急募!訳せ!(´・ω・`)

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 主人公が彼を探しましたが、彼を見つけた瞬間、驚きました。
  • 彼は水のほとりに立ち、空っぽな理解不能の表情でそれを見つめていました。
  • 白い群衆の中で、彼の活発な効率性は鈍くなっていました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

至急訳してください(´・ω・`)

I looked round for him and when I saw him I was startled. He was standing at the edge of the water looking at it with an expression of empty incomprehension. Among the white crowds his air of brisk efficiency had dulled. He looked middle-aged,out of place,and insignificant. But the smile switched on when he saw me.

• gdgdd
  • お礼率9% (7/76)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nannette
  • ベストアンサー率26% (1499/5698)
回答No.1

ふと目をやって彼を見たとき、私はびっくりしてしまった。 彼が虚ろで不可解な表情を浮かべながら水辺に立っていたからだった。 活気にみちた群衆のなかにあって、彼の生き生きとした活力といったものはすっかり色あせて見えた。 彼は中年のようであり、仕事も無さそうで、生きる気力さえも失せたように見えた。 だが、彼がこの私を見た瞬間、(彼の表情に突然)微笑みのスイッチが入ったようだった。

関連するQ&A

• 何が書かれているのか訳を教えてくれませんか?

A stone bridge,whose two arches were like an owlish pair of eyes gazing up the reach,was close to the landing-satge. I thought what a pity it was the flannelled men and the sunburned girls there did not know I was getting a ticket for the Mr Timberlake who had been speaking in the town that very morning. I looked round for him and when I saw him I was startled.

• when節の位置でのニュアンスの違い

次の2つの文でwhen節の位置の違いにより ニュアンスにどういう違いが生ずるか御教示ください。 (1)When I saw him yesterday, he looked very happy. 会ったという事象事態を強調し、 『昨日会った時には、彼は幸せそうだった』というようになりますか? つまり、(昨日、電話したときはどうだったかは知らないが)実際に会ったときは 幸せそうだったというニュアンスになりますか? (2)He looked very happy when I saw him yesterday. When節が後ろから主節を修飾していると考えて、 『彼は幸せそうだった、どんなときかというと、昨日会ったときがそうだった』 というように、(他の日のことは知らないが、とにかく)会った昨日の時点では、 幸せそうだったとなりますか?

• 過去完了

They once took my son when he was small and drove him around and grilled him because they thought he was being abused. He had fallen and hit his face on a bleacher at the pool. My mom was there and saw the whole thing happen but pretended not to know. I worked for Child Protective Services at the time and was humiliated. But thank goodness, my son and I were interviewed, so we could prove nothing bad had happened. He had fallenとnothing bad hadのところはなぜ過去形ではなく過去完了なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• double standard

My fiance is a toxic drunk. The last time he drank, he became verbally, emotionally and very nearly physically abusive toward me. It was the second time this had happened in our eight-year relationship, so I left him. I returned only when he promised to quit drinking and get therapy. He has already reneged on the therapy, and today when we went shopping, we walked by the beer aisle and I looked at one beer I wanted to try, but when he also started looking at brands of beer, I felt very upset. Was this rational, or is this a double standard on my part? double standardとは平たく言うとどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します。

“My life changed when I met him, but it was a slow kind of thing, it wasn’t like an overnight rich thing. He didn’t have a lot of friends in his life, it was very sad. That’s another alcoholic addict thing, he was very isolating, he liked to isolate. So he knew my brother, they were in rehab together, and that’s where I first met him. Then he was in rehab with my brother again two years later. It’s not that crazy statistically if you realize how many rehabs he had been to. So the second time he ended up in rehab with my brother, we were like family. That’s when he asked me to come work at the studio.” “He was just a nicer guy, he was more himself I think, more the real guy. I think he just slowly changed over time. Everyone changes over time, but he lost some of his warmth I think.”

• どんな内容か教えてください。

For a full minute I did not believe what I saw; indeed,our religion taught us never to believe what we saw. Unbelieving,I could not move. I gaped. The impossible had happened. Only a miracle, I found myself saying,could save him. What was most striking was the silence of Mr Timberlake as he hung from the tree. I was lost between gazing at him and trying to get the punt out of the small branches of the tree.

• shove it in his face

I just got a rather large promotion at work that I’ve been working toward for a long time. At first my fiancé gave me a half-hearted congrats and insisted he was happy for me. But over the course of a few days, he became depressed, angry, and starting taking jabs at me for no reason. I finally asked what the issue was and he admitted that he was jealous of my promotion. He has a great job, and while I will make fairly more money than he does, I always have made more money. His job has predictable hours and much better benefits. When he was promoted a while back I was genuinely happy for him—I saw it as our success, not just his. He sees this as a competition that he has lost. It hurts a lot because I want him to be happy for me. I don’t gloat or shove it in his face, shove it in his faceはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• The Dark Glassesからの英文です。

He pulled a sheet of blotting paper towards him. He dipped his pen in the ink and started writing on the bottom of the sheet of paper before him, comparing it from time to time with the one he had taken out of the safe. I was not surprised, but I was thrilled, when the door behind him slowly opened. It was like seeing the film of the book. Dorothy advanced on her creeping feet, and he did not hear, but formed the words he was writing, on and on. The rain pelted down regardless. She was looking crookedly, through her green glasses with her one eye, over his shoulder at the paper. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 主人公は15歳ぐらいの女の子です。 he=検眼士です。 Dorothyは検眼士の姉です。 窓の外から主人公が検眼士の様子を窺っている場面です。 ----------------------------------------------- ●It was like seeing the film of the book.のthe film of the bookのところがわかりません。 "本の映像"ですか? the bookと定冠詞がついているのも気になります。ここでa bookとしていないのはなぜなのでしょうか? ●She was looking crookedly, through her green glasses with her one eye, over his shoulder at the paper.について、この英文はShe was looking at the paperという繋がりになるのでしょうか? 前文は Then he took up the pen. I can still smell the rain and hear it thundering about me, and feel it dripping on my head from the bough hanging above me. He raised his eyes and looked out at the rain. It seemed his eyes rested on me, at my station between the tree and the window. I kept still and close to the tree like a hunted piece of nature, willing myself to be the colour of bark and leaves and rain. Then I realized how much more clearly I could see him than he me, for it was growing dark. となっています。 教えてください。宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

映画のとあるシーンです。 普通の人とは違う特殊なものが見える人が、オカルトショップを経営しています。 その店に、変わった男が訪ねてきました。 その時のことを、経営者が思い出しながら話している、という状況です。 He came to my shop. He said he sees it too. He said I can help him stop what's coming... ... that what I saw is salvation. A salvation that some people wants to stop. He said I can help him and I should see what he sees to understand. What I saw was those he killed a long time ago and those he will kill in the future. He just looked at me, sad, and said that he knows my decision before I even say it. He gave me this mashine. He said to use it if the vision changes back.

• The Dark Glassesからの英文です。

I had my glasses on again, and was walking on. "How did your husband react to his sister's accusations?" I said. "He was remarkably kind." "Kind?" "Oh, yes, in the circumstances. Because she started up a lot of gossip in the neighbourhood. It was only a small town. It was a long time before I could persuade him to send her to a home for the blind where she could be looked after. There was a terrible bond between them. Unconscious incest." "Didn't you know that when you married him? I should have thought it would have been obvious." She looked at me again. "I had not studied psychology at that time," she said. I thought, neither had I. We were silent for the third turn about the lake. Then she said, "Well, I was telling you how I came to study psychology and practise it. My husband had this breakdown after his sister went away. He had delusions. He kept imagining he saw eyes looking at him everywhere. He still sees them from time to time. But eyes, you see. That's significant. Unconsciously he felt he had blinded his sister. Because unconsciously he wanted to do so. He keeps confessing that he did so." Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 過去の回想シーンから現代に戻って、主人公とDr Grayが湖のまわりを一緒に歩きながら話している場面です。 ********************************************* 最後の方に He kept imagining he saw eyes looking at him everywhere. He still sees them from time to time. But eyes, you see. とあるのですが、 But eyes, you see.のButはどういう意味になって、この一文はどう訳すのでしょうか? 教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 前文は "It can all be explained psychologically, as we've tried to show to my husband. We've told him and told him, and given him every sort of treatment--shock, insulin, everything. And after all, the stuff didn't have any effect on his sister immediately, and when she did go blind it was caused by acute glaucoma. She would probably have lost her sight in any case. Well, she went off her head completely and accused her brother of having put the wrong drug in the bottle deliberately. This is the interesting part from the psychological point of view--she said she had seen something that he didn't want her to see, something disreputable. She said he wanted to blind the eye that saw it. She said...." We were walking round the lake for the second time. When we came to the spot where I had seen her face reflected I stopped and looked over the water. "I'm boring you." "No, no." "I wish you would take off those glasses." I took them off for a moment. I rather liked her for her innocence in not recognizing me, though she looked hard and said, "There's a subconscious reason why you wear them." "Dark glasses hide dark thoughts," I said. "Is that a saying?" "Not that I've heard. But it is one now." She looked at me anew. But she didn't recognize me. These fishers of the mind have no eye for outward things. Instead, she was "recognizing" my mind:I already came under some category of hers. となっています。