ヘップバーンの戦争体験からの教え:国々の戦争を子供たちから守る使命感

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ヘップバーンは子供たちも守りたかった国たちの戦争から
  • 彼女は戦争や飢えを経験した子供たちの苦しみを知っていた
  • 彼女はユニセフの意味するものは子供なのだと知った
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語教えてください

because of her war experience as a child   asがちょうしに乗ってます どう訳せば? hepburn wanted to protect children in countries at war ヘップバーンは子供たちも守りたかった 国たちの戦争から     それっぽいけど in countries at war の部分があやふやです 教えてください she felt that working for children was her mission  なんというか ing とか 訳とかわかりません They were suffering from war and hunger    彼らは戦争や飢えを経験している   当たっている?  Because she received food and medicine from UNICEF after world war2 なぜなら 彼女は食べ物や治療などをユニセフから与えた 第二次世界大戦後    fromの使い方がわかりません  上と続いています ,she knew what UNICEF meant to children 彼女はユニセフの意味するものは子供なのだと知った      絶対間違ってる自信があります 意味がわからない完璧に分からない

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

because of her war experience as a child war がありますので,「子供の頃の彼女の戦争経験のために」 でした。 Because she received food and medicine from UNICEF after World War II, she knew what UNICEF meant to children. 「彼女は~受け取ったので,~がわかった」 ここでは「受け取ったことで」の方が日本語らしいかもしれません。 Because I was tired, I went to bed early. 「疲れていたので早く寝た」 I went to bed early because I was tired. これも「疲れていたので早く寝た」 I went to early, because I was tired. コンマがあれば 「私は早く寝た,なぜなら疲れていたから」 前から訳すのもいいですが,とにかく,because の後が「~だから」という理由。 Because A, B. とあれば,「A なので,B」 これを「なぜならば A で B なのである」とする高校生が多いんですね。 「なぜなら」で初めてしまうと,「A なので,」と切りにくい。 B まで「B だから」とするとよくないんです。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

as a child で「子供の時」「子供の頃」,ここでは experience にかかって「子供の頃の経験」 子供の頃の経験のせいで at war で「戦争中で」,ここではやはり countries にかかって「戦争中の国」 ヘップバーンは戦争中の国々の子供たちを守りたかった。 working は動名詞「~すること」 子供たちのために働くことが彼女の使命だと感じた。 ほぼいいですが,「~で苦しんでいる」の方がいいかも。 from は「~から」でいいです。receive は「与える」でなく,「受ける」 テニスやバレーのレシーブです。 第二次世界大戦後,ユニセフから食糧や薬を受け取ったので~ でコンマ以下とつながります。 Because A, B. で「A なので,B」「A だから B」 文頭の because はいきなり「なぜなら」とするのはお勧めしません。 ユニセフが子供たちにとって何を意味するのかがわかった。 ユニセフが子供たちにとって意味することがわかった。 「~すること」というのは高校レベルになるので,「何を意味するのか」 でいいでしょう。中3で習う間接疑問文です。

回答No.1

because of her war experience as a child    >asがちょうしに乗ってます という意味が分からないけど(^^; この文は、 以下のように区切られます because of /her war experience/ as a child   のせいで/彼女の戦争体験/子供として つまり、「彼女は子供時代に戦争を体験しているせいで」、 hepburn wanted to protect children in countries at war  atは、のさなかにある、というニュアンス。 at war 戦争状態にある、ということ。 つまり、「ヘプバーンは戦争中の国の子供たちを守りたかった」 she felt that working for children was her mission   ingをtoに変えたらわかるかしら? to work for chiledren/ was her mission 「彼女は、子供たちのために働くことが自分の使命だと感じた」 They were suffering from war and hunger    惜しいね。 suffer from は、~を患う、とか~に苦しむという慣用句。 つまり「彼らは戦争や飢に苦しんでいる」が正解  Because she received food and medicine from UNICEF after world war2 なぜなら 彼女は食べ物や治療などをユニセフから与えた 第二次世界大戦後    fromの使い方がわかりません fromの理解は”ユニセフから”であっているよ。 receiveは与えた、のではなくて、受取った。 「なぜなら 彼女は 第二次世界大戦後食べ物や治療などをユニセフから受取った」 ,she knew what UNICEF meant to children what A mean to Bで、BにとってAは意味がある、有意義である。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の得意な方、和訳お願いします!

Like most Japanese junior high school students,you come to school every day and go home after school. These are activities that are natural for you. But many children in other countries cannot go to school. They cannot spend time at their homes. These children may live in countries at war,and they suffer. They are treated unfairly,and they suffer. Because and homes behind. These children are refugees.

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

My mother came in from the pantry with a steaming pot in her hand. She stopped midway between the table and the fire, feeling the tension flowing through the room. She followed their stare and saw me in the corner. Her eyes looked from my face down to my foot, with the chalk gripped between my toes. She put down the pot. Then she crossed over to me and knelt down beside me, as she had done so many times before. "I'll show you what to do with it, Chris," she said, very slowly and in a queer, choked way, her face flushed as if with some inner excitement. Taking another piece of chalk from Mona, she hesitated, then very deliberately drew, on the floor in front of me, the single letter "A." "Copy that," she said, looking steadily at me. "Copy it, Chris." I couldn't.

• 英文がわかりません。

We walked round the new concrete verge of the old lake, and she continued the story of how she was led to give up general medical practice and take up psychology; and I looked at her as she spoke, through my dark glasses, and because of the softening effect these have upon things I saw her again as I had seen her looking up from the lake, and again as in my childhood. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 because of the softening effect these have upon things I saw her again as I had seen her looking up from the lake, and again as in my childhood.の英文がわからないのですが、 ●as I had seen her looking up from the lakeのasと as in my childhoodのasは、 「~のように」ですか? ●この英文は どのような構造になっているのでしょうか? because of the softening effect 、軟化効果のために、という出だしはわかるのですが。 前文は  "Must you wear those glasses?"  "Well, yes. The glare."  "The wearing of dark glasses," she said, "is a modern psychological phenomenon. It signifies the trend towards impersonalization, the weapon of the modern Inquisitor, it--"  "There's a lot in what you say." But I did not remove my glasses, for I had not asked for her company in the first place, and there is a limit to what one can listen to with the naked eye. となっています。 教えてください。 お願いします。

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

Because there is no national religion and because citizens come from so many different backgrounds and origins, schools in the United States have been the chief institution thorough which a common national interest has been shared and a common culture developed. During the 1800s and early 1900s, when millions of people from many countries around the world came to the United States, schools were an important part in "Americanizing" the children, and through them the parents, too.

• 英語を日本語に訳してください!お願いします!

tokyo-born 【名前】 may just be graduating from her architecture degree course from Toyko University, but she has already won several awards for her work, and which name her one of the best graduates in Japan. She was awarded a residential design prize in 2008 for her ‘●●●’ composition for multi-family living, while she also won the highest design award at her university the year before that for her coursework. She considers her award-winning design for an apartment complex as her best work so far, even though she is looking forward to more independent work soon after her official graduation. Her dream job would be with ○○○’s practice and her tutor △△△ counts among her main design influences.

• 英語の長文の和訳をお願いします。

途中、(A)(B)がでてきますが、そこにはHowever,In fact,On the contrary,As a matter of courseのどれかがはいります。;とかでてくるので訳す順番など悩みます。極端に意訳ではなく、文法、熟語など大事なところを押さえつつ自然な文に訳してもらえると助かります。多くの回答、お待ちしています。  When couples get married they usually plan to have children.Sometimes,houever,a couple cannot have a child of their own.In the case,they may deside to adopt a child.(A),adoption is very common today.There are about sixty thousand adptions each year in the U.S.alone.Some people prefer to adopt infants;others adopt older children.Spme couples adopt children from their own countries;others adopt children from foreigh countries.Some people adopt children of their same rase,white,black,Asian;others adopt children of different races.In any case,they all adopt children for the same reason:they care about children,and want to give their adopted child a happy life.This includes a comfortable home,a loving family,and a good education.  Most adopted children know that they are adopted.However,many adopted children,or(B),have very little imformation about their biological mother and father.As a matter of fact,it is often very difficult for adoptees are usually not made public.The information is confidential,so no one can see it.This protects both adoptees and their natural parents.  Naturally,adopted children have different feelings about their birth parents.  Many adoptees want to search for them,but others do not.Jake,13,was adopted when he was only two and a half months old.He says,“I don´t think I´ll ever search for my birth mother.I might want to get some more facts,but I don´t feel I really want to go look.Maybe she would be awful and I´d just be disappointed.”Carla,who is 12,was adopted when she was four years old.Her adoptive parents also adopted another little girl.Carla says,“Sometimes my sister and I will talk.She says she doesn´t want to look for her birth mother,but I have mixed feelings.Sometimes I feel I want to look for her―but sometimes I don´t want to look for her at all because I´m scared of finding out what her reactions would be.I worry that she´ll have a whole new life and I would just be interfering with that new life.”Sue,who is 13,was adopted when she was a baby.She says,“I think adopted kids should be allowed to search whenever they´re ready.They need to know where they come from and what their medical history is.As soon as I searched and found the information I was looking for,I felt more worthwhile in the world.Beforehand,a part of me had always been missing.” 

• 英語教科書の和訳です

英語教科書の和訳です。 一部分だけなので、文章の流れがよくわかりません。 A young man, a long scarf twisted around his neck, was standing outside the Curzon cinema, his muscular body supported on an umbrella that seemed on the point of snapping beneath his weight. It was not the young man seen in the train that evening but this one, too, had gazed at her on some occasion in the recent past, though she could not remember when or where. Now, too, he gazed at her as she passed: first at her legs, then at her face, then at her breast. Should she stop, making the photographs on display outside the cinema her excuse? For a moment she did so; and as she paused, the man himself straightened and began to wander over. But then, with a shake, she hurried on. Surprised, she realized that so far from this possible encounter filling her excitement, it had caused in her a jolting kind of strong disgust. 1. 最後の文ですが、 驚いたことに、この偶然の出会いが彼女の興奮を満たすよりむしろ、衝撃的な嫌悪感を彼女の中に引き起こした。 というような訳になるのでしょうか。 日本語らしくするのは、どのような訳がよいのでしょうか。 2. 構文は分詞構文でしょうか。 3. she realized that ~ ~を思い出した、でしょうか。 4. Should she stop, making the photographs on display outside the cinema her excuse? の訳は、写真を撮ることを言い訳にして、彼女は止めさせるべきでしょうか。 となるのでしょうか。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語の得意な方、和訳お願いします!4

At the UN,Ogata worked for refugees. She did this not because she felt sorry for them. She did this because she believe that every person has basic human rights. She believes in the dignity of every person. Let's think about the words she has said about the human rights of children. All the children in the word have the same basic human rights. They have the right to live with their families,the right to go to school in peace,and the right to grow up in safety.

• 次の文を日本語訳してください

この文章を日本語訳してください>< 本当に困ってます、おねがいします! Outaka Yoshiko, as she is known today, has surely enjoyed a long and interesting life. She might best be remembered for her three terms in the Japanese Diet as an active representative. She is remembered by many for her brave service as a political reporter in Palestine and other troubled areas in the world in the 1960s. there was much more, however, to this fascinating woman’s life. She was born in Manchuria, China, in 1920, and grew up using the name Li Xianglan, though both of her parents ware Japanese. Because she was troubled by tuberculosis as a child, she took singing lessons from a Russian man who had escaped the revolution 20 years earlier. She was very talented and became a coloratura soprano. This led to a career as an actress for the attractive young woman. In 1938, she made her debut in a film called Honeymoon Express, and then starred in a famous film called Shanghai Nights. In fact, no one knew that she was Japanese; she was thought to be Chinese. She was seen as a multi-lingual, talented Chinese actress. At the end of World War 2, however, she ran into trouble. She was nearly executed by the Chinese government for treason but she narrowly escaped and returned to Japan. In Japan, she continued her singing and acting career under a new name: Yoshiko Yamaguchi. Several years later, the celebrated actress got married to a famous person: the architect, Isamu Noguchi. The two lived happily in Kamakura, where he worked furiously and she built her acting career. She starred in films abroad as well as at home. For example, she was the leading actress in Japanese War Bride, but using a third name, Shirley Yamaguchi, as she was known in America.Sadly, the couple’s demanding careers caused their marriage to fall apart.

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I was in the cafe by the north entrance to the station, reading my paper and having a coffee .I had an appointment with a client nearby and I was killing time because I'd arrived half an hour early.I suddenly heard a terrible shout, and when I looked out of the window,I saw that a woman was in the middle of the crossing. I assumed she'd fallen off her bicycle because it was lying on the tracks and all her shopping had come out of her basket.People were calling out to her from the road.Some were telling her to stay put and others were telling her to get off the crossing. She didn't seem to know what to do.She just say there.One of the waiters in the cafe saw this and ran out to get her.