中国の代表として米国に派遣された(英文書 学習)

このQ&Aのポイント
  • He was accredited to the United States to represent China. という文をas aという言葉に書き換える場合、He was accredited to the United States as a represent China. でよろしいでしょうか?
  • 辞書にはこの訳として 「米国駐在中国大使として正式に派遣された」と書かれていました。どうしたらこういう訳になるのかが理解できません。
  • 駐在・大使・正式という単語は使われていないので、私の訳としては「彼は中国の代表として米国に派遣された」が適切ではないかと感じています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

書き換え & 適切な訳

質問させて頂きます。 某辞書でHe was accredited to the United States to represent China. という文を見つけました。 質問一、  「~として」をas aという言葉に書き換える場合、He was accredited to the United States as a represent China. でよろしいでしょうか? 他の方に聞いたところ、「He was accredited to the United States to represent OF China. がいいのでは?」と言われました。  これが一番しっくり来る気がするのですが、いかがでしょうか? 質問二、  辞書にはこの訳として 「米国駐在中国大使として正式に派遣された」 と書かれていました。 どうしたらこういう訳になるのかが理解できません。 駐在・大使・正式という単語は使われていないので、私の訳としては「彼は中国の代表として米国に派遣された」 が適切ではないかと感じています。 皆さまのご意見をお聞きしたいです。  宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

>"He was accredited to the United States to represent China." The sample sentence seems a bit odd to me. It should be "He was accredited to the United States of America as the representative of the People's Republic of China" or "He was accredited as a Chinese ambassador to the United States." Anyway, it can be implied that the person should hold an important position in diplomacy. Where did you find the sentence above? It doesn't seem to be the one from English-English dictionaries.

PoorEnglish
質問者

お礼

Hi :) Thank you for your answer. I think "He was accredited as a Chinese ambassador to the United States." is better. Actually, I found this sentence on "英和活用大辞典". It's not an English-English dictionary. And I found the meaning of "accredit to ~" on "リーダーズ英和辞典・リーダーズプラス"

その他の回答 (2)

• cincinnati
  • ベストアンサー率46% (606/1293)
回答No.3

>>別の辞書で、accredit to ~ で、(大使)を派遣するとも書いてありました。 >>という事は、accreditited to ~ で、(大使を)~へ派遣したという考え方も出来るのかと思いますが、いかがでしょうか。 当方の勉強不足でそのような意味があることは知りませんでした。ご指摘ありがとうございました。ご推察された日本語はその通りと思います。

PoorEnglish
質問者

お礼

ご教授頂き有難うございます :)

• cincinnati
  • ベストアンサー率46% (606/1293)
回答No.1

質問一、  「~として」をas aという言葉に書き換える場合、He was accredited to the United States as a represent China. でよろしいでしょうか? He was accredited to the United States of America as the representative of China. 米国に敬意を表すにはthe United States of Americaとするべきと思います。またrepresentは通常動詞として用いられますので、asの後をひとかたまりの意味をもつ節にするにはrepresentativeとする必要があると思います。また中国を代表している大使かなにかであれば複数名は考えられませんので、the representativeとなると思います。 質問二、  辞書にはこの訳として 「米国駐在中国大使として正式に派遣された」 と書かれていました。 合衆国に対し、中国を代表するものはおそらく「大使」しかいないように思います。文字どうりではないのですが、言外に語られていると思います。ただし「信任された」とは述べていますが、「派遣された」とは述べていないと思います。

PoorEnglish
質問者

お礼

回答頂き有難うございます。 もちろん私の知識不足も有るのですが、辞書の訳や単語の使い方に疑問が生じる事が多々あります。 > He was accredited to the United States of America as the representative of China. 説明、内容共に納得がいきました。 ご教授頂き有難うございました。

PoorEnglish
質問者

補足

PoorEnglishです。  お世話になっています。 別の辞書で、accredit to ~ で、(大使)を派遣するとも書いてありました。 という事は、accreditited to ~ で、(大使を)~へ派遣したという考え方も出来るのかと思いますが、いかがでしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

On 23 February, Page met with British Foreign Minister Arthur Balfour and was given the ciphertext, the message in German, and the English translation. Then Page reported the story to President Wilson, including details to be verified from telegraph company files in the United States. Wilson released the text to the media on 28 February 1917.Popular sentiment in the United States at that time was anti-Mexican as well as anti-German, while in Mexico there was considerable anti-American sentiment. General John J. Pershing had long been chasing the revolutionary Pancho Villa and carried out several cross-border raids. News of the telegram further inflamed tensions between the United States and Mexico. On the other hand, there was also a notable anti-British sentiment in the United States, particularly among German- and Irish-Americans. Many Americans wished to avoid the conflict in Europe.

• 参考書の英文、訳、註記です。註記ではasをwhatとして扱っていますが

参考書の英文、訳、註記です。註記ではasをwhatとして扱っていますが、辞書には that which に当たる説明は見当たりません。この用法が載っている辞書があるのでしょうか? He looked at her as he hadn't looked at her for years. She was as she always was, quiet and selfpossessed, a middle-aged woman who made no effort to look younger than she was.[意味]何年にも絶えてしなかったような眺め方で彼は彼女を眺めた。いつも通りの彼女だった、物静かで、落ち着いた、年寄りも若く見せようと化粧などしない中年の女だった。 ※ as[←what] she always was を具体的に説明するのが続く部分。

• 訳をお願いします。

He would often think out loud while I was there . Of course, he could have been talking to a bed or a chair just as easily. But it was now a habit was slower than his. But that served to make his own ideas come faster and brighter. This was my part in our relationship. When I arrived at Baker Street, I found him sitting in his armchair. His face deep in thought . It was clear that he was considering some difficult problem. He waved his hand for me to sit down. It was nearly a half hour before he finally looked up. Then he quickly turned to me and smiled. He welcomed me back to what was once my home. he could have been talking to a bed or a chair just as easily. He welcomed me back to what was once my home.上の二行の文でまず、could have been talking 、 just as easily、訳し方がわかりません。また、back to 、what was once my home 訳し方がわかりません。宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の訳を教えてください。

お分かりになる方お願いします。 As the phone was still working , he was able to reach his father.

• be equated の訳を教えてください

例文は Coefficients of friction have been equated for diffrent common materials. ですが、equate をうまく訳せません。英英辞書をひくと次のように載ってます。よろしくお願いします。 "equate" 2: to treat, represent, or regard as equal, equivalent, or comparable : to correspond as equal

• 英語の問題で、

John F.Kennedy was the first Catholic ( ) elected President of United States. (    )に入るのは次のどれか。という問題で、選択肢に、having been とto be と who とhe was の4つがあり、having beenを選んだのですが、答えは to beでした。 なぜ、having beenではダメで、to beなのでしょうか? 分かりやすく教えてください。

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

The Allied Powers agreed that the German withdrawal from Luxembourg would be observed by the United States, and that the USA would receive the honour of liberating the captive country. On 18 November, General John Pershing issued a proclamation to the people of Luxembourg, stating that the United States' newly formed Third Army would move through Luxembourg to occupy the German Rhineland, but that the Americans would come as allies and as liberators:

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

If Mexico were to enter war against the United States, it would strain relations with those nations. The Carranza government was recognized de jure by the United States on 31 August 1917 as a direct consequence of the Zimmermann telegram, since recognition was necessary to ensure Mexican neutrality in World War I. After the military invasion of Veracruz in 1914, Mexico would not participate in any military excursions with the United States in World War I, thus ensuring Mexican neutrality was the best outcome that the United States could hope for, even if Mexican neutrality would allow German companies to keep their operations in Mexico open. The telegram was sent to the German embassy in the United States for re-transmission to Eckardt in Mexico.

• to agree

英語やり直し組です Environmentalists hope the document will increase pressure on countries like the United States and China to agree to binding cuts on greenhouse gas emissions. (1)to agreeがよくわかりません。 「二酸化炭素放出のbinding cutsに同意する中国やアメリカのように…」binding cutsのうまい訳がわかりませんが「拘束力のある節約?」のようだと思います。しかしこのような意味になるのならtoではなくthatではないのでしょうか?不定詞だと「同意するための中国やアメリカ?」のように感じます。何故toが使われているのでしょうか? お願いします。

• 例文の訳はこれでいいですか?

Silence fell as I entered the room. 訳:私が部屋に入ったら、静まり返りました。 辞書を見てみたのですが、fallとasの使い方がよく分かりません。 He entered the election as the clear favourite. 訳:~~~~で選挙に参加した。 ~~~~~の部分の訳が分かりません。「favourite」はどう訳せばいいのですか? よろしくおねがいします!