• ベストアンサー

わからない英文があります

"I firmly resolve to spend a month writing down every petty complaint that crosses my mind - TV breaks taken mid-dishwashing duty and all - instead of airing it to anyone who will listen." -TV breaks taken mid-dishwashing duty and all -airing it to anyone who will listen. この2つの意味を教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

#1/2です.補足です. >>mid-dishwashing and all(皿洗いの途中とかで)という意味でしょうか?  はい、そうです、and all を「とか」と訳されたのは、下記のように正しいと思います。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/and+all/UTF-8/ >>mid-はduringの働きもしているということですか?  during は「~の間」という意味で時間的な長さがあります。  mid- は「中間点」で、必ずしも、長さはありません。「点」が主な意味だと思います。  ここでは皿洗いその他の義務の、中間のある時点で、雑用を離れて休みを取る、という意味です。breaks と複数になっていますから、何回か取ったテレビ休み(職場での coffee break 「コーヒー休み」tea break「お茶の休憩時間」などと同じ構造です)  究極的には皿洗いなどの長い退屈な義務があり、それに「切れ目」=休み を入れる、その時点が、複数ある、と言う意味でしょう。  during だとただ続く、 mid- だと長いからブレイクを入れなきゃ我慢が出来ない、という、「無色透明な長さ」と「いやになっちまう長さ」の差がうまく表現されていると思います。

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。 1. 1のtaken  下記の take a break「休みを取る」、とか take five「はい、五分間休憩しよう」などの休み(break)を「取る」です。それの過去分詞。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/take+a+break/UTF-8/ 2。mid-dishwashingの果たしている意味を教えてください。  「皿洗いの途中で」、mid-carrier 「キャリアの途中で(大学ならテニュアの無い助教授から、テニュアのある準教授に進む時に行われる mid-carrier review と言えば、学者の将来を決める業績審査)、mid-semester (test)(学期)中間(試験)  うるさいことを言えば dishwashing duty と言う一つの単位があって、それに mid- がついていることになります。  皿洗い義務の合間に休憩してテレビを見ること

yuriayuria
質問者

お礼

TV breaks (テレビ休みを) taken (とる) mid-dishwashing and all(皿洗いの途中とかで)という意味でしょうか? mid-はduringの働きもしているということですか?

• SPS700
回答No.1

何だか読んでるうちに笑っちゃうような文ですね。 1。 TV breaks taken mid-dishwashing duty and all  「皿洗いの義務やすべての途中のテレビ休み」> 皿洗いなんか(くっだらないもの)やらされるので(とても続けてはやれない雑用だから)途中で息抜きに休んでテレビでも見ること(だからコマーシャルの切れっパシとか、ドラマのシッポとか碌なものじゃなくても) 2。 - instead of airing it to anyone who will listen."  「聞く人なら誰にでも放送する代わりに」> 誰でも聞く耳があれば何でもかんでも喋っちゃう代わりに  「向こう一ヶ月は、私の心に浮かびましたどんなくだらない些細なことでも、例えば1でも、2の代わりに、細大漏らさず、書き留めることを誓いますでございます。」

yuriayuria
質問者

お礼

回答有難うございます。 1のtakenとmid-dishwashingの果たしている意味を教えてください。

関連するQ&A

• この英文の意味を教えてください

"No person will make a great business who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit. " お願いします。

• 前置詞+関係代名詞

英語のやり直し独習をしていて、文法テキストの関係詞セクションを学習中です。なかなか自分だけで解決できないので、レベルの低い問題なのかもしれませんが、よろしくお願いします。 英訳する問題で 和訳:この本は読みたい人だれにでも貸します。 わたしの間違った解答:I will lend this book whoever wants to read. テキストの正解:I will lend this book to whoever wants to read it. "to whoever wants to read it" の部分がうまく解釈できなくて困っています。 1) "to whoever" の to は、どこから移動したものなのでしょうか。 "whoever wants to read it to" ということでしょうか? 2) whoever = anyone who と考えて、"anyone who wants to read it" となりますから、who 以下が anyone にかかっているという解釈で良いのでしょうか。そうなると、前半は "I will lend this book to anyone" ということ? 3) 最後の it は it = this book という解釈で合っていますか?

• 英文で分からないとことがあるので教えてください 

訳し方があっているか教えてください。 It will not come out well with Japanese and not to be it will send with the photograph. When writing a Japanese with the computer of Korea, does the Chinese writing which it writes from Japan hold is a case which comes. To be like that, petty to understand, it does. The photograph received well.^-^* Like that reply it will wait. 日本語を公開できません。写真を同封しましょう。韓国のコンピュータで日本語を書くことができ、日本の漢字を読み取ることができます。 細かいことが理解できます。 写真を受け取りました。 返事を待っています。

• 英文の和訳

すみませんが、以下の英文を 和訳していただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 The element of air was on your fifth house. This indicates that it is through conversation or words and communication, letters, that you will determine what your partner is really like. You will seem actively involved impressed attentive or friendly towards him because of your conversation or interesting the communications exchanged between you, but inwardly you’ll keep your distance still, and you will stay in control emotionally, no matter how intuitively, instinctively and mysteriously or irresistibly you find yourself drawn to him, you’ll try and be objective until you form an opinion. This will not be easy because he will seem like a man who is not ordinary, who can touch and inspire your soul with his originality, invisible strands of strange powerful feelings. He will feel so different to anyone you have every known before, that you will think it wonderful to have met him at all. Meeting him will be exciting. But you’ll try and control yourself and to view it coolly and sensibly. So there is a kind of duality going on, two levels, what you feel and how you act when you meet, each may be different.

• この英文の意味が掴めずで困っています・・・

以下の英文を海外の彼女から受け取りました。 何か詩的?な文章の引用かと思いますが、私の英語理解力が低くて、翻訳ソフトで変換しても、何を言わんとしているのか意味が掴めません。 長文で申し訳ないと思ったのですが、どなたか意訳できる方いましたら、分かるように解説してもらえたら大変助かります。 よろしくお願いします。 ----------------------- Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'

• 英文メールの返信 訳してください。

海外でライブチケットをオランダ人の知り合いに頼んだのですが、聞いていた日程が一日ずれてたのを知って 行けなくなった事をメールしました。 返信が来ました。誰か私の知ってる人が行きたいのであれば、(ボックスオフィスで) 私の名前で取るように言っていい。。。は分かるのですが、全文の細かい部分が分かりません。 特に、not bother telling, went through, see if we will hear from the again, real shame, あたり 引っかかります。 お願いします。 Dear +++++, No worries..... I will not bother telling the people who arranged it - they went through a lot of trouble. We will just see if we will hear from the again, but I doubt it .... A real shame though you can't make it. If there is anyone else you might know who want to try and go under your name be welcome to tell that person. Take care, +++++

• この英文を訳して下さい。

He never noticed anyone was watching him, and it was with surprise that he heard himself spoken to.

• 訳を見て欲しいのと英文の構造を教えて欲しいです

訳を聞きたいです 分からないところを質問しているので、詳しく教えて欲しいです。 自分の訳を書いてる場合は、どこが間違っているのか、指摘して欲しいです。 (1)It might be said that we use "our five senses", but even limiting the number to the conventional five (seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling, and touching) may be another mistaken language habit. another mistaken language habit が難しいです。 自分で訳すと「それは五感を使うといわれるかもしれない。伝統的な5つ(見る、聞く、味わう、におう、そして触る)の数を 数えることでさえ、他の間違った言葉の癖であるのかもしれない」 (2)We select, organize, emphasize and ignore much of what our senses might perceive and signal to the brain. 「私たちは脳が感知したり、信号を出すと感じることの多くを選んだり、組織したり、強調したり、無視したりする」 でいいんでしょうか? (3)What we see depends on how we look at "it" and who is doing the looking. who is doing the looking がよく分かりません。the のあとに~ing形がきていいんでしょうか? 「私たちが見ることは私たちが”それ”を見る方法と誰が見ることをしているかに依存している」 という訳はどうでしょうか? (4)This in turn depends on who and where we have been and who we think we will become. who and where we have been and who we think we will become がよく分かりません。 who, where we ~, who we ~,と3つに独立しているのか who and where, who~, と2つになっているのか分かりません。 who we think we will become というのもよく分かりません。 whoじゃなくて、whatなら、名詞節だと分かるんですが、whoだとどう訳していいのか分かりません。 悩んでます・・。 (5)Listen for many noises that you did not hear when trying to read; and most likely when you hear certain sounds you will try to identify them, that is to say, label them, in trying to indicate where the sounds come from and what they mean to you. ちょっと長いんですが、分からないところは and most likely when you hear certain sounds you will try to identify them の部分です。 「あなたがある音を聞くとき、最もしそうだ。あなたはそれらを同一化しようとする」 なのか 「あなたがそれらを同一化しようとするある音を聞くとき、最もしそうだ」 なのか、よく分かりません。 全体では「あなたが読書しているとき、あなたが聞かなかった多くの騒音に耳を傾けなさい。 そして、あなたが~最もしそうだ。つまり、それらにラベルをつけて、どこから音が聞こえるのか あなたに意味のあることなのかを示そうと挑戦しているなかで」 なんかよく分からない文章になってしまってすみません・・。 (6)The same is true with seeing or any of the other senses. 短い文なんですが、うまく訳せません。 「同じことは見ることや他の多くの感覚とともに、真実である」 と訳してみたんですが、もっと分かりやすい訳はないでしょうか? (7)We filter out what we think we do not need to perceive. what we think we do not need to perceive という文章は 高校文法でいうと、OとOなんでしょうか? OとCなんでしょうか? what we thinkは名詞で、we do not need to perceiveは文章ですよね? どう訳せばいいんしょうか? 質問が長くなりましたが、おねがいします。

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 挨拶文かもしれませんが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Thank you once more for requesting your Soulmate readings. We go now into the third chapter of your Soul Mate. It will follow on as careful and exact as the others. But this is now the unknown territory the lesser wisdom of the stars. We look once again through the curtains of the night and to see what will be revealed from the vault of celestial darkness. The experience of this love will be both intimate and compelling beyond your will. If you open yourself to it will be all encompassing, all healing. It can melt the past scars of life. To find a Soul Mate is always rare and special kind of love, and these readings are designed to guide you towards both cosmically and on the every day material level.

• 歌詞の和訳をお願いします

Friendsの「Listen to your heartbeat」という曲中にある歌詞について質問します。 I do believe in the two of us That you and me – we are the only ones この意味がわかるようでわかりません。 この2行の和訳をお願いします。 できましたら、 なぜ、そのように訳されたのか、その理由を教えていただけるありがたいです。 参考までに 曲名:Listen to your heartbeat I wanna know what you feel inside Is something wrong? Why did you leave last night? Is it all just a game? – Oh... tell me why we can't be lovers I do believe in the two of us That you and me – we are the only ones And we were meant to be true, so tell me why we can't be lovers How could I be such a fool I thought I already knew it all, but I know I was totally wrong Listen to your heartbeat – it will take you higher Follow your emotions – I know you'll get stronger Listen to your heartbeat – the feeling will guide you Hold on to devotion – I know it's inside you How will I know if you're fooling me? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to be Like it's all just a game, and I just want us to be lovers We had it all in our hands Just like those all happy ends I still don't know why, but we lost it somehow Listen to your heartbeat – it will take you higher Follow your emotions – I know you'll get stronger Listen to your heartbeat – the feeling will guide you Hold on to devotion – I know it's inside you One more chance to make a try Nothing left to do for you and I Listen to your heartbeat – it will take you higher Follow your emotions – I know you'll get stronger Listen to your heartbeat – the feeling will guide you Hold on to devotion – I know it's inside you Listen to your heartbeat