子供のピアノ練習に苦心する母親の物語

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 子供のピアノ練習に苦心する母親の物語
  • 翻訳機では分かりにくい長文を日本語訳して欲しい
  • 母親が娘に対して厳しい指導方法を取り、周囲からの意見に反発する
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

日本語訳を教えてください(かなり長文です)(6)

翻訳機では分かりにくくて、この長文の日本語訳を教えていただけたらと思います。お願いします。 The piece is really cute—you can just imagine a little donkey ambling along a country road with its master—but it's also incredibly difficult for young players because the two hands have to keep schizophrenically different rhythms. Lulu couldn't do it. We worked on it nonstop for a week, drilling each of her hands separately, over and over. But whenever we tried putting the hands together, one always morphed into the other, and everything fell apart. Finally, the day before her lesson, Lulu announced in exasperation that she was giving up and stomped off."Get back to the piano now," I ordered."You can't make me.""Oh yes, I can." Back at the piano, Lulu made me pay. She punched, thrashed and kicked. She grabbed the music score and tore it to shreds. I taped the score back together and encased it in a plastic shield so that it could never be destroyed again. Then I hauled Lulu's dollhouse to the car and told her I'd donate it to the Salvation Army piece by piece if she didn't have "The Little White Donkey" perfect by the next day. When Lulu said, "I thought you were going to the Salvation Army, why are you still here?" I threatened her with no lunch, no dinner, no Christmas or Hanukkah presents, no birthday parties for two, three, four years. When she still kept playing it wrong, I told her she was purposely working herself into a frenzy because she was secretly afraid she couldn't do it. I told her to stop being lazy, cowardly, self-indulgent and pathetic. Jed took me aside. He told me to stop insulting Lulu—which I wasn't even doing, I was just motivating her—and that he didn't think threatening Lulu was helpful. Also, he said, maybe Lulu really just couldn't do the technique—perhaps she didn't have the coordination yet—had I considered that possibility? "You just don't believe in her," I accused."That's ridiculous," Jed said scornfully. "Of course I do.""Sophia could play the piece when she was this age."

• CSH83
  • お礼率73% (31/42)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

<訳例> その曲は、本当にかわいいです — あなたは、ちょうどその主人と田舎道に沿って小さなロバが、のんびり歩いているところを想像できます — しかし、2本の手が精神分裂病患者の様に異なるリズムを保たなければならないので、それは若い演奏者にとって信じられないほど難しいです。 ルルはそれができませんでした。私たちは、一週間休みなくそれに取り組みました、何度も何度も、彼女の手を片方ずつ別々に訓練するのです。しかし、私たちが手をまとめてみるといつでも、片方の手が常にもう片方の手の動きに変わってしまい、そして、すべてはばらばらになりました。とうとう、彼女のレッスンの前日に、ルルは、苛立って、もうやめると宣言しました、そして、ずかずか立ち去りました。「すぐにピアノに戻りなさい」と、私は命令しました。「お母さんは、私にそうさせることはできないわ。」 「いいえ、できるわよ。」 ピアノに戻ると、ルルは私に仕返しをしました。 彼女はパンチをくりだし、腕を振り回し、蹴り付けました。 彼女は楽譜をつかんで、ずたずたに引き裂きました。それが決して二度と引き裂かれないように、私は楽譜をまとめてテープで張り合わせ、それをプラスチックのケースに入れました。それから、私は車にルルの人形の家を持って行き、彼女が「小さな白いロバ」をその翌日までに完璧にしないならば、一つずつそれを救世軍に寄付するだろうと彼女に話しました。「私はお母さんが救世軍へ行くのだと思ったわ、なぜ、お母さんはまだここにいるの?」とルルが言ったとき、私は彼女を、2年、3年、4年間お昼御飯も、夕食も、クリスマスやハヌカのプレゼントも、誕生日のパーティもなしだと言って脅しました。彼女がまだ間違ってそれを弾き続けている時、彼女がわざと自分から逆上しているのだといいました、と言うのは、彼女が自分にそれが弾けないことをひそかに恐れていたからでした。 私は彼女に、怠けて、臆病で、自分を甘やかして、感傷的になるのをやめる様に言いました。ジェドは、私をわきに連れて行きました。 彼はルルを侮辱するのを止めるように私に言いました-そんなことを、私はしてはいませんでした、私はちょうど彼女にやる気を出させようとしていたのです — でも彼はルルを脅すことは役に立たないと思うとも言いました。また、彼は、もしかするとルルは本当にそのテクニックができないのかもしれない―たぶんまだ彼女にはその準備ができていないのだろう―そういった可能性を考えてみたことはあるかい?-とも言いました。「あなたは彼女の才能を信じないのね」と私は非難しました。「馬鹿げてる」とジェドは軽蔑する様に言いました。「もちろん信じてるさ」「ソフィアは彼女がこの年齢の時、あの曲が弾けたわ」 *** 和訳(3)(4)(5)は翻訳機によるものなので、質問を閉じていませんが、あちらに回答しましょうか、それとも、新たに、質問を投稿しなおしますか?

CSH83
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。もし大丈夫でしたら、3,4,5の和訳も教えていただけたらうれしいです。今ある質問に書いていただけたらと思います。よろしくお願いいたします。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳を教えてください(かなり長文です)(7)

翻訳機では分かりにくくて、この長文の日本語訳を教えていただけたらと思います。お願いします。 "But Lulu and Sophia are different people," Jed pointed out. "Oh no, not this," I said, rolling my eyes. "Everyone is special in their special own way," I mimicked sarcastically. "Even losers are special in their own special way. Well don't worry, you don't have to lift a finger. I'm willing to put in as long as it takes, and I'm happy to be the one hated. And you can be the one they adore because you make them pancakes and take them to Yankees games." I rolled up my sleeves and went back to Lulu. I used every weapon and tactic I could think of. We worked right through dinner into the night, and I wouldn't let Lulu get up, not for water, not even to go to the bathroom. The house became a war zone, and I lost my voice yelling, but still there seemed to be only negative progress, and even I began to have doubts. Then, out of the blue, Lulu did it. Her hands suddenly came together—her right and left hands each doing their own imperturbable thing—just like that. Lulu realized it the same time I did. I held my breath. She tried it tentatively again. Then she played it more confidently and faster, and still the rhythm held. A moment later, she was beaming. "Mommy, look—it's easy!" After that, she wanted to play the piece over and over and wouldn't leave the piano. That night, she came to sleep in my bed, and we snuggled and hugged, cracking each other up. When she performed "The Little White Donkey" at a recital a few weeks later, parents came up to me and said, "What a perfect piece for Lulu—it's so spunky and so her." Even Jed gave me credit for that one. Western parents worry a lot about their children's self-esteem. But as a parent, one of the worst things you can do for your child's self-esteem is to let them give up. On the flip side, there's nothing better for building confidence than learning you can do something you thought you couldn't.

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (1) All Rome knew Lucretia for her beauty and goodness. No one doubted that she loved her husband and was faithful to him. In the eyes of the average Roman, this made her a perfect woman. But to Sextus. the king's ruthless son, Lucretia's goodness was a challenge. As the Roman historian Livy tells the tale, Sextus couldn't see such perfect devotion without wanting to destroy it. Sextus went to Lucretia's house when he knew that her husband was out of town. Because Sextus was a prince and also her husband's cousin, Lucretia and her servants welcomed him and served him dinner. They didn't suspect his cruel plan. (2) When everyone else was asleep, Sextus crept, sword in hand, into Lucretia's bedroom. He threatened to kill her and spread a rumor that she had been unfaithful to her husband, if she refused to do what he wanted. Lucretia was not afraid of death, but she didn't want to die with her husband thinking that she hadn't been faithful to him. So she obeyed Sextus―she felt that she had no choice. (3) The next morning, overcome with grief and shame, Lucretia sent messengers to her husband and her father. She asked them to come right away―something terrible had happened. The men came as quickly as they could. Lucretia's husband brought along his friend Brutus. When Lucretia saw them, she began to cry and told them what Sextus had done. According to Livy, she said,“Give me your right hand in faith that you will not allow the guilty to escape.” (4) Lucretia's husband and Brutus believed in Lucretia's innocence and promised to get even with Sextus. Brutus made this solemn promise.“By this blood, which was so pure...I swear before you, O gods, to chase out the king...with his criminal wife and all their children,...and never to tolerate kings in Rome evermore.”

• 日本語訳で困っています。

日本語訳がわかりません。だれか教えてください。お願いします。 (1)My mom says it felt as though someone tapped her on the shoulder, but when she turned around no one was there. (2)It was then that she noticed I wasn't in sight. (3)She saw me in the pool, kicking and waving my arms in the air, trying to keep my head above the water. (4)She held me in her arms and thanked God that I was all right.

• 日本語訳で困っています。

以下の英文の日本語訳ができません。だれかお願いします。 (1)You don't really notice how special it is until death looks you in the eyes. (2)My sister and her friend jumped into our backyard pool to cool off. (3)My mom would always watch all of us very closely, but just for a minute, she had walked over to the other side of the yard to talk to my dad. (4)She told my sister to watch out for me, but my sister was busy laughing and having fun with her friend. (5)No one heard me because I was so little; there was hardly a splash.

• 日本語訳教えてください。

日本語訳教えてください。 You have to value yourself more and value what you think and what you want to do. The way I see it, Got made lots and lots of people. Why? Because it’s a good thing to have all different types of people. Each person has his or her own individuality and character, and the most important thing it to express that 

• 日本語訳教えてください。

日本語訳教えてください。 You have to value yourself more and value what you think and what you want to do. The way I see it, Got made lots and lots of people. Why? Because it’s a good thing to have all different types of people. Each person has his or her own individuality and character, and the most important thing it to express that 

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

Millie has a daughter and a son, but they live on the opposite side of the country and aren’t able to visit now. Her daughter is 4, and when I saw her over the summer, she briefly referred to me as auntie. Millie pulled her daughter to the side and told her that I was not her auntie and that I was to be referred to by my first name. I was to be referred to by my first nameの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英文の日本語訳お願いします。。

この英文どうやって日本語訳すればいいのかよくわかりません。。 The way that Flora looked at me was horrifying, but this was not my only problem. Now Mrs Grose was staring at me angrily. "What a terrible thing, to be sure, Miss! Where do you see anything?" I pushed her towards the lake and pointed across it at Miss Jessel. よろしくおねがいします!

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

You would think it should be able to, but sadly it can’t – I’ve just double-checked the 2010 version and it doesn’t allow you to do, though it does have a built-in median function you can use when not working with pivot tables. よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (6) Cleopatra went to the palace school with theother royal princes and princesses. She became fluent in nine languages and was the first member of her family who could speak Egyptian. Cleopatra had tremendous appeal. Even the Greek biographer Plutarch, who disapproved of her behavior, describes her in glowing terms: “The charm of her presence was irresistible, but there was an attraction in her person and conversation, together with a force of character, which showed in her every word and action. Everyone who met her fell under her spell.” (7) When Ptolemy died in 51 BCE, he left his kingdom to the 18-year-old Cleopatra. Even though she was old enough to rule, according to Egyptian law, she couldn't rule alone. Ptolemy's will set up joint rule by Cleopatra and her 12-year-old brother, Ptolemy X III. (8) According to Egyptian tradition, pharaohs married their siblings or children to keep sower within the royal family. Cleopatra had to marry a brother or a son, and this consort would be her official husband. It would be a marriage of politics, not love. Cleopatra had no sons when she came to the throne, so her first co-ruler was Ptolemy XIII. (9) Cleopatra and Ptolemy ruled together for several years, but Cleopatra wasn't very good at sharing. She left her brother's name out of official documents─on purpose─and had her own picture and name stamped on Egyptian coins. This didn't go over very well with Ptolemy. Nor did it please the court officials of Alexandria, the capital city. (10) Alexandria's officials decided that Ptolemy would be easier to control than Cleopatra. so they plotted to overthrow the strong-willed queen. Knowing that her life was in danger, Cleopatra escaped to Syria, where she raised an army to help her regain power.