Why is Sydney lacking in live events?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The main reason Sydney lacks live events is the scarcity of live venues.
  • The few venues that do exist are only interested in hosting the same old acts.
  • Most people in Sydney have little interest in attending live events.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

下記の英文について質問があります。

すいません質問があります。 You have mentioned a couple of times the fact that Sydney doesn't have much happening in the way of live events, etc... Why do you think that is? I guess the main reason is the lack of live venues; the ones that operate are usually only interested in the same old shit. + Most people aren't really interested in anything here... 答えの、2行目だけがわかりません。the onesはライブイベントを指すと思うのですがどうでしょうか? となると、「ライブがいつも興味を持っているのは、同じ顔ぶれのオールドシットだけだ」これはつまり、 「ライブにいつもやってくるのは、同じ顔ぶれのおっさん連中ばっかりだ。ほとんどのやつらはここ(シドニー)ではさっぱり興味を持たない。」 こんな感じのことを言いたいのでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#183197
noname#183197
回答No.3

ones は live venues (ライブ施設)を指していると思います。the ones that operate で「運営している/稼動している施設」 これはインタビューなので、文法がいまいちになってしまっているのでしょう。 後に are interested in と続くことから、意味的には the ones that operate の部分は「運営しているライブ施設の運営者」になりますが。

medium_2011
質問者

お礼

アドバイスありがとうございます。 うーむ・・・いつもどこか1箇所で惑わされて解釈がずれるんですよね・・・。 でもみなさん当たり前に出来てるし・・・。 まだまだです。 ありがとうございました。 他のみなさんもありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (3)

noname#183197
noname#183197
回答No.4

訳すと 主に、ライブ施設が不足しているのが原因だと思う。 既存の施設では同じたぐいのものばっかりやってるし、 ここでは何かに興味を示す人があまりいないのかな。。。みたいな感じです。

回答No.2

the ones that operate are = those people who operate are

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

the ones that operate = (ライヴイベントの)運営者 でしょう。 「運営者ときたら昔ながらの手垢の付いた企画にしか興味を持たない」

関連するQ&A

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

Note that in the twenty-nine centuries between 1000 B.C. and 1900, life expectancy increased by almost thirty years, and in the seventy years between 1900 and it increased almost another twenty-four years. These striking increases are misleading, however, because the averages reflect to a very large extent reductions in infant mortality. The figures we have been discussing-the ones in the first row of the second section-are life expectancies at birth. The second row of this table shows the life expectancies at the age of sixty-five years. It can be seen that in 1970, the average sixty-five-year-old could expect to live about fifteen more years, to the age of about eighty-nine years longer than the average life expectancy of the newborn infant. That is, when you were born you could expect to live seventy-one years, and as you grew older and survived longer, you could expect to live longer. (See P&L Close-up, Life Expectancy: How Long Is long?) お願いします。

• 下記の英文の意味を教えて下さい。

For the old items, I can reorder them, we just do not keep them in stock, but if you want me to reorder as long as you order 2pieces ( sometimes 3 ) I can special order them for you, which ones are you interested in. For the sold out items, generally speaking, they were not the most popular, i do think the AAA tote was very popular and should do well in USA and also the BBB. Right now we ordered the “CCC” and a lot of clients have been waiting for it, if you want to place an order for that and pre-order you can do, that should release in a couple of days.

• 下記の英文を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を複数購入しました。支払いは終わっているのですが、商品と発送のことでメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えてください。お願いします。 Hope you are well. I see that you have made payment already. I believe that you will be booking your own courier then. Please do not book them yet, I will let you know once your order is ready. I have a question re the MADE IN USA labels, they are to go on the plastic packaging of the AAA, is this correct...? Also, some of the purses come in boxes but I think that you want the label to go on the BBB plastic AAA rather than the box in which the purse sits, is this correct..?

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。サイズ感がわからないので人物が持っている画像はありませんか?と質問しました。返事きたんですがすみませんが意味を教えてください。お願いします。 I do not have access to Becky's drop box unfortunately. The photos with models that we have and that we could give you are quite old and showing our old stock. Would you be interested in these? We also have photos sent by our bloggers that agreed to have them used by 3rd parties if you'd be interested, and photos of celebrities wearing our AAA if you'd be interested.

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

In old age, in contrast, the usual cause of losing a spouse is death, and the death is likely to be gradual in onset. Consequently, in principle an old person should have time to prepare for the crisis of losing a spouse, who has become ill. In practice, it turns out that the warning signs are seldom heeded; after all, as pointed out earlier, we are not given the kinds of training-socialization-that would prepare us to meet normal life crises. Consequently, loss of a spouse in old age may be as psychologically sudden in onset as in early adulthood, in effect. お願いします。

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

Disengagement As people get older, they tend to withdraw gradually from society, and at the same time society tends to withdraw from them. This progressive, mutual withdrawal is called disengagement. Because of disengagement, old people are less interested in having social contacts, and have fewer social contacts, with less emotional involvement in them. Viewed positively, disengagement permits the old person to enjoy a more leisurely way of life, but working against this positive aspect of disengagement is the work ethic that requires activity, including social activity to maintain a sense of self-worth (Kalish, 1975). お願いします。

• 下記英文の解釈について質問があります 1

What's on your schedule at the moment? Doing release-related work for lokai, like getting the website ready, spreading the word about the release, doing lots of finetuning with the live versions of the pieces. With this program, it is an even more refined and live process. Next to that, I am finishing my second KMET soloalbum, doing some live Shows in Spain with Fatima Spar & the freedomfries, and also working on the trio exklusiv album. With this program, it is an even more refined and live process. この部分の解釈ですが、with this programというのは、finetuning云々のことをさしているのですよね。 それと、live processがうまく解釈できません。 refined process and live processということでしょうか?このliveは品詞は形容詞ですか? というか、live processがなければかっちりはまるのですが・・・。 You could have just continued down with your solo efforts. What made you come together for a new Lokai album nonetheless? I like to work with Stefan a lot. For me it´s a very unique way of creating music. At the same time, we are both continuing with our solos. My second solo album is almost ready. I am looking for the right place to release it right now. It is called KMET and it´s an electronic Singer-Songwriter project. In the studio I write, record, play and sing it all. Also on stage, it works as a one man show with the support of a little live sampler. I think with "transition", lokai have found their very own sound and aesthetic. So that alone offers to me something no other project can. We have very different personalities (even though some people think we are brothers) and this can be quite fruitful. With lokai, it´s is clear that certain sounds or structures will not fit. So it is a restriction that makes the world a little smaller and for me that is a great way to work. Complete musical freedom and variety are aspects I can entertain as a solo artist. まずthe support of a little live samplerのa little live samplerですが、a は冠詞でlittleは小さい、つまり、ライブ用の小さいサンプラーというふうに解釈しているのですがどうでしょうか。 (サンプラーというのは、まぁともかくそういった”楽器”のようなものがあります)

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

Although most old people do not live in poverty, most live below standard. Given their health problems, furthermore, they live further below standard than their dollar incomes would suggest (Bengtson & Haber, 1975). Another reason to question the value of the poverty index, or any index based on number of dollars of income, is that they are not satisfactory indexes of the relative quality of life. They are based on adequacy of income without taking into consideration preretirement income (see Walther, 1975). A person whose pension income is substantially below the preretirement income must suffer a substantial reduction in standard of living without additional funds. お願いします。

• 英文の意味を教えてくれませんか?

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。商品の新入荷情報を質問していて返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 We are in the process of putting them up, are there any particular styles you are interested in? There are not too many new ones, we realize the most popular ones are still the AAA styles, if you are interested in more please let us know we have updated those styles with newer colors but they may not appear in the new arrivals.

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

Failing health Old age is a time of failing health. Over half the elderly have lost their teeth; over half have problems with vision; about half have chronic health problems that limit their activities; and over a fourth have problems with hearing (Kalish, 1975). In addition, serious conditions such as arthritis, rheumatism, high blood pressure, and heart disease are more prevalent, and seven out of eight old people have chronic conditions of some kind (Bengtson & Haber, 1975). On top of all this, their incomes are lower and their health costs are higher than at younger ages. お願いします。