• ベストアンサー

文法問題の和訳をお願いします。

Both Ken's parents are on on holiday now. この英文のon onがわかりません。 あと Making promises is one thing, keeping them another. この英文のthemとanotherの間のis は省略されているのでしょうか? be動詞も省略されるものなのでしょうか? 教えてください。 お願いします。

noname#183174
noname#183174
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

> Both Ken's parents are on on holiday now.  後ろの on holiday は 「休暇中である」 という意味で、そういう状態であるということを表している。  その前の on は、ものごとがある状態にあるということを表す on です。  従って、この文は、「ケンの両親は二人とも休暇を取っている」 のような意味になります。 > Making promises is one thing, keeping them another.  お察しの通りです。英語ではとかく前に使ったのと同じ語は使わないでおこうとする傾向がある。名詞なら代名詞を使うことができるが、動詞の場合はそうはいかない。しかし be 動詞は省略しても文脈から判断することが容易なので、しばしば略されることがあり、特に新聞の見出しなどのように簡略さを重んじる場合など、be 動詞は頻繁に省略されます。

noname#183174
質問者

お礼

このonは状態を表していたんですね。 迅速な回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文法について

以下の英文でdidが不明です。 Poison. Now I often wonder how did these fish evolve so that they had poison running throughout them. Another thing that fascinates me is how did people start to eat fugu. 質問: 通常、このような文体ですと、didが抜け、 how these fish evolved so that.... how people started to eat fugu となると思うのですが、すみませんがご回答頂ければ幸いでございます。 宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳おねがいします!

it is not teaching them to think in some scientifically sound way; it is persuading them to acquiesce. it is accustoming them to the presence of computers in every walk of life, and thus making them dependent on the machine's supposed necessity and superiority.

• 和訳お願いします!!!!

どうか和訳お願いします(*_*)! Another fascinating thing about the Naxis is their writing system. It uses symbols in the from of pictures. Created about 1,000years ago,the system is called the Tompa hieroglyphs. It is the only system of hieroglyphs in the world that is still in use. The Naxis believe in the Tompa religion. Its scriptures are written in the Tompa hieroglyphs. The scriptures were a series of more than 20,000books. But now only 5,000of them remain in the Lijiang Library. In them are tales,poems,proverbs,fortuneteling,and so on.They show how the Naxis lived in old times. The scriptures serve as an encyclopedia for the Naxis,and,even today,they can read them. Thanks to the Tompa hieroglyphs, the Naxis have been able to keep up their traditions. However,the number of Tompa priests who can write the hieroglyphs is decreasing.

• Getting angry is one thing, and sco

Getting angry is one thing, and scolding is another. 上記の英文をどう訳せばよいのかわかりません。訳し方を教えてください。 とくに、one thing の意味が不明です。

• andの使い方について

初歩的な質問ですみません。 メールを打っていて、ふと気になり分からなくなったので教えてください。 私は彼女がいつも私の周りにいて、見守っていてくれる気がする。 っという英文を作りたいのですが、 I feel like she is always around me and keeping an eye on me. で通じますか?andでつなげた場合、私は「she is」を省略していますが、andの後半の分にも最初の「she is」はかかりますか? それとも、I feel like she is always around me and she is keeping an eye on me. っとなるのでしょうか?この英文自体がおかしいかもしれませんが、書きながら通じるのかな?っと不安になりました。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳の質問です。

下記の英文の和訳がわかりません。 どなたかご教示いただけないでしょうか。 宜しくお願い対します。 But he and Healey both take comfort in the impact that Amazon’s frenetic growth is having—and should continue to have—on the burgeoning downtown-area tech hub. While Healey has been working in the district long enough to anticipate cycles of rising and falling user demand ahead, she remains “optimistic about the trajectory” of activity, which may well get another boost when technology’s “next big thing” comes along.

• 英文法に関して二つ質問があります。

質問1:以下の英文を見てください。 for years the press overlooked the problem. but now,if anything,they are making too much of it nowとif anythingは、文全体を修飾する副詞だと思いますが、このように文頭に、文全体を修飾する副詞を2つ持ってきてもいいのでしょうか? 質問2: 以下の文を見て、質問に答えてください。 time to wind things up. let us take a vote (1)to wind things up は、何を修飾してるのですか? (2) time to wind things up の文型は何ですか? (3) time to wind things upは、it is が省略されていると思うのですが、省略されてない時はIT is time to wind things upです。 この時、このitは、timeを表す仮主語なのでしょうか?

• 英語の誤文訂正問題です

以下の英文の1~10の中で謝りを含む箇所はありますか? (1) I feel /(2) very excited/(3) at/(4) the thought/(5) which/(6) in/(7) another week/(8) I will/(9) meet her/(10) on holiday.

• 英文の文法を教えてください

以下英文で It is very important that 以降の部分の文法が理解できません。 "It is very important that until people have decision-making capability while they are growing up that we protect them but I think the whole idea that we can protect adults from themselves is hugely problematic." that節の中で、 until people have decision-making capability while they are growing up that we protect them が一塊でuntil ~ の後に文章がないように見えるのですが、 until ~ だけをthat節の中に書けるものなんでしょうか?

• 和訳お願いいたします

There is only one thing I really wanna do ... and that's be with you. Besides this I want to go to the fish market if that's possible. But I read that it's best to visit it early in the morning. However I don't think we should wake up early on your holiday! Is it possible to go another day, before you work maybe? If not I can go myself. On your day of ... let's relax. Is that ok for you? I would be really happy to meet your friends ... maybe I can ask them some bad things about you ... hahahaha. No I'm kidding. I'm really looking forward to meet your friends.