• ベストアンサー

英訳お願いします><(上智大の過去問です)

Art,for Morris, was part of life - not the domain of the rich elite : "I do not want art for a few any more than education for a few or freedom for a few." 翻訳サイトで訳しても、うまくいきませんでした>< よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

モリスにとって、金持ちのエリート層を対象としない芸術は、人生の一部だった。 「僕は少数のための芸術は望まない。少数のための教育や少数のための自由を望まないようにね。」

ebichan1053
質問者

お礼

迅速な回答ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• あいだを英訳してください

who has developed those ordinary qualities to a more furnishing mode homes for the housing industry. ↑住宅産業のために それらの平凡な品質を開発した they built their business for more on simple dependability than on any acts of creative genius. ↑彼らはビジネスを建てた。 創造的な才能よりも

• 私の和訳合ってますか?

Genes can't be copied any more rapidly or productively than the geometric replication of DNA. の訳を教えてください。 Genes can't be copied any more rapidly or productively than the geometric replication of DNA. この訳ですが・・ 「遺伝子は、DNAの幾何学的な複製よりも速く、もしくは、生産的に複製される事は、できない。」 でいいですか? not ~any more than の構文かな? と思ったのですが、 He cannot swim any more than a hanmar can. (金槌と同様に彼は、泳げない) the geometric replication of DNA.だけで、動詞がないので、 any more =これ以上 と解釈しました。 これで、いいでしょうか?

• 英文の和訳お願いします!

100percent university attendance will not be attained in Japan any more than it will be in the United States,but univercity education will remain a reliable road to status for many Japanese. です(T_T)

• 4択問題です

英語の4択問題です。 括弧に入る答えを教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。 (1)He has a lot of books, most of ( ) I haven't read yet. 1what 2which 3that 4whom (2)China is a country ( ) I've wanted to visit for a long time. 1which 2where 3in which 4to which (3)You're not an expert at skiing ( )than I am. 1any more 2much more 3no more 4so much (4)He cannot ( ) write his own name. 1more than 2any less than 3so much as 4any more than 僕は(1)2(2)2(3)1(4)4 だと思いましたがどうでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• noをnot anyで言い換えた場合なのですが・・

どうもこんばんは。いつもお世話になっています。現在他の質問をしていながら、新たな質問をすることをお許し下さい。 俗にいう「鯨の公式」と呼ばれるものですが・・ A whale is no more a fish than a horse is. は A whale is not a fish any more than a horse is.に言い換えられると習いましたが、A whale is not any fish than a horse.やA whale is not any more a fish than a horse.ではいけませんか?僕にはどうしてnot anyにする際にnotとanyを離さなくてはいけないのかがよくわかりません。よろしくお願いします。

• Work is not the only obje

Work is not the only object of life any more than play. このanyはなんですか?

• moreだけで比較は成立しますか?

American men between the ages of 14 and 45 spend more time in the hospital for mental disorders than for any other cause, and only the delivery of a child accounts 【for more days】 in the hospital for woman of that age. この、【for more days】 は、何との比較になりますか? 私は、文脈的にamerican~causeとの比較ではないかと考えたのですが、 only~of that ageにthanが書かれていないので、確実にそうだと思えることが出来ませんでした。 おそらく、thanが省略されているのかと思うのですが・・・。 そういった省略表現(規則?)があれば教えて下さい。

• Somerset Maughamの作品の和訳なんですが…。

イギリスの作家Somerset Maughamの作品、「The Luncheon」の中の訳で分らないところがあります。ちなみに本文はhttp://ydj16.hihome.com/page-12.htmlに記載されています。 (1)But I was flattered and I was too young to have learned to say no to a woman. (Few men, I may add, learn this until they are too old to make it of any consequence to a woman what they say.) (2)she give me the impression having more teeth,white and large and even, than were necessary for any practical purpose. (3)Just a bite, I never want more than that, and I eat that more as an excuse for conversation than anything else. の3点が分りません。文の構造と単語は分るんですが、(too to構文とmore than構文) 訳ができません。どうかご教授ください。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英訳お願いします。

やたらと一文が長いので、訳せません。お願いします。 Eight percent of centenarians said they had sent text or instant messages, compared to one percent last year. And 12 percent are using iPods, four percent more than three years ago, the GfK Roper survey for Evercare showed. Nearly 100,000 centenarians are living in the United States, and the number is expected to climb to more than 601,000 by 2050, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. "I think everybody should have something to say in what's going on in their life and not just take everything for granted," said Marie Keeler, 101, from Minnesota. White, the octogenarian star of a popular Super Bowl commercial, was the top choice of a dinner date for most of the centenarians. She usurped actor Bill Cosby, who was the winner for the past two years. Tiger Woods, who was the second most popular pick a year ago, did not make the list this year following revelations about his marital infidelities. More than half of respondents said they would not invite Woods. Bill Clinton, Michelle Obama and Sarah Palin were also favorites of the centenarians to invite for dinner.

• 英訳をお願いします。

英訳をお願いします。 We understand that, in any case, Mr. ○○ would continue to be considered a Japanese resident, as he is required to be outside of Japan for more than one year in order to break residency. as以下の意味がよくわかりません。(前半の文章とのつながりがよくわかりません) 宜しくお願い致します。