The Decline of Hat-Wearing and Ear Decorations

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The decline of hat-wearing by women and the custom of removing hats indoors.
  • The history of clip-on and screw-on ear decorations and the prevalence of pierced ear decorations.
  • The absence of identifiable ear ornaments in the Yayoi Period, possibly due to the use of perishable materials.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

これらの文がうまく訳せなくて困っています。

これらの文がうまく訳せなくて困っています。助けてください。よろしくお願いします。 Now, however, it’s hard to know who the hostess is because almost no women wear hats any more. When a woman removed her hat indoors it meant that she was “relaxing”, and the custom was for her to keep her hat on unless her host asked if she would not be more comfortable without it. This custom, too, is no longer observed. Clip-ons and screw-ons have been around since the seventeenth century, making them rather recent innovations. Previously, almost all ear decorations were of the pierced variety. Coming to the Yayoi Period, however, there is nothing that can be identified as an ear ornament. It may be because ear ornaments were made of wood or bamboo such as is seen in Southeast Asia, and these materials did not survive the centuries.

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nannette
  • ベストアンサー率26% (1499/5698)
回答No.3

まあ、とは言うものの、ほとんどの女性たちが帽子を取ってしまったのでは、もう誰がホステス(招待主)なのだか分からなくなってしまいます。女性が屋内で帽子を取ってしまう、それは彼女が「勝手にくつろいでいる」ということになります。ですから慣例としては、招待主が、お帽子を着けていらっしゃってはくつろげないのじゃありませんか…と聞いてくれるまでは、帽子は取るべきではないのです。こうした慣例もまた、よく見られることです。  クリップ式も、ネジ式も、今日では技術の進歩で改良されてはいるものの、17世紀以降にはすでに広く普及していました。また、古くから、大変多くの耳飾りがピアス式でもあったのです。  しかし、弥生時代まで遡ると、当時の耳飾りといったものは今日識別されなくなってしまいます。その理由としては、当時の耳飾りは、今日でも東南アジアで見られるものと同じように、木か竹で作られていたからで、こうした素材は何世紀もの長きにわたってその姿をとどめ得なかったからでしょう。

uhooop
質問者

お礼

とてもわかりやすいです ありがとうございました!!

その他の回答 (2)

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.2

わんぱくでもいい! たくましく育って欲しい。 伊藤ハム訳者

• nekonynan
  • ベストアンサー率31% (1565/4897)
回答No.1

夏休みの風物詩・・・宿題の丸投げは駄目ですね  

関連するQ&A

• この文の構造と訳お願いします。

It is now almost a century since a literate woman was sufficienty a curiously to have the fact of her sex noted every time her literary activities were mentioned, and so authoress is going out of use.

• この文の構造と訳お願いします。

It is now almost a century since a literate woman was sufficientlya curiosity to have the fact of her sex noted every time her literary activities were mentioned, and so authoress is going out of use. No one could have foreseen, fifty years ago, that woman were sooon to do so much that men had thought they alone could do that to attempt to call attention to it would burden the language.

• よろしくお願いします

My 12-year-old daughter is not a pretty child. I know that makes me sound like a terrible parent, but it’s relevant to the question. I love her, and that makes her beautiful to me, but she doesn’t hit a lot of aesthetic markers for beauty. She has lots of other good qualities—academically, she is well ahead of the curve,she’s very compassionate, and she’s really a very sweet girl. Her schoolmates, however, prefer to focus on her physical appearance, and there’s been some bullying this year. My wife always reassures her that the girls are just jealous, that she’s going to be more beautiful than any of them—the whole ugly duckling skit. However, I was an ugly little kid—there was a lot going on—and I knew it; I had a mirror. The lies my parents told me to comfort me just made me feel worse, because how terrible must it be to ugly that they’d lie to me about it? the whole ugly duckling skitはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、how terrible must it be to ugly that they’d lie to me about it? の和訳もお願いします。to uglyは見たことがない形なのですが、ミスプリでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 一文一文が長く困っています。

生姜についての文なのですが、一文一文が長く翻訳に困っています。 文法に疎いので翻訳お願いします。 By the thirteenth century ginger and gingerbread were well known and appreciated in England. In the fourteenth century Chaucer, who seems to have been food-conscious,records: “They sette hym Roiall spicerye and Gyngerbreed.” Throughout the sixteenth,seventeenth,and eighteenth centuries gingerbread grew ever more elaborate. Queen Elizabeth I of England, never one to deny a sweet tooth,knew that her guests were fond of gingerbread, especially if the cake was molded in the image of the guest to whom it was offered. A gingerbread likeness proved to be so successful a conversation piece,Elizabeth I hired a special artist-baker, whose sole work was the creation of gingerbread lords and ladies to amuse and flatter her courtiers. 

• 英文和訳お願いします。

英文和訳お願いします。 In general, my music is just quiet because it’s not the kind of music that is supposed to be loud, there is not really anything more to it than that. It would be pretty silly to blast strings and piano at 105db. こちらなのですが、英文和訳をお願いします。どうもthere is not really anything more to it than that.のあたりが不明で・・・。

• 以下の文を訳してください

proble はスペルミスかもしれませんが、一応そのままコピペします。 私が I cannot make cakes. 等とメールに書いた事に応えてくれているようですが、私の理解が不十分です。教えていただけるとありがたいです。 よろしくお願いします。 I have a proble with your translation and I am worried. When you say that you can not do cakes, it is because you do not have the ability to do it or it is forbidden because prices are too expensive. To make a carrot cake it is very easy! It will be the perfect excuse to visit me and I will make a carrot cake!

• 和訳

“To interpret certain sounds with your body you just have to be very sensitive. It’s certainly not easy, but with time, practice I seem to have found a way to do it.” The low sounds Evelyn feels mostly in her legs and feet, and the high sounds she feels in particular places on her face, neck, and chest. This is how she “listens” to the notes. She often performed with bare feet―mainly because she feels the vibrations of the music through the floor. “The thing about percussion,” Evelyn says, “is that you can create all these emotions―sometimes beautiful, sometimes ugly, sometimes sweet, and sometimes as big as King Kong. There can be a storm of sound, or the sound can be so refined.” Not all percussion is loud and pounding. Evelyn gives more than 100 performances a year around the world. She wants audiences to focus on her music rather than on her deafness, and she wants them to be entertained. Evelyn gets upset with reporters because they sometimes ask too many questions about her deafness. As Evelyn puts it, “If you want to know about deafness, you should interview an ear doctor. My specialty is music.” 問1、What is her specialty? お願いします。

• 疑問文で混乱してしまいました。

倒置のことを考えていたら、頭がこんがらがってしまいました。 "He is not more than her"の疑問文は、"Is not he more than her?"でも "Is he not more than her"でも良いですよね? この場合、not は文法的に どう違うのでしょうか? "He will much more feed it"の疑問形は"Will not he much more feed it?"でも "Will he not much more feed it?"でも良いですか?

• make it on their own

I dated "Carol" for more than eight years. I loved her and wanted to marry her. The problem was her children (now aged 37 and 42), who have not grown up to be mature adults. Carol knew from the beginning that if we ever broke up, it would be because of them. I spent every weekend with her. The kids had a tendency to go through my personal belongings when we were on a date and when we slept. I had to hide my checkbook, wallet, truck and house keys. Her kids still live there and put forth zero effort to make it on their own. make it on their ownは「自立する」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳してください!あなたは中国人ですか?ときき

Nope, but all my friends just know me by Cherry Chau. I got the name Chau cause of my brother's girlfriend. She is haft Chinese. On my first year of high school she went on my computer and changed my family name to her family name, Chau. She thought it would be funny because my name is Cherry and her name is Sherry.