Strong wind

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A strong wind blew yesterday and destroyed the wisteria trellis at my house. Luckily, no damage was caused.
  • Yesterday, I experienced the strongest wind in my life. It was so strong that it destroyed the wisteria trellis at my house. Fortunately, there was no other damage.
  • Incredible wind blew yesterday, causing the wisteria trellis in my house to collapse. Thankfully, there were no further damages.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語で日記

高校1年生です。英語が苦手なので勉強の為、日記をつけようと思っています。 あっているか分からないので添削していただきたいです。 Title: Strong wind 題名 強風 A strong wind blew yesterday. 昨日は凄い強風でした。 I never looked strong wind like in my life. あれ程、強い風は生まれて初めてかもしれません。 Because of that, wisteria trellis was destroyed by the strong wind. それで、家の藤棚が倒されてしまいました。 But, fortunately, collapse caused no damage. I was lucky! ですが幸いにも被害はありませんでした。良かったです。 June 20, 2012 (Wednesday)

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#175206
noname#175206
回答No.1

>Title: Strong wind >題名 強風  OKです。 >A strong wind blew yesterday. >昨日は凄い強風でした。  OKです。 >I never looked strong wind like in my life. >あれ程、強い風は生まれて初めてかもしれません。  such (a)を使うと、和文の感じに近くなるかもしれません。 I never looked such a strong wind like in my life.  他に、lookedをexperiencedにする手もあります。 >Because of that, wisteria trellis was destroyed by the strong wind. >それで、家の藤棚が倒されてしまいました。  藤棚が質問者様のものならmy、特定の家族のものならourを付けるといいでしょう。もちろん「父の」「母の」等々、事情に合わせてください。とりあえずourとして。 Because of that, our wisteria trellis was destroyed by the strong wind. >But, fortunately, collapse caused no damage. I was lucky! >ですが幸いにも被害はありませんでした。良かったです。  Butは無くてもいいかもしれません。fortunatelyが、そのニュアンスを引き受けていますので。  collapseを使うならthe collapseがいいでしょう。もし驚くほど壊れたのでなかったら、the broken trellisのほうが日常的な感じになります。  causedは、たとえばmadeのほうが気さくな感じだろうと思います。さらに、to anybodyを入れて、「誰にも」としてもいいかもしれません  was lucky!が「ほっとした」ということなら、was/felt (quite) relievedなどが使えます。  私なりに変えてみると、以下のような感じです。 Fortunately, the broken trellis made no damage to anybody. I was quite relieved!

logic_lord_66
質問者

お礼

大変、勉強になりました。有難う御座います<(_ _)> 他の言い回しや具体的な解説があり、とても助かります。 色々と参考にさせていただき日記を書いていきたと思います。 丁寧な回答、本当に有難う御座いました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語で日記

高校1年生です。英語が苦手なので勉強の為、日記をつけようと思っています。 あっているか分からないので添削していただきたいです。 Title:The power of nature! 題名 自然の力 Yesterday, I wrote a diary with the "our wisteria trellis was destroyed by the strong wind". 昨日は家の藤棚が倒されたと書きましたが Today, I discovered that the glass of my house cracked according to the earthquake. 今日は家のガラスが地震によりひび割れしているのを発見しました。 Power of nature is a menace 自然の力は恐ろしいですね。                     June 21, 2012 (Thursday)

• That makes it feel even colder.

NHKラジオ英会話講座より Are you sure you don't need a coat. I was just outside. It's pretty cold. The wind is strong, too. That makes it feel even colder. (・・・。 だからもっと寒く感じるわよ。) (質問)That makes it feel even colder. についてお尋ねします。 (1)thatはThe wind is strongを指しますか? (2)itは何を指しますか? (3)それともmake itという、「itには意味の無い」慣用句ですか?意味は何でしょうか? (4)この文章は使役用法でね?  以上

• 英語 分詞

自分の答えが合っているかと 間違っていた問題は訳や説明をいただけると嬉しいです。 ・熱海へ商用で行ったときに撮った写真を差し上げます  I will give you pictures (taking, taken) in Atami when I made a business call there.→taken ・彼は腕を組んで立っていましたか?  Was he standing with his arms()?→folding ・私は風に髪をなびかせて走っていた。  I was running with my hair () in the wind.→streaming ・He got his leg () in the accident. 1. to wound 2. wounded 3. wounding 4. unwound→2 ・There is something wrong with the engine, so I have to () as soon as possible. 1. make it fixed 2. have it fix 3. get it to fix 4. get it fixed→4 ・Although it was very cold, the teacher left the students () in the hall. 1. having waited 2. to have waited 3. waited 4. waiting→4 ・() nothing to do, I took a nap after lunch. 1. It was 2. To have been 3. Been 4. There being→1 ・() from the plane, these mountains are really beautiful. 1. Seen 2. Seeing 3. To see 4. Having seen→2 わからなかった問題です。 訳もお願いしたいです。 ・間違った部分を選んで直す 1 They (1spent) the night (2chatting) (3over) snacks (4preparing) by Mary's mother. 2 I found it (1surprised) that the designer (2whose) clothes have been (3worn) by famous movie stars (4was arrested) 3 The language teacher looked very (1disappointing) to find (2that) her students (3could) not make themselves (4understood) in English. ・並び替え ウイリアムズさんは本を読みながら足を組んで座っていた Mr, Williams (a/crossed/his/legs/reading/sat/while/with)book.

• 翻訳を御願いしたします。

A traveler was walking along a country road. The sun and the north wind were watching him."I'mstronger than you are. You don't belive me. I can show you that. You can see the traveler. I will tear his clothes from his back. Watch me. "cried the north wind. The sun said nothing,and smiled. The north wind began to blow,cold hard. Traveler's clothes got angry, and he blew hard ageinst the traveler. Then the traveler turned his back to the wind and opend the bag,and then he took his coat and put in on. "I failed!" cried the north wind. "the coat that they made is firm. "Let me try."said the sun quietly. He glowed with warmth. At last the traveles put off his cort. Do you think which is stronger,the sun or noryh wind?

• 内容を教えてください。

Last Friday I actually had bad things. My father almost lost my dog on the way home, which spoiled the whole day. He should be kept on a leash. Fortunately we found him again, I was too much worried because he is already old, had an operation last year, have to take medicine every day. Coming back home, he looked tired and stressful. You know he is not just a dog, my another younger brother. 帰り道で弟さんとはぐれてしまったという事でしょうか?

• 添削をお願いします

1, Today I drove to Aoshima for a charge and was going to take a walk with mom, but the wind was pretty strong, so we couldn't do that. 2, When it comes talking about the scenic spots at Miyazaki, both Aoshima and Takachiho comes at first. Aoshima has a well known sea where many of the surfers in Japan loves and rides the waves. 上記二つの文章の文法や表現に間違いがないか添削をお願いしたいのですが、特に"日本の多くのサーファーが波乗りをする"という部分は"波乗りに来る(集まる)"としたければ、"loves and comes to ride"とすればいのでしょうか? 以上よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語で日記。

英語で日記。 英語で日記を書いてみました。間違っているところ、表現が分からないところ、表現がおかしいところなど教えてください。 Today, my boyfriends will come home early. So, we are planning to drive! But the weather is bad... I know! I should visit my family, and get some books! I want to read those books again. I've been addicted to read books lately. I read 'hashire merosu' yesterday. 日本語(こう書きたいんです。) 今日、彼氏が早く帰ってくるの。 だからドライブを計画している。 しかし、お天気が悪い・・・。 そうだ! 実家に行って本をいくつか取ってこなきゃ。 最近本を読むのにはまっているの。 昨日は走れメロスを読んだよ。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語で日記をつけたいのですが・・

英語の文章力がなかなか身につきません 日記をつけてみようと思うのですが 参考になるサイトがありましたら 教えてください

• 英語日記28(2) 

すいませんが最近英語力のライティングをあげようと英作文をまいにち書くようにしてます。 レベルのひくい英作文ではずかしいのですが。できれば文法や細かい間違いを指摘して頂けると幸いです。 I have been there when I came to Australia first time. I think that the time flows really slowly in Cairns. This is because Cairns is a kind of tourist city. Many people are coming from all over the world. It may look like Hawaii. There was one thing that I could not believe was that someone walked with strip to the waist. Someone call the police and catch him if he would do it in my country. So I didn’t believe it. And I have one more thing surprising me is that many people have tattoos in Cairns. My country image of tattoo is very bad. There are few people have tattoo in my country. For example, like a group of gangster. My mother said “you mustn’t have a tattoo” before going to Australia. However, there are many tattoos includes women as well. Cairns is small city but people are good and commodity price is not expensive. Cairns is one of the city that live easily.

• 英語日記25 優しさ

すいませんが最近英語力のライティングをあげようと英作文をまいにち書くようにしてます。 レベルのひくい英作文ではずかしいのですが。できれば文法や細かい間違いを指摘して頂けると光栄です。 I can act by considering person's feelings. I mean that if someone has troubles I want to help them. for example, if he/she is always alone and looks lonely. I would want to talk to him/her. This is because I can understand his/her feelings. They want to talk to someone but he/she was doesn’t have the courage talk with people who has met first time. Actually, I couldn’t talk to classmate when I was a junior high school student i, so I was always alone. However, I thought that I had to change my personality. This is because I probably would be involved in many troubles if I would grow up with a morose type. I know changing of own character is difficult but I am really happy if I can help you. 私は人の気持ちを考えて行動できます。たとえばもし誰かが一人でいてさびしいそうにみえたら。私はその人としゃべりたい。なぜなら私はその人の気持ちがわかります。彼らはだれかとしゃべりたいのですが初めて会った人としゃべる勇気がないのです。実際私も中学時代はクラスメートとあまり喋れませんでした。なので、いつも一人でいました。しかし自分自身を変えなければならないと思いました。多分わつぃはたくさんのトラブルに会いますもしこのまま暗いままで育つと。自分自身を変えるには大変だということは知ってます。しかし助けになるならうれしいです。