• ベストアンサー

英文和訳 解説をお願いします。

The residents are not expected to return for good any time soon. The residents は福島原発で避難命令を受けた人を指しています。for good any time soonの訳がよくわかりませんでした。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

アメリカに住んでる中2デーす。 Vonugamay918さんの質問を答えるのは2回目デーす for good anytime soonは、good=良い time=時間 soon=近いうちに (良い+時間+近いうちに)xNOT=NOT良いNOT近いうちの時間 じゃない?

Vonugamay918
質問者

お礼

いつもありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (2)

• Wakey
  • ベストアンサー率77% (37/48)
回答No.3

for good で 「永遠に、永久に」という意味があります。 (http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=for+good) そして any time soon は 「いつでもすぐに、近いうちに」という意味ですが、否定文に使われる時の定番訳は「すぐには~ない」でしょう。 なので、for good any time soon だけを取り出してしまうと意味がわからなくなってしまいます。  The residents are not expected to return for good → 住民達は永久に戻ることは期待されない(直訳) any time soon → すぐには まとめてこなれた和訳にすれば、「定住のための住民帰還はすぐには見込めない」 ですっきりすると思います。

Vonugamay918
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

Vonugamay918
質問者

補足

for goodはreturnにかかるのですね。勘違いしてました。ありがとうございました。

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

住民の帰宅はこれから先いつでもというわけにはいかない。

Vonugamay918
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳の添削と構文の解説をお願いします。

次の英文を和訳しました。 Tepco didn't include what are expected to be massive compensation payments to people and companies harmed by the accident at the Fukushima No.1 nuclear power plant.  「東京電力は、福島第一原発事故で損害を受けた人々と会社に対する巨額の賠償金がいくらと予想されるかを算入しなかった。」 what are expected to ~の元になる構文がよくわかりません。 ご教示下さい。

• 英文和訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

Americans who are in important positions would not make a big fuss about where they sit in a car for another reason. Americans strongly believe in equality as an ideal. Someone who is of high statues is expected to minimize his own importance. The people around him are also expected not to make too much of a fuss over him. An important person who is nice to the "little guy" is respected. 和訳 重要な地位にあるアメリカ人は、もうひとつの理由から車のどこに座るかについて大きな騒ぎは起こしません。アメリカ人は理想としての平等を強力に信じているのです。高い地位にいる人は出来るだけ目立たないようにすることを期待されるのです。彼の周りの人たちもまた、彼を過度にちやほやしないものと思われています。「平凡な人」に親切である影響力のある人が尊敬されるのです。

• 和訳をお願いします。

どなたか、和訳をお願いします。 「Thank you for taking the time to speak with me about your resume and search for new employment opportunities earlier this morning, it was appreciated. As per our conversation, attached you will find the application for employment with △△for you to complete and return to me at your convenience. I will let you know as soon as any other opportunities arise that you may be a good fit for.」

• 次の英文の和訳と文法解説をお願いします。

The risk of accumulation of fissionable material in tanks, for which sub-criticality is not guaranteed only by the geometry shall be periodically reviewed by appropriate means after draining and rinsing, if any. 宜しくお願いします。

• 英文和訳があります。英文和訳は正しいですか?

Multinational time I have been told that in Germany, however, guests are expected to arrive promptly (not before or after the hour stated) at parties as well as business appointments. Five o'clock in the evening means 5:00 p.m., not 5:20 or 4:45. On the other hand, in Latin American and Arab countries, no one is expected to arrive at a party until a few hours after the stated time. 日本語訳 しかしながら、聞くところによるとドイツでは、パーティーの客は 仕事上の約束と同様に、決められた時刻に正確にパーティに到着するべきだと 思われている(早くも遅くもなく)。 午後5時は 5:00 p.mのことで、5:20 や 4:45ではない。 一方、ラテンアメリカやアラブ諸国では、 予定より数時間後にならないと、 誰もパーティには到着しないのが普通だと思われている。

• 英文和訳です

英文和訳です No one should spend too much time on memories. Some people start doing that when they are twenty and never get over living in the past. And it is my feeling that too many memories are sad. They are of friends or events that are gone. The other day someoe asked me what year my father died and I could't remember. The date never seemed like one to memorize, and I don't think of him any less often for having put it out of my mind. 全体的に分かりにくいのですが、特に最後の一文がよくわかりません。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英文和訳をお願いします

It has become a social custom as American as a small, rectangular, hand-held, frozen and reheated apple pie. The years ahead should be a good time for dreamers and visionaries of the business world, for the barriers to innovation, the roadblocks to inspiration and imagination, are being knocked down one by one. という2つの文なのですが、 1つ目の分は自分なりに訳すと 小さな四角い手に持てる大きさの冷凍させた後に解凍させたアップルパイはアメリカの風潮になった。 になるんですけど、よくわかりません 2つめの分は単語単語の意味はわかるのですが、文章にしてしまうとまったく意味が… 教えてください!

• この英文が分かりません(*´ェ`*)

Prince or Princess Charming has not yet ridden over the hill top carrying a huge bag of money, and that's not likely to happen any time soon. You are just going to have to pick up your bootstraps and rescue yourself. That may not be the easiest thing, but you are your own best hero. 占いなのですが。 文章の構造も分かりません。 単語も分かりません。 教えてください。 お願致します。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

下部のExcept when~~~ からの一文がどう訳してよいか分からないので、そちっらだけでもよろしかったらお願いします。 The freezing point of normal human plasma averages -0.54℃,which corresponds to an osmolal concentration in plasma of 290 mOsm/l. This is equivalent to an osmotic pressure against pure water of 7.3 atm. The osmolality might be expected to be higher than this, because the sum of all the cation and anion equivalents in plasma is over 300.It is not this high because plasma is not an ideal solution and ionic interactions reduce the number of particles free to exert an osmotic effect. Except when there has been insufficient time after a sudden change in composition for equilibrium to occur, all fluid compartments of the body are in (or nearly in) osmotic equilibrium. The term tonicity is used to describe the osmolality of a solution relative to plasma.

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳を教えて下さい。アメリカの401Kについての内容です。 「The contribution that was deposited on 01/17/2018 was an employer contribution due in 2017. Based on your account history, the employer deposits the employer contribution January of each year for the previous year. There are not any details on this plan stating you would need to return the contribution to the employer.」 どなたかお願い致します。