• ベストアンサー

教えてください。

bartlebyの回答

• bartleby
  • ベストアンサー率32% (40/122)
回答No.8

ANo.#6です。 誤解が無いように、もう少し説明しますね。 ANo.#7にある辞書の定義は当たり前ですが、正しいのです。A so that Bの用法で、Aに起因する「結果」をBで表す事も可能と記載されています。これを正しく理解しましょう。つまり、so thatでつなぐ二つの文は、何らかの因果関係が不可欠なのです。そうでなければ、同じ文章として繋げる意味ががないわけですから。 今回の例文を考えてみましょう。 1)会議を11月3日と4日、終日行う事にした。 2)帰国するのは5日の午前中を勧める。 さて、(1)によって(2)が「結果」となるのでしょうか?完全に独立している思想であることが分かります。二日間フルに会議を行うのでその翌日帰る事を勧める、とは「結果」ではない事が明確です。 例文を変えてみましょう。 1)会議を11月3日と4日、終日行う事にした。 2)4日に帰国する事は不可能になった。 Please note that we have now planned the meeting to last two complete days (3rd and 4th November) so that you will not be able to fly back on the 4th. 二日間(3日と4日)を終日会議に変更したので、(その結果)、4日に帰国する事は不可能になります。 ANo.#7にある例文です。 "The Bay Bridge was still closed, so (or so that) the drive from San Francisco to the Berkeley campus took an hour and a half. " 1)Bay Bridgeは閉鎖されていた。 2)San FranciscoからBerkeleyのキャンパスへのドライブは1時間半かかった。 これも明確に(1)の「結果」が(2)なので、so that が使える訳です。当たり前ですが。 従い、結論として、辞書の定義通りの説明をさせて頂いた訳で、そうでない用法が今回の例文であった為、間違いと指摘させて頂きました。 辞書とはある程度コンスタントに使いこなすようにしないと、いざと言う時に勘違いする事もあります。特にある固定観念を持っている場合、そのように理解してしまい、大恥を書くことがあります。十分注意しましょう。 まぁ、これは飽くまでも一回答者の意見に過ぎませんがね。ここは困っておられる方に正しい英語を教えるところなので、そうしただけです。他の回答者と必ずしも同じ意見であるとは限りませんし、それを敢えて否定する事も大人げないことですね。

hana7123
質問者

お礼

bartlebyさん、 色々ありがとうございます。 これからも宜しくご指導ください。

関連するQ&A

• most of とmost、thatとin which

most of peopleとmost peopleは何が違うのですか? また、この二つの文は文法的に正しいですか? 和訳も教えてください。 You should apply for a job which your skills will be of use in. You should apply for a job that your skills will be of use.

• 文法解釈

以下の文章に関する質問です。 Think about your activities of the last week as well as what you have planned for today and the week that follows. what you have planned for today のwhat にあたいするものは、 plan の後に本来来ているのか、それとも plan for の後に来ているのか判別がつかないです。 解説宜しくお願いします。

• should のここでの意味

For your sake I will release all the prisoners that I hold, unless you should be Lancelot, the knight I hate most of all, for he slew my brother. 2行目の should はどういう意味ですか?必然性がわかりません。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しました。届いたら不良品で返金か交換のお願いをしていました。その件で返事が来たのですがすみませんが意味を教えて下さい。 thank you for your patience and understanding, please know you can email me about any issues, I will personally follow your account. As for the 3 damaged AAA they are older so I am sorry we should of checked them before we ship them out to you. If there are any imperfections we will email you first for approval. Most of our AAA are new and we have some AAA that are older but for the most part this should not happen again. I can offer you several options, please let me know and if you can think of a better solution. - We refund you $BBBB USD for the bags and you can keep them and discount them. You can send it back ( we will refund you back the cost for economy shipping ) we credit you back the amount for the AAA and shipping and you can choose other AAA and we will give you 3 free CCC of your choice

• 和訳お願い致します。

下記の和訳をお願い致します。 You should not take any irreversible action such as selling property, purchasing airline tickets or leaving your employment in anticipation of being granted a visa. This office cannot assume responsibilities for meeting deadlines imposed by any proposed travel or employment arrangements that you may have made.

• 私の英訳、適切でしょうか?

(1)誰も彼らの考え方を変えることはできない。 (2)でもあなたの印象を良くしていくことはできると思う。 (3)それはきっと俺がすべきことだと思う。 これを私は (1)Nobady can change there way of thinking. (2)But I think it can make better that your impression. (3)I should do it for you that make better impression. と英語にしましたが、適切に訳せているか不安です。 ご意見をお聞かせ願えればと思います。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語に詳しい方、翻訳おねがいします。

英語に詳しい方、翻訳おねがいします。 On Saturday November 21st, we experienced a temporary technical issue that resulted in searches returning either limited or no results. Since we know this may have disrupted your business, we've issued a credit to your account for one day's worth of listing fees for each of your Fixed Price and Store Inventory listings that were active during the down-time. You may also receive a separate credit if you had Auction listings affected. These credits will be included on your November invoice, which will be available by December 5. To view your invoice at that time, please follow these steps:

• 以下の内容を和訳して下さいますか?

I have just opened up your pdf file. I actually thought that you will be sending it tomorrow Thursday at 1400hours per the previous Japan time scheduled. I should have the recording ready for you by tomorrow Thursday morning. Before that, could I check that it is only Content related to No. 21, Bungee-Jumping, that you would require and in accordance to the request you had made on your lesson request?

• 和訳お願いいたします!

和訳お願いいたします! How are you this morning? I guess you're quite happy ... maybe you don't need to work today. Listen ... I've been thinking about your trip ... and I feel a little bit bad. When I was in Japan, you traveled all the way to Osaka, only be there a couple of hours and then go back. Now you're going to come all the way to Belgium and stay here a 2,5 days. I feel this is wrong I should be the one making all this effort. But since it might be interesting for you to come to Europe ... hmmm ... I guess it's ok for you to come. And I will be very happy to be your guide in Belgium :) But the least that I can do is to arrange your ticket. Please consider giving me your passport details and when you would like to return. I'll propose a few options and I'll book the one you want. Last time you payed for the shinkansen to come to Osaka please let me arrange your travel to Belgium. Now smile and be a good girl, don't be stubborn and say ... "hai" ... Now that I have this of my chest ... I can go bed and sleep with a clear conscience :)

• 下記の英文の意味を教えてください。お願い致します。

Thanks much for your reply. Can you confirm your attendance (party of two) by September 4? We can always add you in but wanted to arrange everything well in advance.