文法的な解説をお願いします

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 「よく調べてみると女のようでもある。彼をほめると同時に自身を失わせようとしているので」という意味だと想像しているのですが、文法的な用語でいうとどうなっているのでしょうか。
  • roam about~で「~をふらつく」だと思うのですが、なぜその後にlooseという形容詞、さらにその後にsavaging peopleが来るのかわかりません。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

文法的な解説をお願いします

1. It looked like a man's handwriting - commercial, unselfconscious, and the criticism was like a man's. On the other hand, it was like a woman to probe - to want to make him feel at the same time flattered and unsure of himself. a woman to probeのところからがわかりません。 「よく調べてみると女のようでもある。彼をほめると同時に自身を失わせようとしているので」 という意味だと想像しているのですが、文法的な用語でいうとどうなっているのでしょうか。 2. A law-keeper turned law-breaker, roaming about loose, savaging people! roam about~で「~をふらつく」だと思うのですが、なぜその後にlooseという形容詞、さらにその後にsavaging peopleが来るのかわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

1. 「一見したところでは男の筆跡のように見えた。ビジネスライクだし、自意識過剰というわけじゃないし、男のような批判の仕方だから。他方で、それは女が探りを入れてるんじゃなかろうかとも思った。彼を持ち上げると同時に不安な気持ちにさせることを狙ってるんじゃないか、と」 といったような意味の文ではないかと思います。a woman to probe は 「探りを入れようとしている女」 と私は解釈しました。 2. 「法の番人だった者が法を破る者になって、ぶらぶらと徘徊し、人々に脅威を与えている」 その文からだけでは時制が分かりませんが、こういうことだろうとは思います。 roaming about loose の loose は形容詞。たとえば break loose (脱走する) のような使い方と同じですが、roaming about loose の場合には、ちょっと副詞のような感じも与える用法かもしれません。roaming about という行為が行われる時の状態を表しています。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.2

和訳に関して、babanskyさんに異論はありません。文法的解釈です。 1.it was like a woman to probe - to want to make him feel at the same time flattered and unsure of himself. probeは他動詞ですので後に目的語の人か物がくるはずです。この場合は物とすれば・・・ to probe something 何かを求めるで、 something=to want to make him feel at the same time flattered and unsure of himself になります。端的に言えば、「~を欲すること」欲しているのは手紙の主ですので、「~を欲してかなわない女性のようだ。」とでも訳します。 2.A law-keeper turned law-breaker, roaming about loose, savaging people! roaming about loose = roaming about loosely or in a loose manner No1さんが仰るように副詞と解釈すべき。 http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/loose 文章の構造は、ing-formの分詞として捉え、 roaming about looseを挿入句と考えればよいはず。 A law-keeper turned law-breaker who was sagaging people! ↓ A law-keeper turned law-breaker savaging people!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳と構文解説をお願いします

But I was flattered and I was too young to have learned to say no to a woman. (Few men,I may add,learn this until they are too old to make it of any consequence to a woman what they say. 上記文章のuntil以下の訳と構文解説をお願いしたく存じます。

• 意味と文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

I was supposed to be getting married this weekend, but 10 days ago my fiancée called it off saying, “It wasn’t right.” This was a huge blow, of course, and I’m still struggling with it. My problem is that once it was announced I was inundated with messages from people asking about their gifts. I get that they want their gifts back, and I’m going to return everything. But I really need some space here just for a few days until I can get to a better place. Is it rude to put out a message on social media just saying that? just saying that?の意味と文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

• 文法解説をお願いします

A man is a laborer if the job society offers him is of no interest to himself but he is compelled to take it by the necessity of earning a living and supporting his family. the job society offers him この目的語の欠落の部分ですが、これは文法の種類でいうとなんなんでしょうか。 それとあとa man から himの完成した文?のあとにいきなりisがくるのはなんなんでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 解説お願いします

The man spoke in such a roundabout way that it was hard to understand. これは男が理解するのは難しいと回りくどく言っているのか 男が回りくどくて男の言っていることを理解するのが難しいのかどちらでしょうか?

• 文法解説と訳をお願いします

The man she was living with she considered a stranger she had to drive to the doctor and keep a constant eye on, but with whom a good conversation was no longer possible. どのように訳しますか?私の考えではThe manを修飾している形容詞節で、名詞句と考えているのですが、よく分かりません。

• 英文法 形式主語構文

It for to とIt that どう区別するのでしょうか? 〇It is natural that he go there. 〇It is natural for him to go there. 〇It is dangerous for you to cross the busy street. ×It is dangerous that you cross the busy street. 〇It is a pity that some men look down on women. × It is a pity for some men to look down on women. 〇It is rude for a man to ask a woman how old she is. × It is rude that a man asks a woman how old she is. 色々読んだのですが、わかりません。 どなたか説明お願いします。

• 解説お願いします。

解説をお願いします。 Although the world was known by educated people to be a sphere,nobody had been all the way around it, and in Columbus's time nobody knew how big it was. 上記ですが、「nobody had been all the way around it」の部分の構造が分かりません。 ●nobody(S) had been(V) all the way(副) around it(副).  all the way=はるばる と本には書いてありましたが、be動詞の訳はどうしたら良いでしょうか? お願いします。

• 英文法チェックおねがいします

1, it is not until your mother pass away that you appreciate your mother. 2, it will take three months to recover from such a terrible disaster. 3, it won’t be too long that you regret to have done such a stupid manner in public. 1, it is hilarious that you could not pass the exam although you had kept studying all night yesterday. 2, it was thoughtless of you to think you want to be a professional baseball player in your future, because possibility of that is extremely low. 3, it is widely known that Ichiro is not well known in the USA, even though everybody knows him in Japan 1, Do not take it for granted that your parents support you forever; you need to live by yourselves soon. 2, Keep it a secret that your proposal was declined 3, I found it fun and easy to make people believe about my incredible story. 1, He pretends to be like a professional computer user, but he doesn't even know how to open a PC. 2, Nobody know how to happen the global warming in the world, it is time to tell everybody to teach how awful it is.

• 文法ミスおしえてください

There are a lot of thinking points in this story. In my opinion, the author wanted to convey readers how the narrator’s thinking about the blind man was changed through this story. In the first time, the narrator believed that the blind man was totally different human being because he can not see anything, however, the narrator was surprised at him when he saw the blind man first time because his appearance was not so different as usual people. At first, the narrator felt big jealousy toward blind man, so he was mean to the blind man because his wife and the blind man seemed got along well. However, the narrator’s opinion about him was changed gradually as the story going. At first, the narrator was consumed by jealousy, however he opened his heart to him after drawing the cathedral together, also he learned a lot of things from blind man.

• 和訳をお願いします。

(1)if a man and a woman have children, they need to be married. (2)people aren't meant to be with the same person forever.