英文を訳しました!

このQ&Aのポイント
  • モアの会ったウォルシーに関する質問へのモアの反応を、チャプイスは中立的だと捉え、離婚は進まないと同意していると考えます。
  • チャプイスはキリスト教の道徳とカトリックの教義を強調し、最も懸念しているのはヘンリーが自身の妻であるスペイン王の叔母であるキャサリンを侮辱しないことです。
  • この英文の要点は、モアが離婚に反対していると捉えられ、チャプイスはキリスト教の道徳とカトリックの教義を重視しています。また、ヘンリーの妻であるキャサリンを侮辱しないことが最も重要視されています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

この英文を訳してください。

"Chapuys takes More’s noncommittal response to questions about his meeting with Wolsey to mean that More agrees that the divorce should not go through. Chapuys stresses Christian morals and Catholic dogma and seems most concerned that Henry does not insult Henry’s wife, Catherine, who is also the king of Spain’s aunt." お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

Cは、MがWと会ったことについて言葉を濁しているのは、Mが、離婚に反対だという意見に同意すると解釈する。Cはキリスト教的道徳とカトリックの教義が(いかなるものかを)強調し、ヘンリーの妻で、スペイン王の叔母でもあるキャスリーンに、礼を失することにならないかを最も怖れているように見える。  何だか奥歯に物が挟まったような英語ですが、要するにヘンリーが離婚すれば、カトリック国の王様の親戚でもある妻を侮辱することになりはしないか、とCさんが心配している、だからモア自身ははっきり言わないが、ウオルジーと会ったことはモアが離婚に反対だと解釈する、と言うことでしょう。ヘンリーと言うのは8世だと、まだ5人あとに奥さんが来るのでこの反対派の行方も知れてますけど、、、

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします

More than once, acquaintances of Mrs.Abbott compared Hattie's precocity and ambition to Mrs.Eddy and Miss.Fuller, which caused Mrs.Abott to exclaim she was sure a compliment was intended, however she really must point out Mrs.Eddy was not Catholic and Miss.Fuller was not even a Christian and was quite dead. 単語の意味はそれぞれわかるんですが、一文が長くて何が何やらわかりません。お願いします。

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

The Crusades were a series of religious wars sanctioned by the Latin Church in the medieval period, especially the campaigns in the Eastern Mediterranean with the aim of capturing Jerusalem and the Holy Land from Islamic rule, to recapture Christian territory and defend Christian pilgrims. The term "crusades" is also applied to other campaigns sanctioned by the Church, fought to combat paganism and heresy or to resolve conflict among rival Roman Catholic groups, or to gain political or territorial advantage. The term crusades itself is early modern, modelled on Middle Latin cruciatae, and has in more recent times been extended to include religiously motivated Christian military campaigns in the Late Middle Ages.

• 英文添削をお願いします

下の文章の添削をお願いできますか? You may already forget when you said to me this but they are enough words for insult me. But even I feel so I still tried to behave nicely at that time. あなたはいつどんなふうにそれを言ったかも覚えてないかもしれなけれど、でもあの言葉の数々は私が屈辱を感じるのに充分だった。それでも、私はあのとききちんとあなたに接しようと努力した。 I wanted to believe that you are not the kind of person who can easily cheat one's wife and daughter. I wanted to believe that it is not possible that you are like that.... 私はあなたが簡単に奥さんや娘さんを裏切るような人だと信じたくなかった。そんな人であるはずないと思いたかった。 以上です。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文和訳お願いします。

英文和訳お願いします。 In general, my music is just quiet because it’s not the kind of music that is supposed to be loud, there is not really anything more to it than that. It would be pretty silly to blast strings and piano at 105db. こちらなのですが、英文和訳をお願いします。どうもthere is not really anything more to it than that.のあたりが不明で・・・。

• わからない英文があります

Sandyの言ったBeing a slave for the Man agrees with youと、...that and not working at a joint like thisと、Rachelの言ったdecent hoursの意味を教えてください! Rachel : Sandy Cohen! How'd you get pass security? Sandy : How are you, Rachel? Well, you look great! Being a slave for the Man agrees with you. Rachel : Six seconds until the first insult! You're getting soft! Still surfing? Sandy : Every morning, it helps me keep a clear mind, that and not working at a joint like this. Rachel : Yeah, decent hours, appropriate compensation. I don't know how i ever left the DA's office. Sandy : Well, if i remember correctly, you kept losing. None of this roguish brilliant... Rachel : Conceited. Sandy : That's right. It was me.. So, what are the good folks at Parcher and Con doing. Rachel : I gotta tell ya' you made some noise with that Jimmy Cooper case.

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Withdrawing to the new line was not an easy decision and the German high command struggled over it during the winter of 1916–1917. Some members wanted to take a shorter step back, to a line between Arras and Sailly, while the First and Second army commanders wanted to stay on the Somme. Generalleutnant von Fuchs on 20 January 1917 said that, Enemy superiority is so great that we are not in a position either to fix their forces in position or to prevent them from launching an offensive elsewhere. We just do not have the troops.... We cannot prevail in a second battle of the Somme with our men; they cannot achieve that any more. (20 January 1917) and that half measures were futile, retreating to the Siegfriedstellung was unavoidable.

• 英文解釈をお願いします。

A・Bはゲイ Cは女→男のトランスジェンダーです。 よろしくお願い致します。 特に、Cの長い台詞が分かりづらいので、お願いします。 A: I love these. Look. B+C :“Veggie Tales.” B: The Christian Cartoons for kids. B: I grew up a born again Christian. C: Yeah, yeah, exactly. A: Was it hard to be born again Christian and, you know… C: Yeah, I mean, as far as being gay and Christian, like, I definitely, like, that’s, like, when I left the church, but the problem is that there are really great born again Christians like my parents who are all about the unconditional love and Jesus' teaching. B: Yes. Your parents need to talk to my parents.

• メールの英文がうまく訳せません…

質問が三つあります。 一、 知り合いの外国人とのやりとりなんですが、焦って結婚をする人たちについてはなしていました(メールで)訳がわかりません。自分なりにわかる部分をかきます。教えてください! So I hope they work out and don't ever give up!!!! Speaking of that do you belieave in divorce??? I feel once you marry that special someone...you have to fight everyday to make it work..and to make your love grow more and more. 私は彼らが、、、 私はあなたが特別な人と結婚する?、毎日、、わかりませんでした 二、 What about you??? You seem like such a nice girl...thats why I wonder why you are not married or don't have a boyfriend??? Any guy would be so lucky to be with you....hehehe...Maybe Me huh hehehe, なはた? あなたはナイスな女性のようにみえる。なぜ結婚してなく恋人もいないのが不思議だ。、、もしかしたら(たぶん?)僕かも笑 すいません、教えてください。 三、 (前回のメールがとても流暢な英語だったけど、、といわれたのに対し、) 「わからない部分は教えてもらった」(このサイトの回答者さんのことをさしています) とかくには Any person teachd me about point of.. on the internet..すみません 教えてください お願いします

• 英文の和訳をおねがいします。

It is salutary to realize the fundamental isolation of the individual mind. We have no certain knowledge of any consciousness but our own. We can only know the world through our own personality. Because the behaviour of others is similar to our own, we suppose that they are like us; it is a shock to discover that they are not. As i grow older I am more and more amazed to discover how great are the differences between one man and another. I am not far from believing that everyone is unique.

• 英文の翻訳

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに、 お願いできますでしょうか? 何卒よろしくお願いします。 Saturn in the seventh celestial house traditionally means, Marriage will be delayed but once married it endures the test of time. In the long term the marriage is colder, not unhappy. As he gets older he gets more serious, and undemonstrative, more plain and slovenly, mean and penny pinching. Time deteriorates him, you may feel he goes down hill over the years., becomes reserved and more sullenly introverted, but still sincere. More shabby thrifty downcast and self centred, careful industrious and will have concerns or fears over his financial affairs. Shy and inhibited in early life he would have experienced drudgery, hardship and poverty then, but material success or improvements began through his own hard efforts and ambitions later in life. The older he gets the more money and influence and power he gains, but then he seems to slide back. There will be may be obstacles to the marriage or relationship between you initially. Things will happen much more slowly than you really want. In his own life he it will seem to him that things have always happened slow, or at a later time for him than for most people, that his struggle has been harder and longer. Including the struggle to find love. The courtship and wedding ceremony may come within a two year period of sorrows and tragedies in the soul mates life. It will be not be lavish but it will be a nice ceremony., that feels exactly right for you. This will be a lasting marriage. He is a partner for whom marriage and love become a duty and commitment. With Saturn in the seventh house it is generally more favorable for marriages later in life than in youth. But if you become unhappy or tire of this union and then wish to be free of it. It will be in your own hands to separate and divorce. Divorce will not follow if the action for it rests in the hand of the soul mate.