• ベストアンサー

この文章の意味を教えてください。

"Oh, I’d love to see that movie with you but this Friday just isn’t going to work." butの後は、butの前の反対の意味になっているのでしょうか?

noname#172005
noname#172005
  • 英語
  • 回答数7
  • ありがとう数8

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.7

No.2ぐらいです。 このworkは仕事とは何の関係もありません。 金曜日が仕事に出掛けていくでしょうか。 下記の自動詞の7番目の「うまくいく」の意味です。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=work&ref=sa

noname#172005
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。主語が金曜日だから、WORKは仕事という意味ではなく、うまくいくという意味なのですね。

その他の回答 (6)

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.6

ああ、その映画は、ぜひ君と一緒にみたいな、でも、この金曜日はちょっと都合が悪いんだ。 ☆work【自動詞】3. a. の意味です。 http://ejje.weblio.jp/content/work

noname#172005
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。workは、うまくいく、という意味なのですね。

• qualheart
  • ベストアンサー率41% (1451/3486)
回答No.5

そのまま訳すと 「ああ、その映画一緒に見に行きたかったんだけど、金曜日は仕事に行く予定がないんだよね」 もしくは 「ああ、その映画一緒に見に行きたかったんだけど、金曜日しか仕事がない日はないんだよね」 のいずれかだと思います。 仕事に出ないと映画に行けないような状況(自宅が遠い?)で、金曜日は仕事に行かないから駄目、と言っているのか、 もしくは 映画に誘われたけど金曜日しか空いている日がないから駄目、と言っているのかどちらかだと思います。 なので、butでつないでいるんですね。 どちらにせよ、一緒に映画には行けないと言うことでしょう。 ご参考まで。

noname#172005
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。主語が金曜日なので、WORKは仕事ではなく、successful、うまくいく、という意味のようです。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.4

その映画あなたとぜひ一緒に見たいと思うけれども、今度の金曜日は都合が悪い >>butの後は、butの前の反対の意味になっているのでしょうか?     「反対」かどうかは分かりませんが訳した通りです。

noname#172005
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。金曜日は、ということですね。

回答No.3

「ああ、あなたとこの映画を見に行きたいけど、今週の金曜日はダメだ」 この文からだけでははっきりしませんが、おそらく「今度の金曜日映画を見に行かない?」という誘いに対する返事では? 行きたいけど、ダメ。butの後は反対ですよね。

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.2

あらぁその映画是非あなたと一緒にみたいわ。 でも今度の金曜日は残念ながら都合がつかないの。 >butの後は、butの前の反対の意味になっているのでしょうか? そうですね。反対の言い訳です。

noname#172005
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。反対なのですね。go to workという述語に気をとられすぎていました。

• aokii
  • ベストアンサー率23% (5210/22062)
回答No.1

先週は行けなかったけど今週は行けるよ!

noname#172005
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。Butはどうでしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• すみませんが此処の文章を翻訳して頂けませんか?

すみませんが此処の文章を翻訳して頂けませんか? Live to Tell 64 Little Kemono Girl:Yes! You are Ru, Vulpa's sister!Spinel told me about you! Ru:Y-yes my sister is Vulpa! but how do you know about her? Little Kemono Girl:Oh and then you must be Vulpa, Spinel's girlfriend! He told me a lot about how strong you are but I never thought that you'd look so strong too! Tee hee.... Vulpa:Yes! I'm her big sister... But what is your relationship with Spinel that you know about us? Thinking: Hey, wait a minute... She looks very much like him! I wonder if... Little Kemono Girl:Oh sorry, tee hee, I didn't introduce myself yet! I'm Sally, Spinel's little sister! I'm pleased to meet you! Tee hee hee.... Vulpa:OH! Woooow!!!! This is a big surprise; I'm pleased too! Hehe... Thinking: Please, I hope she won't ask about her brother! Wolufu:Great!Thinking: Oh no...! If she asks about her brother she's going to be very sad! Sally:I was very worried about him! Two and half weeks have passed since he left from here to meet with you and see if everything was alright in your town. He wasn't back yet, but now that I see you here I bet that he met with you and you decided to come back with him to the city, right?! I can't wait to see my dear brother again, where is he...? He's with your group, right? Wolufu:... Ru:... Vulpa:Hm... Sally, I don't know the best way to tell you this... Anyway, we can't lie to you and in a moment you'll know anyway... Sally, your brother died fighting against Omega... Unfortunately Omega attacked our village the same day that Spinel came there. Our parents, friends... all the people of the village were killed. We are the only survivors and we are now on a journey to defeat Omega and save this world. I know this must be hard for you, but you must be strong and overcome this... I bet that Spinel would wish that of you... Sally:Wh... *sob. sob*....

• 「It's not unusual」の日本語訳は?

トム・ジョーンズが歌う「It's not unusual」の歌詞の日本語訳を教えてくれませんか? ちなみに英語ではこんなです↓ It's not unusual to be loved by anyone It's not unusual to have fun with anyone but when I see you hanging about with anyone It's not unusual to see me cry, oh I wanna' die It's not unusual to go out at any time but when I see you out and about it's such a crime if you should ever want to be loved by anyone, It's not unusual it happens every day no matter what you say you find it happens all the time love will never do what you want it to why can't this crazy love be mine It's not unusual, to be mad with anyone It's not unusual, to be sad with anyone but if I ever find that you've changed at anytime it's not unusual to find out that I'm in love with you whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh

• 意味を教えてください

Q. Making a financial plan with and for mom: My mother is a freelancer whose flow of work has dropped precipitously, from steady as recently as five years ago, to practically nil in 2017. She inherited some money and that floated her for a little while, but now she’s putting things on credit cards. Help! She has already declared bankruptcy twice. She is kind of at the end of her rope, as drained emotionally as she is financially. She lives in an expensive part of the country. I have encouraged her to move to my city, which is considerably less expensive. She is considering it, but reluctant. How do we start to make an actual plan? I’m not rich but I’m steadier than she is right now, financially speaking. I don’t want to wait until things get any worse, and she gets into even more debt. Any advice is appreciated! A: There are certainly ways you can be helpful to your mother, but the responsibility for making “an actual plan” lies with her, not with you. You can’t want financial stability for her more than she does. She’s already declared bankruptcy twice, which is obviously far from ideal, but also suggests that she knows what to do when her financial outlook is especially bleak. Encourage her to see a financial adviser, to reduce costs wherever possible (including moving to a less expensive city, although not necessarily yours), to seek more stable work, and to look into social services her age may soon qualify her for. Consider now (rather than when she faces an emergency) how much money, if any, you are willing to give her to help meet her expenses, and whether your own budget will survive if she never pays you back, especially since it seems unlikely that she ever could. Everyone has different values when it comes to giving family members money, so I’m not going to tell you that you absolutely should or shouldn’t. But it’s better to have a plan in mind before things get dire. The important thing to remember is that your mother is an adult with resources that extend beyond you. an adult with resources that extend beyond youの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英語の意味を教えて下さい

次の英文は女性(妻)が男性(夫)のことがもっと好きになるにはどうすればいいかについて述べられた最後の段落です。最後の that she woke up ... She goes, I love him.までのが何を言おうとしているのか教えていただけませんか? This is why she fell in love with you. I can't tell you exactly what day, and it was no particular thing you did. It was the accumulation of all those little things that she woke up one day as if she pressed a button. She goes, I love him.

• 英語の訳し方

いつもお世話になっています。 A: Shall we go to a movie tonight,Cathy? B: I'd love to. のI'd love to.を「私には、愛がありました。」と訳したんですがなんだか合わないような気がします。 もう1つなんですが、 A:Has she been to a doctor? B: she's going this afternoon. のshe's going this afternoon.を「彼女は、今日の午後行っています。」と私は訳しました。 この2つはここまで訳したんですがこれでいいのでしょうか。なにかアドバイスありましたら宜しくお願いいたします。

• 翻訳してくださいm(_ _)m

翻訳してくださいm(_ _)m Yep five hours, but if we go fast only 4 hours (Moon satisfied) Oh well I hope you enjoyed your days off! I only have one more day off then I also have to go back to work (oh no!)(oh no!)(oh no!)(oh no!) But I'm going to be going to sleep now, I hope you have a great rest of your day ! I'll text you when I wake up to see if you're still awake ! (moon grin)(moon grin) Good night! (please!)(oops)

• 意味を教えてください

My father is 74 years old and in poor health. I only see him a couple of times a year because I am so busy these days between work and kids, and his health no longer permits him to travel to my home to visit. We are going to see him soon, and I have scheduled an in-studio photo session with a professional photographer for the first afternoon that we are going to be in town. My dad said he was willing to get photos taken with our boys. Here’s my dilemma: I don’t want my stepmother in the photos, and I’m searching for a diplomatic way to communicate this to him. Long story short: They have been married for 26-plus years, and she and I have never had a good relationship, but in the past 15 months or so, things have deteriorated to a point where I do not speak to her (unless absolutely necessary) and have decided to have no relationship with her going forward. for the first afternoon that we are going to be in townとgoing forwardの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• すみませんが誰か此方の英文章を翻訳していただけませんか?

すみませんが誰か此方の英文章を翻訳していただけませんか? ちゃんとした文章で読みたいので、英語の得意な方、宜しく御願い致します。 4/4 Thanks for listening to me; I'm very glad to have a chat with good kemonos like you again... see you! Ru:Oh this is very sad...! Omega really is pure evil!

• 至急です(>_<)翻訳してくださいm(_)m

I'm sorry but we don't talk usually. I won't talk to her ever again. Yuna you really don't need to worry about something like that. She isn't even in the USA. Truly I'm so sorry for making you feel this way. I swear I really do love you.←翻訳してくださいm(__)m

• このLOVEとかって好きですって意味ですか?

オーストラリアの女の子とメールした時に OH,TOO BAD ABOUT TAHT TEST. I LIKE THAT MOVIE. I LOVE YOU,僕の名前..YOU ARE GORGEOUS... BYE,LOVE,相手の名前 という文章が返信されてきたんですが、 これの場合って深い意味ありますかね?