• ベストアンサー

allow for

"Right now I can’t stop thinking about these Alexander Wang heels and the possibilities they would allow for." -and the possibilities they would allow for の意味を教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Imiko
  • ベストアンサー率57% (280/491)
回答No.2

辞書によると、allow for には、 1. ~を許す 2. ~を可能にさせる、~という効果がある 3. ~を準備する という意味があります。ご質問の文章では、2 の意味だと思われます。 直訳では、 アレキサンダー・ワンのハイヒールが可能にする可能性 アレキサンダー・ワンのハイヒールによって得られる可能性 と訳せますが、要するに「どんなに素敵かしら」ですね。 「もし自分がアレキサンダー・ワンのハイヒールを履いたら・・・」という仮定の意味を込めて、would が使われています。

その他の回答 (2)

• gaucho7
  • ベストアンサー率56% (73/129)
回答No.3

Alexander Wangは最近評判のファション・デザイナーで、中でも高価な超ハイヒール(ヒール13cm、靴底3cmトータル16セン チの高さの靴)の婦人靴デザインなどで有名です。この高いハイヒール靴のヒールがかかとからとれないように、彼が独特の 方法で合金製の逆V型ウエッジを使用してヒールと靴底を連結をしてます。そしてなるべく足首をくじかないように周到にまた エレガントにデザインされています。 上記の事情を考慮にいれますと >>>-and the possibilities they would allow for の意味を教えてください。<<< 「それらの高いヒールの靴の製作実現に完璧に達成した(デザイン的)可能性」になると思います。

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

あくまでも推測の域を出ませんが、「今はアレグザンダー・ワングのハイヒールのことばかり考えてしまう。それを履いたらどんな感じになるだろうかと」 みたいな文ではないだろうかと思いました。 下記の辞書を見ると、"to plan on the possibility of something" とあったので。

参考URL:
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/allow+for

関連するQ&A

• 次の文の(       )内にthink を

適切な形にして入れる問題で、 People can get along well without knowing much about language, and only stop ( ) about it if they fail to understand each other. thinking かなと思ったのですが、日本語訳がよくわからなくなりました。 どなたか正しい答えと、この文の日本語訳も教えてください。

• I haven't stop thinking about の意味を教えてください。

英語の解釈の仕方で教えてください。 I cannot stop thinking aboutとI haven't stop thinking aboutは 日本語訳は同じだと考えてもいいのでしょうか?それとも、意味合いが 違ってくるのでしょうか? 以下が全文なのですが、教えていただけると助かります。 よろしくお願いいたします。 I haven't stop thinking about that night we had, it was great and I would love to see you again.

• stand for, abbreviation

stand for と abbreviationは同じと聞きました。でもこの内容のメールが来ました。 (1,2,3) 1、stands for can be used for other meanings: stands forには他の意味でも使われる??? 2、  1) (~ allow) I wont stand for bad language. 3、  2) (~advocate) Obama san stands for freedom and justice. 訳教えてください

• 英語の語法について

昨日添削されて返ってきた英文なのですが We will not be asking their blessing for us to get married (We have being thinking about it but not now yet), so the visit may end up with the usual greetings and they might just say, "Oh, nice to see you." という文章のなかの、" We have being thinking about it" が理解できません。これは正しいものでしょうか?  "We have been thinking about it"なら、理解できるのですが、先生の単なるタイプミスでしょうか。ネットで調べると、"have being thinking"に 6,100件も該当があります。"have being thinking"は、英語圏では事実上通用している語法なのでしょうか。  よろしくご教示ください。

• 速単の一部です

No wonder many perents are discouraged, but they needn't be. By doing simple things like reading to their child, sharing their thinking about what they read, and telling their child stories, they can help develop the foundation needed for children. sharingの後のtheir whatの後のtheir storiesの後のthey この三つは何を指していますか?

• 至急です!英検2級の作文添削お願いします!

至急です!!英検2級の作文添削お願いします!;; TOPIC These days, many parents give their children smartphones or tablets to use. Do you think children should have these electronic devices? I think children should have smartphones or tablets. First, if they use these electronic devices, they can study efficiently. For example, these electronic device can provide a good opportunity of studying because these election devices can use Internet that have many websites for studying.Second, it is convenient for children when they want to send a message for their parents. For instance, these erection devices have many communication apps. Therefore, they can send and receive messages any time and anywhere. In conclusion, I strongly agree with this opinion.

• 英語の翻訳

海外通販にて商品を注文したところ、以下のようなメールが送られてきました。 翻訳願います。 thanks You for Your order! There´s one problem: By mistake I don´t have the hooded jacket with stars, and the sweater with bird print in size 1y. I can offer these items in size 2-3y (they are small in size and would fit a 1y old) or I will refund the money for these items or if You wish You can cancel Your order! sorry and thanks for Your understanding,

• 英語の文法チェックしてください

Especially, Australian people are more individualism than Japanese. We tend to care about what people think about. On the other hand, Australian is more likely to do whatever they want. Also, they value their own individuality. I do not know that was good for us, but I just changed my mind after knowing their thinking, and now I always do whatever I want to try as much as possible because my life can not repeat. Anyway, all of my experiences in Australia were amazing for me. The most unforgettable experience over there was learning to appreciate my parents because they always cared about me, and support me all the time. Now, my family is the most precious treasure to me. なにか文法のミスを指摘してもらえるとうれしいです

• and の使い方

You can not stop there and go home now. can not はstopだけにかかっていますか? ⇒「あなたはそこで止めることは出来ない。だから今家に帰りなさい。」 もしくは、stop とgo 両方にかかっているのでしょうか? ⇒「あなたはそこで止めて今家に帰ることはできません。」 それともstop とgo の両方を否定する場合には、 You can not stop there or go home now. と、するのでしょうか? It is impossible to stop there and go home already. impossible はstop と go にかかっていますか? ⇒「そこで止めてもう家に帰るのは不可能です。」 それとも「そこで止めるのは不可能なので、もう家に帰りなさい。」という意味になるのでしょうか? どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 英語のメッセージを訳してほしいです

このメッセージを訳してください>< まだまだ英語力が足りずよくわかりません 英語の得意なかたお願いします! Thanks :-) im happy to tell you something about Italy, i'd love to know more about Japan and the language too. Right now i'd love to know how i can someone to message me in Japanese and i'll try to translate it so i can know what they tell me :-) If you like my Skype ID is Binomag, chatting i think is very good to exchange opinions and discuss about our countries and everything, for now bye!