• ベストアンサー

brush up onとbrush upの違いは?

He went to France to brush up on his speaking ability. 会話力に磨きをかけるため、彼はフランスに行った I would like to brush up my English. 私は英語にみがきをかけたい。 全く同じと考えて良いのでしょうか・・・?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.1

文法的には on があると brush up は自動詞で、ないと他動詞という違いがあるだけで、意味は同じです。目的語が単に English という1単語だけだと他動詞の方が歯切れが良くて好まれる (brush up English) ということはあるようです。

chuuuuuta0802
質問者

お礼

わかりました。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• brush up の使い方

brush upは辞書では、復習する、磨き直すとなっていますが、これは一度、忘れたり、低下した能力を再度磨くときにのみ使うのでしょうか。私は、現在より高いレベルに持っていくー develop ーと同じと思っていたのですが。 例えば、brush up my english は、英語をより磨くと思っていたのですが、やり直すという意味でしか使えないのでしょうか。

• I'm working on my speaking with com

I'm working on my speaking with computer software but soon I would like to practise with peaple.  どういう意味でしょうか?? 調べてもわかりませんでした。  教えてください。

• 丁寧なお願いの仕方

英語の勉強を手伝ってあげるよ!何を手伝えばいい? と言ってくれているネイティブの方に、 「私はあなたに私のスピーキング能力をあげる手伝いをして欲しいです。」とどのような手段で、かはおいておいて、 I would like to~を使って丁寧に表現したいのですがその場合、 I would like you to help improve my English speaking ability. でしょうか?間違っていたら修正お願いします。 (helpの後に toはいりますか?) また、違う表現があれば教えてください!(>人<;)

• よろしくお願いします

I went to my favorite cafe in Nashville and saw a man on the corner sitting on a curb with his pants down, just going to town on himself. He scooted his butt off the curb and took a shit, then tried to brush it away from himself with his free hand. It did not brush away. It smeared. He held his poop hand away from him and kept jerking it. 全文の和訳を教えてください。on himselfはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文法の問題

He plans to go to England( )his ability to speak English. この問題の()にはfor improvingが入ることが出来ないのですが、なぜでしょうか?お願いします。

• bear on がイディオム?それともbear と on で別別の要素?

...his garbled language bear on his ability to be an effective leader. bear と on は別々に捕らえたほうがいいですか? bear on でイディオムですか?

• up to his old ways

Two years ago, I caught my husband having an emotional affair with a friend of ours. Even though we went through counseling and he told me he was no longer in contact with her, he lied. He continued to lie for almost a year, even during our counseling sessions. In one session, he tried to blame me for his actions, and after six months, he still refused to take any responsibility for the affair. This whole thing has made me not trust him. I recently saw an email to an ex-girlfriend from high school. He said he wished he had been a better person, and that he would be looking for a woman like her. He says they were just reminiscing about the past. I believe he is up to his old ways. up to his old waysとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• Always Constanly Foreverの違い

ある問題集にHe'sで文を始め次の1~7の動詞を現在進行形にしてA~Gに合うものにつなげその際にForever, constantly または alwaysをいれなさい。 1. mess up 2. leave 3. borrow 4. brag 5. try 6. crack 7.forget A. about himself B. the kitchen C. my clothes without asking me D. to give me my phone message E. his dirty dishes on the table F. to show me he:s smarter than me G. his knuckles while I'm trying to study という問題なんですが、答えが He's always messing up the kitchen. He's always leaving his dirty dishes on the table. He's forever borrowing my clothes without asking me. He's constantly bragging about himself. He's always trying to show me he’s smarter than me. He's constantly cracking his knuckles while I’m trying to study. He's always forgetting to give me my phone messages. です。 どのようにこの答ではAlways,Forever,Constantlyを選んでいるのですか?

• on his own terms

My grandfather passed away three years ago. It was the first death in the family I’ve experienced. I was absolutely in bits when he died. He was very healthy all of my life until that point. He had an ongoing “flu” for a couple weeks that turned out to be cancer, and he passed within a month of letting all of the immediate family know about the diagnosis. He did not opt for treatment that would have lengthened his life, which I absolutely am grateful for. He passed on his own terms in his home. He passed on his own terms「自分が思うがままに死んだ」?でしょうか?どういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• rail on

After three years my boyfriend broke up with me. It was sudden, completely unexpected, and the reason for the breakup seems to have less to do with the relationship and more to do with his current mental state. I am constantly fluctuating between hurt, sadness, anger, and confusion. My friends have been the best. I cannot imagined having a more supportive network. However, one of my friends has decided to rail on my ex constantly talking about how awful he was, etc. rail on my exはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします