• ベストアンサー

以下の英文の和訳をお願いします。

kztkの回答

• kztk
  • ベストアンサー率53% (59/110)
回答No.2

making it do double duty それ(=1つの単語a word)に2つの仕事をさせる as both noun and verb. 名詞と動詞としての 同じ綴りで名詞動詞を兼用できるから効率的ってことですかねえ?? http://eow.alc.co.jp/do+double+duty+as+A+and+B/UTF-8/

one1128
質問者

お礼

解決できました、ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

It appears that we can have the capacity to monitor more than one chain of speech at once, though it may not be possible for us to monitor both to the same degree, or for us to have full conscious awareness of the content of both. We are also able to attend selectively to one conversation, even if there are loud competing conversations in the background, by extracting the relevant information from the complex signal of mixed speech. 以上2文よろしくお願いします。

• 下記英文の文法が理解できません。

(1)The talent their family is proud of is dancing. なぜisが二回でてくるのでしょうか。 和訳もお願いします。 (2)The class is looking forward to the year ender activity which is having a graduation ceremony Which以下が理解できません。 クラスは年次イベントを楽しみにしている/卒業式をすること 的な解釈で良いのでしょうか? (3)A noun complement, also called predicate nominative is a noun or phrase that follows a linking verb and complements, or identify the subject of the sentence, by either, (1) renaming it or (2) describing it. まったくさっぱりお手上げです。。。 すみません、教えていただけないでしょうか。

• 英文を訳してください

この英文を訳してください!! I am currently trying to learn Japanese but not making any progress :( I hope that we can exchange REAL letters so we can both make lots of progress but we can also keep in contact by email too! I shall email you my address after you reply :]

• 高校英語の英文和訳お願いいたします!

少し長いのですがお願いします。 自力で訳してみたものの、ところどころ関係詞で苦戦しています。。。 (1)The biggest trick that older brains employ is to use both sides of the brain at the same time to handle tasks for which younger brains rely on mainly one side. Electronic images taken by cognitive scientists at the University of Michigan, for example, have slown that even when doing basic recognition or memorization exercises, seniorsexploit the left and right brain more extensively than more men and women who are decades younger. Depending on both sides of the brain gives them a tactical advantage, even if the pure speed of each side's processing is slower. (2)Animal experiments prove that an undamaged nerve cell can take over the functions of a neighboring nerve cell that has become damaged or that has simply declined with time. The brain creats ways to keep itself sharp by making these kinds of adjustments on a widespread scale over time. お願いいたします!!!

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします(>_<) When we got our first cat, rather than doing everything herself, my motor insisted that my sister and I heplp care for out cat by feeding and brushing her. This was a valuable lesson for both of us. Caring for a pet can also help children develop caring social responsibility, and that has been useful to me in other areas of my life.

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

Herein, surely, lies the underpinning structure of Japanese politics as exemplified earlier in the families and religious institutions; by Kamakura period diarchy; and by Hideyoshi’s inclinations to ‘’federation.’’ In Tokugawa times, this pluralist structure was given a distinctive imprint, becoming at once more authoritarian and more pervasive, and so more powerful on both counts. Nevertheless, its age-old character is clear. Structural pluralism was not confined to politics. It existed in other spheres, notably education. More important still, even though the baku-han system has long since been disposed of, the underlying principle of rule by a diversified establishment, each element of which enjoys its own recognized power base, has survived down to contemporary times.

• 英文の和訳

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 再投稿ですが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Shyness with the opposite sex. Restraint in expressing your emotional, personal feelings and needs. You have much physical love to give and share and are not prudish. But the dictates of the heart are often suppressed by a fear of making demands or seeming too weak and needy for love. You area giver not a taker in love and you like your love affairs to be emotionally tidy. O have their own place in his life, you don’t let your emotions or dream spill over messily into his life. You keep things tidy you make no demands you are enchanted by the dream of love but are also, a realist in matters of love, The idealism and dream is just the coating you put on the reality. Inside yourself you are a hard task master and the soul mate has to meet to many special requirements, and has to be a unique man to win your heart. He needs to shine out or he is not good enough for you. Unless you can have your mate or ideal partner, you tend to sacrifice happiness, or prefer a life of freedom and inwardly reconcile yourself to spinsterhood. This is preferable to you, to being tied to someone in a marriage that is less than love; or who is not him.. Having tasted paradise, nothing else is good enough.

• 英文和訳です。お願いします><

Japan's Toru Hashimoto wins Osaka ballot Voters in the Japanese city of Osaka have elected former governor Toru Hashimoto over incumbent Kunio Hiramatsu as the new mayor. Mr Hashimoto, 42, had been the governor of the greater Osaka prefecture since 2008. He recently resigned to run in the mayoral election. He has proposed to reform Osaka's administrative structure because he said the city hall and the prefectural office overlap in their functions. "I hope civil servants at both institutions get the message from the voters this Sunday that they are not happy with your inefficiency," said Mr Hashimoto at a news conference on Sunday. The election generated a great deal of interest outside Osaka and the news conference was attended by at least 300 journalists. Voter turnout in the mayoral election was also the highest in 40 years at 60.92%. For most of the last two decades, it had hovered below 40% Mr Hashimoto's ally Ichiro Matsui was elected to replace him as the governor of the prefecture. "We can finally unify the prefecture and the city and work together to stimulate the economy," Mr Matsui said at the same news conference.

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

英文の和訳をお願いします。 A useful tool at this point would be an account of bulimia that is both plausible and parsimonious. It should be plausible in that it fits the known facts about bulimia, and it should be parsimonious in that the phenomenon is not overexplained by many concomitant, nonindependent forces. An appropriate theory should define the people at risk for the disorder as well as those not at risk. A good theory should also describe the process of acquiring the symptoms themselves. None of the existing theories can do all of these things. Although the sociocultural approach can define who is at risk, it neither effectively defines who is not at risk nor how bulimics acquire the binge-eating behavior. The clinical perspective is well suited to defining who is at risk and who is not at risk but has not carefully spelled out how it is that the symptoms are acquired. The epidemiological approach, like the clinical approach, is better suited to defining risk factors than to describing processes of symptom acquisition. I wish to propose a model that is well suited to describing the symptom acquisition process, based on social psychological processes.

• 次の英文を訳してください

Due to the declining birthrate, Japan will soon see the number of applicants to colleges fall to equal that of students accepted by such higher institutions. This phenomenon is expected to occur in April 2007. Colleges are making painstaking efforts to attract an increasing number of prospective students. This struggle for survival will apply not only to private colleges but also to national universities whose status has been changed to that of independent administrative agencies.