、Names are so important that some companies hire special naming firms that develop a list of names,test them at focus group,screen them to be sure they are available,and then trademark the final selections.  thatやコンマがどこにかかっているのかわからないです。 よろしくお願いします。