Is it rude to put out a message on social media just saying that?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • I was supposed to be getting married this weekend, but my fiancée called it off 10 days ago. Now people are asking about their gifts and I need some space.
  • After my fiancée called off our wedding, I've been flooded with messages from people asking about their gifts. I need some time alone to heal.
  • I need some space after my wedding was called off. Is it okay to announce it on social media?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

意味と文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

I was supposed to be getting married this weekend, but 10 days ago my fiancée called it off saying, “It wasn’t right.” This was a huge blow, of course, and I’m still struggling with it. My problem is that once it was announced I was inundated with messages from people asking about their gifts. I get that they want their gifts back, and I’m going to return everything. But I really need some space here just for a few days until I can get to a better place. Is it rude to put out a message on social media just saying that? just saying that?の意味と文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4111/5344)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.2

that は、”お祝いにもらったギフトを友達に返すけれど、少し心が落ち着くまで待って”と言う内容の事。文脈で解釈するしか無いので、My problemから訳します。 「問題は(私の結婚がなくなったことが)発表されてからギフトについてどうなったかたずねる人たちからのメッセージで溢れかえったこと。彼らはギフトを返してほしいんだと思うし、私も全部返すつもりです。でも少し気持ちが落ち着くまで(get to a better place) の2-3日だけ猶予(some space here) が本当に必要です。このことをSNSのメッセージだけで伝えたら失礼でしょうか?」 この文はわかりにくいです。まず、”asking about their gifts" と言うメッセージが溢れかえったと書いておきながら、"I get that ... " と「~と(言いたいんだと)わかってる」。つまりメッセージがいっぱい来て、ギフト返せって描いてあるとまだ読んでないのに解釈しているようです。 それと、need some space here, get to a better place が空間や場所のことを言っているように見えて、文脈からは気持ちの置き場、置所と理解する他無いこと。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

just saying that?の意味と文法的解説をよろしくお願いします 1。意味  (結婚やめたと)ただ言うだけで(理由も説明もしないで、社交メディアにメッセージを出すだけだったら失礼ですか?) 2。文法的解説  下記の(c)条件を表す、いわば「~だったら」のような分詞構文でしょう。  http://www.eibunpou.net/08/chapter20/20_3.html

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• この文法解説をおねがいします。

My christmas wish this year is for people to not post their gifts on social media. (1)上記は、it is 形容詞 for 人 to do構文やit is for the reason(理由のfor),賛成のforのどれにも当てはまりません。こんな文型はあるのでしょうか?また意味上の主語は何でしょうか?

• that節について

I’m a single woman with a large extended family. I cope with the enormous project of buying Christmas presents by getting them very early. Everyone in my family knows this; it’s the family joke that I have all my presents purchased by Halloween. My brother’s wife, Jean, sent out a group text last week saying they have decided not to exchange gifts with the extended family and would only be getting gifts for each other and their own kids. They have five kids, both together and via previous marriages, so I understand, but would have appreciated more notice. My mom asked what I was going to do, and I said I’d keep the gifts for the kids but return the ones I got for my brother and Jean. Unfortunately, my dad, the family bigmouth, overheard us and told my brother. This weekend, Jean made a snide remark about how I didn’t understand the “true meaning of Christmas” and how I’m withholding their gifts simply because I’m not getting anything in return. In the moment, I snapped that she doesn’t get to spend my money for me, but on reflection I’m a little afraid she’s right. it’s the family joke thatとI snapped thatはなぜthat節がとれるのでしょうか?決まりがあるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どういう意味なのか、よくわからないのですが

お世話になります。 While the very thought of coming up with a cold, hard, step-by-step actually makes me a little nauseated (which is saying a lot on account of the fact that an iron constitution goes with the whole vampire persona), I knew it was going to take as much to get me through the next few hours, or days, or weeks -- or however long it took to find out what the hell was going on and clear my name. 殺人犯の濡れ衣を着せられたヴァンパイアの女性が、迫り来る追っ手を前に考えこんでいる場面なのですが、どう訳せばいいのか、さっぱりわかりません。 ご教示いただけると助かります。 何とぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• はじめて見た使い方(文法)

A few days ago, I came across a ring-sized box my boyfriend was obviously planning to give me. It had the name of a company on it, and I immediately Googled it out of curiosity. I was taken aback when I found that this company sells cubic zirconia rings that cost about $20. So I did something that I now regret — I peeked inside the box. It was an engagement ring and wedding ring set that I saw on the website costs $20.99. an engagement ring and wedding ring set that I saw on the website costs $20.99.のsawとcostsは両方前の名詞にかかっているのでしょうか?このような言い方はできるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I have a 1-year-old daughter. On my days off, I like to try to get together with my friend, Stacey, a stay-at-home mom, and her 2-year old daughter and 1-year-old son. About a month ago, I accepted an invitation to her house and took my daughter to play with her children. My daughter had a head-cold—runny nose, occasional cough. I didn’t think it was a big deal since I would still have taken her to day care had it been a day that I was working. had it been a day that I was workingの意味と文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

• 日記風に、昨日の事を英語で書いてみました、添削をおねがいしたいのです。

Hi,Crystal! Sorry, I did not come here for a long day. I know I have to talk with you everyday for my dream. You know my dream, don't you. Everyday I say in my heart like this, “I want to learn and I want to speak English when I get a chance to go to US someday!”This is my dream. You help me a lot about it! I have been thanking you, Crystal! BTW, yesterday was the special day for me. Do you want to know what was the day yesterday? It was the wedding anniversary. I could hear “Congratulations!” Thank you, Crystal! Yesterday was day-off for me and my husband. So we played golf in Gunma prefecture. It was far a way to my home. But I could see mountains with snow and mountains covered with new green leaves. And cute and beatiful flowers! Everything were so beautiful! I wanted to show them to you. We touched a lot of natures not only played golf. It was a nice and special day. I have been thanking that we are well. I hope it will be forever. Wow,It is 11:55. I have to prepare a lunch for my family! Have a nice Sunday, Crystal!

• 添削と解説お願いいたします。

こんばんは. 和訳の添削よろしくお願い致します. (1)The Eskimos lived far from Japan, but their faces were like my own. →エスキモー人は日本から遠くに住んでいるが彼らの顔は私たちのようである。 (2)I already knew that they would be, but it was a surprise to see them all the same. →私はもう彼らがいるかもしれないことを知っていたがすべて同じ彼らの会うためのサプライズであった。 よろしくお願い致します。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I suffer from very severe clinical depression and anxiety disorder. I am under a doctor’s care, but I still have times when these issues overwhelm me. Recently, my life has been more stressful than usual. I have tried to talk to my husband about my depression in the past, but he just tells me that I have a good life and I shouldn’t feel that way. I told him I don’t feel like I can talk to him about what is going on with me because of these responses. He assures me he is my biggest supporter and I can talk to him about anything. This past weekend I told my husband I was feeling very depressed, and his response was to roll his eyes and say, “What’s wrong with you now?” I told him again that these reactions are why I don’t feel like I can actually talk to him. His response was to get angry with me because I refuse to realize how good I have it. how good I have itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My daughter was born on Sept. 11, 2001. It goes without saying the connotation that most people make with this date. For her whole life, people cringe when she gives them her date of birth, or occasionally makes a comment about being born on such a tragic day. Last week, when signing up for a rewards program at a bookstore, the clerk said “That was such a sad day,” and my daughter responded, “I can’t help the day I was born. By now everybody knows what happened on Sept. 11. I don’t need to be reminded.” I know my daughter came off as ungracious and bratty. But in a conversation with her later, she revealed that she feels guilty when people respond in that manner, she feels as though she should apologize for reminding them of however this tragedy affected them. But then she feels awkward, because she truly cannot help when she was born and is usually just trying to get through some sort of administrative task. I told her that this will be an issue she will have to deal with her whole life and we will work together to find a quick phrase for her to use. So far I’ve thought saying something like “That day affected everybody differently.” 1 rewards programとは何でしょうか? 2 she feels as thoughの前にはrevealedを受けてthatが省略されていると考えて良いでしょうか? 3  get through some sort of administrative taskはどのような意味でしょうか? 4 I’ve thought sayingはI’ve thought of sayingと何か違うのでしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• tossed aside

Approximately 20 years later, I get a letter from Keith, saying he wanted forgiveness for hurting me. I wrote back that it was not a big deal. In retrospect, that was the kind of response that I felt I should give, but it was certainly not how I felt. I was not honest with him or with myself. In the years since, I only feel more anger about this. I was tossed aside. I was tossed asideの訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします