• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:日本語に訳してください(;_;))

Britain's Rainy Season and Changing Climate

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the truth about Britain's rainy season and how it affects the country's landscape. Explore the beauty of the countryside and the popularity of hiking on weekends. Learn about the challenges of enjoying sunshine in a rainy climate and why many people choose to go on holiday abroad. Understand how global warming is impacting Britain's climate and how it is becoming a popular holiday destination. Discover the issues of overcrowded beaches and declining fish population in rivers.
  • Find out if Britain has a rainy season and how it affects the country's landscape. Learn about the beauty of the countryside and the popularity of hiking. Understand the challenges of enjoying sunshine in a rainy climate and discover why many people opt for holidays abroad. Explore the impact of global warming on Britain's climate and its emerging popularity as a holiday destination. Discover the issues of overcrowded beaches and declining fish population.
  • Uncover the truth about Britain's rainy season and its impact on the country's landscape. Explore the beauty of the countryside and the popularity of hiking as a weekend hobby. Understand the challenges of getting enough sunshine in a rainy climate and why many choose to go on holiday abroad. Learn about the changing British climate due to global warming and its increased popularity as a holiday destination. Discover the problems of overcrowded beaches and declining fish population in rivers.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ID10T5
  • ベストアンサー率31% (732/2313)
回答No.1

人々がイギリスに雨季があるのか尋ねるならば、私はいつもこう答える。「はい、雨季は1月に始まって、12月に終わります」と。だからこそ人々はいつも傘を持ち歩いているのだ。雨はいつ降り始めるのか分からないから。 雨がたくさん降るといいことが一つある。雨は草を青々とさせる。雨のお陰で田舎の風景は美しくなる。ハイキングは人気のある趣味で週末になると多くの人々は町から車ででかけ田舎の空気を楽しむ。田舎道を散歩することは、日曜の午後の過ごし方として典型的な英国風のやり方だ。 しかし問題もある。雨のせいで十分な太陽の光を得られないのだ。夏になると人々は浜辺に座って日差しのなかで寝ころびたがる。これは英国ではいつも可能なわけではない。仮に一分太陽を楽しんでも、次の一分には雨で濡れてしまうこともある。英国では雨のせいで、多くの人々は休日を外国で過ごそうとする。 しかし英国の気候も地球温暖化のせいでゆっくりと変化している。地球の温度は毎年上がっている。寒かった国々は暖かくなっている。湿っていた国々は乾いてきている。 英国は暑く乾いてきているので、このところ英国は休日を過ごす場所として人気が高まってきている。英国の南西部の海岸を訪れる人々が増えてきている。ここでの問題は海岸が非常に混雑し汚されてきていることだ。 英国には地球温暖化によって引き起こされる別の問題がある。川の魚が減ってきているのだ。雨が以前より減ったため、川の水位が下がってしまい、水温が上がってしまった。魚はこのような条件ではうまく生きられない[注:earilyはタイプミスでeasilyかな?]。英国人はまもなくフィッシュなしでチップスを食べるようになるのだろうか。[注:フィッシュアンドチップという英国伝統の食べ物(決してうまくはないとボクは思いますが)の話です。]

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 長文の英訳お願いします!part2

part1の続きです。 It is claimed that many British companier are losing business through a lack of language skills. Telephone operators often do not understand enough to put through overseas calls,and in a league of European companies with executives who are able to negotiate in a foreign language,Britain is second from bottom. Because of poor language skills at home,employers in Britain are turning increasingly to nationals of other countries when recruiting staff,especially in areas such as hotels,commerce and international transport. Nor is there much good news from British schools,where statistics show that languages are not given as much priarity as in other parts of Europe.

• 18-5日本語訳

お願いします。 Many people benefit from Q&A sites such as OKWave, as they help solve their problems. This is quite understantable. In fact, this is probably the raison d'etre of such Q&A sites; to provide a space where community members can both seek and offer knowledge to help eachother. Putting it another way, people "take advantage" of Q&A sites for their own benefit, be it for their personal enlightenment, professional gains, or for their academic ends. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with that. However, when "taking advantage" escalates to sheer "exploitation", I begin to wonder. Though a minority, there are those who through in a long passage/text of Japanese or English, hoping that someone will translate it for them. In Japanese, this act is known as "Marunage". It is astonishing that there are even people who do this Marunage repeatedly and continuously. I am in no position to criticize such people who routinely do Marunage, and in deed, there is always a generous, saintly person who responds to the requests. The truth is, however, that those throwing in Marunage questions are academic losers and those answering them, are the winners.

• 日本語訳お願いします><

Haisla artist,Lyle Wilson:“This process of doing sculpture today is quite different from the past in the sense that today the buildings are so finely designed that the people who carve are actually requested to do a scale model that is exact.Whereas in the old days when they do a house post or a totem pole they do it entirely from memory or their experience,so there are no scale models there are no drawings as opposed to today where every thing is really finely tuned.”“This piece has been commissioned by the First Nations House of Learning,which is a center for aboriginal people at the University of British Colombia and it’s made out of red cedar.And it will be two figures that are half-human and half animal.And one side will represent the Eagle and the other side will represent the Beaver Clan,which is on this side.And the reason why I picked them was because the Beaver is my Mother's crest and Eagle is my Father's crest.So I wanted to present both of those on this post because it dose represent myself and my family from Kidamount.”Thatcertain pride in its ethnicity has given Vancouver a multicultural atmosphere.The Chinese arrived in this area in 1858.The attraction was the Fraiser River gold rush and all who came hoped to strike it ribh.Today Vancouver is enriched and enlivened by its substantial Chinese population. Early in the morning,people gather to practice Tai Chi.The teachings and techniques have been handed down from generation to generation.

• 英文をうまく訳せず困っています。

イギリスの移民の増加について書かれた英文を読んでいます。 その中でいくつかうまく訳せない部分がありましたのでどなたか日本語的に通る訳をしてくださいませんか?よろしくお願いします。 以下分からない部分を箇条書きにしました。 (1)There are major concerns about the stress this is placing on social services.("this is"がよくわかりません・・・) (2)There is also the question of government benefits being given to the immigrants: one out of every six Eastern Europeans living in Britain is collecting public aid.("one out of"をどう訳せばいいのでしょうか・・・。) (3)In London, more than one out of every five crimes, about one-third of all sex crimes and one-half of all frauds are committed by the foreign population.((2)と同じく"one out of"で悩んでいます。) (4)Yet despite these numbers, perhaps the largest concern that the native British have is the fear of losing their national identity in favor of cultural diversity.("in favor of"以下をどう組み込むと自然なんでしょうか・・・) (5)People have also suggested that the English flag, a red cross on a white background, should be done away with because some might associate them with the Crusades, and the Muslim Council of Britain demanded that Islamic law now be incorporated into British law in areas where there are Muslim populations.("and"の前と後ろをどうつなぐのか悩んでいます。) (6)We sometimes joke in Britain about how all the plumbers nowadays seem to be from Poland. And people have come from other Eastern European countries as well. For example, I do not think that there are any buses still running in Lithuania because there are so many Lithuanian bus drivers here in Birmingham.(どのあたりが面白いのかよくわかりません・・・何を言っているジョークなんでしょうか?) 以上6点です。よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語訳を!c13-4

お願いします!続き  Shiva wears a pair of mismatched earrings.This jewelry represents his masculine side and his feminine side.The one in his right ear is in the shape of a crocodile-like creature.That one represents his masculine nature.His other earring is circular with a hole in the middle.It represents his feminine nature.Sometimes Shiva is shown half male and half female to symbolize fertility.And sometimes Shiva is completely female.Then Shiva is known as Devi or the Mother Goddess.Devi changes her form depending on the circumstance.She can be either destructive or loving and gentle.Durga and Kali are terrible and extremely blondthirty forms of this deity.Although they seem frightening,Durga and Kali are not out to get good people.They are there to destory evil and demons.The Mother Goddess of Wealth and Prosperity,and Saraswati,the Goddess of Learning and Music.  Shiva was not the only deity that people began paying more attention to about 1000 BCE.People began telling more and more stories about Vishnu.Vishnu takes on a special form(called an avatar)and appears on earth to save people whenever some major obstacle or evil power threatens the universe.Krishna,who drives the chariot of Prince Arjuna in the Mahabharata,is actually Vishnu appearing as a charioteer in order to lead the embattled prince to victory.Vishnu's job is to maintain the balance between good and evil in the universe.From time to time,it becomes necessary for Vishnu to destroy the universe,because there is too much evil and it has to be purified.But after a period of rest,the whole cycle of existence begins again.

• 日本語訳お願いします。

In much of the world, authority is not challenged, either out of respect or out of fear, and, sometimes because a hierarchy of rank has been fixed for so long that people have been trained for generations never to challenge it. In such countries children are not expected to question their teachers in school, and brilliant young scholars or inventive industrial geniuses are hampered in technical research because they hesitate to disagree with their "superiors." Clever researchers may be considered too young to have any right to present findings that contradict the knowledge and wisdom of their elders. The American is trained from childhood to question, analyze, search. "Go and look it up for yourself;’’ a child will be told. In many schools tasks are designed to stimulate the use of a wide range of materials. An assignment to "Write a paper on the world's supply of sugar," for example, will send even a young child in search of completely unfamiliar ideas. Even in the primary grades children are taught to use libraries and to search for new ideas. By the time they are 14, 15, or 16, many young scholars are making original and valuable contributions in all fields of science. Industry is so aware of this untouched resource that each year, through national competitions, it offers awards to teenagers in order to seek out (and later employ) young people with brilliant, inquiring minds.

• 日本語に訳してください

日本語に訳せません(><;) 教えてください。 It says that the cost of living in London is becoming higher than in Tokyo. That's difficult for me to believe since Japan has always been regarded as the most expensive place to purchase a house and to go shopping. The next paragraph says that 500 people are leaving England each day to live abroad because of high prices.

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

— Griffith In August 1917, 127 mm (5.0 in) of rain fell, 84 mm (3.3 in) on 1, 8, 14, 26 and 27 August; the weather was also overcast and windless, which much reduced evaporation. Divided into two ten-day and an eleven-day period, there were 53.6, 32.4 and 41.3 mm (2.11, 1.28 and 1.63 in) of rain that August. In the 61 hours before 6:00 p.m. on 31 July, 12.5 mm (0.49 in) of rain fell and from 6:00 p.m. on 31 July to 6:00 p.m. on 4 August, there was 63 mm (2.5 in) of rain. There were three dry days and 14 days with less than 1 mm (0.039 in) of rain during the month. Three days were sunless and one had six minutes of sun; over 27 days there were 178.1 hours of sunshine, an average of 6.6 hours per day. The weather in August 1917 was exceptionally bad and Haig had been justified in expecting that the weather would not impede offensive operations, because rain would have been dried by the expected summer sunshine and breezes. Petain had committed the French Second Army to an attack at Verdun in mid-July, in support of the operations in Flanders. The attack was delayed, partly due to the mutinies which had affected the French army after the failure of the Nivelle Offensive and also because of a German attack at Verdun from 28–29 June, which captured some of the ground intended as a jumping-off point for the French attack. A French counter-attack on 17 July re-captured the ground, the Germans regained it on 1 August, then took ground on the east bank on 16 August. The battle began on 20 August and by 9 September, had taken 10,000 prisoners. Fighting continued sporadically into October, adding to the German difficulties on the Western Front and elsewhere. Ludendorff wrote: On the left bank, close to the Meuse, one division had failed ... and yet both here and in Flanders everything possible had been done to avoid failure ... The French army was once more capable of the offensive. It had quickly overcome its depression. — Ludendorff: Memoirs yet there was no German counter-attack, because the local Eingreif divisions were in Flanders.

• 短文の日本語訳お願いします。

移民についての短文ですが、上手く訳すことができず、困っています。 日本語訳をお願いします。 I believe immigration is the body and soul of America. It is a cornerstone value of our nation that constantly renews its greatness. But today,our immigration system is in crisis. It is estimated that there are now over 11 million illegal immigrants is the United States, 1.7 million of whom are children. Because of a shortage of visas, many immigrant families are forced apart. Husbands and wives, parents and children,and brothers and sisters are unable to reunite. This system allows unscrupulous employers to ignore the law and to use undocumented workers as cheap labor. It's time to face the facts: our immigration system is badly broken and we have to find a practical but fair solution to fix it.

• 日本語から英語へ

In the future, I would like to become a teacher, and teach as much as I can to people. The reasons are, firstly, because I like to teach people. But still, it is difficult to teach in any case. So I want to be a teacher that can tell what I want to tell clearly. Secondly, this occupation is a job that gives us a chance to communicate with all sorts of people from all sorts of countries, and know about them. This can be the reason of why I want to work for this occupation. And now, to make my dreams come true, I need to study. Studying is important, and I would continue to put effort to become a teacher. Thank you very much. と、いう文章を日本語へ翻訳していただきたいのですが、よろしければお願いします。