グローバル化と西洋の帝国主義

このQ&Aのポイント
  • グローバル化を西洋の帝国主義に過ぎないと捉えることは誤りです。
  • 西洋が東洋の影響に抵抗した歴史があったとすれば、同じようにグローバル化に対して抵抗することも誤りです。
  • グローバル化を捉える際には、西洋の帝国主義だけでなくさまざまな要素を考慮する必要があります。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

解答の和訳がよく分からない

次の→の所からがうまく訳せません。 To see globalization as merely Western imperialism of idea and beliefs would be a serious and costly,→in the same way that any European resistance to Eastern influence would have been at the beginning of the last millennium. 正答〕グローバル化を思想と信念による西洋の帝国主義に過ぎないとみなすとすれば、重大な手痛い誤りとなるであろう。 先の千年期の始まりに、東洋の影響にたいしてヨーロッパが抵抗していたとすればそうであったのと同じことである。 (1)(抵抗していたとすれば)という仮定部分はどこにあるのか。 (2)in the same way の訳し方 (3)文全体の構造、特に→以下の文 が分かりません。 わかる方よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Danniel
  • ベストアンサー率29% (90/302)
回答No.2

こんにちは。 文を簡単にすると To see globalization as xxx would be a serious and costly in the same way. (訳)グローバル化をxxxと見ることは、同様に大きな痛手となるかもしれない。 となります。 ここで訳を読むと「同様に」ってなんのこと?って思いますよね。 その内容はthat以下に出てきます。 英語は文の幹を先に言って、不足している情報を後から付け足していきます。 そう考えると読みやすいと思います。 that any European resistance to Eastern influence would have been at the beginning of the last millennium. (訳)1000年の初め、東洋の影響に対するヨーロッパの抵抗がもしあったとしたら、そうだった(のと同様に) となります。 would have beenは仮定法の結論の部分で、仮定の部分(もし~なら)は想像できるので省略されています。

質問者

お礼

結論部分に仮定的な要素が入ってるから省略ということもあるのですね! よく理解できました! 大変分かりやすい説明感謝します。ありがとうございました!!

その他の回答 (1)

• sporespore
  • ベストアンサー率30% (430/1408)
回答No.1

(1)(抵抗していたとすれば)という仮定部分はどこにあるのか。would have been (2)in the same way の訳し方 と同じように・・ (3)文全体の構造、特に→以下の文 1000年前にヨーロッパで起きたことが誤りであると同様に、現在の・・・も誤りである。 グローバル化を思想と信念に基づく西洋の帝国主義に過ぎないというのは大きな過ちであり大きな損失である。それは1000年前にヨーロッパが東洋の影響に対して示した抵抗が(大きな過ちであり大きな損失である)と言うことと何ら変わりない。 意味が解るように訳しました。

質問者

お礼

理解できました! わかりやすい説明本当に助かります。ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳がわかりません

Some theorists believe that globalization will lead to a convergence of values and beliefs as countries come together to form one mass society. という文があるのですが、theorist は「理論化」でいいのでしょうか? また、なんとなくは訳せるのですが、いったい具体的に何をいいたいのかよくわかりません。

• 和訳をお願いします。

11. What are some of the very different things between Japan and the US? 12. If you all of a sudden had to live in the US what would be a hard adjustment in terms of our cultural practices and beliefs? What would be hard about living the US?

• 和訳お願いします。

困ってます(>_<) お願いします。 another way to say get in touch with would be talk to. another way to say get in touch with would be stay away from. another way to say get in touch with would be remember and then forget. another way to say get in touch with would be connect with and undestand. According to the passage,which of the following is true about dreams? If you dream you're wearing no clothes, something embarrassing probably happened to you. If you dream you didn't study for a test, then you have nothing to worry about. another way to say look up to you would be are careful when they're with you. another way to say look up to you would be like to talk to you. another way to say look up to you would be think good things about you. another way to say look up to you would be dream about you. I have to finish this paper tonight! If I don't hand it in on time, I'll get a bad grade! I fell on the stairs, and everyone laughed at me! My life is great! I don't have any problems, and I'm really happy! Everyone else was wearing the right clothes. I just came in jeans and a T-shirt. The concert is in two days, and I haven't had much time to practice my violin.

• 和訳

自信がないのでどなたか教えて下さい Cooke put his summery of Franklin in this way,¨what makes him, after two centuries, not merely impressive but lovable is his absolute lack of arrogance and the steady goodness of his belief that in helping to create the American Republic he was founding a truer order of society. ¨ 長文ですがお願いします 「彼をつくったものは」の説明なんでしょうか?

• 和訳お願い致します。

In the same way,terror experts aren't sure about the magnitude and timing of AL Qacda's next strike .But it would be myopic to shrug that because there's uncertaity about the risks,we shouldn't act vigorously to confront them-yet that's our national policy toward climate change,and it's a disgrace.

• 変圧器に関する英文の和訳

変圧器に関する英文の和訳を自分なりにしたのですが、どうもうまくいかず 納得のいくものが出来上がりませんでした。詳しい方どうかご教示お願いいたします。 本文) It is derived from the actual circuit shown in Fig. 2.1 by converting all secondary values to primary terms, and recognizing that the magnetizing current and induced voltage are then common to both windings. In the circuit, R1 and R2 represent the resistances. and X1 and X2 the leakage reactances of the primary and secondary windings, both referred to primary terms. That is, if r2 is the measured ohmic resistance of the secondary winding, and a=N2/N1 is the effective ratio of secondary to primary turns, the ohmic value of R2 to use in the circuit is R2=r2/a2 . This relation is valid because (1) the product N1I1 must equal N2i2=aN1i2=N1I2, when the mmfs are equal and opposite, giving I2=ai2(i2 being the actual secondary current); and (2) the energy consumed in resistance losses (or stored in the leakage magnetic field) must be the same for the same mmf and the same coil dimensions independent of a, that is: (2.10) i2^2r2=(I2/a)^2 (a2R2)=I2^2R2.

• 英語の質問です。

Japanese call Russian cottage ダーチャ(dacha) in the same way of pronunciation as Russian and English. この文はロシア人に送ろうと私が作ったものですが、文法的にはどうでしょうか?(意味は通じると思いますので勉強のため) 特に「同じような発音の方法で」をin the same way of pronunciationにしたのですがこのような用法はあるでしょうか?英辞郎でin the same way ofを検索するとヒットしませんでした。

• 和訳していただけませんか?

下の文を和訳していただけませんか? In addition to improving existing products, nanotechnology is expected to enable people create raw materials and food from atoms and molecules. Today, manufacturers make goods from raw materials like wood, metal, and cotton and we eat fruits, vegetables, and grains that are grown on farms. One goal of nanotechnology is to create wood from atoms instead of cutting trees and to make vegetables by combining atoms that will grow and reproduce themselves in portable nanofactories called molecular synthesizers. Food synthesizers would enable us to create delicious foods in machines at home instead of growing them on farms. Therefore, far fewer raw materials would be necessary for our existence.

• ➋和訳お願いします

No expression is more ambiguous in identifityng the source of information. The same goes for kankeisha guiding people in line because it does not tell us how they related to the line. I would guess they are hired by the store, but the term seems to be a convenient way to imply authority without responsibility. 例えば一文目、情報源を確認することよりも曖昧な表現はない(?)と訳せたのですが、 訳しておいて、その意味が全然わかりません・・・・・・。

• 和訳 前文との接続

Galileo also helped to remove one of the obstructions to the idea of the rotation of the earth by the brilliant way in which he expounded the argument that if the earth rotated everything on the surface,including the air,would rotate with it,which would leave one with the impression of being at rest;just as everything moves together in the cabin of a moving ship,in such a way that you imagine it to be still. 上の文を和訳するとき、 in such a way 以下がどうしても日本語で上手く前文に接続できません。皆様ならどのように接続しますか。ご回答宜しくお願いします。