• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:恋愛での表現で英文に訳すにあたって質問します。)

恋愛での表現で英文に訳すにあたって質問します。

このQ&Aのポイント
  • あの二人、いつも曖昧だったけど、やっとちゃんと燃え上ってうまくいったみたい。
  • うまくいったとは、結ばれたことを意味します。
  • They have been always showing an ambivalent relationship, however their love started to kindle and they finally got together. 私の考えた英文ですと、堅苦しすぎるような気もします。いろんな方のご意見、ご指摘など頂ければ嬉しいです。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sporespore
  • ベストアンサー率30% (430/1408)
回答No.1

They have been having unsteady relationship but finally went steady.

kokoro0429
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。steadyを使うと、分かりやすい英語になりますね。参考になりました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• miknnik
  • ベストアンサー率48% (249/513)
回答No.2

日本語と比べると堅苦し過ぎる英訳と思われるのでしたら: Those two have been noncommittal about their relationship (or, future together), but lately, they seem to be an item and really into each other. とか言えると思います。勿論他にも色々な表現はできますが。Into something/someone というのは「夢中になる」くらいの意味ですが、趣味にも恋愛の相手にも使え、メールで恋人にさよならする時に冷たく I'm not really into you 等とメッセージを送る輩もいるそうです。Item はカップルの意味ですが、これはゴシップ欄等で良く使われる単語です。その他にも「曖昧な関係」ではありませんが、on-again, off-again relationshipというのもあり、これはくっついたり離れたりの意味です。

kokoro0429
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。曖昧な・・・にはいろんな表現があるのですね。色々教えて頂き、とても参考になりました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文、どちらが伝わりやすい?

英文、どちらが伝わりやすい? ・love you forever, I'm always together ・I love you, forever with you. 永遠にあなたを愛しています、ずっと一緒だよ。 ということを伝えたいのですが、一般的には後者が使われますが、そのまま訳したら上の方ですかね。。 どちらが伝わりやすいでしょうか?

• 英文の構造と訳を教えてください

ドナルド・キーン の「JAPANESE LITERATURE」からの英文です。(INTRODUCTION) In such works the Japanese have been happiest, able as they are in them to give us their inimitable descriptions of nature, and their delicate emotional responses, without the necessity of a formal plot. この英文はhave been able to give us~とつながるのでしょうか? そうなるとas they are in them は挿入句ですか? ここの訳は、 彼らがそれら(works)の中にいるように、ですか?

• 英文添削をお願いします。

下記センテンスに、”長年懸案の新工場建設の願いがかない”という英文を入れたいのですが、どのように作文すればよいでしょうか。 Please note that our new factory had been completed and started an operation on December 1st, 2006 as scheduled with your cooperation. よろしくお願いします。

• drift

I have an acquaintance with a child my son’s age. They played together in preschool and kindergarten and she and I were friendly. But her son was not always a good playmate for mine, so we started drifting a bit. we started drifting a bit.はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• この英文が正しいかおしえてください(*´ェ`*)

外国人のお友達に、 what do you think is the most important ingredient in a relationship? と聞かれて、 考えた英文です。 間違っているところや、もっといい表現があればおしえてください。 あと、この英文全体の話なのですが、 私は三つthe most important ingredient in a relationshipをあげたのですが、 何度もthe most important ingredient in a relationshipとしか書けなかったので、 それはどう英語で表現したらいいのかおしえてほしいです。 また、私は、何度もeach otherを使っています。 それも何だか不自然というか、英語が下手な感じがするのは分かるのですが、 どうしたらいいか分かりませんでした。 そこもおしえて頂きたいです。 よろしくお願いいたします。 (1) i think that one of the most important ingredient in a relationship is respecting each other. 恋愛関係において最も大切なことの一つはお互いを尊重することだと思います。 (2) because respecting each other is to know our good things and bad things. なぜならお互いを尊重することはお互いのいいところわるいところを知ることが出来るからです。 (3) Secondly, one of the important ingredient in a relationship is helping each other. また、お互いを助け合うことも大切です。 (4) When he or she in a trouble, they need empathically giving advices. 彼または彼女が困難にあったとき、親身になってアドバイスをすることが必要です。 (5) Finally, one of the important ingredient in a relationship is loving each other. 最後に愛し合うことが大切だと思います。 日本語もおかしいですよね・・・。 どうまとめればいいか分からなくて・・・。 どうかよいアドバイスをお願いいたします。

• 英文和訳について

「次の英文の面白いところを要点を分かり易く、英語で説明しなさい。」という問題がテストに出るそうなのですが、どのように答えれば完璧でしょうか。できるだけ簡単によろしくお願いします。 A Canadian couple took a trip to Japan. They had studied Japanese in Canada before starting on their trip. On their first night in Tokyo, they went to a sushi shop. When they finished eating, the husband tried to use Japanese and asked, “Ikura?’’ meaning "How much is it?'' The cook at the counter shouted loudly, "Ikura for two!'' Beautiful Ikura-zushi was immediately placed in front of the amazed Canadians. The man was disappointed. He changed from Japanese to English, and again asked for their bill, "How much?'' Do you think they got the bill? No. This time they got Hamachi-zushi!

• 英文の邦訳

Knowing does not in general depend on print, and if early modern farmers, carpenters, butchers, and smiths had been as industrious about describing their work as they were while doing it they could have filled volumes, just as our researchers do now. 上記英文を御訳し願います。

• 英文について

下記の英文について2点わからないことがあるので質問させてください。 【英文】 They(※1)talked about my low birth. This was amusing coming from the apprentices, the seamstresses and the watermen. They passed over the fact that I was of Howard blood - one of the highest families in the land. I was of tradesmen's stock, they said. It had always been amazing to me that the lower orders hate to see someone rise in life. Though humbly born themselves, they cannot bear to see one whom they consider to be of their kind rise to greatness. It was the same with Wolsey(※2). One would have thought they would have been delighted, and see in such a rise a chance for themselves. ※1 Theyは民衆を表します。 ※2 Wolseyは宰相です。父親は肉屋をしていたと噂され民衆の間ではもともとは身分の低い者とみなされていました。 【場面】 舞台はイギリスです。主人公は女性でその見た目の美しさと機知によって王様から寵愛を受けていましたが、民衆からは王様と釣り合うほどの身分ではないと非難されていた頃を回想している場面です。 【質問】 coming from the apprentices, the seamstresses and the watermenの文法的な役割をお教えください。coming以降は分詞構文で意味上の主語はthey(=民衆)でしょうか。また、文章の末尾にsee in such a rise a chance for themselvesとありますが、意味的にも(「そのような躍進の中で彼ら自身の機会を見るものだ」?)文法的にも(なぜseenではなく現在形が使われているのか)よくわかりません。 大変お手数かけますが、ご教授いただければ幸いです。なにとぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Indeed, if the Anzac Mounted Division had succeeded in getting round the flank without infantry support, they would have been faced with vastly superior forces and could have been annihilated. It has been suggested that an opportunity was lost on 5 August to encircle and capture the invading Austrian, German and Ottoman force when it was allowed to withdraw to Katia. The infantry's difficulties regarding the supply of water and camel transport combined with their lack of desert training, together with Lawrence's confusing orders for infantry in the 52nd (Lowland) Division to move south and east, stopped them from promptly advancing to cut off the retreating force in the early hours of the second day's battle.

• 英文についての質問

Does pure democracy protect the rights of the people? という質問があります。 A pure democracy is not always protective of the rights of minorities. A study of direct democracy in California found that while voters only approved of one-third of all policy issues put to a vote of the people, they approved more than three-quarters of the ones that restricted civil rights.21 Constitutionally-based liberal democracy sets limits on the authority of the voters and their representatives in an effort to ensure continued political and civil equality of all citizens. (純粋民主主義は、少数民族の権利を常に保護しているわけではありません。カリフォルニアの直接民主主義に関する研究は、すべての政策問題の3分の1を承認した有権者だけが民衆の投票権を得ていたが、(実際は?)民権を4分の3以上も制限し、承認したことが判明した。憲法に基づく自由主義民主主義はすべての国民の政治的、市民的平等を継続的に確保するために、有権者とその代表者の権限を制限しています。) この質問に対する答えとして、上の英文から No, pure democracy doesn't always protect the rights of the people. It sets limits on the authority of the voters and their representatives.  でいいでしょうか? ただ回答の2文目は「Constitutionally-based liberal democracy sets~」を元に作成しました。 これはliberal democracyのことであってpure democracyのことではないのでしょうか? 回答は、単純にNo, pure democracy doesn't always protect the rights of the people. だけで問題ないでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。