• 締切済み

翻訳してください

"a supposed secret laboratory south of Baghdad" と Actually, to be honest, I'm not so fond of that. はどういう意味でしょうか?教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• nagi13579
  • ベストアンサー率24% (22/90)
回答No.4

みなさまご解答ありがとうございました。 とても助かりました。 パスワードを忘れてしまったので別IDでの 書き込み失礼しました。

回答No.3

asdf0000さん、こんにちは。 >"a supposed secret laboratory south of Baghdad" これは名詞ですね。 a laboratoryを、いろいろな言葉で修飾してあります。 laboratory は、実験室とか、研究所 a secret laboratory で、秘密実験室、秘密研究所 supposed がかかっていることで、「・・と思われる」 となると思います。 south of Baghdad は、このまま「バグダッド南部の」 バグダッド南部にあると思われる秘密研究所 となると思います。 supposed には、仮定上の、うわさの、想像上の、という意味もあるようです。 He was betrayed by his supposed friends. 彼は、友人だとばかり思っていた人々に裏切られた。 バグダッド南部の秘密研究所と想像される(施設) のような感じでもいいかも。 >Actually, to be honest, I'm not so fond of that to be honestは、正直なところ、正直に言うと、 actually も、実は・・という感じなので 実は、正直に言うと、それはあまり好きじゃないんだよね。 みたいな感じでしょうか。 ちょっと遠慮がちに、「それ嫌いなんだけどね・・」 というのを言っている感じがします。 actually 実際に、現実に=really      本当に=indeed We actually saw the accident. 我々は、その事故を実際に見たんだ。 Actually it was only a rumor. 実は、それはうわさに過ぎなかった。 Did you enjoy your holiday? Very much,actually. 休暇、楽しかったですか? ええ、とても。 This old man actually swam across the Straits of Dover. この老人は本当にドーバー海峡を泳ぎ渡った。 実はね・・っていう感じでしょうか。

• konkichi
  • ベストアンサー率45% (94/206)
回答No.2

お早う御座います。   >"a supposed secret laboratory south of Baghdad" 「バグダッドの南にあるとされる秘密の研究所」 supposed【形】 想定{そうてい}された、仮定{かてい}の、想像(上){そうぞう(じょう)}の、うわさの、そう考えられていた、思われている。 ex. He is the supposed chairman, but he never shows up. : 彼は議長のはずなのに、現れない。 supposed prince 王子{おうじ}と思われていた人 supposed shipment of chemical weapons materials 化学兵器物質輸出疑惑 supposed situation 仮定{かてい}される場合{ばあい} supposed spy スパイと考えられていた人 ついでに、以下の副詞の用法もきっと役立つと思います。 supposedly 【副】 たぶん、おそらく、仮に、たぶん~だろう、推定{すいてい}では、想像上{そうぞう じょう}、建前{たてまえ}上は[としては]、一応{いちおう}は、~といわれている ex. He is supposedly the best doctor in the area. : 彼はおそらくその地域において最良の医者だ。 >Actually, to be honest, I'm not so fond of that. 「正直言うと、本当はそれはそんなに好きではないんだ」 actually (まさかと思うかも知れないが)実際は、実を言うと to be honest 正直に言うと、率直に言って=honestly be fond of= like お役に立てれば幸いです。 konkichi

回答No.1

(1)a supposed ~のほうは 「バグダッド南部にあると思われる秘密研究所」 でしょう。存在が想定されるが断定できないのでsupposedを使っているものと考えられます。 (2)Actually~は会話の一部でしょうからかなり幅のある訳が可能です。 逐語的に訳せば「実際、正直なところ、私はそれをあまり好まない」ですが、 ・actuallyは英国人が好む言い回しですが、殆ど意味はありません。「えーと」くらいに考えてOKです。 ・not so fond ofも状況によっては「嫌い」を婉曲的に言っていることもしばしばあります。 したがって、思い切りくだいて訳せば 「うーん、ぶっちゃけ、おれ、それって嫌いなんだけど」になります。 どちらがより適切かはTPOによりご判断ください。 ご参考になればさいわいです。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします。

We are actually three so we need trio singers it is supposed to be as happy and as naughty of this one ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQdE3w3T_4g but it must not be as fast and as "thin" of it. You know, if you get what I mean.. Their voices were kind of "thin". 翻訳機を使用しても意味がイマイチわからなかったので、わかりやすく回答いただけると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳願います。

It is not that I do not want to marry you, it would be a lovely dream to do so, I think. I do not think that we have this path ahead of us... but I want to have you in my life always, somehow. Duty as a man? To stand and hold the load, to carry it forward. To move and put the wants of man away. 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語に翻訳したいのですが、、、 2

続きを訳したつもりなのですが、やはり難しいですね。 チェック、アドバイスお願いします。 現代の日本は、ネットなどの情報手段ですぐに何でも知れるが、自ら実感したり学ぶことをしようとしない人が多い。 There are a lot of people who do not try to do actually feeling voluntarily and learning though modern Japan can learn anything at once by the information means such as the Internet. だから実際に実感する経験があまりないので、目的を失ったり、何かに頼る人も多いと思う。 Therefore, because there is not so much experience of actually actually feeling it, I think that the purpose is lost or there are a lot of people who do not have the application either. ならば、まだ見たことのないものを見たり、すばらしい事に自ら気づくことが自分を変えるカギになるのではないだろうか。 Then, it is likely to become a key into which seeing the one not having seen yet, and noticing a wonderful thing voluntarily change me. そのためにも、これまでの本やインターネットからの情報を元にして、実際に世界を周り素晴らしい世界を実感し、世界中の人々に生きていることの喜びを、目標を失っている人に伝えたい。 It wants to actually feel the world that seems to be surrounding Motohare, to tell the world to people all over the world based on information from the book and the Internet, and to tell the pleasure of alive to the person who loses the target for that.

• 翻訳お願いします

たびたびすみません。 翻訳お願いいたします。 Ah.... Actually it is 3:30AM here in England I Should be sleeping, but I do not feel tired at the moment haha :) Only 10 Days? Wow, that seems rather short That sounds like a good plan I am sure that you will have a good time Well, I do not have many plans for the holiday this time Usually at this time I would usually spend more time with my family But next year I will have many big plans One of my plans is to go to Japan! :D Maybe I will go to Osaka or Kyoto, Do you know any interesting places to visit in this area?? Yes, I would like to, but..... I can not right now My Japanese is not that good So i cannot make mail or sentance that well in Japanese Sorry, But someday I want too By the way.... I am wondering.... Do you understand my English??

• 翻訳お願いします

The shortfall is I am old and my memory is not what it once was, thank you for bringing that to my attention So I have checked and you are correct you have paid a total of $140.00 As you can see I did not originally charge you enough for shipping for both hosts I only charged you for shipping for one host now there are two hosts. OK lets start over you paid $90.00 and that completely covers the L2, we'll call that good ! So on the E2 here is the low down for the E2 host, it is $26.00 and the copper heat sink is $65.00 (normally I would charge $75.00 but you have been a good customer ) and the flat focus adapter is $20.00 shipping to you for this weight will be $12.00 and if sent as a gift then no PP fees so that would be a total of $111.00 You paid a deposit of $50.00 on 6-7-13 so the balance will be $61.00 round that off to $60.00 as a gift and I'll get em packed up and ready to go on Monday Let me know if that sounds right to you I don't want you to think I'm trying to pull the wool over your eyes or something

• 英文の翻訳をお願いします!

I didnt know you would send payment so quick, i had wanted to tell you i will not be able to ship these until next week. so if you want to put on hold until then that would be fine. I am away on business and will return on tuesday march 6th back to my home. but i'm available to answer questions and take any orders while away. so i just wanted to let you know that so there will be no problems and i will mail the day i get back..

• Meaning of "be supposed to".

Meaning of "be supposed to". Be supposed toの意味をきちんとわかりたいのですが、よろしくおねがいします。調べたところによると、supposed toは ある掲示板でこう説明されていました。 ↓ Question. Dear teachers, Please explain to me "be supposed to" "She was supposed to know how to behave properly." Thanks. Answer. "She was supposed to know how to behave properly." This sentence means that people said she knew how to behave properly. This sentence means that people said she knew how to behave properly (この文が意味するのは、人が彼女はどう振舞えばよいか知っているのを言ったということ) Question. What about " supposed to " which means " a duty" ? Thanks. Answer. Another challenging question! As you say, 'to be supposed to' can also mean to be expected or required, not only by duty, but also by law, morality, custom etc. (to do something). Now, to convey this meaning, I would just say: "She was supposed to behave properly" (it was her duty to act rightly). Still, it can also mean: "People said or took for granted that..."(期待されている、要求されていることも意味し、dutyだけではない) 上のように英語でbe supposed to doは説明されていました。 そこで疑問に思ったのが、 「茶室の窓はヨーロッパ的な意味の窓とは根本に異なっている。それは外を見るためのものではなく、外の気配を感じ取るためにある。」という文の英訳で The function of the window of a tea-cecremony room is fondamentally different from that of the European window. You are not supposed to look through [out of ] the window of a tea -ceremony room. It is there to give you some idea of what is outside.という英文でなぜ「それは外を見るためのものではなく」という日本語で、英語が、you are not supposed to look...と be supposed to doが使われていうのですか? 理解したつもりになっているsupposed to doの解釈が間違っているのでしょうか?

• 翻訳チェックお願いします

現代の日本は、ネットなどの情報手段ですぐに何でも知れるが、自ら実感したり学ぶことをしようとしない人が多い。 There are a lot of people who do not try to do actually feeling voluntarily and learning though modern Japan can learn anything at once by the information means such as the Internet. だから実際に実感する経験があまりないので、目的を失ったり、何かに頼る人も多いと思う。 Therefore, because there is not so much experience of actually actually feeling it, I think that the purpose is lost or there are a lot of people who do not have the application either. ならば、まだ見たことのないものを見たり、すばらしい事に自ら気づくことが自分を変えるカギになるのではないだろうか。 Then, it is likely to become a key into which seeing the one not having seen yet, and noticing a wonderful thing voluntarily change me.

• 英語の翻訳お願いします。

I will print off the photographs that you sent and send them to the Customs House. What does the receipt say that it written in Japanese related to the price paid of $70? I wanted to find out before it I mail it to the Customs House because the handbag would not be a “gift” if the receipt says that $70 was paid to you. I also wanted to be sure that the receipt does not include EBay. Many thanks for your help with translation.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Per Scott Weiland: I learned of my supposed “termination” from Stone Temple Pilots this morning by reading about it in the press. Not sure how I can be “terminated” from a band that I founded, fronted and co-wrote many of its biggest hits, but that’s something for the lawyers to figure out. In the meantime, I’m looking forward to seeing all of my fans on my solo tour which starts this Friday. ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』は人物名です。