• ベストアンサー

高校英語教えてください

1)彼がそう言わなかったのは明白だを英訳したいのですが clearly をどこかに入れたいのですが、どこが正しいでしょうか? He did not say so. 2)simply をどこかに入れたいのですが、どこが正しいでしょうか? The accident happened because the driver was careless. よろしくお願いします

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

1) He clearly did not say so. でもいいですが, Clearly, he did not say so. とすれば いわゆる文修飾「明らかに~だ」となります。 2) The accident happened SIMPLY because the driver was careless. simply because ~で「ただ~という理由だけで」「唯一の理由は~だ」

sususmari
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1) It is clear that he didn't say so. 2) The accident happened simply because the driver was careless.

sususmari
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました

関連するQ&A

• not ... just because ..意味

She did not marry him just because he was rich. の意味は1通りですか? 背景: She did not marry him because he was rich. 上の例では not は1)直後の動詞、2)Because節 を否定すると考えられます。(2通り) 1)彼女は彼が金持ちだったので結婚しなかった。 2)彼女が結婚したのは彼が金持ちだったからではない。 しかし、いくつかのWebサイトで She did not marry him just because he was rich. のようにbecauseの前にjust, simply等を入れると2)の意味だけとなり、1)の意味ではなくなると指摘しています。 私はjust, simply等を前に入れたところで2つの意味にとれることに変わりないと思うのですが。 1)彼女はただ単に彼が金持ちだったので結婚しなかった。 2)彼女が結婚したのはただ単に彼が金持ちだったからではない。 いかがでしょうか?

• none of your business

●none of your business = no business of yours 「お前の知ったことではない」 ところで、上の成句に似た文が参考書に出てたんですけど、 ●The accident that happened yesterday was no fault of the driver's.(昨日起こった事故は、運転手のせいではなかった) これは、普通に The accident that happened yesterday was not the driver's fault.と言ってはダメなのですか?

• 英語の副詞について

英語の副詞の書き換えについてです。 例 Probably he did not know the fact. →It was probable that he did not know the fact.   Cleary he did not express his own opinion.  →It was clear that he did not express his own opinion. that節で、前の文を書き換えることができるというものですが・・・   He apparently knew the town well. →It appeared that he knew the town well. になるらしいのですが、この時にIt was と何故しないかを初歩的な質問かもしれませんが教えてください。 自分なりに推理してみたのですが、be + 過去分詞となって受動的な意味合いとなってしまうからなのでしょうか? それとは別に文法自体に前の2つの例と意味合いが違うからなのでしょうか? はたまた、このapparentlyという単語にはそうしてはいけない何かがあるのでしょうか? どうぞお願いします。

• 英語 2択or3択問題

(1)You do not need to stay here [unless/if/why]you want to. (2)He [had/did/made]a terrible political mistake. (3)The rumor proved[false/falsely]. (4)He was highly [disturbing/disturbed]by what happened to him yesterday. 上の(1)~(4)の問題をどなたか解いてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 助動詞の過去形について、教えてください

1.He may say so. 彼は、そう言うかもしれない。 この文の過去形は He may have said so. 彼は、そう言ったかもしれない。 どうして He might say so. にならないのですか? 2.The door will not open. そのドアは、どうしても開かない。 この文の過去形は、下記のようになるのですか? The door will not have opened. The door would not open とは、書けないのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語を日本語に訳して貰えますか?

友人から来たメールの文章ですが、なんとなくしか理解出来ません…。英語が堪能な方に訳して頂きたいです…。 Me if i think to marry my EX-boyfriend...in one point i did . but thank god i did not ..he really was not a good boy.he was a evil boss like character..so what he say or nothing! .....he try to control me always ......... and he never care if i need it to finish a project .. so that how she was... ) but now i am by my self and is good but i feel lonely.. and that how i feel now !

• 入試 選択問題

入試問題です 1.The careless words of the Prime Minister( ) to the misunderstanding between the two counties. a.led b.came c. brought d. went 2.He spoke Japanese so well that I ( ) he was Japanese. a.took it for granted that b.douted whether c.was not sure if d.did not think that 1.はlead to --ーーをもたらした 2.は a.とc。で迷っています。 教えてください。

• どこがダメでしょうか?

大学入試の問題で He is not ( ) to be a good driver. とありcareless enough がだめでcautious enoughが正解となってますがなぜでしょうか。「彼は上手に運転するに足りるほど用心深くはない」という訳ですが、careless enoughなら「彼は上手に運転するに足りるほど注意深い」となるはずですが。lessで終わる形容詞の直前にnotが付かないということでしょうか。He was careless not to 不~という文はよく見かけますが、後ろにnotが入ればいいのでしょうか。根拠が知りたいです。お願いします。

• 英語

What did he say? ➾What do you think he said? What was the reaction of the customers? ➾What do you think was the reaction of the customers? で直し方あってますか?

• 英語の文法ミス教えてください 至急

1 My most favorite character in this book is Finkle. He is a religious man and lives in loneliness. The reason why he was absorbed in his religion was he could not belong anywhere in social world. He had never loved anyone, and he had lived without knowledge of himself. He said in a strained manner, "that I came to God not because I love Him, but because I did not." He had to believe the god because he did not have any ideas what he should rely on. I like Finkle because I easily feel empathy to him. 2 This question is a kind of tricky. I believe that Salzman was saying “Jewish prayer for the Dead” because Salzman said "Like an animal. Like a dog. For her to be poor was a sin. This is why to me she is dead now." This implies that his daughter must have committed something sin, and Salzman was ashamed of it. That is why Salzman regarded his daughter as a dead. So Salzman said that phrase for Finkle and Stella. 3 I believe that Salzman engineered the meeting between Finkle and Stella. As a father, Salzman wants Stella to get marriage to someone. However, Salzman thought that Salzman was a sinful person. So nobody wants to get marriage to Stella. So Salzman just manipulate Salzman to get marriage to Stella.