• 締切済み

英語の長文の和訳をお願いします。

途中、(A)(B)がでてきますが、そこにはHowever,In fact,On the contrary,As a matter of courseのどれかがはいります。;とかでてくるので訳す順番など悩みます。極端に意訳ではなく、文法、熟語など大事なところを押さえつつ自然な文に訳してもらえると助かります。多くの回答、お待ちしています。  When couples get married they usually plan to have children.Sometimes,houever,a couple cannot have a child of their own.In the case,they may deside to adopt a child.(A),adoption is very common today.There are about sixty thousand adptions each year in the U.S.alone.Some people prefer to adopt infants;others adopt older children.Spme couples adopt children from their own countries;others adopt children from foreigh countries.Some people adopt children of their same rase,white,black,Asian;others adopt children of different races.In any case,they all adopt children for the same reason:they care about children,and want to give their adopted child a happy life.This includes a comfortable home,a loving family,and a good education.  Most adopted children know that they are adopted.However,many adopted children,or(B),have very little imformation about their biological mother and father.As a matter of fact,it is often very difficult for adoptees are usually not made public.The information is confidential,so no one can see it.This protects both adoptees and their natural parents.  Naturally,adopted children have different feelings about their birth parents.  Many adoptees want to search for them,but others do not.Jake,13,was adopted when he was only two and a half months old.He says,“I don´t think I´ll ever search for my birth mother.I might want to get some more facts,but I don´t feel I really want to go look.Maybe she would be awful and I´d just be disappointed.”Carla,who is 12,was adopted when she was four years old.Her adoptive parents also adopted another little girl.Carla says,“Sometimes my sister and I will talk.She says she doesn´t want to look for her birth mother,but I have mixed feelings.Sometimes I feel I want to look for her―but sometimes I don´t want to look for her at all because I´m scared of finding out what her reactions would be.I worry that she´ll have a whole new life and I would just be interfering with that new life.”Sue,who is 13,was adopted when she was a baby.She says,“I think adopted kids should be allowed to search whenever they´re ready.They need to know where they come from and what their medical history is.As soon as I searched and found the information I was looking for,I felt more worthwhile in the world.Beforehand,a part of me had always been missing.” 

• u-ch
  • お礼率58% (20/34)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

男女が結婚すると、たいてい子供を作ることを計画します。 しかし、夫婦に彼ら自身の子供ができない時もあります。 その場合、彼らは、養子をもらうことを決心します。 (A) In fact 実際、養子を採ることは今日ではとても一般的です。 アメリカだけで、毎年、約60,000件の養子縁組があります。 幼児を養子にするのを好む人もいれば、大きくなった子供を養子にする人もいます。 自国の子供を養子にする夫婦もいれば、外国の子供を養子にする夫婦もいます。 白人、黒人、アジア人と言った様な、自分たちと同じ人種の子供を養子にする人もいれば、違った人種の子供を養子にする人もいます。 いずれにしても、彼らは、同じ理由で子供を養子にします:彼らは子供の世話をして、養子にした子供に幸せな人生を与えたいと思うのです。 このことは、快適な家庭、愛のある家族、良い教育を含んでいます。 ほとんどの子供たちは、自分たちが養子であることを知っています。 (B) as a matter of course しかし、多くの養子になった子供たちは、あるいは、当然のことながら、彼らの実の(生物学的な)母親や父親の情報をほとんど持っていません。 実際、それは、しばしばとても困難です、と言うのは、養子はたいてい公表されないからです。 情報は秘密です。それで、誰にもそれはわかりません。 これは、養子と実の親の両方を守ります。 当然、養子になった子供は、彼らの実の親について異なる感情を持ちます。 多くの養子になった子供が、彼ら(実の親)を探したいと思います、しかし、そうでない子供もいます。 ジェイク(13歳)は、彼が生後わずか2ヶ月半の時に養子にされました。 彼は言います、「僕は、実の母を探そうとは思いません。 いくつかもっと事実が得られるかもしれません、しかし、僕は、本当に調べたいとは感じていません。 もしかすると、彼女(実母)はひどいかもしれません、そしたら、僕は、がっかりするでしょう。」 カ―ラ(12歳)は、彼女が4歳の時に養女になりました。 彼女を養子にした両親は、またもう一人小さな女の子を養女にしました。 カ―ラは言います、「時々、私の妹と私は、話します。 彼女は、実の母親を探したくないと言いますが、私は、入り混じった感情を持っています。 私は、彼女(実母)を探したいと思う時もあれば、-しかし、彼女を全く探したくない時もあります。と言うのは、彼女の反応がどういった物になるのか、私は知るのが怖いのです。 彼女(実母)は、まったく新しい生活をしているでしょうし、私が、その新しい生活の邪魔になるのではと心配なのです。」 スー(13歳)は、彼女が赤ちゃんの時に養子になりました。 彼女は言います、「養子の子供は、自分がしたいと思った時はいつでも、探すことを許されるべきだと思います。 彼らは、自分の出生と、自分の医療履歴がどんなものかを知る必要があるのです。私が探して、自分が探していた情報がわかった途端、私は、自分が世の中でもっと価値があるのだと感じました。 以前は、私の一部は常に不明でした。」

関連するQ&A

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

When things go wrong, I urge you to stop thinking about yourself. If you look around, you will see that everybody has disappointments, often far worse than yours. Watch and study how other women and men cope with disappointments. Many face their problems with courage and determination. Their example can inspire you to find the strength to react.  I would like to share with you the moving story of a young woman who courageously overcome the stress caused by a terrible burn accident. This young woman was a talented and successful ballerina. Dancing gave meaning to her life. Whenever she danced, she communicated the joy in her heart and the inspiration in her soul to the people who watched.  One Christmas day when she was preparing a special dinner for family, her dress caught fire. Within second, she became a human torch. The flames burned so quickly and cruelly into her flesh that she was mad with pain. She would have died if her father had not heard scream. He laced kitchen, threw himself on top of her, and put out the fire with his own body.

• 和訳してください。

英語に詳しい方、翻訳機を使わずに和訳してください。 細かい部分がよく理解できません。 I trying to convince her that she didn't need to ask me for everything, that I wasn't always right about everything, that she should speak up and stand up for herself and argue with me when I had the wrong idea... but she just didn't want to learn. Deep down inside, I discovered, she was the sort of woman who wanted a strong man to dominate her, whom she could lean on and rely on for anything she needed. She wanted to feel safe and taken care of. I don't think that's a bad thing on its own... but over those years I started to become a man I don't want to be: arrogant, controlling, overconfident. Like I couldn't help but enjoy all that power she was always giving me. But I don't want to be that man. And I don't want to live that relationship. I *have* to be able to grow, to learn, to always be taking life as a new lesson, but how can I do that if I'm never wrong about anything? It was too tempting, and it made me a darker person. So, though I loved her very much and it tore my heart to do it, I had to end our relationship. I was not the man she was looking for, even though she wanted me to be. And she was not the woman I have been looking for, even though I desperately loved her beauty and inner light

• 英語の長文、和訳お願いします

I remember a lesson I learned from my dad on a warm spring day many years ago in northern Minnesota. As we fished for tront on the Prairie River, my attention was drawn to a flight of geese heading north to their summer home in Canada. My youthful curiosity aroused, I asked my dad why the geese were flying in a "V" formation. He said geese fly in formation because they can travel up to 30 percent faster in formation than if they fly individually. Each goose was flying independently, and yet they were all flying together. The formation's structure gave them the extra speed. The formation also meant that there was always a goose that led the entire group. They also knew where they were going. They had a goalーtheir summer home in Canada. You have never heard of a flight of geese giving up and stopping in Kansas. They also reach their goal.

• かなり長文なんですが・・・。

かなり長くなってしまっていますが、和訳を教えて下さい!お願いします。 Of the two children, the girl showed particular fortitude:aithough she dragged her feet as she walked, she kept up her spirits and tired as best she could not to show her mother or brother how tired she was, and occasionally she would remaind herself to maintain a more resilient step. If the four had been making a pilgrinage to some nearby temple, their appearance would not have been extraordinary, but with their walking sticks and bamboo hats, which added a certain gallant note to their appearance, the group drew every passerby`s curiosity and even sympathy. だいぶ長くなっていて大変申し訳ないのですが、ぜひ教えていただきたいです。

• 長文ですが和訳していただけると嬉しいです。

The mother-of-two, who has been married to The Cars frontman Ric Ocasek since 1989, revealed that while the medication helped at first, she became increasingly numb to the world around her, describing how it affected everything from her ability to form opinions to her sex drive. Likening it to 'emotional Botox', she wrote: 'I found I had no need to actually say anything. This, for a writer, is akin to a cook who has no appetite... I no longer bothered to fight with my girlfriends, or husband. 'I could just shrug and walk away from situations that previously had me in endless knots analyzing and discussing.' On making love to her husband, she continued: 'It felt as though I was being touched through a barrier, or, in this instance, a thick and cumbersome rug. 'After a while, it seemed like being intimate was just too much work for too little pay.' Ms Porizkova says she knew she had a problem when she began to feel guilty about her habit, sometimes even finding her herself lying about her dependence. 'I had just started taking it, and this reaction was exactly what I had feared. I was judged crazy. Unstable.' She tells how it took three weeks to wean herself off the medication - and life without is something she is still learning to adjust to. 'The weaning was predictably unpleasant,' she wrote. 'Three weeks of being tired and shaky from wrangling with awful dreams. 'At one point, I found myself on a girls' night out and discovered all eight of us were on antidepressants' 'And then anxiety came creeping back: the clamminess, the suddenly speeding heart, the heat flashes, the disorientation. 'But this time, I also became aware of something I may have previously neglected... with my career at crossroads, my children no longer needing me every minute and my face and body beginning to cave under the demands of gravity, I had something to be a little down about.' In lieu of medication she turned to exercise, upping her routine to include daily workouts. 'I could finally understand the drug addicts who had cleaned up but wrestled with the urge to use every day,' she explained. Ms Porizkova says that years of misery, soul-searching and learning have since helped her to come to terms with her problems. She wrote: 'I am on some sort of an accelerated life comprehension program I didn't sign up for, but nevertheless must process.' But, she realised, she is not alone. As she came clean about her problems with Lexapro, she found more and more women were suffering from similar plights. 'As I got braver and dared to speak more openly about what I perceived as a terrible weakness, my girlfriends, one by one, stepped up and admitted that they were also on antidepressants,' she revealed. 'At one point, I found myself at a girls' night out dinner and discovered all eight of us were on assorted antidepressants...The reasons were diverse, but what we had in common were our age ranges and being married with children. 'Was this the female equivalent of a male midlife crisis - Botox and antidepressants instead of the fast car and young chick? ... I'm starting to wonder whether antidepressants can often be the emotional equivalent of plastic surgery.' She concedes that there is a place for antidepressants and she is not an anti-medicine crusader. But medication should not be treated as a shortcut. 'There must be a large percentage of people for whom an antidepressant makes the difference between life and death, or at the very least, the difference between a life worth living and a life to be endured. 'But I also think that those who try to take the shortcuts - the pill to lose weight, the pill to be happy, the pill to be smart, to sleep, to be awake, are just running up their tab. And there may not be a pill when you're presented with the bill. Which you will.'

• 長文ですが和訳いただけると嬉しいです。

1) The mother-of-two, who has been married to The Cars frontman Ric Ocasek since 1989, revealed that while the medication helped at first, she became increasingly numb to the world around her, describing how it affected everything from her ability to form opinions to her sex drive. 2) Likening it to 'emotional Botox', she wrote: 'I found I had no need to actually say anything. This, for a writer, is akin to a cook who has no appetite... I no longer bothered to fight with my girlfriends, or husband. 'I could just shrug and walk away from situations that previously had me in endless knots analyzing and discussing.' 3) On making love to her husband, she continued: 'It felt as though I was being touched through a barrier, or, in this instance, a thick and cumbersome rug. 'After a while, it seemed like being intimate was just too much work for too little pay.' 4) Ms Porizkova says she knew she had a problem when she began to feel guilty about her habit, sometimes even finding her herself lying about her dependence. 'I had just started taking it, and this reaction was exactly what I had feared. I was judged crazy. Unstable.' 5) She tells how it took three weeks to wean herself off the medication - and life without is something she is still learning to adjust to. 'The weaning was predictably unpleasant,' she wrote. 'Three weeks of being tired and shaky from wrangling with awful dreams. 'At one point, I found myself on a girls' night out and discovered all eight of us were on antidepressants' 6) 'And then anxiety came creeping back: the clamminess, the suddenly speeding heart, the heat flashes, the disorientation. 7) 'But this time, I also became aware of something I may have previously neglected... with my career at crossroads, my children no longer needing me every minute and my face and body beginning to cave under the demands of gravity, I had something to be a little down about.' 8) In lieu of medication she turned to exercise, upping her routine to include daily workouts. 'I could finally understand the drug addicts who had cleaned up but wrestled with the urge to use every day,' she explained. 9) Ms Porizkova says that years of misery, soul-searching and learning have since helped her to come to terms with her problems. She wrote: 'I am on some sort of an accelerated life comprehension program I didn't sign up for, but nevertheless must process.' 10) But, she realised, she is not alone. As she came clean about her problems with Lexapro, she found more and more women were suffering from similar plights. 'As I got braver and dared to speak more openly about what I perceived as a terrible weakness, my girlfriends, one by one, stepped up and admitted that they were also on antidepressants,' she revealed. 11) 'At one point, I found myself at a girls' night out dinner and discovered all eight of us were on assorted antidepressants...The reasons were diverse, but what we had in common were our age ranges and being married with children. 12) 'Was this the female equivalent of a male midlife crisis - Botox and antidepressants instead of the fast car and young chick? ... I'm starting to wonder whether antidepressants can often be the emotional equivalent of plastic surgery.' 13) She concedes that there is a place for antidepressants and she is not an anti-medicine crusader. But medication should not be treated as a shortcut. 'There must be a large percentage of people for whom an antidepressant makes the difference between life and death, or at the very least, the difference between a life worth living and a life to be endured. 14) 'But I also think that those who try to take the shortcuts - the pill to lose weight, the pill to be happy, the pill to be smart, to sleep, to be awake, are just running up their tab. And there may not be a pill when you're presented with the bill. Which you will.' 不安障害になり、薬物依存になったことなどを 述べているのだと少しは分かりましたが よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語 長文の和訳を教えてください。

they believed that if they could teach the japanese to adopt the best of american culture and create an american democracy in asia, japan would become a better country and the world a safer place. japan was given a new constitution based, for the most part, on the american constitution which stressed local control over education and the police. Men were no longer allowed the legal right of control over their families and women were allowed to vote. the 6-3-3 educa-tion system was introduced and parents were given oversight through the PTA. Unions were formed.

• 英語の教科書の和訳が分かりません

lesson7 Mr.Hatakeyama was an oyster farmer. He raised oysters near Kesen-numa. But his oysters were damaged by pollution. He wanted to solve the problem,so in 1984, he visited oyster farms in France. There he learned that the leaves from trees enriched the soil on land. It made the sea water nutritious. He said to himself, "If the mountains didn't have a lot of trees, the people couldn't raise healthy oysters." Mr. Hatakeyama spoke to the other oyster farmers. "without clean sea water, good oysters can't grow. Where does the water come from? From the mountains! So we should grow trees on the mountains for the future of our oyster farms." At first they didn't understand. But little by little they came to support his movement. they planted different kinds of trees under the slogan,"The forest is the partner of the sea."many people around Japan, including school children , have joined this movement. Lesson8 The music started. It was the folk song Where Have All the Flowers Gone? Katarina Witt began to skate to the music. At first the music sounded violent and she expressed then cruelty and the ugliness of war. Then the music changed into a gentle and moderate tone. She expressed the importance of peace. Lastly, the music became dynamic again. She showed a strong-willed girl, who never gives up her hope. She finished her performance with this image. Katrina's skating was not as perfect as before. But the audience gave her great applause from the heart. They knew why she had come back to the rink. She had won her first gold medal in Sarajevo. However, there was a civil war and many people were killed. Katarina decided to express her sorrow for Sarajevo and her prayer for peace. Katarina said , "I don't think I can change the world only through sports. But I believe I can give some beautiful present to people through my performance."

• 英語長文の和訳。

英語が得意な人が居ましたら、 和訳をお願い致します。 My father has a friend in Osaka. His name is Akira Sato. He and my father became friends When they were student at the same college in Tokyo. Mr.Sato studenthard When he was a college student. But he also worked hard, because he wanted to go to the United States to study English at college. At last he got enough money to go there. In 1974 he finished college in Japan, and he went to the United States in August that year. His parents gave him some money When he left Japan. But two weeks afterhe started to stay in the United States, he because too sick to move. He had on friends to take care of him. He Could not eat or drink anything that day. The nextday, The old woman living next door to him found that he was so sick, and she college an ambulance for him. Hewas carried to a hospital. He was saved! But the doctor told him to go back to Japan, because he was too weak to study in the United States. The old woman did everything for him, so he Could come back to Japan one month later. And he got well. five years later, in 1979, he got married. One day in that year, When he was watching TV, he know about foreign students who were trying to find an inexpensive apartment in Japan. The students were not so rich. He remembered The kind old woman in the United States. Three years later, Mr. and Mrs. Sato made a house for foreign students near their house. The students didn't have to pay a lot of money to Mr. and Mrs. Sato. Mr. and Mrs. Sato have taken care of forty foreign students since 1982. The students call them "our parents in Japan." Some of them invited Mr. and Mrs. Sato to their countries. Mr. and Mrs. Sato didn't have their own children but they are very happy to have many "children" in foreign countries. 以上です。 誤字脱字がありましたらすみません。和訳、宜しくお願いします。

• 次の文章の和訳をお願いします。

So,the troll children picked up the mirror and started to carry it away. But suddenly the mirror broke and thousands of tiny pieces of glass fell to earth. Now,what will happen? If one piece of glass from the mirror touches someone they will be nasty and mean for the rest of their life. Far,far away in Denmark there lived two happy children,a girl called Gerda and her brother Kay. They were the best of friends as well as being brother and siste and they did everything together. Every day during the summer,they played in the fields and explored the countryside close to their grandmother's house. Sometimes they went as far as the mountains,almost a day's walk away. They loved the animals at their grandmother's,especially the reindeer,Ned. The most fun they had was when they rode around on his back together. When they felt hungry,they called down to their grandmother from outside their bedroom window. `Hey,Granny!What's for tea today?' And their grandmother would answer, `Come down and see what's for tea,children!' Often Kay kould pick a red rose from outside the window as a present for his grandmother. Hewould hold it behind his back and then surprise her with it at the last minute. `Ta-rah!For you,beautiful lady!' His grandmother was always surprised and laughed and laughed. They were such happy days for everyone.