Always, Forever, Constantlyの違い | 英語問題集の解答例

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 「Always」「Forever」「Constantly」は、文の中での継続的な行動や特定の状態を強調するために使われる表現です。
  • 「Always」は、常に繰り返される行動や状態を表し、「Forever」は、永遠に続く行動や状態を表します。
  • 一方、「Constantly」は、頻繁に行われる行動や状態を表します。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

Always Constanly Foreverの違い

ある問題集にHe'sで文を始め次の1~7の動詞を現在進行形にしてA~Gに合うものにつなげその際にForever, constantly または alwaysをいれなさい。 1. mess up 2. leave 3. borrow 4. brag 5. try 6. crack 7.forget A. about himself B. the kitchen C. my clothes without asking me D. to give me my phone message E. his dirty dishes on the table F. to show me he:s smarter than me G. his knuckles while I'm trying to study という問題なんですが、答えが He's always messing up the kitchen. He's always leaving his dirty dishes on the table. He's forever borrowing my clothes without asking me. He's constantly bragging about himself. He's always trying to show me he’s smarter than me. He's constantly cracking his knuckles while I’m trying to study. He's always forgetting to give me my phone messages. です。 どのようにこの答ではAlways,Forever,Constantlyを選んでいるのですか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.1

3つはとても似ていて同義語で区別が難しいと思いますので、あまり良い問題とも思えません。 普通は always を使えばよいと思います。 forever はとてもイヤ (不愉快) なことだと「強調」するのに使います。 constantly はフォーマルな感じですので日常会話ではあまり使わないと思われます。<正解>の例文からすると、不快なことというよりは直りにくい「くせ」みたいなものを指すようです。

kochoura-l
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。 アメリカ人に聞いてもニュアンスの違いだけで的確な答えがないと言われました。 でもKappNetsさんの意見を参考に答えを見てみると、何となくコツがつかめそうです。

関連するQ&A

• save him from himself

My five year-old son is starting kindergarten and wants to dress himself. None of his clothing matches and I’m worried his friends and others will make fun of him for the way he looks. He is insisting on picking out his own clothes. My husband and I are torn over what to do. Do we allow him to pick his own clothes OR do we save him from himself and demand he wear what we tell him to? save him from himself はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• run interference

My boyfriend killed himself last week. We had a fight after he went through my phone, we argued, and he threw a glass against the wall. I left to stay with some friends. He called and texted and emailed me; I told him I wanted to break up because everything was too exhausting to deal with. He threatened to kill himself, and I hung up. I cried myself to sleep that night, and I woke up to find out he took his father’s gun and shot himself. I am so numb right now. My friends have been running interference, grabbing my clothes and laptop from his apartment (his sister tried to destroy them) and screening my calls. run interferenceはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 長いですがよろしくお願いします

My boyfriend is a kind, compassionate man who washes the dishes and walks my dog. I've been his girlfriend for five years. Last month, when we ran into one of his friends, he introduced me as his "pal." I let him have it! And I'm still angry. He's chronically late—I'm not talking fashionably late, either. When he arrived two hours late for our fifth-anniversary dinner, I almost castrated him! He's been out of work forever, and I'm tired of paying for everything. We talk about marriage, but he never proposes. He says he "resents" being "forced" into anything. He wants to live in the city; I don't. Once he starts working (whenever that miracle happens) he wants to live alone for at least a year. How long does he expect me to wait before he marries me? We're having sex less and less. MORE FROM ASK E. JEAN "Am I the Right Woman or the Other Woman?" "My Mother-in-Law Won't Stop Trying on My Clothes" Ask E. Jean: How Do I Get Over My Height? I just feel like I'm doing all the work. And love shouldn't hurt the way he's hurt me. Should I persevere? Even thinking of cutting my losses makes my heart seize up. He's always had my back. 1 I let him have it!の意味を教えてください。 2 どの都市か分からないのになぜthe cityなのでしょうか?a cityになるかと思ってしまうのですが 3 Even thinking of cutting my losses makes my heart seize up.の訳を教えてください。 以上よろしくお願いします

• 進行形+alwaysはどういう時に使うの?

皆さんこんにちは。いつもお答えありがとうございます。 またしても文法的な質問なのですが、 進行形とalwaysはどういう時に一緒に使うのですか? My mom's always telling me to scrub my hands. (お母さんはいつも、手をごしごし洗うように言うんだよなぁ。うるさいなぁ。) この様に、腹立たしさや、いらいらしてる感じを伝えられるのは分かるのですが、 下記のような場合にも進行形+alwaysで表現できますか? 「もっとしっかりやりなさい」と言われて、 「いつも全力でやってるよ」と言い返すような場合、 "I'm always doing my best!!"は適切でしょうか? (今も全力だし、いつも全力だよ!!と言いたい) "I always do my best."では客観的な表現なような気がして、気持ちが伝わらないような気がします。 もしくは、I've always been doing my best.の方が適切でしょうか? 文法の正誤よりも、実際にどのような言い方をするのかを知りたいです。よろしくお願いします。

• nudges

My roommate Jared is a fitness nut. We met at college, and he’s seen pictures of me from high school, when I was much thinner. Lately Jared has been pushing me to start exercising again. He keeps asking me to take part in his very intense workout regimen. He has also suggested healthier options when he sees me munching on a candy bar or drinking soda. Jared used to be overweight and so I think his nudges are heartfelt, but misguided: Losing weight made him feel better about himself, so in his mind losing weight should make me feel good about myself. ここでのnudgesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

My husband's older brother comes over every few weeks to do his laundry. While he's here, he helps himself to my snacks. My husband's younger cousin also comes over every now and then to do his laundry and eat (at our expense or my labor). at our expense or my laborの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

My son, who I've always felt very close to, has started to call me by my first name. I'm 67 and he's 40. I've always tried to be there for him. I have loved being his mom. He loves to tease me, so I didn't say anything about it for a while, because I knew he would run with it, but I figured he wasn't going to stop so I asked him to please stop calling me by my first name. he would run with itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• catch himself

My father had an ulcer that became infected. It was relatively simple to cure but he refused to believe the doctors. Instead he diagnosed himself with some sort of virus. He stopped taking his medicine. He created his own ointments instead. He’s very intelligent so his reasoning could sound very convincing. It was hard to identify when it crossed the line into mental illness. But the infection never healed. He went from surfing and swimming every day to barely being able to walk. He aged twenty years. And still he refused to go to a doctor. He’d isolate himself from anyone who challenged him. When he finally collapsed and was admitted to a hospital, the doctors said he had the lowest red blood cell count they’d ever seen. Only then did he accept that things were out of his control. He’s much healthier now. He’s almost back to normal. He’ll occasionally fall into the old script of defending his actions, but he manages to catch himself. catch himselfはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

In the above video, Stone Temple Pilots guitarist Dean DeLeo says the band's communication with Scott Weiland began to break down in 1994. He said things have always been good between himself, Robert, and Eric but that after continually trying to make things work with Scott, he couldn't take any more. DeLeo said, “There's only so much [you can do]. I can go to my grave saying I gave it my all.”

• user

My 23-year-old son does not want to work and spends all his time playing video games. He's obsessed with them. He disrespects my house -- and me -- by not cleaning his room. I don't know what to do. He's my son, but he is a user and feels he's entitled to live here. ここでのuserはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします